Old 12-24-2014, 12:16 PM   #301  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Morning chickies!

I'm finally on a down day! No plans. No to-dos. So here I am!

I am really excited for 2015. Going to do some goal setting this evening. My son is here for few days . Christmas gifts are purchased and wrapped. Saw my best friend (since 5 years old) last night (thanks Wendy on the pic!). And finally, ONLY ONE CHRISTMAS STOP THIS YEAR!

Mndy - I spent the last 20 years running between mom's, dad's, any significant other parents (sometimes split) and also trying to squeeze in my own at home unwrapping AND a traditional Christmas Eve with my maternal grandparents that always trumped everything. Those were some crazy a$$ stressfull years. This year my mom is in bend with my sister and the little ones. My dad moved to Missouri this year. I am on autopilot for visitation0 this year, and will just be in the car for my hubby's family. I hope you get to stop soon, and just soak it all in. I agree. We need to be here (I'm saying this to hear myself) for each other during this very challenging food season!

Mavie 2016 Tinkerbell is GOING TO HAPPEN. Although I have been away from here a bit, I have been doing a little research on getting my butt of the couch and moving without burning out. I will start walking for 30 days, just to get me out, and then start C25K in Feb. I want to run beside you and the other girls. What time is your surgery? I'll be saying some prayers and thinking about ya.

Jen, Diana, and Carma .

I bet a guy at work $100 that I could lose 50 lbs before he could. I realize my chances of winning are at odds with the ability for men to pull weight off, but I don't care. My motto 50 IN 2015. I can do it, and holy cow how would that change my life???? Really pumped to lock arms with you girls through our journeys next year!

Love you all, and Merry Christmas. I'll check back in a day or so!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #302  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Kris- Let's do this. We are in it together. According to me Fitbit I lost 11.3 pounds this year. I guess that is not too bad considering I only wanted to lose about 30. So if I lose another 11 this year I would be close to where I want to be. I think I can do this.

Hubby went to the doc and they told him to exercise more. He says we work out everyday after the new year. I'm in. 176 this morning...after Christmas dinner last night and making goodies with DD. Sending most of that home with family. Just a few cookies and PB Balls here. A little treat for me on Christmas.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 01:46 AM   #303  
The Sky is the Limit!

You got it, Mindy! 11lbs off is great! I am gonna pull out my BodyMedia Fit and get back to tracking myself. I can safely say I lost 9. But I lost it and then didn't do much else. I have 2-3 months of NS food still. Gonna hunker down starting tomorrow again. 11 lbs is fantastic. Again, look how far you've come since joining. You are incredible!

My Stepkid's grandpa (Hubby's ex father in law) had a massive heart attack and died tonight. Horrible, horrible way to have to remember Christmas day. We have the kids so had to break the news. Not a merry Christmas but my DS is doing well. My DSD doesn't really understand yet. I don't know that she will. Either way, they both know that God is good, and sometimes things happen that don't make sense to us, so we just have to trust that there is a reason. those kids a hundred times tonight. Strong young man my hubby has helped raise.

All you other ladies, hope your day was beautiful. Be back tomorrow to contemplate next thread kicker..... Anyone up for a St. Patty day benchmark? I need something else to focus on quickly!

Have a good night.
Old 12-26-2014, 07:37 AM   #304  
mtiger

Kris- Sorry to hear about the grandpa. Death is always tough. Hope the kids do okay. Girl ....start eating that NS. Way too much food at my house yesterday. I ate one serving of the main food. It was the sweets that killed me though. I had a few. Not that I over indulged, but more than a normal day for sure.

Going to the gym with hubby tonight. Weight is up a few pounds 178. I don't think ham helps much. It is pretty salty. It is what it is. Now it is time to get serious. One more party to get through on New Year's Eve. Lord help me.
Old 12-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #305  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Aw Kris, that is rough. to all of you.

Mindy, 11 off is great!
Kris, so is your 9.

