Old 01-15-2017, 10:40 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 213/213/150

I have done some research on lactose intolerance and what I found was that as children our bodies produce adequate amount of lactase (the enzyme that breaks down lactose in our small intestine) but as we age productions slows and sometimes even stops. If children have digestive issues with dairy it's usually and allergy and not intolerance, but that's not always the case. I ate and drank dairy like crazy as a child but by age 16 I had to quit milk and eventually ice cream. Dairy that was more processed like cheese and yogurt didn't bother me...until now. I'm 33 now and am avoiding all dairy. Actually I had protein pancakes tonight that contained dairy and I'm suffering. Goat and sheep milk/cheese doesn't contain lactose, but I'm not a huge fan. I'm trying to find what works for me. I hope that helps and if I find any good dairy free tips I will share them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Boater View Post
hi Ophelia and WTG on the program!

Don't let anyone get you down! You keep on going girl! As for the water weight and all, that is where it starts!! I have been to goal before (long time ago) and remember a friend of mine saying that after I lost 10 lbs, "oh it's just water weight" Ha!!!!!! lol I showed them a thing or two! We really learn who our friends are, stay strong and keep up the great work!

You all inspire me, maybe I should hit the basement for a treadmill run? lol

I want to ask you all, I stopped white's....I loved pasta but had to stop it (along with milk, omg), my stomach would do tumbles! I know I am lactose intolerant now with the milk and before starting plan had a ***** of enough time with the pasta to not even want it now! Why did pasta start affecting me this way now? I had enough negative reinforcers that I seriously do not want it! What play does gluten have? and why on earth does ice cream not affect me in the same way?

I would bloat up, my eyes...face, and abdomen! Carb sensitive I guess.
THe things I loved, I do not miss now. My bodies reaction was immense to these things. Any enlightenment? I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from each other....weekend boater! or so I dream!
HazelH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:22 AM   #107  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Challenge Goal: 27.76lbs

So far: 7.3bs 26% of the way there!!

Good luck, everyone!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:54 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 194/194/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm going to start drinking more each day as well as do yoga and try and run more. I would like to get down to 160 by my birthday *March 26th so I gotta work! work! work!
balladofsalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 11:11 AM   #109  
Determind Member

S/C/G: 323/313/168

Height: 5ft 6"

Hello

Yes Weekend, went back to the gym on Saturday because I had takeout and I felt it was 100% necessary. It was a good workout as well

I had a quick measure of my thighs and calves while in my gym leggings, and it seems that I have lost bout 1/4 - 1/2 an inch in both thighs and both calves. So its quite possible that I will of hit my target for Spring Super exited about that
Scotsgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 03:27 PM   #110  

Hi ladies, hope you all had a great weekend! Read all your posts and it's always nice to hear your news.

I had an off track yesterday, I would call the weekend so so, it could of been much worse though! Tis' a new day ladies and a new start to the week, here is to us all making it a good new day!

HazelH Thank you! So odd I found your post today about that, I had a cup of milk last night for the first time in a very long time and eek, did not agree with me! No wonder feta cheese does not bother me. I have cut way back but do have it in my salad occasionally, I used to eat a lot of it!
I am sorry that you were not feeling well last night and I hope your fine today. Helps a lot Hazel, ty again for sharing : ) Hope your having a great day.

Rosinate WTG! that is wonderful! Thank you for sharing with us! Your doing super! keep up the great work.

balladofsalad Wishing you much success on your plan and hoping for a good start to the week for you, for all of you!

Scotsgal yes? Oh that is awesome! Congrats on the inches lost girl!

A big hello to all of you ladies! So far so good today, I had 2 h.b eggs , tonight I am having roast chicken and broccoli unless Dh wants breakfast night. Keep up the great work everyone, never too late to jump on the wagon..every day is a new opportunity and or a new day under our belts.
Weekend Boater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 02:54 AM   #111  
Happy Plodder

balladofsalad! I love your name!!
Old 01-17-2017, 03:11 AM   #112  
[url=http://www.TickerFac

Default staying on track

[QUOTE=Bslope0;5293830]Weigh in for me is every sunday! Here are my last two weigh ins...

01/02: actual 189
01/08: Actual 186

new weigh in for this week.....

1/15:184 lbs
Bslope0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:30 AM   #113  
Happy Plodder

Bslope0 ~ well done!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Good morning Gals,

Congrats ScotsGal on trimming those legs!! Something to be proud of.

Congrats also to Bslope0 and Rosinante!

I didn't have a great weekend as had a dinner for DBF and then went to his house the next night where he made a delish dinner...it wasn't "bad" food, but it was creole rice and loaded with sodium (sodium and sugar are the devil for me!). I'll need a whole day to flush my system of all that stuff.

Got a good night's sleep and that usually helps me stay on plan. Also hope to walk a bit today if it doesn't rain!

Andi
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 04:42 PM   #115  

Hi ladies, hope you all had a good day plan wise and in general! If not, tomorrow is a new day! I need to go start dinner but will catch up more soon.

Yesterday went well and today is going good. I went to the market, having beef night tonight and baked haddock tomorrow. Looking forward to relaxing tonight! With that being said, I hope you all have a great night.

bslope Congratulations on the loss! WTG!

webwoman sodium gets me too! I hope you had a wonderful time with DBF and that you have good weather for a walk and just a great night in general. Drinking plenty of water typically helps me flush if I end up having something salty. Wishing you a great new day tomorrow.

Have a nice night everyone, hope to catch you all soon. May we all wake up to a good new day!
Old 01-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #116  

Hi ladies, hugs. I hope you are all doing well.

It has been quite busy here! After Sunday's so called cheat meal I did not WI but I don't WI much nowadays anyways! (I find it derails me if I WI too much). Needless to say, we are nearing months end! We still have 13 days left to this month so let's keep on truckin' I will report soon!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #117  

Good morning ladies and happy new day! How is everyone doing? We still have 13 days left to this month, wishing you all a great day.

Last night I had baked haddock that I made and I really love that, it's not too heavy and I always wake up with a light feeling the morning after.

Nice to see the sunshine here today. I am not a cold weather or winter lover and January and February are my hardest months. Typically, I would eat myself into comfort oblivion and it feels good to not be doing that now and getting ready for that very sneaky warm weather which just abruptly shows up one day! lol I am just focusing on taking it one day at a time, just cant wait to get these next two months behind me. The exercise is helping me a lot as an outlet.

Yay on tomorrow being Friday! Wishing everyone a great new day, let's keep plugging away.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:17 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hello ladies, just checking in.

I've been losing weight from the heavy weekend food, but it sure comes off a lot slower than it goes on!!

WB, your baked haddock sounds great I just bought a bunch of chicken breasts and prepared them for quick meals from the fridge! Yesterday was a good day but still not back to where I was. Seems it's 2 steps forward, 1 step back!

Hope you're all doing well!

Andi

Last edited by WebWoman; 01-19-2017 at 01:35 PM.
WebWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 11:28 AM   #119  

Hey WebWoman nice going on getting right back on track! You will get it off, keep up the good work. Nice going on having those chicken breasts ready! I keep postponing my calisthenics today, ugh, lol. Wishing you another good day Andi.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:10 PM   #120  

Quickie update, I didn't do the calisthenics but did the WII step aerobics. Hope everyone's day is going well.