Old 11-27-2015, 08:26 AM   #31  
Slender Nerdess Inside...

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/140

Height: 5'0"

I'm in! This seems like an awesome idea! I'm so glad I found this thread.

W - 80oz each day
E - Walk at least 3 miles every day
E - Low carb (under 50g), high protein, high veggie, NO processed foods
D - "I wear black when I exercise because it's a funeral for my FAT!"
tehshort1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #32  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Welcome tehshort! So glad to have you! Love your D! Here's to a successful adventure! Tell us about you! Job, life, goals, hobbies. We'd love to get to know ya!

Well, I have been going bat poop crazy sitting in my house with a sick husband, so I decided to traverse into the world of black friday. 4 hours was all I could take. Now I'm home. Got a few gifts, found a ton of stuff I want, and talked myself out of buying a boatload of clothes because I don't wanna by more fat clothes. I am burnt out on thinking about being thin. I need to get moving.

Mavie - How did the home inspections and Wednesday's baking go? Thanksgiving good? I thought about you as I saw a Thanksgiving run group headed down the road. I really want to start the c25k. I need to sort out how my day is supposed to fit 10 hours of work and have enough sun left to walk/jog alone. I found a 30 days of yoga youtube sequence. Will start that tomorrow. I promise. Your knee holding up?

Mindy - How was your turkey day? You are so right that when it's busy, its crazy busy. Did you find your new castle? How are the things going post progesterone? Super proud of you for being a consistent gym rat!

Carma, Jen, hope you are both doing well and had a great holiday!

Off to do some goal setting. Feeling the need to regroup.

Weedend WEED:
W: 64oz Saturday - Start Jillian Detox
E: Day 1 of 30 - yoga
E: Log it- 1800 cals or less
D: Three months from now, you will thank yourself.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Welcome short1! Have to agree with Kris, love that D! Hope to hear lots more about you and your journey!

Kris, thanksgiving was nice, super to have at least one of my boys, the older one is a GM at a resort, so needless to say, he doesn't get home on holidays! I was so sick for that 5k, was going to skip it, but I decided to walk it and then decided to jog so I could get to the finish and be done! Lol. One word for finding time to run, treadmill. Only way I can do it, I live in the boondocks, no streetlights or sidewalk and it's always dark when I get home this time of year. Not my favorite way to run, but some days it's the only option. Knee sucks, but I'm working on building speed with shorter distances. I'm deferring my marathon to next year to get another 25 pounds off to help my knees.

Mindy, hope your offer was accepted! I've got to follow your lead and get back to the gym.

W 100
E running crunches and kettlebells
E pop
D keep the faith, have to take my son back to the airport, always makes me sad. Pray for Gramp, he's had a rough couple of days.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:42 PM   #34  
The Sky is the Limit!

Evening girls.

Mavie - I didn't get see my baby for Thanksgiving either. Glad you had one home. Nic (my son) works in the ER at a hospital in Long Beach. He wont be around for Christmas or New Years either. Miss that kid tons. So are you skipping the Tink? I will be ready for 2017. I promise. A friend of mine just ran a 3 day at Disneyland. 5k 1st day. 10k the next. 1/2 marathon the 3rd day. She is my size so I know it can be done. I should probably try to reconnect to get a partner to get me moving out here. Unfortunately, she just moved about 20 minutes away. I had a treadmill. Sold it when we moved in here. Wish I had it now.

I've been in a funk. Had 2nd thanksgiving with DH's family this time. Glad the food festivals are over and that I have one day to pull my head out before I have to be back at work. Bills are stressing me out. Weight is stressing me out. House stuff that needs to be done is stressing me out. I pretty much just want to sleep, hoping to feel new life the next day. I gotta quit waiting for my energy to return, and just get to it.

Today's WEED report:
W- 45oz - better than nothing
E- running around cleaning - nothing deliberate
E- yah, don't ask - not tracked and not happy
D- act, quit planning

Hope you ladies are staying warm! Check in tomorrow with a weigh in and turkey check.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #35  

Kris, do you have a bulletin board at work? One of those local Facebook garage sale pages? Put up a note that you are in search of a treadmill or elliptical cheap. Lots of peeps got em and never use it and would be happy to sell it or give it awAy so it's out of their way. I mentioned I wanted one at work, someone had a friend that sold me mine for $50 or so. As for the rest, skip more NS meals, finish them if you have them for convenience, but save the money and put it toward a bill. Make yourself a plan that uses real food you can feed Jeff too. Oatmeal, Greek yogurt or smoothie for breakfast. I do smoothie because it's portable and I don't want to get up 10 minutes earlier to eat, dinner leftovers for lunch and make a real dinner, crock pot, grill or whatever. If you don't have to worry about dinner on your way home, you are way less likely to stop and pick something up (that will have too many calories and cost too much anyway) if you make extra you can eat if for lunch or eat leftovers the next night. You've got this, you need to take care of you. I remember you saying hubs was worried too. Do it for you, I really wish we lived in the same town!!!!

