Old 05-21-2015, 07:30 AM   #166  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris- Glad you had a good time. We all need that at times. I am getting my walk on tonight. How about you???

Carma- Have a great time in Fl.

I am holding steady in fat land. It could all be stress or maybe it is residual hormone issues. Can't wait to see what I can accomplish this summer. Just a few more weeks.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #167  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good evening ladies!

Its National Public Works Week, so we had our annual BBQ today for my team. Was a great turn out and, as always, amazing food. I only had one plate and a small slice of cheesecake. I could have done tons more damage.

Carma - are those connecting moments great for the soul. I really hope you enjoy yourself!

Mavie - I just googled D-land and am getting pumped! I see you are putting your miles in! I am DEFINITELY getting my apps together this weekend and starting to move!

Mindy - How is the healing going? I had big plans to get the dogs out on a walk tonight, but the weather isn't cooperating. Should be a short storm. I will be out there logging my first mile tomorrow morning.

Kitten - how did the points go this week? I had a friend who was diligent about WW and seriously melted away. She stays in shape running and since dropped the point counting, but is VERY conscientious of portion control. Oh, to be so disciplined! Wishing you good numbers this week!

So we got good news today. My oldest step son who has been home schooled on and off forever has been accepted into a local charter school that teaches a STEM curriculum (Science, Tech, Engineering, Math). The school is amazing and we are super excited to get him interacting with kids his age and outside of his house! My youngest step son who has been struggling with school (poopy parent communicators) has made an amazing turn around and is receiving Student of the Month tonight . He has completed all of his assignment, on time, and is PARTICIPATING IN CLASS! This is huge considering six weeks ago he wouldn't do any work and made a habit of shrugging his shoulders when asked a question. I hope this change is permanent!

Off to pull the house together. I know I'm the longest poster on the planet today. Its just always so nice to share with you girls. Be good to yourselves!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:17 AM   #168  
mtiger

Wink

Kris-Awesome news on the kids. We have several STEm buildings in our district. I don't want to end up at one. I am not a Math nor Science person. GIve me reading, writing and SS any day. Hope you get that walk in today. I did 2.2 miles last night.

Still up in the weight dept. Walking, sticking to points and tracking them. Sheesh!!!
Old 05-22-2015, 07:22 AM   #169  

Weigh in at 282 this morning... two pounds down AND that first inch off the waist. Pretty happy about that!

I've been trying to ride my bike a lot this week. Well, it feels like a lot to me but it's actually only 20-30 minutes per day. I rode to the bank and the post office yesterday and I felt great! The problem is... everyone loves my bike. HA! That doesn't sound like a problem, but every time I stop at a stoplight or something I end up having to chat about where I got it, how it is to ride... It throws me off my focus. It is kind of a cool bike though. Bright yellow, old fashioned looking beach cruiser. It's very "Me".

My daily points went down to 40 this week with my weigh in! I don't eat many 1 point foods so it's going to be tricky to drop just one point. I might just eat my normal menu and absorb that point into my weeklies until it drops again. I have a couple of 2 point snacks I can drop.

The pools open today so I am going to ride my bike there with my daughter after work. I might not swim, but I got a cute retro polka-dot maillot... very glamorous, even on THIS body. Might just park myself in a lounge chair with my floppy hat and a book. The pool has a lazy river and over lunch hour you can go there and water walk. You go against the current and it's a great workout. Too bad I have to work!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 11:35 AM   #170  
The Sky is the Limit!

Happy Friday Chickies!

Kitten - great job on being 8 lbs down! the polka dot suit sounds fantastic! I actually have one I just hung in my closet. Bought it a couple years back. Still has the tag on it! Its a midnight blue with black polka dots! Your biking story is making me anxious for one! My hubby has been nagging me forever to get a bike. Hmmmm. Also, sounds like your points plan is well thought out.

Mindy - Keep on those points sister! Nice walk! Still drizzling here, so hoping we have a clear up and I can hit it the pavement. I think I need to go a couple of times sans dogs. I think part of my hesitation has been dealing with them. Have you noticed any changes in mood post surgery? You know its on my list of crap to take care of too.

Jen - Hope all is well.

Mavie - run Forest run!

Carma - hope you are enjoying yourself!

I am back on NS today. Logging on MFP, and need to charge my body media. I have to get real about this weight and health thing ladies. 224.6 this AM so down a few since the buffet bonanza, but not by much.

Have a productive day!
Old 05-23-2015, 11:23 AM   #171  
The Sky is the Limit!

Good morning girls!

MINDY!!!! I did it! I walked 1.32 miles this morning WITH. BOTH. DOGS. It was a bit hectic at moments, but felt GREAT to get outside. I also tried a few yoga poses. I realized I have a lot of bddy to try to put into child's pose

Mavie - Where are you sweet girl?

Off to figure out how to use MapMyWalk and get some music on my phone. NS POP today. Blew it yesterday.

Hubby is gone with kiddos fishing until Monday morning. Oh how should I spend my days?

223 this morning. Feeling pretty good at the moment.

Have a productive Saturday chickies!
Old 05-23-2015, 08:58 PM   #172  

Nixmom.... I had my own private humiliating experience with child's pose last night... Like.. where's my belly supposed to go??? Where's my boobs supposed to go??? At this size, especially considering how big my bust is, just sitting down on my heels is basically my "child's pose".

I bought a little kitchen scale and I was a terrified to use it because I was sure I would find that I had been big on my portions. I portioned out 1lb bag of walnuts and I was pleasantly surprised to discover that using my old way of measuring... basically eyeballing... was within a tenth of an ounce. Not perfect, but certainly not the disaster I was fearing.

Scale said 277 this morning. I had to laugh. I moved the scale around, cleaned under it, popped the batteries out and in... every time I got back on it was 277. I know I didn't lose 5 pounds in a day, but I sure liked seeing that number!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 05:25 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Kris & kitten: whenever I feel like I am the biggest fatty in the room full of yoga goddesses any of the frontward poses I do I think "yeah these girls might be skinny but look at my rack" as I see tons of cleavage in the mirror. My oldest sister hasn't been back to yoga since one boob fell out as she wasn't wearing a bra. Lol.

Kris: great job on the walk and restricting the tons of food at bbq. Congrats on your stepson. It's amazing how many smart kids don't do well in school because of boredom. Glad he found a good fit.

Kitten: nice job on the 5lbs and 1 inch.

Mindy: you are going to rock this summer just knowing your not going to the house of pain.

Mavis & Jeni: hope all is well.

For me we leave paradise this morning. My exercise has been great. Diet pretty good for vacation. Never did yoga or swim funny enough. Saw lots of great things and enjoyed connecting with the hubs. I still have 2 more days off. Will get back on the recording everything wagon tomorrow. Can't wait to see if the scale reflects my exercise.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 AM   #174  
mtiger

Wink

Carma- House of pain made me laugh. It only gets worse. Now that I am "displaced" we are laying off 50 teachers. God only knows what will happen to me. I have high seniority (not that it matters anymore thanks to our governor) but I shouldn't get laid off. Just have no idea what will happen next year. Heck we don't even know who was "selected" in our building yet. UGH!!

Kris- I saw that you walked both gumbos. That was taking on a lot. Good for you. I am going to the gym today for some weight training. With or without my hubby.

SO riding in the truck yesterday, reading a magazine, i read that to lose weight we need more protein , especially as we get older. 30 grams per meal and a 10 gram snack..total 100 grams. I am going to give it a whirl and see what happens. I hope WW trackers break it down for me.

Other than that I have flowers to plant and sunshine to enjoy this weekend.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:07 AM   #175  
The Sky is the Limit!

Morning girls,

Mindy - While standing in line at the grocery store, all of the health mags had some story about protien being key. When I WAS going to the gym, the trainer said protien, protien, protien. He actually said 100 oz a day too. Go for it sister. I am curious to see how it goes for ya. I have to eat my NS food and then I will probably be following your lead!

Carma/Kitten- that boob popper is hilarious! And, yes, I too, out rack many of my thin friends. I also out thigh and out stomach them. Which makes even sitting on my heels for the pose hard. I'll keep at it.

Mavie/Jen

Wake up moment:
while on vacation, we stopped into a club where this amazing country voice was singing. It ended up being Matt Farris, an up an coming country artist and he was fantastic. Anywho, the band started up Luke Bryan's Country Girl song, and I couldn't sit still anymore. Got out on the dance floor. Went full throttle and found myself winded and my legs chattering like 30 seconds in. A super big indicator that I am T.O.T.A.L.L.Y. OUT OF SHAPE.

So... I started a 30 day squat challenge. Did 20 Friday - Tough. Did 15 yesterday (couldn't get to 30). Today I can hardly lower myself onto the toilet. I hope I don't go crashing through porcelain today. I will do my other 15 squats later, near the couch, lest I should lock up an fall backwards.

Have a blessed sunday chicks!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:35 AM   #176  
mtiger

Wink

Oh Kris- This is why I love you. Crashing through porcelain. Oh how I have fond memories of days like those. When My co-worker buddies and I would do BL workout DVD'S. We would often have the same sitting on the toilet issues. Make you know you're alive. Good pain though.

So today is my fresh start. Saturday we ate out all day and had an open house. Yesterday we ate fast food for dinner and leftover chicken strips from the day before. Needless to say I am back up the pound I lost. Over on me points but I did get in a 2.5 mile walk/jog.

Today I shoot for better choices and will be trying to hit that 100 of grams of protein. I wish WW would tell me my daily totals when I track, but I don't think it does. I may be writing by hand for a while. Time to go old school.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:10 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all Happy Memorial Day.
We need a new challenge, whatever date works for me.

I'll likely continue to be away for a while. FIL had a major bad spell, several days in the hospital and now he's in rehab. Trying to be everywhere. Ugh.

Hope all are well
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 11:54 PM   #178  
The Sky is the Limit!

Alright ladies! Wrapping it up and heading over to

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post5167548

I gained this challenge. That darn vacation was a blessing and a curse. Figured I start a new challenge through July 4th. Hope that works for everyone. I know its short, but maybe our next could go through Labor day!

Mavie, sorry you are tending to everyone. Hope your FIL is getting better and in doing so gets you a little relief and down time. Love you girl!

Okay chickies.... everyone over to the new thread!