Old 01-30-2017, 07:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 128/127/110

Height: 4'11"

I hope things improve for you. This is the second time I've dieted, and both times have been after a period of intense and very invasive stress. It can feel like reclaiming power over my own body, and I like that it's a positive thing for me in many ways. How do you find it?

Yesterday was a pain flare day, so not great in various ways. People did come over for board games, which was lovely, and I made popcorn before they left, as I realised that I needed to get food in me because of the painkillers. I was too tired to make biscuits, we'd had to do emergency cleaning before they got here, but the popcorn was much appreciated and healthier anyway. I should mention that I'm used to dealing with pain, it's an ordinary thing for me, and I'd far rather be in pain and happy than not in pain and miserable. Being in a good relationship, having friends and hobbies, and of course a daft little cat, makes such a difference.

W: 2400ml
E: 1290cal
E: 2 min of stretches while brushing my teeth, better than nothing!
D: not really, although I showed off the new harp to my friends, played them a couple of tunes, and sorted out a spot to keep it in. It is now resting on a couple of appropriately sized storage boxes, easier to pick up and out of the way of wandering paws. Our cat never lays a paw on the instruments, apart from snoozing on my partner's digital piano when he plays Joplin, but it was pointed out that it might be on her pouncing route.

We both slept in this morning, especially my partner, so it's midday and I'm just getting breakfast now. The pain's got a foothold, I'll have to be conked out on painkillers again. We both wanted to go to the protest later but I think he'll be going without me, I'm not well enough. Ah well, we'll have a nice peaceful day at home together, and we are both massively appreciating being able to be back in his flat.
Esofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 01:40 PM   #32  

Yesterday: another pain flare day, although the good news is that I managed to get through today without painkillers. I think the stretches and meditation are starting to kick in, plus a hot shower really helped this morning.

W: 2700 - I need to make a bit more effort with this, I've been consistently slightly low.
E: 1241. My target of 1250 seems to be suiting me. Sourdough toast for breakfast, salad with rice and chick peas for lunch, fairly traditional pasta with tomato sauce and butterbeans for dinner, nuts and chocolate for snacks. I have dug out the sprouted and put some lentils on to soak, and the bread currently in the machine is rye bread with caraway seeds.
E: Stretches and 5 min meditation, woo hoo. Keeping a diary of it here is helping so far.
D: Still not picked up a needle in a while, and no harp as I was too zonked, but my partner is making a larger-scale version of a game board in cardboard and we were working on that together, with my quilting rulers and such, so that was a nice creative thing.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:07 AM   #33  

W: 3400ml, kept going to the loo at night as I drank a nice big mug of tea too late.
E: 1262, including miso soup for lunch (was going to be with red rice but I burned it, so with noodles instead), and a bit of protein powder as a snack.
E: Stretches and meditation, go me! I need to move up to 10 min meditation, I think.
D: I sewed a quilt block (woo, though I'm not sure it's right for that spot) and played a bit of the lever harp.

Weight this morning is 129.8, down from my starting weight of 131.6 five days ago. This must be the fabled quicker loss you get in the first week. Last time I dieted I didn't have the courage to weigh myself at all for the first month, so I missed that bit.

And I have a cold. *snuffle snuffle snuffle*
Old 02-02-2017, 10:59 AM   #34  

Gah, my last reply got eaten. Yesterday was another painkillers day, my left shoulder has been absolutely rigid.

W: 3000ml
E: 1285 cal
E: stretches, bit of Miracle Ball, lots of meditation
D: sewed another quilt block! It's not quite right, but with some resewing it should be fixable.
Old 02-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #35  

Tell you what, I seem to be taking this over when you're a bunch of friends, and I'm finding that posting every day helps me, so I'll start a new thread. All the best to you, and thank you for this thread, it's really helped me get started.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:27 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Esofia, you are welcome to be here too! That's how we all got to be friends!

I'm getting back on track, so step one is to get back here!

W 100
E Did 30 minutes on the dreadmill this AM, exercise is not my issue. Food and booze are my issue!
E OP, log into MFP
D Keep moving forward.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:55 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Spring is springing!

W 100
E perhaps running after work?
E OP
D Keep moving forward
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote