Old 01-25-2015, 04:27 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Ugh had a whole post and iPad froze lost it. Grr.

Jeni: great job on diet and no wine. On work days try 3 10 minute workouts, one pre work. One at lunch one after work.

Mindy: your selling your house?

Mavis: how relaxing is working with the bonsai?

Mugs: one of my coworkers is looking for a small town in California to move to with a community hospital.

Kris: deep breaths calming thoughts.

Will do weed review for the weekend before bed.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:45 PM   #122  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Evening ladies. Selfishly no personals tonight. I am fighting the sand man as I type.

Did lots of yard work this weekend. Didn't eat great but feel like I moved enough to call it some exercise. Kid weekend and my quiet time was shot. I feel like I try find places to run away, to be out of the way. Gotta change my mindset. Or maybe I just really need a day to myself.

Love and miss you girls. I am recommitting tomorrow. To NS. To WEED. To balance. Gonna start my day here. I promise!

Swwet dreams.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015, 09:51 PM   #123  

Weed review for the weekend
W: Saturday 100 oz, sunday 80 oz
E:Saturday walk 50 min, Sunday walk 20 min/ hike 30 min
E: sat. 1429 missed blue, Sunday 1249 missed blue
D: getting in the zone 228.8. This am

Weed for tomorrow & possibly Tuesday. I may get stuck at work with this blizzard.
W: 80 oz
E: ? Walk 30, Maybe yoga Monday
E: 1400 calories
D: In three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life: it goes on.
Robert Frost

Stay warm my fellow east coasters.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:51 AM   #124  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Carma~my normal pre work workout is 7 minutes long. At my job I move so much, that my breaks are desperately needed. I'm on my feet 12 hours a day. I may sneek my phone onto the production floor to see exactly how far I walk on my "rounds". But I do know that I walk 31 flights of stairs over the course of my day. Today I plan on running after work, but we will see how I feel by the end of the day.

Kris, Yard work is good. Follow your NS plan, my Dr told me to weigh ever, if you can't find time to exercise make sure your meals are good ones.

MONDAY! I have done super well at my food intake all weekend. Yesterday was my cheat meal day. I did have a couple of glasses of wine too. The scale is giving me some good positive reinforcement. I'm sticking to what I have been eating the last couple of days to see how this low-carb thing works for me. With the exception of last night, the only carbs I got were from my fruits.

W 64 oz
E 2 miles after work
E lots of veggies, fruits, and protein
D positive thinking
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:24 AM   #125  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Carma- We are trying to sell my house. Have been trying for over a year. When Hubby and I got married we decided to sell his house first and live in mine. We want to sell mine so we can buy "our home." It is not working so well. My house is harder to get rid of.

Did 4.5 miles at the gym yesterday and alot of shoulder upper body stuff. The scale has come back down a little...must keep working. Gym tonight.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 07:28 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all! Have to take my son back to the airport today. These visits go way too fast! At least he's going to fly out ahead of the storm, so he should not get stuck. It sounds like we are going to get a foot or so of the white stuff tonight. Ugh, wish I could snowshoe!

Kris, when you are ready, we will be here! Take care of you!

Jeni, great job this weekend, I had a bit of wine too, making a run to Trader Joe's after the airport today! Easier to make good choices when I have lots of awesome delish options!

Mindy, how'd the showing go? Any feedback? Great run yesterday!! How is that foot?

Carma, Mother Nature supposed to hit you hard as well? Hope you don't get stuck at work! You are doing great too!

W 100
E Abs, kettlebells, PT
E POP, I do mean perfect too!
D 1/2 my heart goes back to his home, 2000 miles away today. Try not to cry.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:52 PM   #127  

Jeni: wow forget about working out on work days. That's a ton of moving.

Mindy: good luck on the house sale.

Mavis: a foot? They are predicting 3 feet here. I am right in the northeast corner of ct. I am at working but I came prepared going to work 11-7. A ton of people called out. It is a double occurrence when you call out in a snowstorm!
I wish I bought snow shoes. Maybe if there is a good tax refund I will splurge and get some.

Kris and mugs

So I sit on my office stretcher with my pillow and blanket. Listening to plows. Going to try and fall asleep to my meditation music. Lots of doors closing. There are probably over a hundred staff sleeping at the hospital tonight.

Weed review:
W: so far 72. Will get another 8 prior to working at 11.
E:35 minutes on treadmill at work. Yoga will have to wait until Wednesday if they have power.
E: 1429 splurged and went to Wendy's.
D: the snow comes down on little cats feet.........play on Carl sandbergs poem.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-26-2015 at 05:56 PM.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:30 PM   #128  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hey ladies!

Taking a moment to reconnect, FINALLY!

Mindy - Prayihng for a buyer tonight and every night until that sucker sells. I so know that want to have an "ours" vs yours and mine. A fresh start for a great couple is well deserved. What's up with the foot again? I see that you got some great kicks, but also saw Carma's comment. You having plantar crap again? BTW - our local teachers union is moments away from being at impasse with the district.

Mavie - Snow again??? We had rain but thats about all I can handle. We had a freakishly low snow storm almost made it to our lawn, but not quite. It suck for a few days in nearby cities. Was beautiful, but darn cold (I'm a wimp). How is the knee? I agree with Mindy, take it slow. Enjoy the boys and absorb the down time. I know you are aching to move. Just learn to be still! Unless, of course you have been approved to do stuff. What's up? Stay warm!

Mugs - Way to go on sticking to hitting the goals, no matter what! Sounds like you are driven, sister. That's awesome. Glad to see you here, and a solid piece of the WEEDERS~

Jen - 14 lb difference? Yeah, home scale sister. Are you in fact getting pummeled by another storm too? I hope it isn't another basement blaster. Drop meds and sugar... brave girl. Glad you came back to your senses!

Carma - you have turned out to be a force to be reckoned with! You are really consistent getting here! An inspiration! And I love your "it goes on" D. I must remember this!

I am being called to dinner by hubby, who also wants to talk about dissolving his company. Ugh. Get out of one hole, fall into another. Life goes on!

Take to you ladies tomorrow. Be safe. Stay warm. Be good!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 07:30 AM   #129  
mtiger

Wink

MM and Carma- I an feeling for you with all that snow. We got our share last year and it was not fun. I hope you both dig your way out. SNowshoes would certainly be the way to go. Useful, fun and burn some calories.

Kris- What company does your husband own? What would he like to do instead? Hope all works out for you.

Yesterday was a complete stress fest at work. My principal is a total B****. I want to crawl into a hole and never go back there again. I need to finish this year and 5 more to get my retirement. I just don't know how I will make it. Teaching is not what it used to be. Maybe I will land in a nice little building with less stress next year, since we are all getting kicked out anyway. Pray for me on that one.

House viewing was cancelled. Darn!! The house is really clean though.

Scale is slowly moving back down. 177.6 today. Oh how 175 or less taunts me. Just did a walk yesterday at the gym, so I could vent to my husband. That was helpful.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:01 AM   #130  
Calorie Counter

MM~Carma~ I hope you ladies are safe!!!

Kris~We actually have had some really mild weather after the nasty rain. I think we hit 60 degrees on Sunday. It's too bad I was at work. My scale is right on with the work scale. I guess what the guys were doing weighing themselves on a tote scale (a really big scale) It is calibrated at the 4 corners, and isn't set for one point of contact. BOY were they shocked. I hope you got things worked out with your husband.

Mindy my dear, I am sorry about the house not selling. (and the showing getting canceled. That type of stress in crazy. I wish I could give you some good advice about dealing with a horrible boss. I have been dealing with it for a couple of years, but I don't have a class room of kids to worry about. Do what you can. Control what you can.

I forgot that I had a band parents meeting last night. So I didn't get in a run. Bummer. The scale keeps moving in the downward direction, so that is a good thing.

W 80 oz today
E 30 minute run 30 minute strength circuit
E keep doing what I have been doing
D Control the Controllable, MOVE!!
Old 01-27-2015, 06:30 PM   #131  

No time for personals. I ended up working a 16 hour shift, it was originally an 8 then became a 12 and then because at 10 am my patient crashed hard and the charge nurse said, "so Carma do you want to leave at 11 still, I was so amped up on adrenaline I Agreed to stay the last 4 hours. My second boss bought me lunch. I was off on the count. 247 people stayed over at the hospital to fill in over the storm. Hubby drove in to get me, made dinner and will bring me back tomorrow to work and recover my car. We won't do rehab until after 12 noon tomorrow so I can go in later. It will probably be 0830 as hubby has to work for 10 am we think. They still are not plowed at his work.

Weed review
My calorie intake for Monday was actually around 1700 calories. And water was 88 oz.

Today's
W: ?80 oz I think
E: 16 hour shift, my quads are beat no actual exercise but I probably got 10000 steps.
E: tired makes poor food choices. Probably 2000 calories. I tried to remember what I ate.
D: happy for warm house and wonderful husband.

