Old 03-28-2016, 07:52 AM   #31  
lovemylife001

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7

Good Monday Morning Everyone

I had a great Easter weekend. No back on plan today and hopefully bumping up the exercise.

CurvyCurly to the thread and on your steps. You're on I don't think that I have ever had 20,000 steps. Keep up the great work.

bjm123 on your steps. I did manage to get my 10,000 yesterday, but barely. I was determined to just not sit all day with the family lol. The weather was beautiful and 67 degrees.

Have a great day everyone, I'll be back later with today's steps!
lovemylife001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:52 PM   #32  

Morning everyone! Hope you all had a good Easter/weekend.

Bjm – Yeh, the 5 minutes doesn’t sound right. I had to refresh myself on what active minutes are – I saw this online: “minutes are only awarded after 10 minutes of continuous moderate-to-intense activity”. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of minutes when you run!

Trina – You did great on your steps!

Tuscany – Yeh, we’ll all increase our steps as the temps increase!

GMNEVO – Did you find a dress you liked? Great job on the steps.

Wildfire - Are you able to get outside at lunchtime for a walk so you can get some steps in? I haven’t been reaching 10k step goal lately, but the way I usually hit my 10k goal is through my work commute – I walk from home to the train station, and when I get off the train, I walk to the office. (And the reverse back home.) When I get rides between home/train, it hurts my step count… Pretty soon I’ll switch to my bike, so we’ll see what that does to my steps. I wear my fitbit flex on my ankle (tucked inside an old wristband), so my movements should still register. On the weekends I don't get as many steps, but I do get some by walking the dog.

Curvycurly – Wow, great job on the hiking steps!! Welcome to the thread.

==
I don’t recall when I last posted steps, so here’s a catchup:
Fri 8,761 steps, 49 min.
Sat 7,907 steps, 27 min.
Sun 7,129 steps 22 min.

Not the best for steps…better "step it up"!!

Have a great Monday everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 01:38 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Hi peeps!!!

I wasn't able to log in for a few days busy weekend! Il post my stats for the weekend:

Friday
Steps-10246

Saturday
Steps-18134 -Shopping!

Sunday
Steps-My fitbit didn't sync! , Still it was ~5000

Wildlife-I work in my desk 9 hrs every day to be able to get at least 10K steps I park my car as far as possible and always take the longest possible route everywhere I go(meetings, getting water, going to the restroom). Also I try to get in two 15 min walks during the day. My goal is to hit at least 5K steps before I leave work at 6PM, then I can go to the gym and finish the rest.

Laura705- I found a dress I kind of liked, Im not in love with it but after walking every store in the mall and the outlets it was the least ugly one so I took it. -.- I need to stay on track so I can start loving how I look.

Have a great week everyone
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 06:09 PM   #34  
Susan

S/C/G: 200/170/130

Height: 5' 5"

Yesterday’s steps were only 8,021, although that’s not too bad for Easter Sunday. Most of my steps were taken while cooking the turkey and all of the trimmings…and I’m happy to say I behaved myself by not doing any tastings!

Lovemylife & Missy: Good steps for the holiday!

CurvyCurly: Welcome! I could do 20,299 steps, but if I ever even tried to climb 89 floors, I would not be alive to talk about it. Good for you!

Laura: I might try wearing my fitbit flex on my ankle to see if that solves my problem, which is that the flex doesn’t properly record my steps when I’m on my treadmill or my elliptical (because my arms aren’t swinging by my side). Thanks for the tip!

GMNEVO: Keep up those steps and you’ll be looking great in some fab new dresses before you know it! Happy to hear you found something you like in the meantime.
Tuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 11:33 PM   #35  
lovemylife001

Good Evening Everyone

I'm so glad to hear from everyone Let's make the rest of March steptacular lol. The weather today was not the greatest. It rained most of the morning, but I was determined to get my steps in lol. Hazel and I went for our walk during a break in the rain. Steps for today were 10,119.

Laura I don't get that many steps on the weekend either, I was just determined yesterday to it lol. I knew I was going to eat unhealthy food so that was my way of justifying it lol

GMNEVO I also sit at a desk all day, ugh. So rain or shine I make sure to walk the dog to get my steps in. on your steps on Saturday.

Tuscany Your steps on Easter were great. for not taste testing, I do that quit often and you can really rack up some calories that way lol

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow!
Old 03-29-2016, 01:12 AM   #36  

S/C/G: SW:245 CW:ticker GW:145

Height: 5'

Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! I look foward to getting to know you all. Today was a challenge for me because after work I just was not in the mood and it's very difficult for me to hit 10k without setting aside time to exercise or get a walk in. On the way home I was at about 6k and wanted nothing more than to go home and sit in the couch and relax BUT instead I ran inside to change and then went for a walk until I hit 10k. So I'm happy. I know I could've done better but after today in just glad i even made it out for a walk. Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow!

Steps: 10,577
Active minutes: 35

Last edited by Curvycurly; 03-29-2016 at 01:14 AM.
Curvycurly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #37  

Morning all. Steps yesterday were only 6,574. I got a ride to the train in the morning, and I didn't get out at all at lunchtime. And I think my battery was drained. Lately fitbit isn't sending me notifications about that, so I'm annoyed. I suppose I just need to get on a charging schedule and not rely on the notification email. Today I'm not getting any rides for my commute, and I'm going to get out at lunchtime, so I'm pretty sure I'll hit my 10k step goal.

Curvycurly - Good for you getting out for the walk to hit your 10k steps!

Trina - Woohoo for the 10k+ steps!

