Old 08-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #226  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Chicks It looks like the hot, humid temps outdoors are definitely decreasing our activity, definitely mine have been down
Monday +7,879 steps
Tuesday + 5,742
Wednesday + 6,565
The only thing I can try is to get outdoors before 11am before the high temps & humidity rise.

Hey April for your steps! I hope Charlie is having a nice week & Thanks for sharing his name for my daily prayers. When we see other friends going through medical problems it makes ours feel Small, empathy. I began LPN nursing school when I was 20 yrs old & during my 3rd month I had to be in a nursing home for a month & I became attached to a patient that was young in her 30's that had a stroke & paralyzed completely on one body side after a car accident. I always spent my breaks with her. One day when I went back, her room was empty, the RN told me that it appeared she died from a blood clot, aneurysm or a heart attack during the night. The nurses only took her vitals once daily in the morning because she was living there for her stroke & she was found dead at 7am. Her unexpected death shattered me & I emotionally took her death as losing a dear friend & I quit nursing school So I have genuine admiration for the medical community when they can leave their job with the patients at work, instead of as their friend. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

Hi Laura, Oh what a fun time I know you had playing putt-putt golf We know your steps are always probably about 2,000 more when you are biking to the train station so the next time that you walk to the train, remember to add those steps onto the days when you ride your bike

N.Annie & Trina, come back soon!
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:59 PM   #227  

Morning all (still morning, maybe not by the time I post!)

Steps this week:
Tuesday 6,071
Wednesday 5,600
Thursday 7,667

Dee - Don't be so quick to add my cycling steps! I got a ride to the train this morning, and another day earlier this week as well! Maybe one day I will figure out a way to wear my pedometer on my ankle and see what it comes up with for steps when I cycle to/from the station. == If I can plan on a shower after outside activities, I don't mind walking and other activities outdoors in the heat, but not on the way to work! Or on Sunday when I'm meeting friends for a walk before going to breakfast - I'll bring a fresh t-shirt and cleanup supplies with me for sure!

April - Hope you enjoyed the rest on Tuesday, or were you still stepping but didn't track with your fitbit?? I bet the salt's worked its way out of your body and the fluid retained by it as well!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:58 PM   #228  

Morning all.

My steps:

Friday 5,697
Saturday 2,612
Sunday 5,509

Nothing to brag about, that's for sure. I confess to feeling at loose ends when I spend a lot of time around the house. There's always plenty I could be doing (house and yard work never end!), but I'm still adjusting to being without our doggy. I've heard this advice more than once - "Walk your dog, even if you don't have one." So I might just do that. I guess now I'm free to choose my time, route and distance.

Hope you're all doing well and getting plenty of steps in your day.
Old 08-17-2016, 04:54 AM   #229  
Sandee

Good morning Chicks

We finally got the rain we seriously needed. We've had 2 nice showers since Sunday so we haven't had to water our garden.
My steps this week were:
Saturday = 6,228
Sunday = 8,649
Monday = 7,128
Tuesday = 7,370

Laura... Hi maybe your BF would enjoy taking a after dinner stroll with you occasionally after dinner. As the weeks pass your melancholy about Coal will become easier.

April... I hope that your family is doing okay & that you can post again soon

N.Annie & Trina
Old 08-17-2016, 01:22 PM   #230  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Guys!

It's been raining a lot, which we needed, but it has triggered my "lazy, go to ground" nature. I've only been putting on my fitbit just before heading out to work.

Laura: have you considered adopting another dog? I know years ago, when our chocolate lab died suddenly, we grieved him but missed his lab personality so much that a month later we found another one. I don't know what we would've done if phoenix had been our only dog. It was a comfort to have zip and dodge, especially under the circumstances we found ourselves thrust into. Having dogs forces you to get up and out even if you don't feel like it!

Dee: I hope you are doing well and the rain is helping alleviate your allergies!

Hi NannaAnnie and Trina...
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:44 PM   #231  

Afternoon all.

