Old 05-06-2015, 10:19 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Holy quiet! Hoping all this running pays off!

Mindy- hope you are awesome!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #137  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I walked two miles yesterday at a pretty good clip. Gonna get out there again today. I also planted some flowers. I will post my project on FB when it is done. Cute!!

My weight is at 180.4 and not budging. Yuck.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 09:00 AM   #138  
mtiger

Wink

Stuck at 180.4.....DISLIKE!!! Walked 2.4 miles yesterday. Feeling better everyday. I think I will add in a little jogging next week.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:59 PM   #139  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

HOLY MAD HOUSE! I am so ready to be on vacations.

Sorry I have been missing (its super quiet here!)

Mindy - so glad you survived! You back to good? You feeling better? You still in your building? I've been thinking about ya. Screw 180. Its temporary.

Mavie - RUN RUN RUUUNNNNN! You go on your 100 miles /month!

Jen, Carma, Esofia -

So today is week 3 no smoking. I am up to 224. Not good. My hubby split for Havasu yesterday to go drop the boat off. My dad left this afternoon, and after literally NO quiet in my house, I am FINALLY SITTING HERE ALONE! I went to the salvation army today and picked up some shirts for my DSS. Grabbed 2 pairs of pants for me and misjudged my expansion. Oh well. Ill get into them soon enough. Also went to Ross, Marshall's and then picked myself some naughty dinner up. Good be lazy tonight and get with the program again tomorrow.

We are off to Havasu next thursday for our annual fishing derby. I can't believe its already May ladies. I have to stop talking and start doing. I have a 1/2 marathon to run!

Have a great friday night. Hope you are all warm and safe somewhere.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 07:30 AM   #140  

Kris, so proud of you NOT smoking!!! Don't worry about the rest, it will fall into place. Slay one beast at a time. Fishing derby next week? Always love your pics from there. Talked to my son & he's been doing lots of fly fishing in Colorado.

Mindy, glad you are feeling well! Same thing, the weight will get there, just hang in!! I was looking for your flower pics?

Jeni, I'm sure ball is keeping you busy!

Carma, where are you?

Esofia, hope all is well!

W 100
E running today, yesterday was a rest day. Got just over 30 miles for the first week of May! May also get some yoga in.
E OP. hubby and younger son took me to dinner last night, made good choices, but the salt! Ugh!
D Happiness is the wind in your face.
Hoping to get out on the bike later. It's gorgeous here
Old 05-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Happy Mothers Day

Does it bother anyone else that there was no Mother's Day smilies? It is a mostly female site. I know there are some woman who choose not to be a mom but sheesh there are a bunch of Halloween and st Patrick day ones share the wealth.

Sorry to have my head up my butt and not popping in. Figured I better get on and wish you all a Happy Mother's Day!

Mindy: glad your surgery went well. The weight will start to drop off as you can start running again.

Kris: so proud of the non smoking. 3 weeks. Is hubby quit too?

Mavis: 100 miles a month, you are getting serious on this running and it is only 1 yr until tink huh. I gotta get moving.

Jeni: I am assuming you have been overloaded with sports and that is why we haven't seen you.

esofia: hope the weather is good on your side of the pond.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 05-10-2015 at 09:00 AM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:56 AM   #142  

Onto me:
Going to admit have been struggling. Weight up 225. I am failing in all areas. Spending way too much time on electronics. Not enough time moving. Eating poorly. Issues with organization. All I can think is it is residual depression from putting Luke down.
We leave next week on our 20th anniversary trip next week. I haven't packed anything. My summer clothes are buried. I really need to get organized but struggle with where to start. I am excited about getting to reconnect with my husband. His friend whose house we are using is bought us a private sunset cruise.
Been super busy getting my fil house together while he has been in rehab. Glad to report he is doing better. Still not walking on his own due to right knee issues.
His house is looking good. Mine looks horrible. Ugh. I have planted some annuals which are in hanging baskets. Some color atleast.
Work is pretty good. Still struggle with one coworker and the other is dissapointed in my weight gain. He thinks I need to come up with a solution to deal with stressors/eating. I wish I could find a counsellor that deals with intuitive eating. Maybe I need to work on meditation and journaling and it will all come together.

So on this 13th anniversary of my being a mother I am going to honor my own mother and go to church. Then picnic lunch at a lighthouse near Newport then walking on cliff walk in Newport and maybe tour a mansion if we have time. This is after my dd gave me breakfast in bed.

Weed for week:
W: 80 oz/day
E: walk daily in am except today which will be this afternoon. Yoga Wednesday with the combination drum,belly dancing, stretching and ab work.
E: focus on eating fruits and vegetables. Record all.
D: try to meditate each day or have quiet time. Start reading a book I got from the library. Enjoy your day ladies. Will check in tomorrow
Old 05-11-2015, 05:01 AM   #143  

hope you guys had as nice a mothers day as I did. 229 on scale tis am. now the work begins.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 05-11-2015 at 05:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2015, 05:02 AM   #144  

Old 05-11-2015, 06:22 AM   #145  

Carma, I love the picture! Glad you had a nice Mothers Day. Kind of figured you were struggling, that's when I drift away too. I'm going to try to give it 5 minutes a day to get here and plan, that's it. Facebook scrolling has to go too (4 me)

Mindy, hope all is well and you enjoyed Mother's Day!

