Old 02-17-2017, 10:21 PM   #181  

Hi ladies, I just wanted to say hi and wish you all a good night and good new day tomorrow.

lurchmomma how are you? You know we are here and always love to read your posts......hang in there with us! My fitbit needs charging probably too! lol did you wear yours again? I feel so naked without mine now. I do so well some days and some days I rest or not so well, I guess like everything else, it ebbs and flows! Your really doing great with your walks and all. I had a lapse, am back........you know, it's a good way to let off steam! Looking forward to hearing from you.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #182  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello...

Weekend Boater: Today is the one year anniversary of my stepson's death in an automobile accident. He was 27 and his daughter was 4 at the time. Oddly enough, my 15 1/2 year old dog had died suddenly earlier that same day and made this desolate sound, like a warning, as she was going.

Hard day. Hard to believe it's been a year. Thanks for asking.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 12:39 PM   #183  

Oh gosh, I am sorry. Sending out a big hug your way I hope that you have loving support of those around you and that your not alone. I know some of us need to be alone when distraught. Hugs again dear lady.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:29 PM   #184  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello again...

Weekend Boater: Thanks again. It's a beautiful day here, sun is shining, the radio said the temperature is 20 degrees above normal. I am a true believer that everything happens for a reason, and that the Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord. It's part of the mystery of living. That being said, It's hard not to be more acutely aware of a loss on an anniversary. I took the weekend off so my husband wouldn't be grappling with it alone. James was killed late in the evening of the 18th, but it was out of state, so we weren't contacted until the wee hours of the 19th.

I hope you are having a wonderful weekend and that you have recouped your energy. Feeling wiped out is the worst. It's hard to find the motivation to move forward when your energy level plummets like that. Drink plenty of fluids. That's my answer for everything. I think we are going to have my knock off version of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana with salad and breadsticks. Probably not the healthiest meal, but since we haven't eaten anything else today, maybe it won't have too much of a negative impact! Oh, and I did find my fitbit and charge it up. I went for a goodish walk on Thursday, but probably won't get back at it much before Monday. Maybe tomorrow, though, who knows?

Andi: It's fantastic that you were able to spend time hiking with your kids! One trip to Colorado a few years ago, I hiked with my daughter and several of her friends to "Homestead Meadows", which was a ghost town high in the mountains. I think by the time you make the climb, you are at over 11,000 feet. Bout kilt me, since I'd been living in Ohio for years and all my extra hemoglobin was long gone. Just hiking around Denver, "The Mile High City" was challenging enough at somewhere over 5000 feet. I was actually pretty proud of myself that I hung with the yunguns! LOL. I think the trailhead was completely washed away by the flooding they had there five years or so ago. Such a shame, because it was a beautiful hike and the "ghost town" was haunting and thought provoking. I would have loved to have lived there. Were you in altitude during you hikes? If, so, was it difficult for you?

Well Ladies, have a great day! It's supposed to be colder here tomorrow.

April
Old 02-20-2017, 09:28 AM   #185  

Good morning everyone I hope that you are all well and had a wonderful weekend. How is everyone doing? We have 2 days left to our week. The weekend went well, just really focusing on today and tomorrow now for our final days to the week.

lurchmomma I am so glad that you are having nice weather there too and can get out for some pleasant walks. I am feeling much better, thank youuu! : ) I have been drinking plenty of water and it has helped in many ways. I may get out for a walk again today too, on Thursday we are going to be in the 60's. What a far cry from all the storms we had the past few weeks, it's nice to be able to get out and about again. yay on getting your fitbit charged, how often do you charge it, every few days? I hope your feeling better and I hope you are having a beautiful day there.

Wishing you all a great day ladies, catch up soon.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:14 PM   #186  
Becky

Height: 5'4

Hi,
Just rebooted Friday. I'm going for 10 total pounds by March 21.
Thanks for having this challenge.
beckyjwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:09 PM   #187  

Hi Becky It is nice to have you aboard!

Congrats on your rebooting and yay on joining! I hope you all have a great night ladies and I look forward to seeing you soon!
Old 02-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #188  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello All!

Becky: Yay on pushing the RESET button! The first step is the hardest. Keep us posted with your progress toward your goal...if you feel like sharing your plan, I'm always interested to hear how others are approaching the process....

Weekend Boater: My fitbit stays charged for around a week or so. It's a "One", which is a clip on type. It sends a message to my fitbit app on my phone and on my laptop and tells me when it needs to be charged. That's how I knew it must be in the house somewhere when I thought I'd lost it. I knew it had to be close enough to be communicating with my phone and laptop! LOL. There is an app "find my fitbit", my friend has used it a couple of times, but she said it charges you $5 (I think that's what it was) each time you use it. My fitbit was $99, so I guess it would be worth it, but I was too lazy to care at the time LOL. Some of the wrist types with heart rate monitors and text messaging, etc, are double that and more.

It was beautiful here today. I bought a couple of new chicks to add to my current crew of hard working ladies. These are "barred rocks". They are sort of speckled when they are mature. I like to have a variety of happy hens. LOL. In my opinion, they are much happier without a Rooster around, although, a mean old rooster can come in handy to protect the ladies! Every rooster I've had has met an untimely demise.....

Take care everyone!

