Old 01-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Jeni: glad it's draining. for the pictures. I lost most of my dd's first year to a computer crash.

Mindy: you are my hero with the gym.

Mavis: it was way too cold. 1 degree in my car. Didn't factor in windchill.

Kris: hope you got some you time.

Mugwumps: hope all is well

So one week into my weight loss 239.8 this am tomorrow is the work weigh in
Weed review:
W: 80
E: walk 30 on tm, 1 set of weights
E: 1670 I think. All 5 colors
D: slow and steady
Weed for tomorrow
W:80
E: afternoon walk
E: keeping it under 1400. Need to get some white in so far none on my planned day.
D: for all you girls today's d
“Friends are the family you choose (~ Nin/Ithilnin, Elven rogue).”
― Jess C. Scott, The Other Side of Life
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 11:12 PM   #62  

Hi Again, especially Jeni...don't throw out your photos if they are older ones sometimes they can be saved especially if they are really precious and older. Black & white photos are rinsed in water during processing they may curl but when they dry they can be scanned .Colour ones also are washed as part of the process so may be salvageable. Sorry to be away from topic but hate to see this kind of loss if it can be helped.
Today has been pretty good, got one of those fit bands and have 6600 steps but don't think I will get the rest in before bed but maybe if I stand up and walk watching TV. Made the oatmeal and egg white flour- less pancakes from South beach this a m surprisingly good and more than enough for 1 . Bok choy soup and devilled eggs with whole grain crackers for lunch but supper good intentions kind of fell apart but tomorrow is another day.

"You can't spend the rest of your life tiptoeing around to try and avert disaster. It won't work. You will just end up missing the life you have" (The Memory Keeper's Daughter) Kim Edwards
Remember laughing is exercise! Mugs
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:52 AM   #63  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Mugwump~thanks for the advice. I didn't make it far enough to see the pictures yesterday, Saturday is the day.

I am going back to work after 3 weeks off. I'm really not looking forward to it, I won't get anything done today. We have basketball at 4:30 for Tommy and 7:30 for Makenna. We only had 4 girls at practice last night, so we may have to forfeit. We made calls, and know for sure that 2 out of our 8 will not be there. Fingers crossed that we have 6 players.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-09-2015 at 05:53 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:27 AM   #64  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well Jeni- Your water has made it's way here to MI in the form of snow. Yep we got snow and cold therefore, no school today. Good luck cleaning up this weekend. I hope it's not too bad.

MM- Of course you are reaching your weight loss goals..even from the couch. Only you girl!! You are amazing.

Carma- Keep it up. You are on the right track.

Mugs- Glad you keep coming back. This really is an inspirational board.

Due to snow and blowing freezing wind we opted out of the gym last night. I was rewarded with a 2 pound gain. How does that even happen???
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:06 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Jeni, hope you've got enough kids to play tonight! Sending you good vibes for this weekend. Hope you are able to get it all cleaned up and put it behind you!

Mindy, snowing here too. Blech. At least you got a snow day though, gives you an extra day out of there~ Much warmer though at least, we've got 5 degrees today, better than the 20 below. 2 pounds up, salt, TOM ? I know how frustrated you are. Hang in there.

Mugwump, love your "D" bok choy soup sounds interesting!

Carma, you are doing awesome! Love your D too, good luck on the weigh in!

Kris, hope all is well! Hope you got at least a few minutes of "me" time!

W 100
E Got to think of something!
E POP
D At first they'll ask WHY you are doing it. Later, they will ask HOW you did it!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 05:07 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

Hi everyone!
I participated in the last thread until I had an injury at work and a house fire then a job change to top it all off! Had to sideline some things for a bit. Was hoping to rejoin the thread!
My last job had more walking than this one, so the weight loss definitely stalled and im getting over some food poisoning right now but happy to say Im feeling much better.
W: 100 oz goal today at least, still recuping from fluid loss. I was at 150 yesterday.
E: 10000 steps, easy to do at work usually, gone are th e days of 20000 steps.
E: soup, i will not eat popcorn when i get home from work at 2 am. Its my weakness!
D: just to have a smooth shift at work, still very new so absorbing all I can!

My goal for st pattys day is 10 lbs (189) id like to see the 180s.
Jeni im so sorry about your house, i hope there isnt too much damage!

Last edited by nickilaughs; 01-09-2015 at 05:08 PM. Reason: typo
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:01 PM   #67  

Welcome back Nicki! Sounds like its been quite a wild ride lately!
Injury, house fire and a new job? Holy cow! Any of those alone would be stressful, all 3, I can't imagine!
Old 01-09-2015, 09:04 PM   #68  

Welcome back nicki!
Mugwumps: I also love your d. Get back to the path tomorrow. New day.

