Old 04-23-2016, 05:12 AM   #16  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

The apartment sounds wonderful. A balcony! I'd love a balcony!!!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:08 PM   #17  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Back in Colorado now, it's good to be back. As the BF said "home is where all your stuff is." We're eager to get going with move out plans, but tonight we're just relaxing.

So after a week of eating great food I'm terrified to step on the scale tomorrow morning. I actually feel like I look bigger, I'm really scared that I'm back in the 170's. Either way, that number ain't gonna be pretty, but I will deal with it by focusing on my health. I've pledged to myself to count calories strictly and to exercise up a storm. My 10K is very soon so it won't be hard to motivate myself. The calorie counting is going to be tough, I stop and start depending on my mood, but it's time to get serious. I'm looking in the mirror and seeing my face get bigger and I HATE that.
Knowing I'm just around the corner from living in my own place too is inspiration to start now so it won't be such a shock when we arrive. Either way, this challenge is going to be interesting, because I know I mean well saying all this now but moving is stressful so I know I'll struggle to stay on plan.

Wish me luck!

--------------

magistra - Yes, it is such a relief! Congrats on 2 lbs lost! What do you do for work? I can understand the desire to sit and relax after a long day! I found that if I did some exercise as soon as I entered my apartment then I'd actually do it. Sit down on and that chair just for 5 minutes and it's game over. Moving every hour is great idea too!

Rosinante - I'm looking forward to the balcony too, I want to get loads of potted plants, maybe some hanging basket, humming bird feeders! Exciting times!
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:11 AM   #18  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Welp. I weighed in this morning at 169 lbs. Oof, that hurt. Though I'm not quite back in the 170's it still isn't nice to see my weight go up so much. This is probably the heaviest I've been in the last 2 years, granted I've been hovering at 165 lbs in the last 2 years. Either way, it's time to get a grip and actually TRY to lose weight rather than just talk about it.

Today I'm going on a 5 mile run as part of 10K training, it's going to suck after being inactive for a week but I've got to do it. Sounds pretty damn windy out there too so that won't help my enjoyment of the run, but I have to train!
Old 04-24-2016, 03:53 PM   #19  
Happy Plodder

I hear the fear when 170 gets near!!

Go steady, don't kill yourself by overdoing it!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:35 PM   #20  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Week 1 Charts!

Overall Chart:

Chicks up for a Challenge Chart:
Old 04-26-2016, 12:10 AM   #21  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm still at 172
I can't enter my #s in the spreadsheet. Am I doing it wrong? It says my browser isn't supported. Help, please!

Rie: you're as busy as I am, except based on the size of your new place, I have 3x as much to move!
Good luck with your moving adventures. My DH owns a moving company, so that helps ALOT!
I'm assuming you are moving to Decatur, AL? If you've never been to the south in the summer, you're in for a real hot treat!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 04-26-2016 at 12:25 AM.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #22  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

K9Owner - What browser are you using? Are you on your tablet or phone? You may need to download the Google Drive app if you're trying to edit it on anything other than a computer. We don't have that much stuff, so we're lucky! I'm sure future moves won't get any easier though!! Yes, we're moving to Decatur in Atlanta, we've been very much warned about the summer ahead. It's going to be interesting! Though we have experience with humid Japanese summers so we've had some training, haha.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:48 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

My bad. I was late entering my weight. Meant to do it on Monday but Monday was a bit manic. So did it on Tuesday. Hope everyone is doing well. A friend wanted to go to Slimming World. So I thought I would give it a go. Since giving up calorie-counting and going to Slimmming World my weight loss has really slowed. I just don't think it suits me. So, I've gone back to calorie counting and will tag along to Slimming World just to keep my pal company. Much relieved to have made that decision!
Happy losing! Have a good week eveyone!
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 05:24 AM   #24  
Happy Plodder

Happy dance!

Also, kick up the bum dance, I really want to stuff my face but I'm trying to make wanting to have a good result this week stronger!!
Old 04-27-2016, 05:34 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 192/171/140

Height: 5ft 4in

Ooh and extra confession. I've booked a holiday in June so public mini-goal is 7 lb, secret sealed-in-an-envelope-and-put-in-a-safe goal is 11lb loss before my hols. Fingers crossed!
Vehuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #26  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

Hey everyone!

So I've managed to shake off my Atlanta gain, I've gone from 169 lbs to 166 lbs so I'm very happy with that. I've been slacking with exercise, which is very unlike me with a race next week. The weather is miserable here right now so I'm finding it difficult to find a nice time to run. I should just brave the cold/wet weather but I just can't seem to .

This 10K was more for me to get off my butt and exercise and I was doing so well with that, then I went to Atlanta for a week and it just completely threw me off. I find it so difficult to pick up where I left off, it's almost like I have to slowly gain momentum and if anything interrupts me I'm back at the beginning. I'm also going to play the "I'm moving" card; I'm finding planning the move and getting my green card interview documents sorted are taking over my life a little. Plus the overwhelming urge to hibernate and not speak to anyone or do anything.

But. I lost 3 lbs. So I should be happy with that. I think I'm way too hard on myself in general and it does me no good. I need to take my own advice and relax. The 10K was never about me being the best runner I can be, it was just a nice little incentive. Sorry, pep talking myself here!

--------------

Vehuel - No worries, you can enter your weights at any time it's just the charts you'll miss out on if you're late. One of my friends LOVES slimming world and she's done so well with it. Though I think her weight loss has really slowed and only exercise/being strict will help her to be "trim". I think it's a great place for beginners, but if you're a seasoned weight loss-er then it might not be great. That's my outside spin on it anyway! That's nice of you to keep your friend company! Where have you booked your holiday?

Rosinante - You deserve to happy dance, great job you!!
Old 04-27-2016, 01:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Rie!

Good to see you and everyone else. Sounds like you have a lot of great things going on in your life. Right on!

I didn't even see your new challenge pop up. I hope you don't mind if I join the party a bit late. I feel like I'm living the movie 'Groundhog Day.' I'm pretty much at the same weight that I was when the last challenge ended.

Many thanks for starting and keeping us going with the challenges!
curvynotlumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:02 PM   #28  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riestrella View Post
Yes, we're moving to Decatur in Atlanta
Wait, What????
Old 04-27-2016, 10:06 PM   #29  
~Krystal~

I'll have to try to enter the numbers next week at work, but tbh I'm not expecting a loss because I am too busy packing, transplanting greenery, painting, etc to worry about eating atm. I used to be so disciplined and conditioned to eat the right things and in moderation. Now, I just could care less. I eat what I want, when I want without regard to calories. smh
Old 04-27-2016, 10:42 PM   #30  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

curvy - Welcome, welcome! Glad to see you .

k9Owner - Oops, Decatur in Georgia...near Atlanta . Let me know if you need any help figuring out your issues with the spreadsheet. I'm guessing you might have an old version of your browser. Try your best during this stressful time, I know I will!