Last edited by mothermavis; 11-29-2015 at 08:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 08:40 AM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
Welcome tehshort! So glad to have you! Love your D! Here's to a successful adventure! Tell us about you! Job, life, goals, hobbies. We'd love to get to know ya!
Hey! So I work at a call center. I am literally attached to a headset which allows me about 3 feet of movement in my cubicle bleh! In life I have 2 beautiful boys (a 4 month old and toddler) and I'm working toward being able to run around with them and play rough and chase them around the yard and stuff without getting winded and feeling like a blob. lol. I want to be a positive influence for the boys, show them how to live healthy lives. PLay sports, go hiking and camping, walk Disney World lol My #1 hobby is CROCHET! I love love love to crochet. Hats, blankets, toys, you name it. lol.

Last edited by tehshort1; 11-29-2015 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:00 AM   #37  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Thanksgiving went well. Hosted at my house. Both my kids and my mom and dad were here. My sister went to Costa Rica (long story), so my niece came over too. I ate a small plate and had a scoop of dessert. No gain at WW, stayed the same. We are off to the gym in a bit, after breakfast. We need to walk/run longer since we have a race coming up Dec. 12. Running ...in the cold. What was I thinking???

The BIG news is looks like we are buying a house. Got to a price we both agreed on and the offer is official. Now to get the financing stuff in order and ready for closing. I am super excited but also scared, nervous, mixed emotions about leaving my house etc......We found a leak in the basement and seller is not moving a pile of junk out back. SInce he went down in price he wants to put no more $$$ into it. Looks like we inherit these issues.

Anyway, wish us luck. Keep up the work ladies. Eat healthy and move.

And by the way GO GREEN!!! Big Ten Championship on the way.

Last edited by mtiger; 11-29-2015 at 09:02 AM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:26 PM   #38  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mindy! So excited for your new digs! I'm sure the give and take on the house will work itself out. Wendy might have some tips on getting a little more handled through the inspection. What a wonderful Christmas gift! Glad Thanksgiving went well. Curious about the Costa Rica story but no pressure!
Hope your gym trip was a success and look forward to hearing about your Dec 12 run!

Mavie - thanks sister. I spent the day getting my planner together. I will check into the treadmill suggestion. I know its time to lift my spirits and get my body and brain in motion again. Funny you mentioned eating "real" food. With Christmas here, we are really watching our $ and the fricken house is full of food. It's taking the time (which really isn't a big deal) to cook it. I have been getting all of my check ups done. I swear I have a DR appt every 2 weeks. Hubs needs to refocus on his health now. We both wanna get out and do stuff, but we never seem to land on motivation the same day. Never giving up though.

short1 - i love to crochet. Never do it though. I have a relaxing vacation every October where I take Call center life, huh. Been there. You are lucky the little ones keep you moving in the "non-work" hours. Good on ya for getting healthy ahead of both of them running around!

Ladies - I'm pooped. DH just left to drop kids at their moms. I am gonna sneak in an easy (and inaugural) yoga session, then hit the jaccuzzi before settling in early.

Be good to yourselves!

WEED for the week:
W-64 oz - Jillian Detox restart
E- yoga daily (doing a 30 day challenge) and hopefully a walk or two
E- cook it, eat it, log it
D- Action cures Fear (an oldie but a goody)
Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #39  
The Sky is the Limit!

What's up Turkeys?

I just completed my yoga FOR THE SECOND FREAKIN NIGHT IN A ROW! Thought I would check in while i was still excited about that!

Water today - 8oz (really, Kris? you really went for it, eh?)
Exercise - BOOM done.
Eats - yah not so bueno
D - Unstoppable. That is my mantra today!

Love you chicks. hope all is well!
Old 12-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #40  

Nice job Kris!!! Awesome! As for the water, today, drink the whole bottle!! Where'd you find the yoga video? Sounds interesting!