Dee - We've had rain too, so it's nice to not have to worry about watering the veg garden. Bf doesn't like walking for exercise - more into cycling...but he liked walking Coal and seeing other dogs.

April - Yes, we'll consider adopting another dog sometime in the future, but it won't be anytime soon. We're thinking we'll do some volunteer work for a rescue organization. I agree - dogs need their walks every day and that certainly got us up and out the door even when we didn't want to.

My steps:

Monday 7,664
Tuesday 9,590

Hello to NannaAnnie!
Old 08-18-2016, 04:25 PM   #232  

Quick pop in to say hi. Steps yesterday were 5,138.
Old 08-21-2016, 02:59 AM   #233  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies...

Steps 11 something yesterday and 16 something today. Thursday it was on the charger all day. I think Wednesday was in the 7s somewhere. I hope you are all well!

April
Old 08-22-2016, 04:23 AM   #234  
Sandee

Good morning girls, it began raining Friday & it continued thru Sunday night with several light showers. Rain is just wonderful for napping, watching TV & snacking

My steps since my last visit:
Wednesday: 6,704
Thursday: 7,174
Friday: 5,830
Saturday: 6,042
Sunday: 7,467

Laura, April & NanaAnnie, Have a wonderful week

Hi Trina post soon! We miss you...
Old 08-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #235  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Ladies!

Friday: 7,379. Saturday: 16,471 Sunday:13,453 Monday: 13,306

I've started logging on "Lose It!". It syncs with your fitbit and helps you determine how many calories you can eat daily and stay within your allotted budget. It's pretty neat. I gives you a "fitbit" bonus if you burn a certain number of "fitbit calories". My daily budget is 1,394 calories (the app figures that out for you based on height, weight, age, etc.). So, for instance, Saturday I did great on steps and earned a bonus of 540 calories. In other words, I could have had 1,934 calories and still been on track to lose 1.5 pounds per week. It's pretty nifty.

I hope you are all doing very well. Finally a break in the heat. Thank you LORD!
Old 08-25-2016, 02:36 PM   #236  

Hello all. Hope you're all doing well.

Steps:
Thurs 7,081
Fri 6,397
Sat 4,107
Sun 3,189
Mon 5,528
Tues 5,722
Wednesday 6,509

Been a busy week. I'm on a regular M-F workweek, so it's getting closer to my weekend.

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of the day.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:28 AM   #237  
Sandee

Good morning chicks

Laura.. Great job with your steps with our crazy weather & rain popping in.

April.. Thanks for the info about Lose It, so nice to have things that can help us

My Steps:
Monday ~ 8,710
Tuesday ~ 6,979
Wednesday ~ 6,318
Thursday ~ 8,610

Wishing everyone who is reading this thread a Very HAPPY & Safe day & weekend pLease leave a note here on how you are feeling right now. We'll be so Happy hearing from you, that you care about getting yourself healthier We're doing this better body adventure together
Old 08-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #238  

Afternoon all.

Step summary:

Thursday – 6,483
Friday - 7,390
Saturday – 5,380
Sunday – 3,054
Monday – 4,741

Dee - Nice job on the steps!
April - How's the Losing App going?

I know it's way too early, but I'm looking forward to the long holiday weekend.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:32 AM   #239  
Sandee

Happy September Everyone

My recent steps:
Thursday = 8,389
Friday = 7,784
Saturday = 10,330
Sunday = 11,241
Monday = 9,033

The hot temps are gone now, so I hope everyone can enjoy walking outdoors again
Old 09-06-2016, 10:14 AM   #240  

Dee - Great job on the steps this past week! Did you get them doing anything fun? We're having a few days of hot & humid weather here, so maybe not a great time to walk for fitness...but cooler temps by the weekend. I hope you had a wonderful holiday weekend.

My steps:
Tuesday 6,288
Wednesday 6,264
Thursday 8,281
Friday 7,167
Saturday 6,212
Sunday 4,443
Monday 4,277

Have a good week everyone.