Old 08-07-2014, 12:39 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 250/192/140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aryastark View Post
Finally properly back on my feet today, my legs and bum were in so much pain the past two days but thankfully it was nothing serious. I haven't been able to update my weight as my scales has broken, i'll hopefully replace it at the weekend and be able to enter my details then.

ARYASTARK:
Glad the pain is getting better. Sometimes, I find that a nice warm bath with some epsom salts helps ease the soreness. I add a few drops of lavender oil as well. It has helped me out when I get so uncomfortable and can't sleep.

I've had problems with digital scales. They seem to become inaccurate after awhile. I threw on away and bought another one, but it ended up doing the same goofy thing - initially weighs you 5-6 pounds heavier. You have to step on it multiple times, for a few practice weighs, get a zero reading and then weigh for a reasonably accurate weight. Hope you find a good scale that works for you.

Munchey
munchey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 10:09 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 213/155/120

Height: 5ft

I've moved on to Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred as my thighs couldn't take any more of Level 1. They're still feeling it in Level 2, but the outside this time. I should have much better legs if I keep this up, lol.
tanguito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 PM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanguito View Post
I've moved on to Level 2 of the 30 Day Shred as my thighs couldn't take any more of Level 1. They're still feeling it in Level 2, but the outside this time. I should have much better legs if I keep this up, lol.

Keep up the good work! Good job on making it work for you!

Munchey

Last edited by munchey; 08-09-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08-09-2014, 03:18 PM   #244  

WEEK BEGINNING 8-10-14

OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE NEW WEEK

WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL FOR?:
Post about what you are thankful for. It is suggested that you post at least three times this week
and list 2-3 things you are thankful for.

Per Dr. Andrew Weil
Gratitude Journal: Gratitude is shown to help ward off depression. So keep a journal and during the day make
mental notes of the things you are grateful for – simple things such as friendship, a sunny day, a good cup of coffee,
anything at all. At night, jot them down. By doing this for just one week, you can boost your entire mood for up to 6 months.

PHYSICAL EXERCISES:

3 MOVES TO GIVE YOUR TA-TAS SOME VA VA VOOM
http://www.fitsugar.com/Exercises-Na...Video-32237998

BEST ARM EXERCISES WITH WEIGHTS
http://www.fitsugar.com/Best-Dumbbel...photo-35177433
Old 08-10-2014, 05:20 AM   #245  

My weight is finally going in the right direction - yay! I'm down a pound but still very slightly over my starting weight. Will have to put that right this week.

Hope you all have a good weigh in.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:00 PM   #246  

TANGUITO:

You go girl! You are doing great!

Munchey
Old 08-10-2014, 05:14 PM   #247  

HEY CAMPERS! WE CAN DO THIS! LETS MAKE IT A GOOD WEEK!

HERE ARE THE THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR
I'm thankful that I live in a state with a good climate.
I'm thankful that I have my own house
I'm thankful that I had a good job that left me with a pension.

SOME POSITIVE AFFIRMATIONS:
I have the power to control my eating!
I feel better when I exercise on a regular basis.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:12 PM   #248  

Well I've given my exercise a miss today as I've spent the whole day cleaning and preparing the 5 bed villa for people arriving. I've done 15,000 steps and I've only been at the villa all day!! Having said that, I did have a pizza and a couple of glasses of wine on my way home.

Tomorrow I'll be back at it!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:43 PM   #249  

Tanguito:
You got in a lot of steps that probably neutralized the pizza and wine. Tomorrow brings a new opportunity!

Naughty
Old 08-11-2014, 08:25 PM   #250  
Slowly but surely

S/C/G: 195/ticker/145

Height: 5'6.5"

Hi!

Now that Comcast has decided I'm worthy of internet again I can finally contribute! Yay!

I'm thankful for my awesome, supportive family and friends
I'm thankful for my career.
I'm thankful for my cute, purry, snuggly fur kid who always makes my day better.

Positive affirmations:

I've run a half marathon once, I'm going to do it again.
I'm awesome, no matter how much I weigh. I'd just prefer my awesomeness to be more concentrated.
airplanejane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 PM   #251  

AirplaneJane:

Good to see you again & glad you have cable back!

Great thankful thoughts and positive affirmations!

Munchey
Old 08-13-2014, 02:05 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 220/189/160

Height: 5'7"

3 Things I am thankful for:
All of you so I can keep motivated
The beauty that surrounds me every morning (and cooler summer temps. this year)
Juicy red ripe tomatoes, right from the garden.

I'm not so good at affirmations, but here's one- I deserve to set aside the time it takes to exercise. BTW- I loved Airplane Jane's 'concentrated awesomeness'! -made my day.
Recumbent Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #253  

I tried a new exercise class today and really enjoyed it. Its called Body Jump and is carried out on a trampette or mini trampoline. Never having been on one of these before I had no idea what to expect. At the end of the hour I was dripping in sweat and as red as a beetroot, but I loved it! It doesn't have as much impact on your joints as normal aerobics as you're jumping on the trampoline and not the floor. It was a trial lesson and I can't wait for when it starts up in earnest as I will definitely be there.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:33 PM   #254  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanguito View Post
I tried a new exercise class today and really enjoyed it. Its called Body Jump and is carried out on a trampette or mini trampoline. Never having been on one of these before I had no idea what to expect. At the end of the hour I was dripping in sweat and as red as a beetroot, but I loved it! It doesn't have as much impact on your joints as normal aerobics as you're jumping on the trampoline and not the floor. It was a trial lesson and I can't wait for when it starts up in earnest as I will definitely be there.

TANGUITO:
The trampoline class sounds like fun! I had a mini trampoline many years ago, before they became popular. I was living in an apartment at the time, so i eventually gave it away (because it was in the way). From what I saw in the recent pas, about the newer versions, is that they are more sophisticated.

I actually thought about getting another one a few years ago. I know that they are kind on the knees, but since I have a major problem with one knee, I held back from getting one. I seem to have lost my "shock absorber" completely in one knee and I easily get to a point where I can't bend it without a lot of pain. If I have an opportunity to try a trampoline somewhere, I may give it a test run sometime in the future.

Have fun with it! I can see that it could be a lot of fun in a class.

Naughty

Last edited by munchey; 08-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-16-2014, 08:36 PM   #255  

WEEK BEGINNING 8-17-14

MENTAL ASSIGNMENT

GO OUT ON A DATE WITH YOURSELF, OR REWARD YOURSELF

Enjoy your own company and go on a date with yourself. Whether it's a spa you've been dying to try out or a movie starring your biggest crush, indulge a little. Get dressed up and spend a little extra time on your hair before you go. Or you can even do something simple, like buying bath salts and putting aside some time to create your own home-spa or bringing home a bouquet of flowers. The idea is to take notice of both small and big accomplishments in your life. Small gestures will not only build your confidence, but they remind us of how special we really are. Just remind yourself, that yes, you deserve it!

PHYSICAL EXERCISE FOR THIS WEEK

18 Moves to Terrifically Toned Inner Thighs

http://www.fitsugar.com/Inner-Thigh-...33054#photo-10

It's Inner Thigh Week! Pick and choose which of the exercises work for you. There are a lot to choose from, so pick the ones you like. There are also a couple of video workouts that you can find after you look through the individual exercise photos.