Height: 5'6.5"

I'm in too!
Lindifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 02:57 PM   #47  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

First up, big apologies for not being more active in the threads. I had a crazy busy time while on vacation in England so I didn't get a chance to stop by and post what was going on and rally you all into a weight loss frenzy! Though it seems like you're all kicking some serious butt without my jibber jabbering! While most people are in their January resolution mentality, I was very much still in "I'm on vacation" mode so I've not started the new year right. My goal to stay under 170 lbs has ultimately failed, this morning I weighed in at a whooping 172.3 lbs, OUCH! I can't be surprised though, I definitely had a lot of junk food and unhealthy meals leading up to my departure.

I got back to America on Tuesday, though since then I've been battling one heck of a cold/cough combined with an ear infection that I got on Monday. Luckily I had antibiotics for my ear and plenty of pain killers to deal with it on the plane, so the flight wasn't as horrific as I initially thought it'd be. Today I'm feeling better, though I've definitely had waves of feeling crappy since I got home. I'm not quite ready to go running again, I don't want to have this sickness stick around for much longer so I'm focusing on resting.
The boyfriend and I have both been relying on takeout food since we've been back. We both had busy months (he went to visit friends in Japan) so I think we just wanted to hibernate and not bother cooking. That needs to end though and today I hope to make a meal plan for the next week.

I'm going to start getting my life priorities back in order this weekend, specifically with my job as a freelancer and getting back to focusing on developing good habits. I hope I can pick up where I left off, I don't want to revert back to the beginning after being away. One thing is for sure though, I don't think I could go on vacation for a month again in that fashion! Lots of comfort food and drinking. I'm hoping the 5 lb gain will shed off relatively easy once I get back into good habits and a normal routine again.

Please forgive me, but there's just too many pages to catch up on for personals! From here on out I will respond to y'all in full I promise . Hope you're doing well and give me a brief rundown of how you've been doing since the challenge began!

Last edited by Riestrella; 01-20-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 03:40 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Just one pound this week. But, hey, I'll take it. I was hoping for more as I have been good, but a loss is a loss. Good luck everyone.
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:37 PM   #49  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Welcome back, Riestrella !

I am glad the trip hope was better than expected! Hopefully you are getting reacquainted with home and routine! You will be back down in the 160's before you know it!
Thank you again for all that you do for us!!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #50  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Vehuel ~ I am right there with you. I lost .5 this week. But I follow a pattern: 3 so-so losses, then two big swooshes!!!

I just take it in stride!!! And as you say, at least it is going down!
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 12:01 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Welcome home, Riestrella! I'm glad you had a good time, but I'm also glad you're back. I hope you are feeling better, soon.

I am happy that my weight is going in the downward direction, even though I'm not setting any records. It's a record for me and I hope it continues.

Congrats to all who are doing amazingly well!
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:13 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 202/160/150

Height: 5'2"

So glad your travels were safe Riestrella. MorningGlory - My loss is similar...chug, chug, chug, BAM. This week was a BAM.
I hope everyone has a great week!

Last edited by Nightowlrn; 01-23-2017 at 04:14 AM.
Nightowlrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning!

I'm glad your are feeling better Riestrella!

And I way to go on the losses everyone! I am down another pound. Which I am glad for, because I honestly expected a gain.

Here is to another week of melting off the weight!
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 09:25 AM   #54  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 2 Charts everyone!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:
Old 01-23-2017, 09:45 AM   #55  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

Weight:
How was your weekend? I've practically spent the last 5 days recovering from my trip home to England (which is where I'm from in case it gets confusing when I say "home"!). My 173.2 lb weigh in is now a thing of the past, I weighed in this morning at 167.6 lbs, which I'm delighted with! I've basically lost just over 5 lbs this week and I'm back to my pre-Christmas weight, huzzah! I think resting and not eating out almost every day is what did it .

Life:
Being back is nice, though the weather is a bit miserable. It's either stupidly hot for January (which makes me moody apparently, haha!) or it's raining. Where are my lovely, crisp, cold days?! I've not actually been outside for a while which I'll remedy today, I definitely have a bad habit of not getting enough fresh air when I go into my hibernation mode, which always happens after a vacation. Does anyone else do this too? I love travelling and meeting people, but after I'm done I need a day to myself to recover and hibernate from the world. Being busy almost every day for a month had me hibernate for 5 days, but I definitely need that time to mentally (and this time physically!) recover.

