Old 03-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Mavis: it drives me nuts too when you lose a post. Sorry to hear the knee is sore. What is the morning class you do?

Mindy:ugh sorry to hear your getting sinusy. Rest the foot up and sinuses up and you will come back just as strong next week

Jeni: you and I must have been posting at the same time last night. I am so proud that you took your own advice. Great job on the run! I hope your daughter likes track. Zach loves it.

Kris: I hope you have been strong today and the nutrisystem has been tolerable.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 03-20-2015 at 08:16 PM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:15 PM   #17  

Weed review for today:

W: 100 oz
E: 30 minute walk
E: 1295 in
D:
"Change not only was inevitable, but usually brought its own rewards."
— Nicholas Sparks (The Last Song)

Weed for tomorrow:
W: 80 oz
E: walk 1 hr, maybe bike too.
E: 1200-1400 2 meals one snack.
D:
"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much"
— Helen Keller

Happy weekend my teammates in weight loss!

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 03-20-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 05:50 AM   #18  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Happy Saturday Morning!

Workday today. Not to thrilled with it, but gotta do it!

W 64 oz
E walking at work
E good choices!
D Commit to myself.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 06:42 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Good morning Jeni!! Have a super day!! I loved the idea of a healthy snack shelf. I may try that too. Great job on your run!

Mindy, I hope you are feeling better! I love that you still walked 3 miles even feeling like crap. Dedication!!

Carma, Hope Hubs and DD can sort that out. That is way too much stress for me, I can only imagine how it must make you feel. I take a couple classes. MWF i take a sculpting class, weights (usually supersets) with 1-2 minute cardio burst every time we change the body part we are working. Tuesday & Thursday I spin. Then of course I run! I am going to check the schedule at the Y for Yoga. I have an alarm set for noon today to sign up for the "Boilermaker" It's a summer race I want to run and it sells out really quickly!

Kris, Happy Saturday, what's on the agenda?

Does anyone have a fitbit or jawbone or any of those fitness trackers? What do you think of them?

W 100
E running, crunches, apparently Hubs wants to drag some downed trees out for firewood. That IS exercise too!
E POP I have to stay 100% focused if I want results!
D "A goal without a plan is just a wish."
—Larry Elder
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 08:59 AM   #20  

219.6 on the scale this am
Jeni: try to enjoy work, and great idea on the snack shelf. I need to reorganize my fridge too.

Mavis: hope you get your race. Those classes sound tough. I wish there was a y near me. The closest is 45-50 minutes away. There is a gym about 40 minutes away that does all those classes.

Hubby and daughter still getting alongthis am. He made breakfast this morning French toast my favorite. I limited myself to two slices. So I guess I am having 3 meals today but all low portion sizes.
It can be stressful for my son and I both. My son doesn't speak up to my husband about it because he doesn't want to be yelled at. I tell him all the time how important it is for a girls self esteem to be close to her father, and when the dirt bags show up at the door I don't want to hear it. Maybe he is finally learning.

Hope all have a good day. We need to start a fire as my house is freezing. Why can't spring spung already?

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 03-21-2015 at 09:03 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #21  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Morning ladies!

Carma - HOORAH on the scale sister! Awesome job. HOORAH on the hubby break through! I had plenty of push back with "new hubby meet 17year old" I can't imagine my hubby and own kids not meshing. Parenting doesnt come with instructions. You just stick to your guns reminding him he's the adult! I have been NS challenged, but today is a fresh start.

Mavie - Saturday plans are to plant part of the garden and then we have a b-day party at noon, and then come home and mow the very neglected front lawn. I am counting my dirt moving from yesterday as exercise. Today will be more outside work. YES ON STAYING AT MY PLACE FOR ANYONE! Hubby is all over me to get moving so I'm ready for Tink!

Mtiggie - You feeling any better missy?

Jen - Have a great day at work! It'll be over soon.

Emiloots, where are you?

W-80oz
E- yard work
E - NS all but lunch. EASY ON THE LUNCH KRIS
D - Stay focused.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 11:16 AM   #22  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I was ready to head for the gym last night when hubby texted me and asked if we wanted to just walk at home. Sure!! We did 3 miles. Not too fast but enough to get a little clammy. It was 54 degrees, heat wave around here. Had WW this morning. Stayed the same as two weeks ago, which isn't saying much. I was down 1.4 on my scale today, which isn't where I want to be but something.

Jeni- I need to make a shelf. I told people about it at WW today. They all loved the idea.

Kris- No mowing grass for us. We are still under swamp conditions from melting snow.

MM- You are the person to look up to.

Carma- Glad hubby and DD are getting along.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 01:15 PM   #23  

I got in to the Boilermaker!!! It is a 15k in July! Goals to reach for!!
Think I am signing up for a 10 miler in June too.

Last edited by mothermavis; 03-21-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:44 AM   #24  

Kris: great job on yard work. At this point I think it will be late April before we need to do anything for our yard work. So much snow. Ugh. How did the birthday party food fare? This is my big fear for the party today.

Mavis: on getting into the boiler maker. Holy crap 15k that is so inconceivable to me right now. I have a Fitbit not currently wearing it as I had rash issues. I wore it for like 9 months. It works well. The community support group is good.

