Old 06-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #1  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default 6 months until Christmas...

There are six months until Christmas... What sort of healthy Christmas present would you like to give yourself?

I would love to be at a healthy BMI for Christmas!

SW: 175.5
CW:
GW: 145

This is achievable but ambitious for me!

What are your goals? Let's use this thread to check in with one another and keep pushing one another to live well and rock a healthy body for all those Christmas pictures!

(If there is sufficient interest I would be happy to put together a spreadsheet...)
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 08:28 PM   #2  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

I would kill to lose 1lb a week or more. Technically that's 24-30lbs. I'd also love to be done with my CPAs.

SW: 188.6
CW: 188.6
GW: 158

That's a number I haven't seen for about... 3 years.
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:00 AM   #3  
Positive Focus

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Wow! You got me on this one. I have been looking ahead a few weeks but yikes! 6 months to Christmas! Oy! Where does the time go? (3FC is such a neat time capsule because for those of us that have been around for a long time, you can go back and read old posts from years and seasons ago.)

So, Santa, what I want for Christmas this year - I want to look back on 2014 as the year of "Annie." My year to have finally beat the demons that are keeping me overweight and to have a more positive body image and nutritional habits. I have made a lot of progress on this and want to just keep going with it and have it second nature by then. Of course, that's difficult to measure, so if I am doing that, then I would like to think that I will have lost at least 10lbs from where I am today, and workout at least 3 to 4 times per week at the gym and still be eating a whole foods diet.
BeachBreeze2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #4  
Eater of All Cakes

S/C/G: 214/ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

I looooooovee Christmas

I would like to lose 40-50 lbs before Christmas. I don't know how possible that is, but I sure would like to try

Fingers crossed for all of us!!
SophiasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:37 AM   #5  
Call me NNS!

S/C/G: 232.6/169.4/149

Height: 5'5"

Whew, 6 months! My original goal for Christmas was to get to 179 - which would get me out of the "obese" category and into "overweight". That's only 15 pounds away. If I keep on trend with what I've done so far this year, I should easily be able to surpass that (172 if I keep up the same pace!), but I'm not going to adjust my goal until I reach it

I probably won't be posting my weight in here as I do that in too many places already, but it was nice to re-think my goals and do the numbers. I'll probably come around as it gets closer. Thanks for posting this reminder!

Thanksgiving through NYE is really hard for me. In addition to the holidays, there's the birthdays...my dad, granddad, ME, mom, aunt, brother, ....I could go on. It's a long season of EATING. I am hoping to do better this year than last. One Christmas I actually lost weight! I just need to find that motivation again.
nonameslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 230/194.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Christmas wishes:

Loss of 40 lbs.
Finally feeling that I have lost enough weight to take engagement pictures with my fiance
New smaller clothing!
Running consistently 3x weekly

I think those are some of the major ones...
Madison81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 01:19 PM   #7  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madison81 View Post
Christmas wishes:

Loss of 40 lbs.
Finally feeling that I have lost enough weight to take engagement pictures with my fiance
New smaller clothing!
Running consistently 3x weekly

I think those are some of the major ones...
I also avoid engagement pictures because of my weight. I feel... like I'm missing something. I've avoided cameras for so long and I don't have many photo's, it's sad. I want to be happy at the wedding and not nervous of the camera. This is going to work this time!
kurisitaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:33 AM   #8  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Fun to hear that the six month milestone resonates with a few others.

Perhaps we could just chat and check in with one another every month or so? I'm not sure of the best use of this space, but I know that it helps me to have both short-term and long-term goals of this sort.

30 pounds... I know myself fairly well, and 30 pounds in 6 months is ambitious for me. But believing in that kind of outcome is one of the ways I'm working to make this time different.

Best wishes to all of us looking for something special at Christmastime.
SunnyMathChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:38 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

Six months is such a long time. I would love to be at goal by that point, but I am going to be nice to myself and set a goal for 35 pounds. That puts me just 10 under goal at 150

Good luck guys! And Merry Christmas! lol
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote