Old 01-29-2016, 05:01 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

K9, we all have those day! Grrr, start out so promising....and then spiral out of control. Good news is, you are right, just start over today,

Bummer about the job. Something better is coming though. Keep the faith!

PS...OMG I love carrot cake!!

Missing the rest of you ladies!

W 100
E Probably not much today. As close to 10k as I can get.
E OP experimenting with a chocolate PB smoothie
D TGIF
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 07:55 AM   #77  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

MM- No need to miss me anymore. I'm here. So as you can imagine life has been crazy with moving into the new abode.We got the house pretty much emptied out over the weekend. We did go back during the week a few times to clean up the rest. My daughter is moving her stuff around and settling in on her own there. This weekend we need to start on the garage. There is a ton of crap in there and we need to clean out new garage to make room.

As for the new house....unpacking and finding where things fit has been a challenge. We are getting there...slowly, but surely. We have stowed a bunch of stuff in the basement (which needs to be painted and organized). So much work to move. I am not doing it again for a long, long time.

Great news is, even though I haven't seen the gym in about 2 weeks, I have lost some weight. 2 mornings this week I was back in the 170"s.

K9- Sounds like you are on track. Keep it going.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2016, 08:51 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Good morning all! I missed yesterday....work and home is crazy but good. I'll catch up properly tomorrow.

Mom/stepdad found much better rehab for bro (original one looked pretty but staff were a hot mess and lazy). He had his first food in 8 weeks this morning....less than 24 hours after arriving. He will probably be home in time for my visit next month!! Also, I'm down 4.4 lbs for the month, just shy of my 5 lb goal. My student teacher starts today, and I'm making homemade pizza tonight. I think that's it for now Psyched for the weekend.

W - 2000 mL
E - 7000 steps (I did it yesterday, so no excuses), wood, etc.
E - 250-500 calorie deficit, boiled eggs and ham, small chili/spaghetti, homemade mariachi chicken pizza, and maybe a margarita
D - talk to bro on phone tonight, straighten up kitchen, etc.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 11:09 AM   #79  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Mindy: My DH runs a moving company, the struggle IS real!! I would love to move. We have been in our current home for 13 yrs and have seriously outgrown it. Just the thought of moving all of this stuff is overwhelming. Best of luck to you as you settle in.
PQ: Great job on the 4.4lb loss! You are not far from goal, so every ounce you can lose will probably be a challenge. for you!!

Hi Mavis. Hope you're having a terrific weekend. You know, we have ALOT in common!

Me…..you all seriously don't want to hear of all the terrible choices I've made. I've been debating--should I just confess it and get it out of the way or skim over it and say "Use your imagination"? Even if I don't type it, it's still REAL!

To effectively change an unwanted behavior, you must first ADMIT there is an unwanted behavior present.
I have a behavior pattern that I do not like. Some days, I eat until I cannot eat any more or until everything is gone, even if I am stuffed. Sometimes, I will buy food that I know will hinder my success and even cause me to have setbacks. For the past 3 days, I have chosen to repeat this behavior.
Topping the list of poor choices were:
* Chinese food
* Cake
* Processed Sugar
* Pizza
* Increased Sodium
* Increased Saturated Fat
* Decreased Water Intake
* Increased Empty Calories
* Eating out of boredom
* Eating when I was full

The list could go on…..
More than ever, I need a support system in place.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 12:21 PM   #80  

K9, we do have a lot in common. I am guilty of exactly the same. I managed to pass on one of my triggers yesterday at the store. A bag of granola, fruit and nut, love love the stuff (and it was on sale) but it feeds the carb monster and sends me into a tail spin. Right now, I am making a cake for DH and FIL. Managed to not lick the spoon for the cake, have to do the same with the frosting. I actually saw a suggestion on another thread...when you are grocery shopping every time you pass on something that is not in your best interest food wise (whatever, granola, sugar soda etc) put the price into your calculator and set the money aside for something you want. I'm going to add mine to my 52 week challenge money and then I'll use both for my Disney marathon next year. You can do this. Plan, stick with the plan.

Mindy, Can't wait to see more pics, house looks beautiful!! Yay for the 170's!!!!

PQ, sounds like all is well? Great job on being so close to your goal!!

Kris and Jeni, hope all is well!

W 100
E Ran this morning, crunches are needed
E POP
D Keep at it!
Old 01-31-2016, 12:45 PM   #81  
mtiger

Wink

I was down almost 3 pounds at WW yesterday. That is for 2 weeks but I will take it. I hope it keeps coming off. I am loving the 170"s....again. Shopping for the house at Menards (hungry) Bought pretzel chips (not too bad) and a box of Mike and Ikes (YIKES). Everything else has been pretty good. We have eaten out a lot with the move. Need to get back to home cooked meals.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:58 PM   #82  
~Krystal~

Much better Monday for me. My scales are still up, but it'll be okay.

W: 1 gal
E: Zumba + 14K steps
E: Eh, it could use some work. off plan
D: I have nothing left for this day. I really didn't have much to start with, but the week looks brighter toward the middle!
Old 02-02-2016, 08:36 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Morning all! All is good on the Prairie

I actually made my 5-lb goal on Saturday, but it was back down to only a 4.6 loss on Sunday.....carbs and pickles Saturday. Anyway, I'm not changing my profile numbers....I'm keeping the 5.0!

W - 2000 mL
E - walking after work today, washing car as well
E - even calories, going out
D - clean utility room floor, yuk!
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:02 AM   #84  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone.

Time gets away from me. I haven't checked in for a while, but I am still doing ok watching my food intake.

My manager who was giving me light duty was fired on Thursday, so now I am off work until my ankle is better. I get results from my nerve conduction test tomorrow. I am really hoping for good news. I am doing better since I stopped physical therapy. So I am thinking I am going to get on my treadmill and slowly walk for a while. I need to get my feet and ankle ready for 12 hour shifts again. (I HOPE!)

The kids are finally starting to get better, but I am not. They decided it would be awesome to give me their cold. So it works out for me that I won't be going in to work this week. I do feel bad for the plant engineer, I was working on an important project for him. He was gone when I was sent home, so I couldn't turn in what I had done. Too bad.

Time to get to my smoothie:
1 gala apple
1 avocado
frozen mixed fruit
cinnamon
vanilla powder
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 05:55 AM   #85  

Morning all! Life is crazy right now. Quick fly by to say hello!

W 100
E 7 minute app, crunches, stretching
E op
D just keep moving
Old 02-04-2016, 09:38 AM   #86  
~Krystal~

Super quick post this a.m.

This week has been better. My sis and I went to Zumba Monday night and had just a terrific time!! Tues and Wed, I worked--now, I'm ZONKED

Wednesday's
W: 1 gal
E: yeah right--I've been working since Tues.
E: OP and <2000 cals/day
D: Zumba tonight
p.s. I'm OFF for 4 nights!! I can hardly contain myself!!

Last edited by K9Owner; 02-04-2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:34 PM   #87  
mtiger

Wink

The weekend is here..yay!! We have had one grandson staying with us since Wed. I forget what having a two-year old is like. We have been making slow progress on the old garage. Still a lot there. We hope to get a bunch moved this weekend.

Scale got down as low as 178 last week. Back up to 180 today. Darn it all. I think I eat too much during the day at school. Must cut that out.

Have a great weekend ladies. I will try to check in at some point.
Old 02-13-2016, 11:07 AM   #88  

Sorry for the long break. Life has been crazy. It doesn't look to get much better for a while. Real estate market is great but I'm getting ready to change brokerages, so I'm trying to finish a couple sales to make a clean break.

Funny how the break from here seems to coincide with poor choices. Anyway I'm here!