Tuscany - Let me know how wearing the flex on the ankle works for you on the treadmill/elliptical.

GMNEVO - I'm glad you found a dress. I don't like shopping at all. I hate when the fitbit won't sync and it's not because of the battery being low. I have a love hate relationship with my flex!

Hellos to the rest of you, and I hope you all have a great Tuesday!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:10 AM   #38  
Susan

Yesterday’s steps: 11,298. My Mom stayed with me for the Easter weekend. Yesterday I drove her home, but before doing so I ran some errands for her. The errands, plus my workout (treadmill/elliptical), plus cleaning the house (now that all my company is gone) all helped to increase my steps.

lovemylife: Good for you…getting your steps in despite the rain!

CurvyCurly: Kudos for taking a walk when you just felt like taking it easy! Like you, there’s no way I would hit 10k steps without taking a walk.

Laura: I tried wearing the fitbit on my ankle (I wrapped the bracelet around my ankle and used my sock to hold it in place)…but it didn’t seem to work. The only thing that works so far is to just hold on to the safety handrails with one hand and let the other (the one with the fitbit) swing at my side. I might try the fitbit on my ankle again using a different position, since I find holding onto the handrail with only one hand to be uncomfortable. Good luck with today’s steps!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:26 PM   #39  
lovemylife001

Good Late Evening Everyone

Hope that everyone is having a great week so far? Mines is going really good and fast The weather was sunny and in the 50's, so that was perfect. TOM showed up this morning so I'm not to thrilled about that, ugh lol. Steps for today were12,146

CurvyCurly for pushing through and making your steps. I have those days as well. Great job!

Laura Hope you were able to get your steps in

Tuscany on your step totals. I also have an elliptical machine. Actually I have two. I bought a cheaper one initially and didn't like it so I use it outside in my garage. When the weather's nice, I'll work out on it. The one that I have in my basement is really nice, like gym quality. I haven't used either one lately, I've been walking the dog but plan on adding more into my daily routine.

Have a great night everyone. I'll be back tomorrow!

Last edited by lovemylife001; 03-29-2016 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 01:20 AM   #40  

Hello everyone!!

Laura- thanks for the encouragement and I hope you were able to hit your goal today!

Lovemylife - GREAT JOB on those steps!!

Tuscany- thank you and yes it's so hard to hit 10k without actually trying to hit 10k. I'm glad you were able to use all those tasks to get your steps in!

I went for my usual walk after work today. I'm really starting to like walking. I feel like it helps to relax me and get my steps in of course.

Today's steps: 11,664
Active minutes: 61
Old 03-30-2016, 07:10 AM   #41  
Susan

Yesterday’s steps: 10,178. It was sunny outside yesterday, so I managed to go for a walk which helped. Shortly before bed, my steps were around 9,700…so I walked around the house a bit…gotta get those steps in!

lovemylife: Glad to see your weather improved. It’s always easier to get the steps in when it’s nice outside! I’m very fortunate to have a home gym with some excellent equipment. My son used to be a personal trainer for a national gym and I snagged some equipment through him.

CurvyCurly: I love going for outside walks. I made a playlist of all my favorite songs that have a “beat” equating to about 3 mph…so brisk walking. I stick my headphones on and walk to the beat!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:52 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 277/tckr/190

Height: 5'6

Hump Day!!!

Monday Stats:
11473 steps
62 active minutes

Tuesday Stats:
12541 steps Got 5K steps in 1 zumba/dance mania class it was epic!
73 active minutes

Seems like everyone is doing amazing in the stepping business most of you are >10K I need to keep up
GMNEVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:12 AM   #43  
lovemylife001

Good Morning Everyone

It's such a beautiful day today. I have tons of meetings today at work, ugh. lol

CurvyCurly Great job on your steps as usual

Tuscany I also have a home gym in my basement lol. I have 2 Ellipticals, 1 Skier, 100lb Standing punching bag, and a Total Gym It's just crazy but my son has always been into fitness and I have too. A lot of my family comes over and works out in my basement lol. It's nice to have all of the equipment but I enjoy the outdoors a lot better.

I also like to go for walks outdoors because it gives my dog the exercise that she needs. My last dog was diabetic and somewhat overweight, not letting that happen again. Besides I've been cooped up all winter, it's nice to get outside lol I actually have one of my elliptical in my garage so when it's nice I can work out outside. I'm an outdoors person lol

GMNEVO on your steps.

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by lovemylife001; 03-30-2016 at 10:24 AM.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #44  

Quick check in here.... I thought I lost my phone this morning so I was running around my apartment looking for it then out to the car then back to the apartment and so on.... Finally found it in my hall closest.. I think when I was grabbing a towel I must have put it on the shelf and closed the door well thanks to that I have 2k steps before work and 15 active minutes already haha more like 15 minutes of panic. Have a great day everyone!
Old 03-30-2016, 12:55 PM   #45  
MissyJ

S/C/G: 141/140.8/120

Height: 5' 4"

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

Monday Steps: 6475
Tuesday Steps: 15,202

Everyone is doing so great! On Monday I had one of those work days that consisted mostly of sitting at a desk. I walked home, so was able to rack up some steps, but not close to 10K. Yesterday I went outside for a short run. The weather was beautiful and I felt so happy.

Curvycurly: Ha! Way to go racking up steps already! Glad you were able to find your phone!

Good job everyone on your steps! Have a great Wednesday!

Last edited by bjm321; 03-30-2016 at 12:56 PM.
bjm321 is offline   Reply With Quote