Jeni, miss you, happy Mothers Day.

Kris, loved the pics! Happy Mothers Day!

I had a decent day. My son's are amazing, their father, sometimes yes but not yesterday.

W 100
E crunches stretches
E pop
D putting me first
Old 05-11-2015, 02:18 PM   #146  
mtiger

Wink

Carma- Very nice picture. Great family you have there. Hang in there and get back on the wagon.

Kris- So happy you are still puff free. Now let's get you moving a little. Should I challenge you a bit. 1 mile a day..just one. How bout it??

MM- Hope you reach that goal. You pop up on my fitbit when you workout, so I have been noticing.

So last week I walked. It helped get the gas moving. I also started back on my pro/pre-biotic and I started with garcinia. I have lost a few pounds. YAY!! Not sure what is helping but I figure I will just stick with what I've been doing so far.

However, I started walking faster and longer. Today I jogged/walked. Maybe half and half. Let's see how this goes.

On the job front....I decided not to apply for the position have held for 17 years. It just is wrong on many levels. So I will be displaced and moved to a different building. No telling when I will hear about that. Probably the week before school starts. Wish me luck. I am taking a gamble on the unknown here.
Old 05-12-2015, 07:34 AM   #147  

Good morning, WEED women! I like what you have going on here, hoping to join you.

My name is Amy, I'm 36, single mother of a 17 year old and a 12 year old. I'm a pharmacist, a gardener, a seamstress and a "Marching Band Mom". If any of you have ever seen the cult that is marching band, you know what I mean.

I've taken a few stabs at weight loss before, but never felt quite so prepared and just ready to change. I'm halfway through my third week of Weight Watchers and have lost 5 pounds so far.

My goal is to lose a significant amount of weight before band season picks up again. This is my son's last year. I chaperone all the trips and that sometimes means up to 16 hours a day on a bus (a fancy touring bus, but a bus nonetheless) and I want to fit comfortably in the seat and not feel like I'm oozing into the other side. I also want to be able to pick my garden's harvest at the end of the season by actually BENDING OVER. Right now I'm like a stuffed sausage and it's really impossible to bend down for any amount of time.

So here's my WEED;
W: I am stopping soda at home and replacing it with water. I don't have a specific amount in mind. I used to drink 3-4 diet sodas a day at work and then another 3-4 in the afternoon/evenings. I'm not ready to stop diet soda altogether, but I'm committed to stopping at home so that effectively cuts my soda habit in half.

E: I use Jawbone UP2 and have it linked to the Weight Watchers app. I'd love to get up to 10,000 steps a day but I'm working my way there. I set my goal for 6500 and I hope to move that up by 250 every Friday weigh-in until I get to 10,000. I get the traditional 2 breaks and a lunch and I try to go outside and take a brisk walk around the building (roughly a block?) on each break period. It's not much, but it's 15 extra minutes of movement that I wouldn't get otherwise. Then I get an extra walk in the afternoon. Outdoors if it's nice outside, or on the treadmill at the gym if it's not.

E: I get 41 WW points every day. It's quite a bit of food. I'm eating a 2 pt Greek yogurt with 1/4 walnuts for breakfast, a high protein soup for lunch, beef stew is in the crockpot for supper, and I have my snacks planned. Carbs and sugar trigger my IBS so I'm working to seriously limit those.

D: Daily goal for today is NO soda at home and in bed by 9. Yes that's early, but I get up at 4 AM for work

So there it is! I'm ready for Tuesday!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #148  
mtiger

Wink

Welcome Kitten- I also do WW and get 26 points. I have a Fitbit to track my steps and calories. 10,00 steps is my goal also. I had surgery almost 2 weeks ago so I working my way back into exercise (running). Welcome. This is a great group.

Got in some running yesterday. Boy do I need to build that back up. Our local 5K is in June. Need to be ready for that. I have lost 2 pounds this week. Hoping it stays off and I can continue to lose a few more.
Old 05-12-2015, 11:01 PM   #149  

Welcome Amy
Fail on all parts today. Fil admitted to hospital for urinary tract infection. I had acupuncture for nurses week. She apparently works with helping you curb eating urges. I may look into that.
Will sign on again tomorrow for personals.
Old 05-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #150  

Hmmm.. so I cut my soda intake in half, and I was up all night. Not sure what that was all about. Scale has had too many ups and not enough downs this week. A little bit up this morning... i'm crediting my salty stew for supper and a poor night's sleep.

For today:
W: still working on switching out soda for water. hopefully the sleep thing was a coincidence
E: I have a long drive this afternoon so I am going to take my three short walks on break and try to take a quick one before and after the drive to make sure I get my steps in
E: yogurt and walnuts for breakfast. leftover stew for lunch. apple for snack. keeping it light because i'm making penne Arrabbiata for supper and I want to have a couple of meatballs. I'm going to have very little pasta so I can have a piece of garlic bread.
D: Even though the scale was up this morning, I'm not going to fall apart. I'm the tortoise, not the hare.

Have a great day everyone!
KittenIsOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote