Old 01-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Ok I am back for the new year.
Carma here. 43 yr old wife of almost 20yrs. Mother to 12 yr old boy and 10 yr old girl. Became an orphan in 2013 and now have an aging f.i.l. That we financially had to bail out in 2014. This is one of many reasons I struggled in 2014. 2013 I lost 50 lbs. 2014 I gained 44 of that back. Seeing a counselor which is helping.
So we have a biggest loser challenge at work that ends 4/1/15.
My 2015 goals: weight loss 50lbs
Water: get back to 80 oz
Eating: Less processed, more fruit and vegetable.
Exercise: Get back into running, get focused on yoga, start weightlifting
Determination: get meditation under control, read at least 20 books. 2 hrs or less screen time 6 days a week. Get myself on a budget. Be in the moment.

My goals for st paddy's challenge: weightloss 10lbs b4 st paddy
W: 48 oz first week
E: 5 colors this week, start back on shakes.
E: get 5 days of walking in, 30 minute minimum. Yoga 1 day a week. Weight lift 2 days a week
D: baby steps
Love to you all in the new year.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-01-2015 at 01:21 AM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:13 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone, I am back here from a 2 year downward spiral where I got lost in a land of depression. I am 43 years old, married, 3 boys all on their own and a disabled nephew whomlives with me. In 2012, I lost 60 pounds counting calories and doing "The New Rules of Lifting for Women". I gained 80 since then. I am now on meds for the depression but trying to ween myself off. I need to do this for me and my health. So here I go again.

W I have trouble in this department so my goal will be 100 ounces
E I have to start out slow with exercise due to just having surgery but I would
Like to do NRLW again eventually.
E Eating 1500 calories a day worked in the past so I am sticking with that.
D My goal is to take it one day at a time and not let my mind get in the way.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 02:20 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Carma, welcome back! We've missed you

stlrsgrl43, Welcome, we are glad you are here.

Jeni, it went well! Now on to rehabbing, nothing for 2 weeks though. Laying on the couch with leg up. I have some books I've been wanting to read! I must have something on MFP screwy, it says none of my friends use it, was hoping to friend some of you so the idea of everyone seeing what I eat will keep my extra honest. Please friend me if you can (and don't mind)

Mindy, hope the party was fun!

Kris, thanks for checking on me! Let's do this!

w 100 again
e few kettle bells if i can
e pop
d focus on what I can do.
Read today!

Last edited by mothermavis; 01-01-2015 at 02:23 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #19  

Mavis: thanks for the welcome back. I am on MFP coks1130. I would add you but don't know your sign on.

Kris: it sounds like you and I are on the same track for running. I go out for my first walk today.

Jeni: what a great workout. I need to get off this and get out there.

Mindy: great job on the run, the diet will come. Have you had your hormones checked. With this 20 lb weight gain since my last sign on I am convinced I am only producing cortisol. I see my primary next week. I want to have them tested.

Stirsgirl143: sounds like we are having the same struggles. I hope 2015 brings you peace. I love my counsellor but she can't prescribe meds so that's on my list for my primary to address.

So 247 this am not ideal sleep weigh in conditions but it is what it is. I can't let 2015 mirror 2014. New year, new day. Going out for my walk.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:22 AM   #20  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Ladies..let 2015 begin. May it be a year of healing, good health (both mentally and physically) and great accomplishments. May all our dreams come true.

I said I need to actually set some goals. I got out all my old food journals and weight loss info for the last 6 years. I have come a long way and I don't give myself enough credit for that. I need to remind myself that losing 75 and keeping it off has been no small feat. That last 25 pounds will simply be a bonus. It will come off someday but for now I feel the need to focus on other things.

1. Keep paying down debt and contributing to retirement. I want to actually retire comfortably.
2. Eat better. Less processed food, more home cooked meals. We do that now but we can always do better.
3. Gym- back at it at least 5 days a week. Hold me accountable ladies.
4. Focus on increasing weights and new exercise.
5. Run. Must prepare for that half marathon.
6. Enjoy my life and my family. Life is too short.

I know these are not real specific, but simply some guidelines for my life. Bring on 2015.

MM- Happy to hear surgery went well. Enjoy your "reading time" on the couch. You will be back at it before you know it.

Carma- Welcome back and we are all pulling for you.

Jeni- have fun working out with the kiddo.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:17 PM   #21  

All good, back on low carb! That's what works best I think for my menopausal self, hope to be in ketosis by Sunday! Easier to get into ketosis when I am not exercising alot, so we'll get it moving in the right direction. Logged it all into MFP yesterday, did great. Looked at the scale today, but with anesthesia, IV and all, it's ugly. Staying off there til Sunday or so. I was happy to find a cheat to make MFP track carbs and fiber better!

Carma, I think I sent you a request. I'm not 100% so if you don't get it let me know! No pressure to accept either, completely up to you.

Mindy, I like your goals! One of mine is to write more in my blog, so I thnk I'll go over there to scribble mine down!

W 100
E maybe kettlebells, trying not to overdo, but a few curls should be good. The ankle rolls and crap the doc gave me
E POP day 2, it is so much easier without the work stress. Hoping to be past the cravings by the time I go back.
D Today is the first blank page of a 365 page book, write a good one.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:49 PM   #22  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Happy New Year Sisters!

Stlrsgrl - WELCOME! This is an amazing group of women committed to seeing each other through the tough stuff and encouraging each other. We're kinda sassy too. So glad you are here!

Mavie - Seriously, you take it easy. Read those books. Master a computer app or something while you hold down the couch. I need to get my C25K app you suggested going. Maybe you can help me via IM later! Love your D!

Mindy- great goals! And, as I've said before, you have kicked arse over the years. Keep positive and thank you for the lift off vibes for 2015. It IS going to be a great year for all of us!