W 100
E almost to 10k and its 11 am, maybe 20k
E op
D I'm worth it
Old 02-13-2016, 12:39 PM   #89  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Hey Chicks!

I'm TERRIBLY embarrassed for not being here. Life has been nuts. I am currently sitting here with a kleenex stuffed in one nostril and coughing like Doc Holiday. Best 4 day weekend ever. Hopefully I can shake this crud and get outside in our 85 DEGREE weather. El Nino has brought much warmth. Not much rain.

Budget time at work. Planning Luau for June for Humane Society fundraiser. Kids are hot and cold with grades at school. Been to two concerts (Styx and Heart). New Boss. New hairstylist (after 12 years) and I'm pooped. I have to regroup and get control because it will continue to be crazy and I keep pushing me outta the way to get other things done.

Wanted to check in. Will be back in a bit after I catch up on the thread.

WEED for this weekend:
W-64oz (start somewhere, right?)
E- A walk with dogs before Monday. Two would be better
E- Log it even if its atrocious
D- Quit tripping forward. Stand still. Gain your footing. Move forward with planned steps.

Missed you all tons!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 PM   #90  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Marathon Catch Up Post - Beware

So let me just reiterate after being gone too long, that I MISSED YOU GIRLS LIKE CRAZY! After reading the thread from when I was here last, I really, really missed you gals. I’m ready to shed the crusty layer of inactivity and get back to moving and getting here. So glad you are all still here!

Mtiggie – So glad to hear you are settling in! I totally get the eating out too much with the move taking all energy. How is that grandbaby? How long is he staying? How is your daughter doing at the old house? You KNOW you will settle into those 170’s permanently once you get your gym groove back. I would even bet that the stress that moving brought is not helping, BUT the security and peace of knowing you are where you are supposed to be will bring a weight losing mental release you have needed for a long time. Wish I lived closer. I’d come help you paint!

Mavie – How is the hubby doing after the doctor’s “come to Jesus” meeting last month? I see you and your Fitbit have forged a great relationship. I will send you my fitbit name. I didn’t forget! BTW, my sleep patterns suck too. Apparently I am the queen of restless sleep. Reading your D-land adventure runs (past and future) with your YS has me reenergized about the Tink. It is on sister! How is FIL? Are you gonna get that bike trip in? Did you finish your CE’s and make that clean break?

JCat- Holy Cow Sister! How sad that your manager was let go. I realize I am just catching up after a month of being MIA, but HOLY COW! So does this mean no hope for a new dreamy position? Hope you and the kiddos are all finally well at the same time. How is the walking going? I am seriously considering repurchasing a tread mill, but the weather has been so fricking fantastic here that I really just need to step outside and keep stepping. How is the weight loss going?

PQ- How is your brother doing? I have an employee in rehab right now and another that just came out. I’ll say prayers. I’m sure he’s a fighter. Is your trip planned to he him? How’s your momma? I know you were going to being seeing her in mid February, right? BTW, nice job on the 5lb loss. You have been diligent with your WEED sister. Good work! What’s an Instant Pot?

K9 – WELCOME! I know I am late in getting to say that, but so happy to have you join this super group of ladies. I jumped on your blog, too. I agree with Mavie – I dig the meal planning post. I am an AVID dog lover and your babies are adorable! I sit on the board for Ramona Humane Society and love to give my time to saving our fur kids. I have a American Staffordshire Terrior/Mastiff/Vizsla mix (Rawly) and a Lab/Border Collie mix (Derby). They are my loves! In other news, your admission list from 1/31 I did at dinner alone last night, and then went to Del Taco for more. I get it. We need to get over it! What did you do with your four nights off???? I totally can’t do the lay in bed all day thing (you mentioned in a first post), but I am totally jealous of those who can give themselves that time to relax. Mavie is gonna make me a runner. Maybe you can make me a relaxer.

Ladies – you are all a blessing! Be good to yourselves. Your weeks of words have inspired me. Know that! Back VERY soon. Thanks for being here.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote