Old 07-24-2014, 11:37 AM   #211  

Great articles and suggestions Munchy. I have only kayaked once since I've been back to the USA, but is was wonderful. Hoping to do it a bit more all of next week as the weather is supposed to be warm and sunny all week - than back to Canada the first week of August. I did swimming laps Tuesday, and I'm really sore!! No, I will not be using meds - I'm changing to a nurse practitioner psychologist that I've used in the past. I will try to keep busy, in fact, I am now filling out applications for volunteering at the local YMCA when I am here from the fall to spring. I have a couple of ideas for teaching classes, working with over weight older women or teens, and helping coach youth swim team. I am practicing lots of self talk but so far, not working.

How are you doing?
Boultbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

HEY TANQUITO:
I think we all tend to melt in the heat. I definitely do. Add humidity and a few hot flashes and I'm a zombie, lol. Ever wish you could vacation in one of the villas (employee discount or perk)? I bet they are expensive. Most people would want a change of scenery for vacation (and away from the work place)

The "Shred" sounds like an ambitious goal. You are doing well - hang in there. Hope the weather becomes more comfortable soon! We are in the first day of a heat wave here, so I'm aiming to make the best of it.

BOULTBEE:
Volunteering at the YMCA sounds like a great idea. Funny how you have to jump through almost all the same hoops to volunteer that you do to get a paying job. I guess I can see how they have to be careful these days, especially anyone around children. Are you still playing piano at the hospital?

I'm still strugging to get back on track, but I haven't given up. Researching and deciding on my health insurance choice was driving me crazy, so I had to step away from it for a few weeks. Got to return to the issue and make a final choice in the next 2 weeks. I'm very unhappy about losing all my doctors and the problem with finding a good choice for a doctor that takes the ObamaCrapCare. I won't drone on about it, but it sucks big time. The information provided is inaccurate, the choices of doctors and facilities are inadequate and this is with the only Platnium PPO choice.

Got to get busy and accomplish something today. It's going to be a hot one. Catch everyone later.
Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:48 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 220/189/160

Height: 5'7"

Here's the menu for next Monday's board mtg:
Marinated Shrimp
Steak Salad w. Caraway Vinaigrette & Rye Croutons
Corn on the Cob
Peach Cobbler w. Ice Cream

Of course, I had to preview the steak salad; Oh, yeah!
Recumbent Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #214  

S/C/G: 213/155/120

Height: 5ft

Level 1 of 30 Day Shred wasn't as hard as I expected it to be. Although I did shave a few seconds off here and there to wipe the sweat from my face. I also used heavier weights than the last time I did it and I can certainly feel that on my arms.

Today my friends that own the villa are signing up for two more properties - apartments this time so not quite so much cleaning!
tanguito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:48 PM   #215  

TANQUITO:
Good Job with 30-day Shred. It is a good sign that you had a good start and used heavier weights!

JO:
The menu looks delicious. I occasionally marinate tritip steak, stir fry it and use it in a salad. Yum, Yum.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:05 AM   #216  

WEEK BEGINNING 7-27-14

MOVING ON FROM LAST WEEK'S ASSIGNMENT - TAKING INVENTORY: If you haven't had a chance to do last week's assignment yet, suggest you take the time to do it.

Next, zero in on what broke down--any surprises here? By understanding the obstacles that tripped you up, you'll be able to avoid them or overcome
them as you get back on track,

Evaluate the Obstacles
Fear, low self-esteem, and negative body image are examples of obstacles that can hold you back. These thoughts and emotions can undermine your self-worth and self-efficacy.

When negative thoughts and feelings are in control, they make you vulnerable; you may even subconsciously seek out an opportunity to be knocked off track. And, like a self-fulfilling prophecy, you end up quitting your program. Common situations that trip people up are work deadlines, injuries, illness, holidays, relationship issues, and plateaus.

Look for answers that will keep your breakdown from happening again. Start with these four questions:

1. Fear: What am I afraid of, if anything, about losing weight? Could fear be the source of my self-sabotage?

2. Negative Self Image/Body Image: Am I battling myself? Do I not give myself credit despite my efforts to lose weight?

3. Deprivation: Was I feeling physically or emotionally deprived while I was on track?

4. Support: Did I lose my support system that I was using for accountability?

Get out a journal and spend a few minutes thinking about each question above and write down as many thoughts as you can. Be as honest as possible.

EXERCISE ASSIGNMENT THIS WEEK - LET'S DANCE!

Pick and choose from the list below and/or perhaps from a favorite dance workout DVD. Let's have some fun! You can even pick up some new dance moves from the workouts below and then dance to your own music. Let's rock the week!

It has been suggested that we choose a common day/time for a team dance-a-thon. How about Saturday? (or maybe Friday evening?) We can start a separate post to come up with the best time.

10-MINUTE DANCE WORKOUT - Louis Van Amstel of Dancing With the Stars: Copy and paste this address into a browser window:
http://www.fitsugar.com/10-Minute-Da...rkout-26351382

Note: The one above won't link properly, so you have to copy and paste the address. The other dance workouts below are links.

BURLESQUE DANCE WORKOUT

DANCE PARTY WORKOUT (30 Min.)

DANCE YOUR WAY TO A SEXY BUTT (10 Min.)

GET FIT WITH GETTING DOWN WITH ZUMBA (10 Min.)
Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 173/168.8

Height: 5ft 2in

I love dancing so really looking forward to trying out these workouts
aryastark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #218  

Quick question: is there a specific day we update our weight in the spreadsheet or can we add it in anytime?
Old 07-27-2014, 10:39 AM   #219  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Weighed in at 209.2 today! Very excited to be less than 10 lbs from Onederland!!!

Could someone please update the spreadsheet? Thanks!
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:13 PM   #220  

HI EVERYONE! HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD WEIGH-IN

WVUCHICK:
Congrats on you loss this week! Entered your stats.

ARYASTARK:
The official weigh-in day is on Sundays, but make it work for you. If you have a different day of the week that you prefer to weigh on, you can use that day. You would just be early or late on the weigh in. So, if you weigh-in on Fridays, you can put your Friday's weight on the new sheet when it appears on Sunday morning. If you like to weigh on Mondays, then wait until Monday to weigh. Best to weigh no more than once a week and make it the same day of the week.

Glad you like dancing. You might find some other workouts you like on the Fitsugar website.

Munchey
Old 07-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #221  

Old 07-27-2014, 05:44 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 220/189/160

Height: 5'7"

Momof2boys, Munchey, and Wvuchick, -great job on weight loss this week!
Recumbent Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:46 AM   #223  

S/C/G: 246/201.2/150

Height: 5' 3"

Thanks!

And Thanks for the dancing vid sites. I can actually watch those on my work computer so I can do them at lunch! Yay! I love to dance but am awful at it, so I'm glad I have a door on my office. LOL!

I'm having trouble with the mental challenge. My only downfall is the motivation to lose weight. It's hard and takes work, sometimes you just get so tired and that is really my only downfall. I really don't have any fears of losing weight and if anything I have a healthy self image, because regardless of my weight I always feel like I am smaller than the number on the scale says.

Well that's it for me. Have a great day ladies.
wvuchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 05:13 PM   #224  

WVUCHICK:
Glad you like the Fitsugar website. They have a lot of short workout videos you might like as well. Cruise around when you have the time.

The mental exercise this week is more suited for me than you, as you are doing a great job of keeping on track. You are right, it is hard work. That makes it doubly bad when you slip and aren't able to get it back together before you do too much damage.

I sometimes have the delusion that I'm smaller than I am. If I avoid the mirror, I can savor it for awhile, lol.
Naughty
Old 07-29-2014, 10:15 AM   #225  

I lost 3.2 lbs this week so very happy with that, I'm posting from my phone so i'l update the weigh in sheet as soon as I can. Well done on the weight loss everyone. The mental challenge will be a difficult one for me as I have a lot of negative thoughts that sabotage my weight loss, I'll sit down with this tonight when it's quiet and read through it.