April
Old 02-21-2017, 07:27 AM   #189  

Morning Ladies Wishing everyone a great new day.

I had broccoli and salad with the fish last night. Will continue with plenty of water today.

lurchmomma, ty for the info! : ) Congrats on your new hensssss! Interesting about the rooster! lol I was up early today, going to make another ice coffee ...I hope you have a super day and

I you all do! I will catch you soon ladies. Thinking of roast chicken for dinner and maybe Thursday when it is mild we might have a cookout! Boy do I miss that! I cook a lot in winter but we cook on the grill mostly in good weather. Yum!
Old 02-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #190  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Chickadees!

I am very excited to have remembered I have "The Best Life Diet" ebook on my Nook reader. I've been searching for the hardback I have around here somewhere, then suddenly recalled I had bought the ebook! Yay! I love the concept because it focuses on whole foods and moving more and adding strength training if you aren't already doing it....you record an initial weigh in then STAY OFF the scale for 4 weeks as you begin to implement changes. I started reading it a few years back, but, I don't think I was ready to be serious then. I am now. LOL. I will weigh in tomorrow as I ate tons of sodium yesterday, and don't want an artificially inflated weight that reflects an inaccurate loss 4 weeks from now!

I hope you are all having a great day! Not as sunny today, but still mild...I'll take it!

Weekend Boater: Roast Chicken sounds great! I understand what you mean about cooking out...DH grilled T-bones last night...so tasty, but I should have stopped at 1/3!

Have a great day all!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 02-21-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM   #191  

Hi April, that sound great! OMG my girl, lol, I cannot wait to cook out.

Just in case your interested or anyone else is this is how I do my chicken kabobs......

But the chicken breasts, skim all fat, and cube the chicken into piece. Put in a bowl with a marinade of cains fat free Italian dressing, fresh squeezed lemon, and oregano and pepper! It really is fantastic! let sit for a few hours or a day, then add sliced onion, red pepper, and orange pepper...or whatever pepper type your hear desires!

Dh loves swordfish on the grill but I just don't eat it! Be well and let's keep trucking!
Old 02-21-2017, 05:56 PM   #192  

Height: 5'10"

Hi!
Is it cool if I join your challenge??
I've been changing my diet since early February and have lost 10 pounds since then Now obviously a large part of that is water weight but hey I'll take it lol. So I think my goal is to add in 3 workouts a week, lower my carbs, and amp up the amount of protein I eat.
@Weekend Boater your kabobs sound so good!
ashori602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #193  

Hi chickies quickie post for now as I am heading off but wanted to say hi and wish you all a great day! Today is the new day to our week and we have 4 weeks to go! Wishing us all a good first and new day!

ashori Absolutely it is cool! Welcome aboard and congratulations on the 10 lbs. lost!

I will catch you all later on, have a great day
Old 02-22-2017, 09:42 PM   #194  
Fishing for a plan!

Greetings and Salutations and Stuff:

ashori: Hello and WELCOME!! I hope you pop in often! Good luck and congratulations on your successful start!

Weekend Boater: I hope you had a great day! I stopped by Kroger after a meeting and picked up one of their hot and ready to go turkey breasts. Mmmmmmm good stuff! It's hard to believe how quickly Spring is coming. The weather has been unseasonably warm here and I'm worried my raspberries will bloom early and then freeze. My MIL said someone told her the fruit trees are already budding.....

I hopped on the scale to do my initial weigh in as part of my Phase One of the "Best Life Diet" and it reflected a three pound gain! Now, I had to move my scale in order to weigh, as there is currently a dog crate containing two half grown chicks as well as a space heater to keep them toasty, in my bathroom (I'm sure there is a "you might be a redneck" joke in there somewhere ). Soooo, I moved the crate (despite a cacophony of indignant cheeping) and kicked the heater out of the way in order to place the scale in it's customary position and climbed on. Three pounds less. Hmmmmm. So, now the question was, which is the accurate weight? I carried the scale to my kitchen, shut the blinds, threw off my robe and hopped back on the scale. Three pounds more. This house is 105 years old, and many of the floors are uneven, but the kitchen floor is only 11 years old and even. It would seem I've been weighing three pounds lighter than I actually am all this time because of scale placement. LOL. Now, three pounds doesn't sound like much, but in this case, it is the difference between 177 and 180. Sheesh. In any event, my official weigh in for the beginning of this new journey is 180. No weighing allowed for four weeks.....

Sweet dreams everyone!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 02-22-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:56 AM   #195  

Good morning everyone

Hope you all have a good new day!

lurchmomma Oh it is mild here too! I so love it! Dh is coming home early so we can go out. We have a few mild days coming up this week too! I saw my flowers budding too! I know the weather can be crazy here but hoping we don't get a freeze after, anything can happen but somehow I think we will be in a good trend...or at least I like to believe! lol
I love wild grown raspberries, I used to have a big bush at my old house and they were the huge black ones! Regarding the scale, it can dooooo that with the floor placement and or if uneven, go figure, just another way to drive us nuts! hahaha : ) I am going on months end as in a challenge but after that I plan to stay off again as before and just keep on truckin'. Future meal plans and or any changes will be thought out by then.........in the meantime, enjoy this gorgeous day!

I hope you all have a great day and I will catch you soon.