Old 06-27-2015, 08:05 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/189/140

Height: 5' 5"

Day 1 -- June 26 -- check! No evening snacking.
OK Lizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #17  

Height: 5' 2"

OK Lizzy May you be successful.

Today is a pause day, a day in a very quiet house that I can read and really understand what I'm reading. I can meditate, converse, pray, or simply BE.

My life has been such frenzied active time that my usual way of recovering with quiet in activity has been neglected.

Diana Your words really helped me recognize how I need to pause, rest and start again. Thank you.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 01:14 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 196/158/150

Height: 5' 6"

Challenge: Substituting dark chocolate and flavored tea for cookies and ice cream after dinner. I will have three pause days.

6.08: Day 1: complete (4 squares Lindt dark chocolate / cinnamon tea)
6.09: Day 2: complete (3 squares Lindt dark chocolate / iced mint tea with Splenda)
6.10: Day 3: complete (4 squares Ghirardelli Twilight Delight, one square Lindt Intense Mint / water instead of tea)
6.11: Day 4: complete (no dessert, went to bed early)
6.12: Day 5: complete (strawberries instead of chocolate, mint tea)
6.13: Day 6: complete (hanging in there! really wanted to eat a lemon popsicle tonight but opted for 4 squares of Twilight Delight, and mint tea w/Splenda)
6.14: Pause Day
6.15: Day 7: complete (opted for a homemade berries/yogurt/ice smoothie)
6.16: Day 8: complete (tried a new flavor today, Lindt intense orange. Wow, it was so good, it was hard to only eat a serving size. So I am having baked cinnamon apple tea, which tastes just like apple cobbler only without the calories, yum!)
6.17: Day 9: complete (4 squares of Lindt intense orange, no tea tonight, really busy sewing!)
6.18: Day 10: complete (no dessert tonight, don't know if this day really counts as complete since I had Menchies yogurt for lunch. Hmmm. My husband tried to hand me a popsicle this evening and I refused. So maybe one cancels out the other . . . )
6.19: Day 11: complete (3 squares Lindt intense mint, no tea, tired so I went to bed.)
6.20: Day 12: complete (3 squares Lindt intense mint. Cinnamon tea on ice!)
6.21: Pause day
6.22: Day 13: complete (5 squares Lindt coconut dark chocolate.)
6.23: Day 14: complete (4 squares Lindt dark chocolate)
6.24: Pause day
6.25: Day 15: complete (4 squares chili flavor dark chocolate, I made iced cinnamon tea but fell asleep before I could drink it. )
6.26: Day 16: complete (4 squares intense orange, iced mint tea)
6.27: Day 17: complete (2 squares intense orange)

Hope everybody has a lovely day tomorrow!
magistra17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 10:59 AM   #19  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

One of my greatest challenges is p.m. snacking. I eat for entertainment, boredom, I think I'm hungry, I want a treat, etc........ So NO p.m. snacking with 3 pause days possible, starting TONIGHT!

Day 1 -June 26th -No Snack!
Day 2 - June 27th - No Snack! Felt some evening hunger, been a while & forgot how that felt, huh.

OKLizzy, to the thread. Glad to have a fellow no p.m. snacking to commiserate with. You have a great start!

HIheart,, to the thread. No gluten sounds like the perfect challenge for you, keeping you healthy and feeling great.

love2, I love your pause (the whole) day, that sounds so delicious. Hope you are feeling revitilized. You are most welcome. We all help each other, and that support is so appreciated.

Dr. Geri, You are staying strong, Did you stay resolute on Saturday and spending youry pause day today on Sunday?

CindyB, How's the walking going? Do tell. If that is too big a step I encourage you to restart with a smaller goal. Sometimes we have to start with baby steps(just thinking how I move my mountains ).

Mag, you are almost there and doing great! Thanks for your support, it is much appreciated.

Obsidian, Hope you had enough food for Friday. Good to be ready for next week,

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 06-28-2015 at 11:00 AM. Reason: edit
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:21 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 293/282.5/145

Height: 5'8

Talking

May I join this challenge? I'm new to this site but I figured it would keep me accountable for doing workouts and eating healthier.
For the challenge I'm going to give up soda and either walk the lake every morning (2.4miles) or do a dvd.

I will start first thing tomorrow since I've already had a coke :/
MsNahNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 12:03 AM   #21  
Peachbody

Day 11--Saturday, June 27: I did it, I was successful in avoiding sweets and spuds because I knew I wanted to spend my pause day on Sunday! Woo hoo for small victories!

Pause Day 1--Sunday, June 28: Planned pause day for a party, and oh boy did I go overboard on sweets. The real test will be making sure I get back to the challenge tomorrow.

Nah Nah, welcome to the challenge! Good luck, and check in here often so we can give you support.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:39 AM   #22  

Challenge: Substituting dark chocolate and flavored tea for cookies and ice cream after dinner. I will have three pause days.

6.09: Day 2: complete (3 squares Lindt dark chocolate / iced mint tea with Splenda)
6.10: Day 3: complete (4 squares Ghirardelli Twilight Delight, one square Lindt Intense Mint / water instead of tea)
6.13: Day 6: complete (hanging in there! really wanted to eat a lemon popsicle tonight but opted for 4 squares of Twilight Delight, and mint tea w/Splenda)
6.16: Day 8: complete (tried a new flavor today, Lindt intense orange. Wow, it was so good, it was hard to only eat a serving size. So I am having baked cinnamon apple tea, which tastes just like apple cobbler only without the calories, yum!)
6.17: Day 9: complete (4 squares of Lindt intense orange, no tea tonight, really busy sewing!)
6.18: Day 10: complete (no dessert tonight, don't know if this day really counts as complete since I had Menchies yogurt for lunch. Hmmm. My husband tried to hand me a popsicle this evening and I refused. So maybe one cancels out the other . . . )
6.19: Day 11: complete (3 squares Lindt intense mint, no tea, tired so I went to bed.)
6.25: Day 15: complete (4 squares chili flavor dark chocolate, I made iced cinnamon tea but fell asleep before I could drink it. )
6.28: Day 18: complete (4 squares dark chocolate, mint tea)

Only three days to go! I already know what my next challenge is going to be. I'm so grateful for this thread. I really had to get off the cookies and ice cream and this challenge really worked for me. I am fully off of them now and not even craving them.

MsNahNah Good luck giving up soda!

Dr Geri Good luck getting back to your challenge. You can do it!

Last edited by magistra17; 06-29-2015 at 01:42 AM.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:54 AM   #23  

Mag Isn't it a feeling of freedom to get rid of that awful craving for cookies and ice cream?!!! I did that last month and when I went to yesterday's reception, I took a tiny plain brownie, and black coffee. We didn't get lunch till after 3:00 pm, so the two soft boiled eggs and grapefruit were not much frim 7:30 am till very late lunch, but I survived.

Welcome MsNahNah

Dr Geri Perhaps your pause will revive you as my pause has helped me.

NEW CHALLENGE:

35,000 Steps per week beginning Sunday June 28

- 6858 steps with 28142 Steps to go

Hopefully looking at what is left to get my weekly goal will encourage me. I still plan to try for the 5,000 steps a day, but not get so discouraged when I reach a bit less than that. All exercise helps build health!!!

Sandy
Old 06-29-2015, 12:39 PM   #24  
change everything

S/C/G: 193/ticker/150

Diana: I decided to start today since it coincides with the start day of another challenge I'm doing. So far so good! It's just getting out of bed in the morning before it gets too hot outside, that's the hard part. But I enjoy my walk/run while I'm doing it, and it makes my whole day better too. :-)

Challenge: Walk/Run with the dog every morning before breakfast
DAY 1: 6/29 complete
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:12 AM   #25  

6.29: Day 19: complete (no dessert tonight, it's too hot to eat anything )

love2garden freedom, yes! I was just thinking that feeling a little hungry and not feeling the need to fill up is also a sort of freedom. If I go to bed feeling a little hungry, then I am probably going to lose lbs. and that's a bonus. That is so true about the exercise; exercise benefits everything we do.
Old 06-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #26  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

wordinglikeadog - good luck on the new challenge

ms nahnah -

Magistra
on almost being done.

Friday turned out ok, Monday was blah. rebounded today.

I'm in the 350s I know its still alot of weight, but its the lowest I've been in a year and finally feel like I'm making progress and less of a struggle.

I really wouldn't be here without the challenge and you guys so thanks
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:17 AM   #27  
change everything

S/C/G: 193/ticker/150

Challenge: Walk or run with the dog every morning before breakfast

DAY 1 - 6/29 - complete
DAY 2 - 6/30 - complete
DAY 3
DAY 4
DAY 5
DAY 6
DAY 7
DAY 8
DAY 9
DAY 10
DAY 11
DAY 12
DAY 13
DAY 14
DAY 15
DAY 16
DAY 17
DAY 18
DAY 19
DAY 20
DAY 21
CindyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:43 PM   #28  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

One of my greatest challenges is p.m. snacking. I eat for entertainment, boredom, I think I'm hungry, I want a treat, etc........ So NO p.m. snacking with 3 pause days possible, starting TONIGHT!

Day 1 -June 26th -No Snack!
Day 2 - June 27th - No Snack! Felt some evening hunger, been a while & forgot how that felt, huh.
Day 3 - June 28th, No Snack!
Day 4 - June 29th, No Snack! Been enjoying some sort of drink in the p.m. Tonight I had a decaf. Even with hot temp. it was nice to sit down and enjoy.

MsNah, Welcome to three fat chicks and this thread. Both good challenges. I did a challenge for soda once and gave up my one soda a day for good. How many pause days will you be allowing? The first reply on this thread has the rules if I'm confusing you.

Dr. Geri, Hope you got back on track on Monday.

Mag, Doing great & only 2 more days.Can't wait to hear your next challenge.

Sandy, good to see you back with a new challenge.

CindyB, Day one & two, check! Nice to see your pooch is getting a walk also.

Obsidian, You made it through the weekend and you sound well set up for this week now, Thanks for the good luck. I've done this challenge a bunch of times and don't know if it's just the heat, but not wanting to p.m. eat as much this time around, nice!

NEVER GIVE UP!!...Just start OVER!!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:31 PM   #29  

Obsidian I like your way of thinking. It is not just how far we have to go, it is also our state of mind as we are making this journey to better health.

Diana Amazing how a different way of thinking can change my frustration to anticipation.

NEW CHALLENGE:

35,000 Steps per week beginning Sunday June 28

- 6858 steps with 28142 Steps to go
6/29 - 4226 steps with 23,916 steps to take by Saturday (July 4) evening.

Last edited by love2garden; 06-30-2015 at 05:31 PM.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:20 AM   #30  

6.29: Day 19: complete (no dessert tonight, it's too hot to eat anything )
6.30: Day 20: complete (2 squares coconut dark chocolate, mint tea)