Carma - Welcome back! We missed you. Lets start that walking today together. I plan to hit the pavement this afternoon and report back. We can do this. 50lbs too. One at a time. Focus on today. Tomorrow isn't here yet!

Jen - You are doing such a great job modeling good health for your kids. I loved reading that Tommy has become a crossfit king! Kudos lady.

Hubby and I are going to breakfast this morning, then Costco. Gonna clear out the cupboards of the junk today, reorg the NS food, and pick a healthy new recipe from pinterest to try. I have a couple of fun goals I'm adding to my list:

1. Take a picture a day. Not necessarily of me, but how much fun would it be to play back a slide show of transformation?
2. Cook a new meal once a week. You know I hate the Kitchen, but I want to get in it. Pinterest will be helpful here.
3. Do one Pinterest project a month. Whatever... paint a canvas, stain a piece of furniture, organize something. Just one a month.

So I'm off to shower and greet the day. Yes, I know its almost 10am where I'm at. We got snow in our valley (hello, unheard of here) and so the cold weather has really jacked up my SoCal energy levels; worse than normal.

Hope you beautiful girls look in the mirror and love yourself today, wherever you are. Count your blessing and go explore for more!

Happy New You!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 12:57 PM   #23  
Calorie Counter

Carma~ welcome back!!!

Stlrsgrl43~You are definitely in the right place! This group of ladies is awesome. We will support you, and understand you. I am restarting (again) after losing and gaining it back.

MM~I will try to friend you on MFP I have to figure it out. (my username is jcatron243 on MFP)

Mindy~Your list looks great! We will get through this year together!

Kris~ You too, lets get through this year together!!! Reduce the stress load, and find ways to work together.

Last night was too much pizza and margaritas! I didn't make my run either. I DID go grocery shopping and have a full fridge and cupboards of healthy wonderful foods (and recipies to use them).

Following the rules. Glass of water when I got up, one with breakfast of oatmeal with pecans, apple, and cinnamon. I am definitely not used to eating that much food in the morning.

W 16 oz of water before every meal (plus one first thing in the morning)
E Get that run in? or maybe workout with DH
E Follow the rules and the recipies
D Today I Will remember that I am more than a number on the scale. I will enjoy the New Year spending quality time with my family. I will live each and every day, in the day not in the past.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-01-2015 at 01:01 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 09:26 PM   #24  

Weed review for today:
W: 48 oz
E: 34 minute/2mile walk, weightlifting 1 set12 reps 11 exercises. 30 sec plank. No yoga
E: recorded all food. Over calories but recording was the goal. Missed green vegetable. I had some spinach go bad.
D: good day, read 1 short book.
Old 01-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Soon2beskinny, looks like we are starting at the same wieght right now. As far as meds go, I am on venlafaxine, doesnt seem to be working. If I had it to do over again, I would NOT, EVER take this medication. The side effects lf not taking it are horrible. I ended up on the ER, making do a head scan on me because I thought there was something seriously wrong and come to find out it was all because I quit taking it.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #26  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well ladies sounds like everyone is off to a good start. I spent the day being lazy and watching me some football. My workout for the day was jumping up and down and screaming at the tv while MSU played in the Cotton Bowl. Great game but terrible on my nerves. WE WON!!! WE PULLLED OFF THE WIN!!

Today I take down Christmas. That is my goal. Then go to the gym later with hubby. Scale still 177.2
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:28 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

I didn't get in my run (again) yesterday. I did do really well following the week 1 diet plan in the skinny rules, UNTIL about 8. BUT I did enjoy the food I made. I wasn't perfect, but I did do pretty well. I also planned out my week of food meals.

Today I will get in my workout! I will eat healthy. I will enjoy the day.

W 16 oz with every meal and snack
E circuit workout today (I didn't time my workout, but I know it lasted at least 45 minutes )
E day 2 plan is done.
D get up and move.

Circuit workout today:
10 bench(20lb) 10 squats(10lb) 15 situps(with 8lb medicine ball) 10 lunge(10lbs) 5 times
10 toss ups 10 twists (both with 8 lb medicine ball) 5 times
15 bicycles 15 oblique crunches 5 times
10 leg lifts(5lbs) 10 side kicks (5lbs) 10 thigh raises 5 times.

Last edited by jcatron243; 01-02-2015 at 01:27 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 10:57 AM   #28  

Morning all!

Mindy, I missed that game, but saw the highlights, looked like a good one. Thought of you when I saw your team won.

Jeni, glad you are doing well with your skinny rules! Meal planning is definitely an area where I have an opportunity to do better!

Steelers girl, Anything different they can do with your meds? That sounds awful!

Carma, Great job on recording everything and getting your exercise in and even reading! Good for you!

Kris, did you get out for your walk? Did you get to Costco? I can help you with the C25K whenever you want.

w 100, too much crystal light yesterday, plain water today
e just the stretches the Doc gave me
e POP
D Keep the faith!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:51 PM   #29  

stlrsgirl43: that sucks about the med side effects. That must be a new one. I haven't heard of it but will admit to being rusty on psych meds. I am going to ask for Wellbutrin. I have had good luck on it before. I like the fact that the writing looks like a smiley face.

Jeni: you seem to have your strength training down.

Mindy: glad your team won!

Mavis: congrats on staying under your calorie goal.

Kris: how goes the walking?

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 01-02-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:05 PM   #30  

W: 80 oz
E: none yet, going to inside walk and plank challenge
E: better today, still not all 5 colors. Counted all. Still hitting junk.
D: no meditation yet, going to try tonight after sending kids to bed.
“The mind can go in a thousand directions, but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace. With each step, the wind blows. With each step, a flower blooms.”
― Thích Nhất Hạnh