My ear infection is now gone, (gross info ahead for the squeamish) though I'm dealing with one heck of an ear wax build up in there. I used some ear drops now the infection is gone and the stuff was crackling like crazy in there! I did it in my other ear earlier in the week and it barely made a sound, so I know that the formula was reacting like crazy in my bad ear because of how much of a build up is in there. It's causing me some annoyance since I can feel a slight plugging feeling in the bad ear, and it pops/crackles when I swallow. I'm just going to keep on using the drops until it's clear. Can't wait to have my normal hearing back again!

Today I need to ease myself back into life, I need to get a little work done, do the shopping and I'd like to tidy up the place too since it's gotten to be a bit cluttered again. Doesn't help I live with a man who just leaves everything he uses anywhere and doesn't put anything away! I try not to nag at him too much, but really is it that hard to put things back from where they came from?! Anyway, I'm going off topic! I know I won't be able to jump back into my productive lifestyle that I had before I left, but I definitely need to ease my way into it.

Exercise:
I think I'll go on a run later in the week when I'm feeling up to the task. I need to get back into 10K training which I was doing so well with before I left. I only did TWO runs in the one month that I was away! Eep!

------------------------------------

Vehuel - A loss is indeed a loss! Congrats! Keep it up.

MorningGlory - Thank you so much! Yes, my trip was lovely thank you for asking. It was very much go, go, go the whole time. I did a lot of treking around the country to visit dear friends! You must have blessed me when you said that because now I'm back in the 160's! How is 2017 treating you so far?

Wannabe - Great to see you! I'm glad to be back too. I'm sure after posting in here a few times I'll be back on track with my weight loss goals. It's easy to forget about them when out of the usual routine! If you're in a downward trend then that's amazing!! Don't compare yourself to others, just keep on trying your best every day and you'll get to your goal.

Nightowl - Thank you!!

Mara - Thank you and congrats on the unexpected loss! I love it when that happens
Old 01-23-2017, 09:54 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Riestrella, congratulations on the nice drop in weight!

I have to admit that I am like your boyfriend and DH is like you. I tend to leave things out where I use them, and he tends to put things away. Problem is, many times he forgets where he puts them and doesn't put them where they belong and I have to search and search next time I want them. And of course, he doesn't remember where he put them. When I first met him I was amazed at how neat his home was, but then I realized that things were just stuffed somewhere out of sight. LOL One time I went to bed, planning to start baking as soon as I got up in the morning. I set out all my ingredients and had them sitting on the counter, and had the baking sheets sitting out on the stove. Then I went to bed. When I got up the next morning it was all gone. He put everything away before he came to bed. LOL The next time I did that, I had to tell him my plan, and not to put anything away.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:51 PM   #57  
|| Casey ||

S/C/G: 297/ticker/145

Height: 5'7.5"

I don't have time for personals right now, but I will come back later! Just wanted to make sure to do my check-in for the third update. Weigh-in was 275.4 this morning, so down 6 lbs even for the week. A little less than the last two weeks, but it is better progress than I was expecting after having TOM for half the week, so I am pleased! Be back on later.
opheliaphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:58 AM   #58  
Bride to be!

S/C/G: HW: 208 188/ticker/160

Height: 5'-6"

Hi all! Sorry I've been MIA the past two weeks or so! But I've backtracked in my FitBit app and logged in my weights finally. I'm not down much, but I'm down since the beginning- and that's what matters!

I've started a ketogentic diet, so let's see how that goes!
rustylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 09:54 AM   #59  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Welcome back from the Motherland!! and Woohoo! on feeling better and on losing weight
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 11:34 AM   #60  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Riestrella,So glad you made it home alright and are feeling better by now. You might look into how you can irrigate hot shower water in your ear routinely to eliminate wax buildup. It works well for DH. I am encouraged by your experience of resting/not eating and your vacation weight dropping off. That is so awesome. Good to have you back.

So I am eating more than I should and am having trouble putting on the breaks. I sat with by my ailing old dog for nearly a week and ate (emotionally). We put him down Thursday and my over eating has to stop. Any Suggestions from fellow 3FChicks would be much appreciated.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote