Old 03-05-2017, 11:08 PM   #31  

Default Rough Day

I made it through the 15th day, but it was not easy. This is by far the worst day I have had. At times I felt like I was going crazy because I wanted to eat. At times I felt weak and like I wanted to faint. I decided to take a few days off and then try it again. My goal is to stick to a healthy plan for 60 straight days. 60 days is almost nine weeks, not two weeks plus. I think it is best if I start a new thread with a better title for what I hope to accomplish when I come back. My title is confusing to many. I really think it will get easier with each try as my body detoxifies more poison each time. It's the poison in my body that is getting into my blood stream making things hard. I think my blood is overwhelmed with poison right now since I have been eating, or I should say drinking, healthy cleansing food. Hope to see everybody, who is posting and reading, visit or join the new thread.
overcomer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 113/see my ticker/95

Height: 174 cm

Hi there,
I wanted to check on your progress, I can totally understand you have been struggling, quite frankly I think it's totally amazing you made it through more than 2 weeks of liquid diet. Congratulations on that amazing achievement!!! I wonder where that put you weight-wise?

These are just my two cents and please don't pay attention to it if you would rather not, but I think your plan was a very, very ambicious one. I don't really buy that much into detoxification, I would say the faint feeling and exhaustion were more likely down to your blood sugar falling down. I know this would be the case for me. I do very well fasting a day or two, that is, eating nothing and just having a drop of milk in my tea or coffee. While I do feel physical hunger, I don't feel light headed or like fainting at all, because my blood sugar is stable. In fact, I have loads of energy on my fast days and I tend to schedule fast days on days when I need to accomplish a lot (totally opposite to what I had expected when I started IF). However if I lets say made a smoothie (which is technically a liquid), I know my blood sugar would raise and then fall drastically, making me feel very dizzy. Eating nothing at all two days a week keeps my blood sugar stable and my weight loss speed satisfactory. Maybe you could have a look into IF (intermittent fasting) if you're keen on more progressive weight loss methods. But I understand everyone's different and what works amazingly for me may not the right for you. Anyway sorry for giving you an advice you haven't asked for. I hope whatever you decide to do brings you success!
Ronja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:28 PM   #33  

Lightbulb Hi Ronja :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronja View Post
Hi there,
I wanted to check on your progress, I can totally understand you have been struggling, quite frankly I think it's totally amazing you made it through more than 2 weeks of liquid diet. Congratulations on that amazing achievement!!! I wonder where that put you weight-wise?

These are just my two cents and please don't pay attention to it if you would rather not, but I think your plan was a very, very ambicious one. I don't really buy that much into detoxification, I would say the faint feeling and exhaustion were more likely down to your blood sugar falling down. I know this would be the case for me. I do very well fasting a day or two, that is, eating nothing and just having a drop of milk in my tea or coffee. While I do feel physical hunger, I don't feel light headed or like fainting at all, because my blood sugar is stable. In fact, I have loads of energy on my fast days and I tend to schedule fast days on days when I need to accomplish a lot (totally opposite to what I had expected when I started IF). However if I lets say made a smoothie (which is technically a liquid), I know my blood sugar would raise and then fall drastically, making me feel very dizzy. Eating nothing at all two days a week keeps my blood sugar stable and my weight loss speed satisfactory. Maybe you could have a look into IF (intermittent fasting) if you're keen on more progressive weight loss methods. But I understand everyone's different and what works amazingly for me may not the right for you. Anyway sorry for giving you an advice you haven't asked for. I hope whatever you decide to do brings you success!
Hi Ronja,
Thanks for checking. I lost approximately 13 pounds total during the 15 days. As of yesterday I was able to keep approximately 5 pounds off, but I can tell by looking at my swollen feet that a lot of what I have put back on is water. I have to work with approximate numbers because I can only weigh when I go to the grocery store and I'm trying to stay out of that place. There are alternative places to go to when needing to buy healthy food like at the farmer's market. I have tried IF. I just don't stick to it. I can easily go without eating a day, but when I start eating it is hard for me to not eat the next day. That is why the liquid diet seemed better for me. It's easier for me to stick with. I did it a few years back and kept off around 36 pounds. I am going to start all over again with a new thread soon and a brand new plan. This time I am not going to be so strict with myself. I will have more options to turn to when I run into a rough day. I hope to make it to the 60 day mark this time around. We will see what happens. Thanks again for your support.
overcomer137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 02:37 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 242/242/140

Height: 5' 8"

Hey there! How has your success been in the long term? I'm getting ready to start a liquid fast... I used one after I got out of college and maintained my weight until my first pregnancy... fast forward a decade, three more pregnancies, secondary infertility, nursing school... and I'm up to 242. I wasn't this heavy the day I delivered my youngest. Starting today to help break my junk food addiction and get the weight off again for good!
JDRogers06 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bone broth, liquid diet, liquid fast