I am pretty sure I did not lose a darn thing (back to say, nope, went back and looked and December of last year I was in the 160's too) but this year I will. Want to get to goal before 50 and I am running both a half and full marathon in the next 13 months, so the fitter I am, the easier it will be for my knees to hold me up!

I start today. NYE I'll be on the couch after surgery, so no party for me. My festivities are done! LC works best for me. I did combine with Somersizing before, that way if I really need carbs, can make a meal of them (think steel cut oats before long runs) but for the most part, carbs are not my friend. Probably because the ones I like are based in ooey gooey good and not nutritious at all!

I had the coolest "you've come a long way Baby" moment the other day. My running program asked me to be a mentor for a 5k program they are starting in March. The friend who brought me in to the program is going to be the coach of this group and I am going to mentor (run, cheer, encourage, FUN!) It's perfect to rehab my knee and ends at the same time our half training starts! I know our WEED group is aiming for 2016, but I am doing one in Saratoga NY in September and then I am doing the Disney Marathon in FL next January. (as long as I can get signed up before it sells out) Then the Tinkerbell with you ladies in May 2016!! Telling you right now, I think we need to dress up! Think wings!!

I don't know if I told you ladies, but I am thinking of getting a Tinkerbell tattoo and shooting out from her wand, little stars with 13.1 and 26.2 when I finish a half or full. Probably either on my thigh/hip or my left shoulder (right is already taken up with Harley wings)

OK, sorry for the marathon, all about my plans post!

Kris, St Pats is great with me. Names? Get Sham"rocking"!
Mindy, Jeni, Diana, Carma? good with a March goal?

BACK to FULL On WEED!!

W 100
E headed for the dreadmill in a minute, also YS bought me kettlebells for Christmas,, going to start a Kettlebell WO today too! He also got me a new Raquetball racket, hoping to play once or twice before Wednesday!
E OP, everything, food, and workout onto mapmyrun and MFP
D “Saying "Oh, I've already ruined my good eating for today. I'll just eat crap." is like saying "Oh, I dropped my phone on the floor. I'll just smash it till it breaks.”
― Dr Mike Moreno

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-26-2014 at 08:49 AM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:33 PM   #306  
The Sky is the Limit!

Thanks for the thoughts ladies. The kids seem to be okay so far. I'm sure it will be tough going back to mom's. Thier grandma has plenty of mental challenges of her own, and my hubby doesn't think she will last long with grandpa gone. She passed out in the hospital when he was pronounced dead, and she was taken into a room immediately following. Gonna be a rough healing.

Mavie - Congrats on the mentoring! What a great accomplishment and recognition of your inspiring spirit and nurturing character! I wish I was there to follow your lead!!! I thought the Tink was in August! better get my butt in gear! I think your tat sounds fantastic! Hope your surgery goes well. Again, praying for quick healing. Is that today?

Mindy - friggen parties. I think I am in the clear for the year. I do need to hammer down on NS. I promise I will break boxes open tomorrow. Today we braved the stores for after christmas decor sales and landed at a local buffet with the kiddos. Oye. I am in a carb coma. Gonna get up early tomorrow and move for 30 minutes. I have to start and just make it a priority.

I am looking forward to a short work week next week. 2.5 days. There are a ton of people on vacation, so hopefully it will be quiet. Still need to get goal setting in and break them into achievable bites. Looking forward to planning and WORKING the plan. Gonna charge my body media tonight.

Okay sisters, off to dream on pinterest a bit. Hope you ladies are all safe, and warm somewhere.

Niters!
Old 12-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #307  

Kris, I thought August for the Tink too, but then I think I remember Mindy or Jeni saying it changed. When I went to see about when signups would open for the marathon, I saw it was in May 2015, so we may have to be ready in May! Good luck with your NS today! You got this! I am with you on the short week, I work Monday/Tuesday, knee on Wednesday, then off for 4-6 weeks. As soon as the knee starts to feel getter, that will be awesome. It will give me time to get back on a healthy track with much less stress!

Mindy & Kris, what do you think of body media vs fitbit? Thinking of one or the other.

Mindy, Hope you are enjoying the vacation! We know how much you needed it. The baby looks like he's getting big already in your pics!

So ladies, share, what was your favorite present?
I am in love with my new Kitchen Aid mixer! Also the kettlebells!

Jeni, where are you? The river rock rug was very cool! Looked like you were busy getting ready for Christmas! Still playing BB?

Carma, Miss you!

Diana, Miss you too! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

Hope everyone comes back for the new year! St Pattys day goal next! Names?

W 100
E Either snowshoes or raquetball
E OP
D It's never too late to become what you might have been!

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-27-2014 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #308  
mtiger

Wink

MM- So what exactly did you do to your knee that requires surgery? Hope recovery goes well. I freak out about injuries sidelining my weight loss journey. You stay tough and really log the food during recovery. I have a fitbit. I like that it is small and everything can be done on my phone. It gives me some good info also. You have really become the runner among us. Good for you on the mentoring. SOunds inspiring.

Kris- Kids are resilient. They will be okay with your love and support. Enjoy the short week.

Ladies we will need to keep our eye open for Tink registration. Not sure how I am getting there since I don't fly. We shall see. The ham has passed through and taken it's water gain with it. YAY!! 176.4 this morning. My hump right now is 175. If I could only get to the low 170's life would be good.

I received new pearl earrings for Christmas. It is my birthstone and the pair I had were getting crapped out. These are beautiful. I have a wonderful husband. The first grandbaby will turn 1 on the 29th. Party for him tomorrow. Second baby is 3 months old. Yes they are growing like weeds. So cute!!!

Also St. Pats sounds good. Kiss me I'm Irish. That's what my husband tells me.
Old 12-27-2014, 12:34 PM   #309  

Mindy, I fell on the ice a while back. It has been bothering me for a couple of years. It was every time I got close to 2-3 miles, when I started the 15k training the summer, I got up towards 7-8 miles before it was really bad. Now, with the marathon training coming, had to have it fixed to be able to rack up that kind of mileage. Torn medial meniscus, optimistic that will be all!

It seems like most of the Disney races open between 7-8 months before the race. I signed up for an email reminder, so hopefully we can plan to get right in to sign up!!

I like the St Patty's Day goal. Just checked, 79 days so 11 weeks. What can we do in 11 weeks? I'd love to lose 1.5 a week and be 16 down!
Old 12-27-2014, 05:01 PM   #310  
The Sky is the Limit!

Start the St. Pats! I'm shooting for 20 lbs. I know this 1st 5 will come quickly so so I'll be 1.5 a week after that. Have a weekend planned march 27th with my bestie at her place in OC. We are both working to drop 20 before then.

I hope I can pull off the 1/2. I need start moving. I was reading something about them placing you based on official times from other races. I image you girls would start further in the pack, but I'll be bringing up the rear! Gonna look for some 5k, 10k, and get myself together so I'm ready to go. I've already mapped out what a 5k route near my house is. Doesn't seem impossible at all. More of a get out of the front door issue then anything. Definitively gotta keep our eyes peeled for the sign up! I know Jen is on the email notice too. I'll get on and we will just be sue we don't miss it!

All the pics from Christmas have been great! I so enjoy seeing everyone's family and little ones! Mavie - love your new motto on your FB profile! Searching for one for myself. Wednesday is knee prayer day. Got it!

I am the Scrooge who already took my tree down. Trying to get some normal back into the house before the new year starts. Feeling like I'm gaining on it.

218 today (ugh). Changed batteries in the scale. Forgot to charge the body media. Wendy, I. Probably would have gone fit bit just because I think it's less bulk than my body media. I do,like it though, and it will pull from MFP and is synced to my phone as well. I don't think you can go wrong either way. I think it's $7 a month for the subscription for online. I'm not sure. Gotta check back in.

Back later with 2015 goals. Be good, chickies!
Old 12-28-2014, 05:58 AM   #311  

I started our spring thread, come join us!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...-im-irish.html

Last edited by mothermavis; 12-28-2014 at 05:58 AM.