Mindy, I am assuming you agreed to go ahead with the purchase knowing about the issues or did they come up on inspection? What kinds of trash in the yard, something that can leach into the soil? Clean up can be expensive. In NY, if a home inspection finds an issue that can be expected to cost more than $1500 to repair, you can void the original offer if needed (or renegotiate) if you love the house and don't mind the little extra work, go for it!!

Curious about the Costa Rica story too.

W 100
E ran last night, so crunches and kettlebells today
E OP, yesterday was not so good
D Just keep at it
Old 12-05-2015, 07:51 AM   #41  

2 more houses will be under contract today! If these close, I'll be able to finish paying off my loans for my boys college. They still have some, but my part will be paid! Working on a credit free Christmas as well! 2016 is going to be my year for fitness goals and financial goals, I'll be 50 too!

Anyway, where is everyone?

W 100
E just finished kettlebells, crunches and 40 minute run are next
E op, already took chicken out to thaw
D it's December and its 34 °, where I live,, that's not bad at all!

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-05-2015 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:11 AM   #42  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- Yoga?? Good for you. Drinking water has always been difficult for me. I bought N Under Armour insulated bottle. It keeps my water cold all day. I make myself drink at least one of those a day.

MM- Good for you on paying down some bills. We are working on the same thing. Husband has started freak out mode about the new place and if we can afford it (because of keeping mine). I Think we will be just fine. We are putting down a lot of money so we should be good.

We did not have an inspection. We decided to forgo that cost and check it out ourselves alongside the owner/builder. It is only a 2005 and we got ask a bunch of questions. We felt confident there isn't anything major. As for the junk, it is mostly metal stuff..lawn tractor, small farm implements, bed frames etc. Hubbie will load all that up and take to scrap and make some money. It will give him something to do while I move rocks and plant things this summer.

Made it to the gym 3 times this week. YAY!!! Haven't lost a thing. WW weigh-in this morning. Not sure why I still keep going (it is not working). They have a BIG change coming (biggest in 50 years). I am sticking around long enough to see what it is and if THAT will work.

Costa Rica- My dear sister. Several years ago she took a vacay. SHe met a man while there. Fell in love. YAda yada. Visited several more times and wanted to be with this guy. That fell through. SHe met people through him whom she now considers her family (HUH??). About a year ago she visited again and they introduced her to a new guy. Of course she is love again. She WAS going to get married while there over Thanksgiving. They decided there was too much work for him to plan without her. They got officially engaged instead. SHe is under the illusion that it will all work out and he will be able to come to Amercia and happy ever after. RIGHT???!!! Now the fact that he is Catholic and she's not might be a hurdle to overcome as well as thousands of miles and two countries etc... Oh boy!!! Just shaking my head.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:29 AM   #43  

Wow Mindy! That's interesting. I am assuming your sister's kids are grown? I guess the good part in that story is they decided not to get married yet.
Great job getting to the gym, as for the house, as long as you are OK getting rid of the stuff, cool! Good for you!!! As for the wet basement, might just be an issue of drainage. Get someone in there to look at it? Or maybe Hubs is handy and can fix it?

Kris, Jeni, Carma and new friend Short, hope to see you all soon!!

W 100
E Spinning class this morning, crunches
E OP, dinner in the crock pot
D Just keep plodding along! Another 4 day week for me! 1 down.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #44  
mtiger

Wink

MM- We don't think the leak is a big deal. Maybe a little flashing on the side of the house. Things are rolling though with financing and everything. Now I just need to think about packing and cleaning the new place, painting etc. Then I need to make sure my daughter finds some roomies so she can afford my house. Lord knows I won't be able to cover it.

New program at WW. However, mine doesn't convert until Saturday. They have redone their points to reflect better food choices. We shall see how it goes next week. We also have our "winter" run on Sat. It is however supposed to be 50 degrees. That's fine by me.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #45  

W - 80oz each day
E - Strength training 3 times week.
E - Low carb (under 50g), high protein, high veggie, NO processed foods
D - "I wear black when I exercise because it's a funeral for my FAT!"

Been a crazy week. The strength training has me sore and the number on the scale hasn't moved in 2 weeks. not sure if it's due to food choices (which have been more lax this week) or gaining muscle I've never had before. plan right now is to stay the course with strength3 times a week and a goal of 5 miles a day. gonna get stricter about my diet though. been having more carbs that I should. once I do mu measurements in January, i'll be able to tell better if it's muscle gain (less flabby arms? lol). Still frustrating though not to see that number go down. Anyone else have this experience?