Mindy: jealous of the heatwave of 54. I like walking outside so much more than treadmill. The scale will move, I have faith. It has to be hormonal.

Jeni: hope work went well.

Weed review for yesterday.
W: 100 oz
E: none really I walked but none consistent. Just errands.
E: ended up being cheat day. 1800 calories. I ate out
D: headed out for make up walk now before breakfast out.

Weed for today:
W:100 oz
E: walk hopefully 2 hours total.
E: 1400 no more.
D: I can control my ordering food at restaurants. Will get fruit for a side no hash browns. Church today. It has been 2 weeks since I made it. Looking forward to going.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #25  

Weed review for today:
E: walk 40 minutes am, 20 minutes bringing in wood. 60 minutes walk
E: 1645 in. Had bonus birthday cake at church
D: stayed late after church to help with filling Easter eggs, felt good to be a part of something and help for more than work or family.

Weed for tomorrow:
E: walk at least 30, yoga in the pm
E: 1400 calories
D: "Crossing the starting line may be an act of courage, but crossing the finish line is an act of faith. Faith is what kepes us going when nothing else will. Faith is the emotion that will give you victory over your past, the demons in your soul, & all of those voices that tell you what you can & cannot do & can & cannot be."
— John Bingham. I have faith I can win this contest.
Old 03-22-2015, 08:55 PM   #26  

Happy Sunday all! Not looking forward to back to work tomorrow, but it is what it is.

Kris, I envy the garden. It never even got to 32 degrees, below freezing and bitter winds all day!
Carma, I have faith in you. you are going to win!
Mindy, you are awesome, look how far you've come!
Jeni, Hope all is good!

W 100, got that easy today!
E Kettlebells and crunches
E POP, made my 2nd pinterest recipe this week, no tortilla chicken enchilada bake, pretty good.
D “The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” ~William Faulkner

Last edited by mothermavis; 03-22-2015 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #27  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evenings chickies!

Mavie - thanks on garden. I'm pretty darn excited about it. stole everything off of Pinterest. I grow from there, you cook from there! So glad you made the boilermaker! You inspired me and I am going to do a 5k with my bestie on Memorial Day. Perfect way to mark the end of this challenge!

Carma - you can totally crank this contest out sister! My food not good this weekend. Blew party lunch. Blew dinner tonight. Ready for tomorrow. Back with you and the others on MFP.

Mindy - 1.4 is a move int the right direction. We all have to work on rephrasing our negative thoughts to find the good. Maybe it's just that we are tuned in and trying. Maybe it's 1.4 lbs. Love you bunches. And you have a hubby willing to walk home from work. hELLO!

Jen - hope your crazy world is good.

Sore tonight. Hubby and I have a pact to quit the packs tomorrow. Yes, I have still been bad. We are both really over it. It truly is at the habit-boredom-smoke break cycle. So we bought our last pack today.i may smoke until midnight, but the it's over. O. V. E. R.

This will be my first stop in the morning for the next 30 days. Have to replace bad habits with good ones. Cant leave too much free time while quitting. Such a beast the nicotine monster is.

WEED this week.
W-80oz
E-30min 3 x probably late in week
D- remember the why.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 06:13 AM   #28  

5 freaking degrees. Hoping this winter will end soon! It is supposed to get somewhat better later this week and at least get to 40. 7 years to 55 and early retirement if I choose. Finding me a beach community!!

Kris, I can't wait to hear about your 5k! So proud of you!!! 10 weeks! Plenty of time to train. The 5k group I am working with has a goal race May 17, it's a Rock & Run, with bands along the way

About that smoking thing, I quit about 15 years ago. It was one of the most difficult things I had to do, but I did it and you can too. Please, please, do it. You can text me, call me, Facebook me, whatever you need. I cut straws in half for something to do with my hands. They are a great replacement for size and shape.

W 100
E Doing my crunches and the elliptical this AM, a bit late of a start to get to class
E OP, taking a dish of my Pinterest project!!
D "If you never have a 'bad' day, you're probably doing something wrong; if you never have a 'good' day, you're definitely doing something wrong."
-Mark Remy
Old 03-23-2015, 07:18 AM   #29  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hit the gym yesterday and was on the treadmill for an hour. I mixed up speed and inclines and got a real good sweat going. Scale didn't reward me for the effort but it felt good. Tonight I think I will walk a bit and ride the bike.

MM- I am with you on yuck...work today. Good news, two weeks until spring break. We are going to Branson this year. SSOO looking forward to it.

Kris- I am excited for your 5k. Can't wait to hear all about it. I love your garden project and your two helpers. So cute. I have faith that you can give up the cigs. Just do it!!

Carma- You just keep rocking on.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:44 PM   #30  

Kris: great job on quitting! Proud about the 5 too! There is one for the church which I may walk run for. It is mid to late May I think. I have to look at the schedule. It helps the aspire campaign to rebuild part of the church.

Mavis:as your fellow east coaster I am with you. I don't think I could live year round at a beach. I may try to figure out how I can live in multiple areas.

Mindy:great job on being so consistent with the gym. Just think even if the scale doesn't reflect your hard work your heart thanks you.

Jeni: hope all is well.