Mindy: sorry to hear on the gain. Particularly when your doing everything right. Have you checked your thyroid? I can't remember if you have.

Jeni: hope basketball went well. Rest up for your cleanup day.

Mavis: 5 degrees wow, It got up to 30 today

Weed review
W: 80 oz
E: got the 30 minutes in and 20 knee push-ups
E: 1647 I think. All 5 colors
D: labwork tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I know my cholesterol panel won't look as good last year.

Weed tomorrow:
W: 100 is the goal
E: going to try to get 1 hr plus weightlifting
E: 1400. Late breakfast mostly vegan supper. We are playing cards with my neighbors. Fingers crossed for snacking control.
D: feeling good first week in. 51 more to go.
Old 01-10-2015, 09:50 AM   #69  

Jeni, thinking of you today, good luck getting the cleaning done, Hope your girls were able to play last night.

Kris, Hoping your absence means you are using your free moments to work on things you want to do for you!!

Mindy, Glad you got the extra day for your stress level. Hope you are able to detox from the awful work environment. Nothing your union can do about her? Sounds like everyone is as stressed as you.

Carma, you are doing so well! You've got the snacks under control for tonight, just bring something you can snack on to share!

Nicki, Minor fire or major fire? I know both are serious, but I remember in high school, our house burned to the ground. Terrible, awful time. Minor fire, still so much stress getting everything cleaned up! Ugh.

W 100
E Will be doing upper body kettle bell workout and 50 crunches
E POP, so far so good
D “There are only two options regarding commitment; you’re either in or you’re out. There’s no such thing as life in-between.” ~Pat Riley
Old 01-10-2015, 11:20 PM   #70  

Mavis: thanks for the vote of confidence. Sadly snacked heavy. I think it is okay to cheat once a week.

Weed review:
W:100 oz
E: none
E: 2600 calories. Missed my blue
D: tomorrow is another day.

Weed for tomorrow
W: 100 oz goal
E: 1 hr walk morning, weightlift, 20 minute walk evening
E: 1300 calorie
D: do not turn 1 bad day into two.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:37 AM   #71  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies.

Yes, we had enough players!!!! Yay. The game went well we will call 2 other families to remind them about the game tomorrow.

Clean up was quicker than expected. We did haul away 3 truckloads of water soaked stuff. BUT most of my pictures were safe. The ones that I tossed were mostly duplicates. I scrubbed the floor (cement floor) with bleach water to prevent mildew, but It will need to be done a second time on Tuesday. Not including my car I think there was about $8100 worth of damage. There were over 500 volunteers that showed up to help clean up the community. It was awesome.

W 64 oz
E Scrubbing the basement floor
E follow the skinny rules
D stay awake at work today.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #72  

Carma, you are not going to be perfect every day. It's all good. You are doing amazing!

Jeni, Sounds like clean up was way more positive than expected! Hope today's game goes well too!

Mindy!!! Yay on that run! Amazing you!

W 100
E Kettlebells again, crunches, stretch
E POP (Carma, had a salted caramel martini last night) delish, but not on plan
D “Most people fail, not because of lack of desire, but, because of lack of commitment.” ~Vince Lombardi
Old 01-11-2015, 09:15 PM   #73  

Quick weed review, getting stuffy and tired
W:64 oz
E:60 min walk, no weights.
E:1193 calories, missed white.
D: must get rest, can't afford sick.
Old 01-11-2015, 09:27 PM   #74  

Weed for tomorrow
W:80 oz
E: walk 40 minutes, yoga if I feel up to it.
E: 1400
D:
“Regaining health is more difficult an objective then becoming ill. Becoming ill is a random act of ignorance and regaining health is an intentional effort in frustration.”
― Richard Diaz

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-11-2015 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:27 AM   #75  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

So we decided to splurge Saturday night and go out for pizza. I knew it was a bad idea, but a treat once in a while is needed. Gained a bit more. Hit the gym on Sunday and did 99 minutes on the treadmill. I walk/ ran 7.25 miles. Back down to 177.6 today. I know that consistent workouts is what helps me drop. I have 2 evening meetings this week so I must hit the gym all other nights.

Jeni- Glad to hear damage wasn't too bad and clean up is going well.

MM- Working out are ya?? Kettle bells and crunches. How is the knee?

Carma- We all have days that are not quite stellar. Just pick up and keep moving forward.

Nikki- Glad you are here. Hope things are settling for you.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote