Old 11-19-2014, 09:25 PM   #241  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Evening Girls!

I'm finally off work at a decent hour and needed to come catch up! Hubby is gone a huntin' for a few days. House to myself. Perfect time to check in!

Mindy - That darn scale is being a pooper. I went to my well woman appointment and my PA said she finally went to eating no to VERY low carbs during the week, and then eats what she wants on weekends. She said she had tried everything, and that was finally what seemed to work. Took a year but she dropped her last 30. Just a thought. I know your are moving your booty so maybe tweek the carbs and keep the body guessing? Proud of you for making good food choices too. So hard this time of year. We really just need to have a plan of how to react when its in our face. Watching others place the crap in theirs, and not partaking is hard, BUT WORTH IT!

Mavie - I know this is a delayed response, but so glad your trip was awesome! Miss you too. I have a dream of us all getting to meet some day. We ALL have lots of life left! Keep up the exercise. may be you could play the carb trick too? I still think our inner and outter beauty trumps any number on the scale! Maybe we should measure our hearts!

Jen - Sorry to hear the girls game was tough. Those are character builders in the sense that your team got a good close up look of what NOT to be like. Still makes the heart cringe when others are being trained to play nasty. Hope Tommy's mouth is cooperating on the braces front. We have a newer metal mouth running around here to, and the youngest is well on his way to a shiny pair! Keep up the incredibly high energy mommy, coachy, worky, doctor visity schedule! If anyone can pull it off, you obviously can!

can't seem to scroll far enough for other ladies catch up! Need to end this and start a second post!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:37 PM   #242  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Second half....

Diana - are you still pulling off all of your steps? I saw the mandala comment but am missing how it the conversation started. I am going to google it so I can be smart and focused too! Hope your creative juices are flowing and you are getting a lot of time in the studio. I think about you every time I hit pinterest and check out art work! Hope you are doing well sister.

Britt - well? HOW GOES IT? We are around similar weights, trying to sneak back into ONEderland. I would love to crash through the barrier like a spider monkey quite frankly, but I'll take the small wins here and there. Looking forward to an update.

Golden - Where did ya go? We're here for you the minute you are ready sister!

So I have been good about NS. Down to 213.4 this morning. Fought myself to hit Micky D's today and grab a wrap. Instead I just focused on what I packed for lunch and although I ate MY ENTIRE PAIL clean, it was all decent food. Hoping for continued will power. Planning for moments that its wavering.

Got my genetics testing done last friday. Waiting on results. Worst case scenario, I'm positive for a gene mutation and all the girly parts gotta come out. Best case, I'm negative and I get to continue to deal with TOM. Not a fantastic consolation prize, but I'll take it. Work is balancing out a bit. I am being more diligent about having a plan each day. Still using bullet journaling and it really helps me come back to focus when I'm thrown. There's still just something about pen and paper and checking things off that makes me happy. I have found I'm not a to-do list app girl.

Well ladies, I hope you are all tucked in warm somewhere. That you have found a blessing in the small things today, and that YOU WILL ALL CONTINUE TO COME BACK HERE! Nighters!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #243  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Nice to hear from you Kris. I miss your quick wit and funniness. Glad NS is working for you. Just keep at it. You are really close to onederland. How's the smoking??

Gym last night. I have been doing intervals. I walk at an incline, run for a bit, trying to up speed, then go back to walking. It is torching some calories. Then I do weights each night. Some nights legs, others upper body. Planks yesterday with hubby..2 minutes, then side planks, 1 min. then leg lift 2 min. Scale is back at 176
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 02:09 PM   #244  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

W - 50 oz of water during the day and 16 oz available when I sit to watch tv
E - 30 mins minimum - 6 days a week
E - Journal all foods, clean eating & NO P.M. snacking
D -Focus on what you want.

Super cold weather and snow still on the ground with freezing rain as I text. Not sure if it's winter but am having trouble focusing on top priorities. Hope to do better starting today. DS is not coming home for thanksgiving. I suspect it is because he has a girlfriend. I guess it is what it is, so plan on sending a care pkg to him next week. On the positive side I completed my step goal for the year!! That was 10,000 steps x 365 days = 1,642 miles.

Kris, Awesome job on continuing with NS, . Good on YOU. I think I just mentioned that I had rediscovered my mandala coloring book and was enjoying it again. I am trying to force myself to finish a sewing project before I do more mandala, this is going no where . Need to look at my steps before sitting down for evening tv, thanks for the reminder.

Jeni, Nice workouts and focus with your busy schedule.

Mavis, I am envious you were able to go out for a run. Sounds like you are eating well and putting in some good work outs too! I am getting pleasure at watching my dh and his friend 4 wheeling on the iced over pond, I guess that is a good cold perk. They do have some fun.

Hugs to All.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:25 AM   #245  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Be back over the weekend to personalize things, but wanted to check in!

W 100
E crunches and stretching
E OP
D One thing at a time
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #246  
mtiger

Wink

Gym last night. Did incline walking and a bit of running. Back is killing me today. I don't think it liked the incline. Weight still the same 176. POO
Old 11-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #247  
Calorie Counter

Diana~ WTG!!!! great job on those steps!!!

Kris, it is so good to see you! Tommy's braces are fine. Mak needs them too thought. The pocketbook is hurting right now.

Mindy, I used to incline workout, but I am so afraid to do that on my own treadmill. I don't know why. I'm weird.

MM~glad you checked in.

Had Maks appointment with the Orthopedic surgeon. He didn't have answers for the lump, because the xrays showed nothing. IF it starts hurting again we will go in for a CAT scan. Otherwise do nothing.

BBALL practice last night was good. It wasn't as organized as normal. We tried to do stations, but 3 stations and 2 coaches didn't work very well. We booked the gym for Saturday for an hour with Tommy's team, so we will have a few coaches and focus a lot on technique.

BABY!! Well my idiot sister had another beautiful baby. CPS took him away (as did they did with older sister 2 years ago she is 3 now) My Mom has both kids. The baby is so adorable! (FYI idiot sister is biologically my cousin, who my mom started to raise when she was 10) This will be my mom's 3 round of raising kids. First my two sisters and me....When I was 18 years old she took in Anna at 3 months old (biologically idiot sisters sister) then idiot sister at 10years old 10 years ago. Anna is 19 now. So My mom is simply amazing. I will be doing everything I can to help her with the kids. Especially over the next few weeks with the newborn.

Weight today was 167.2. I cant complain, it is down from 10 days ago. Unfortunately with all of the running around today, I haven't gotten in a workout yet. Tommy has crossfit at 4 and Mak has Jr leadership at 5:15. I think I am going to drop her off then head over to my moms (she lives 45 minutes away) to give her a chance to take a shower. Her hubby will be home, but he is afraid of newborns, of course this one may be different.

Last edited by jcatron243; 11-21-2014 at 04:43 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:39 AM   #248  

Seriously, just lost my whole freaking post!

Hope all is well, my computer is telling me is restarting with important updates in 2 minutes. If they work, more later!
Old 11-24-2014, 07:24 AM   #249  
mtiger

Wink

Jeni- Yikes. SO she has children and CPS takes them immediately?? Is she mentally challenged?? Good luck with all that. WOW!!

Gym yesterday. Had a pretty fast run. Whenever I am under a 12 min. mile I call it good. Also did a variety of weight machines. Weight today?? Still friggin exactly the same 176. Can't seem to make it budge.
Old 11-24-2014, 12:43 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! I was just browsing through the posts and found this interesting thread. You have a good system going with WEED, but you youngsters are a little to active for this senior citizen. LOL

I noticed early in the thread that you had a discussion about how much water to drink and why. Here is an article that I saved that explains the importance of water for weight loss. Hope you find it as interesting as I did.

http://www.shapeupshop.com/weightlos...ight-loss.html
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #251  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~Sister lost her first child after they found signs of physical abuse. She refused to follow through with the steps it would take to get her back, including parenting classes, drug testing, and staying away from abusive relationships. She failed two drug tests after she first got pregnant with the new baby. After that she refused to take them at all, which in the eyes of the state is an automatic failure. On top of that she married a guy (not the baby's father) who has outstanding warrants in another state for drugs and domestic violence. That is why they took the baby away at birth. IF she follows all of the steps she can get him back. BUT if reunification hasn't happened within 12 months steps will be taken to terminate parental rights and allow for him to be adopted. Hi is such a sweet little guy. I wish I lived closer so I could help out more, but I have given my mom as many breaks as I could. I work the next two days, but 19yo sister will be home from college Tuesday night.

I have gotten in some basketball workouts. I LOVE playing with the kids. Coaching is so much fun. We spent a little extra time on Saturday night than we were supposed to, but the kids had fun. Maks game tonight! Wish us luck, it is against another tournament team. (they are tough, but It doesn't sound like they are poor sports). We will find out tonight!

Keeping up with my diet, but I forgot to weigh in today. OOPS.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:53 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

I am back from the dark places. Mentally better physically fatter. 238!
Started seeing counsellor, as a psychologist she can't prescribe. She has me working on little things to help with my organization and getting my kids to be more helpful and routined. She wanted me to back off my food focus and move more.
I went back to yoga tonight for the first time in 7 weeks. It was wonderful! She had a moving thankfulness where we paused and gave thanks after each pose end. She also focused on massaging the heart and opening up for forgiveness.

Welcome to golden, Britt and wanna.
Hi to you all, I missed you and am glad to be back.
Weed for tomorrow
W: 64 oz, this will be huge as I got only 24 most days
E: walk 30 minutes
E: going to try to go back to 5 colors, no calorie focus just whole foods.
D: be thankful, forgive.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 05:19 AM   #253  

Jeni, your Mom must be a saint. I'll keep her in my prayers! Hope Mak's game was awesome fun for all Was reading your comment about not weighing. I've been thinking of losing my scale for a month and just focusing on how things fit and such. Maybe!

Carma, Welcome back! It sounds like you are in a good place!

Mindy, awesome job!

Wanna be, great info, thanks! PS> We'd love to have you. WEED is an individual goal for each of us!

Kris, hope all is good!

Diana, that first holiday without the kid home is hard. I'm on my 3rd Thanksgiving without my older son and it still sucks. At least I know he's happy! It will also be the first since my Dad died. That, I expect will be hard too.

W 100
E probably none today, yesterday..elliptical, rowing and abs
E OP for the most part. Having cake and ice cream for youngest son's Birthday. Small slice.
D Life is good, not always fair, but good!
Old 11-25-2014, 07:26 AM   #254  
mtiger

Wink

Jeni- I hope all turns out well for the little guy. If sister was into drugs I pray there are no ill effects for the baby. Hard to believe some people can be so ignorant. I wish well for all of them.

Thanksgiving- Just another day of the year. My son works from 2-10 so not much chance of spending the day with him. We will get together Wed night for dinner. I am thankful he is working and is enjoying his new job.

My foot hurts..if it's not one thing it's another. This working out crap is dangerous. So last night I just walked and did weights. Scale today?? Exactly the same...stupid thing. 176.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #255  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies.

Maks game was great! We lost, but we held the team to 24-4 which was so much better than the 50-0 we played before. We watched that team from last week play, they were a lot calmer than they were. Tommy's game was fun too. They lost, but had a great passing game.