Weed for tomorrow
W:80
E:hopefully 30 minutes, maybe 45 minutes. Possible yoga if open
E: going to shoot for 1400, all colors
D:“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as **** don't deserve me at my best.”
― Marilyn Monroe

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-27-2015 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 11:40 PM   #132  

Hi Ladies,
First , warm thoughts and hugs to you easterners, I lived on the east coast for a couple of years and remember driving in white outs and 5 day power outages. The west coast is much kinder!

Carma, re Calif. I don't live there but could suggest your friend checking out Santa Rosa, in wine country not far from the coast, lots of rolling hills.

Mindy I just heard a Real Estate guy say the spring and summer months are when houses sell best so don't despair, but it is stressful having the feeling that you have to keep that "un-lived in look" just in case. Try simmering a pot with some vanilla in it when you know they are coming. The scent is one of those homey feel good things that help people feel right about a place. (hide it before they arrive)

Carma you deserve a medal for "duty above and beyond" and for keeping up with your WEED posts.

Kris, thanks for your positive, friendly comments. It is great starting to know you all a little.

Mindy, Try and remember that you are there for the kids, you can't win them all but even if only one life is changed by what you have taught, you have indeed made a difference.

Mavis, much as you hate to see your son leave, be proud that you have given him his "wings" and the strength he needs to succeed so far away from family.

W. good E. surpassed goal,E doing OK lots of salad today; D I will work harder at counting calories. fitband records I burn average 2100 and my intake should be 1252 but the darn scale isn't moving although my pants are getting baggy. I may go into the gym and weigh there tomorrow before the pool and hope there is a difference.

Stay safe all you snow bunnies, Mugs
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 05:48 AM   #133  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies!

I don't have much to report. After getting on my treadmill for 3 minutes, I had to stop because I felt sick. Spent the rest of the day in bed. Makenna has been not feeling well all week, I guess I got it. The scale is still moving in the downward direction!!

My ex-BIL is sending my nephew to live with his mom. (It is something both my sister and my nephew really want) He is 9 yo. So It sounds like next weds I get to fly him out to Maryland, then turn around and come home on Thursday (I can't get Friday off of work). A whirlwind trip for sure.

W 64 oz (workday)
E a few extra laps
E keep doing what I am doing, the scale likes it.
D Be happy.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-28-2015 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 06:43 AM   #134  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

This time, the snow largely missed us. Only about 6 or 8 inches here, so that was good. Must admit that from the couch, it is gorgeous. Much different when I know I don't have to go out. Dogs love it, they are running around like crazy. I may try to get a pic later to share with you ladies. They are saying we will get another 4-5 tomorrow and possibly another Nor'easter Monday or so.

Mugwump, Pants getting baggy is a better indicator than the scale anyway! As for my son, I know you are right. I think that as well. I am extremely proud of my boys. Both are standing on their own 2 feet so life is good.

Mindy, I don't know what the RE market is in your area, but it is true here that spring and summer are busier. Any feedback from folks who have seen it? I will hope you get a different principal for next year!

Carma, I feel for you, those big storms take a few days to get everything dug out. I will be retiring to somewhere I can shovel sand, not snow.
I love Marilyn, by the way, great quote!

Jeni, sounds like things are going well! Are both kids in band? The scale is moving for you! Yay! Are you still following the Skinny Rules?

Kris, We have missed you! Glad you are back! I am trying to relax a bit, ugh, not in my wheelhouse as a rule. How goes the recommit?

Doc did keep me out for another 2 weeks. Can only imagine what my desk will look like when I get back. Very sure my boss will be giving me lots of crap on that, but it is what it is. At least it will be almost mid way thru February so I've avoided lots of winter driving!

W 100
E Crunches, PT
E OP
D Stealing Jeni's - Control what you can.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:23 AM   #135  
mtiger

Wink

Carma- Glad you survived the storm. Hopefully you won't get anymore of that crap. We are supposed to get freezing rain tonight. Oh yay!!!

MM- Just keep enjoying the relaxation of being off work. I know I would for sure. Only 6-8 inches huh?? Lucky you. That would still be good for a few snow days.

Mug- Glad you are enjoying it here. Thanks for the positive thoughts.

Made it to Wed. No gym last night since we had several errands to run. Will hit it again tonight. Gotta keep that scale moving down.

Thank you all for the positive thoughts and good ideas. The only reason I can face going in to work these days is for the kids. I have the class form H***, they match the principal. I do have quite a few very sweet girls who are really trying their best. They are my lifesavers.