Old 02-08-2016, 07:08 PM   #331  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue...I said I had a migraine from H*ll, guess they didn't appreciate it. How about He-double-toothpicks?
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:05 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all, I am so rubbish at checking in, the weeks are flying by and it's just crazy generally. Had a quick read through previous posts, took me a while to find where to post my weight now (should have only gone back one page rather than 10 to try and find out haha) people are strange!
Nice to see so many people on track and enthusiastic happy february days guys!

Also do you guys celebrate Shrove Tuesday (PANCAKE DAY!!!) because today I will be off plan with my pancakes and will enjoy them immensly!

Have fun ladies
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:18 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 337.6/see ticker/190

Height: 5' 7"

Hi everyone! Sorry for being MIA. I moved in with my fiance last week and was so busy that I didn't even open my laptop. Hope everyone is doing well. Riestrella, I am sorry that the prankster was still able to mess with the spreadsheet, but I'm glad you didn't give up!

Sw-263
1/9-266
1/16-265
1/23-263.8
1/30-263.8
2/6-264.0
2/13-
2/20-
2/27-
3/5-
3/12-
Gw-249
Mara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 11:25 AM   #334  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Munchey Thank you! I forgot that I do get a little SAD during those months. For me it happens when the time changes and the days get darker earlier. I am going to make a note of that and try to remember this about myself next year.

Riestrella I want to thank you for this thread. It was just what I needed to get back on track. I hope you, too, have a great February!

Koshinogi Yes, my family celebrates Shrove Tuesday or "Fat Tuesday" as we like to call it and we will be going out to eat pancakes and waffles this evening. Tomorrow is a day of fasting and abstinence. Today is fun, tomorrow is hard, but I love it. I am very motivated right now. I am reporting my weight today because I don't know what this eating and fasting will do for me. I hope you have a wonderful "Pancake Day" !!

Have a great day everyone!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #335  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone!

Yesterday was "errand day". My BF and I have our weekend on Sunday and Monday and Monday always ends up the day we do all the errands we need to get done. We also treated ourselves to a Snarf's sandwich, a local chain that makes delicious sandwiches. I got a 7 inch meatball sub with no cheese...so delicious. We didn't get a sugary drink and I stuck to water which I was happy about. I also declined dinner for the evening, which I'm glad I did because it was a double burger and fries! I started out well by eating baby carrots and hummus but ended up nibbling on a couple of spare fries and helped the BF finish a cheesecake. Didn't need it, wasn't that hungry, just being stupid. This is why I'm fat, people!

Despite the hiccup at the end of the day I'm down from 166 lbs to 165.2 lbs this morning, so I'm happy about that!

We watched The Tale of Princess Kaguya, a beautiful Ghibli film that I'd highly recommend to anyone who has the patience to watch animation that isn't specifically for children. Don't get me wrong, I love a good kids film, but Kaguya very much felt like a film for adults. The animation is truly breathtaking too.
I also got back to my Japanese study for the first time in a while. I left Japan feeling embarrassed that I didn't learn the language, so I'm determined to remedy that so when I return I can speak the lingo. The BF is conversationally fluent so he's been helping me, it's nice having someone around to help! It's also part of my plan to try and practice a hobby at least once a day to make me a better person. I don't want to be a person who just works and watches TV.

I have a deadline for Friday afternoon, I'm confident that if I put the hours in I'll be absolutely fine. I'm hoping I can get the project finished way before Friday so I can take the time to focus on myself. Is anyone a Sailor Moon fan? I just got this t-shirt to workout in, I love that it's nerdy but could still just be another t-shirt design! The website has loads of other cool t-shirts too. I'm waiting to see if their x-large will fit me, I'm hoping it does! If not, free returns, woohoo!

Feel free to disregard the following lists, I'm posting this for my own benefit more than anything!

Good habits practiced yesterday:
  • Drank all the water I needed to
  • Refrained from getting soda/extras with sandwich
  • Declined dinner to keep in calorie range
  • Practiced mindful eating - ate slowly, paused between bites

Bad habits performed yesterday:
  • Went over calorie limit when I didn't need to by...
  • Eating fries
  • Helping BF finish cheesecake

Things I need to work on:
  • Keeping within calorie limit - need to resist temptation foods!
  • Thinking before I eat: "Am I really hungry or just craving?", "Do I NEED to eat this?", "Will this make me healthy?"
  • Continuing to drink lots of water
  • Continuing to practice eating slowly and listening to my body

----------------------------

Bobbo - 3FC have an automatic curse word censor, which personally I don't think is necessary since we're all adults here but hey ho! Still, I wouldn't consider He-double toothpicks to be a curse word! Glad you find the challenge motivating, I'm happy that these challenges help so many people.

wannabehealthy - Aah, I see! Nothing worse than needing the toilet out and about and there's no where in sight!

Koshinogi - Sorry for the confusion - just so you know whenever I change the rules I always update the first post of the thread. Pancake daaay! My mum would make the best pancakes, she'd just churn them out like a factory and since she doesn't like them she'd happily make them until we were all stuffed. Makes me a little home sick!

Mara - Congrats on moving in with your fiance!

magistra - You're very welcome! Enjoy "fat Tuesday"!!

Last edited by Riestrella; 02-09-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #336  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Today has always been Shrove Tuesday for me. I only heard about the pancakes several years ago and try to remember to have some. DH never heard of it and thinks I'm nuts. I made a pot of vegetable soup for this cold snowy day, but I will try to remember to make myself one pancake later on so I can say I had it. LOL Really, I would like to have a big stack, with lots of butter between them and syrup running down over them. Yum!

Bobbi, I was thinking your migraine was from some type of food and was wondering what they would censor. LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 02-09-2016 at 02:06 PM.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 03:20 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Saw a news bite today that says there is a new trend in calorie counting, at least when it comes to labeling. Instead of indicating the actual calories, they place the amount of physical activity it will take to burn the calories.

Interesting twist. Do you think it might have more influence than the calorie count?

I've gotten in 4 miles so far and I'm hoping for another mile before the end of the day. I've been on my feet for most of the day. I'm afraid that once I sit down and get too comfortable, I won't be able to get up. I'm expecting a Netflix DVD in the mail today for "The Martian". I never got around to seeing it at the show, so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I'm focusing on counting calories this week. I've been lax and have acknowledged that I have to do it, but I hate it. If nothing else, I realize that at the very least, I need a reality check every couple of weeks. I'm eating basically the same food, but it can be a slippery slope in regard to portion control. Sometime, I look at the calorie count and mutter to myself, "no way, I've already eaten that many calories" It is too easy to think you are eating less.

RIE:
Good luck with your deadline - I know you will make it. It always feels good to get something done ahead of the deadline. Cute tee shirt.

Your lists are great I've found it beneficial to do something similar once a week.

MinervaMoo:
I've had a problem with digital scales, in that they go goofy after awhile. I have to warm up the scale, so to speak, lol. I have to tap it with one foot and let the scale register a reading. My current scale will usually register an initial reading of between six to 6.6 pounds. I, then walk away from the scale for a minute or two to let the reading disappear. Then I tap it again to make sure I get a zero reading. After that, I generally get a somewhat reliable reading.

It may sound odd, but this is the second digital scale I've has the same issue with. I've put in new batteries, but to no avail. I threw away my first scale I had the problem with, but I'm just going to live with my current one.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 02-10-2016 at 05:14 PM.
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 03:08 AM   #338  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Munchey, I like the idea of products showing how much exercise they'd take to burn up, I think that would be really motivational!
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 04:13 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 323/342/200

Height: 5'6''

munchey I do something similar with my scale, and usually it works, except that Sunday I guess. Maybe I try doing it the way you described this week. Thanks for the input!
MinervaMoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 05:20 PM   #340  

I watched an episode of "The Doctors" on TV and they had a segment on an app that measures bra size. Since there has been a discussion on finding the right bra size, thought I'd mention it.

The app is called ThirdLove. It is supposed to work on both an Iphone and Ipad. It sizes you up by photos that you take (with a tight tee shirt on, I believe). It might be promoting a particular brand bra, but the size is likely the size for most brands of bras.

On the show, they had 4 women. They were measured manually by a wardrobe person (with a tape measure), then by the photo method with the app. In their examples, all 4 women had the same measurement by both methods.

The app is free, might be fun to give it a try if you have an Iphone or Ipad.

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 02-11-2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:07 AM   #341  
Happy Plodder

I'm feeling a lot smugger, and in control this week. I refocused on eating strictly, instead of having "just" a bit extra, and I've lost 4.2lbs, which I'm particularly pleased about at this stage of my weightloss.

Felt brave enough to sign up for a belly-dancing class yesterday, and boy, my core muscles knew about it! Has to be good.

Good luck, everyone
Old 02-12-2016, 10:15 AM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
I'm feeling a lot smugger, and in control this week. I refocused on eating strictly, instead of having "just" a bit extra, and I've lost 4.2lbs, which I'm particularly pleased about at this stage of my weightloss.

Felt brave enough to sign up for a belly-dancing class yesterday, and boy, my core muscles knew about it! Has to be good.

Good luck, everyone

Congrats on the 4.2 lb loss!

You go girl! Do you have the finger symbols to use during the dancing? I took a belly dancing class several years ago, it can be fun and good exercise for the midsection.
Munchey
Old 02-12-2016, 11:05 AM   #343  
Happy Plodder

Munchey ~ No, they didn't mention cymbals! and boy, I wish I looked anything like the dancing girl in your post! The teacher twice asked me to feel her hips because I couldn't get the hang of the backwards figure of eight thingy - but even then, I couldn't translate it into making my btm move that way! I'll persevere though
Old 02-12-2016, 11:30 AM   #344  
I've left 3FC! Check sig

S/C/G: 195/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Got my project all finished for the meeting today, hope the director likes what I've done! I think that it'll be all systems go for the next month or two to get the film edited together. Until our meeting at 2:30pm I can chill! Woohoo! Guilt free chill out time.

163.6 lbs again this morning, I think I've finally worked off some bloat from my period. It was unusually heavy this month for whatever reason. My average weight this week is 164 lbs so that's what I'm putting in the spreadsheet. I think it's better for my mentality to go a little higher that my lightest weight. Fingers crossed I can stick with 163 lbs for the rest of the week and get that average down though!

Last night I got the most unusual wave of nausea. I made chicken wings for dinner and when I was eating them I thought "oh no, are these cooked?" I just ate them anyway and every else did, but I think my brain just triggered a food poisoning warning and I felt really sick. I went out with the BF to pick up a prescription to keep my mind off it and it worked, by the time we were driving home it had gone. I really do think it was just my brain playing tricks on me, because everyone else was fine. I used to feel faint on the trains in Japan after having a couple of bad experiences fainting on the poorly ventilated subway trains. If I was ever stood up I was always worried about fainting, which made me feel faint! My brain is so effed up.

The weather is warming up which is nice to feel! Even just seeing the blue skies from inside and knowing it's warmer cheers me up.

---------------------

wannabe - Pancakes in the UK are really different, they're more like crepes. Very thin! Pancakes here are so thick and fluffy, both are great for different reasons. Did you have your singular pancake?!

munchey - Calories burned are so complicated, no one is the same - it all depends on age, gender, weight, height, heart rate...so no, I don't think calories to burn on packaging would be a good idea. The calories in the food will always be a constant. Did you like The Martian? I loved it! The t-shirt came and it was too big for me, woohoo! Annoying to have to exchange it but still nice to know I'm a L and not an XL. I don't have an Apple product, I'm a huge skeptic since my bra size has to be precise! I'd be curious to try it.

Rosinante - Congrats on such a huge loss! And well done for belly dancing, I bet it's a great workout! I'd like to try something like that too, I go to a dance class and Zumba so it would be something new to try.
Riestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #345  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Riestrella, Weight for Week 6, 162. Thanks.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote