Old 07-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #241  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

So weigh-in was good yesterday. I was 178.4 at home. I have lost 6.4 pounds at WW. It has only taken 13 weeks but hey. Today I am 179 and that's okay. No running yesterday and we did go to Culver's. No ice cream though.

Yesterday we cut down my beautiful wheeping cherry tree, which unfortunately died. Then we had the pleasure of getting the stump out. Today we go to the gym.

So I signed up for a 5 mile trail run in Sept. It is called the Woodstock Flower Power Run. It is a whole weekend of running events, music, yoga, peace and love. Sounds like a good time. SO I need to be in serious training mode.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #242  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Friggin password nightmare!!!!!

Hi sisters. Sorry I was gone so long. Scale is up to 217 this AM. I have been bad, and busy and bad. Here'e my confessional.

Smoking again (moron) about 2 months. What started as "just on vacation" in May turned into a stress crutch. Picking up some Nicorette lozenges ($10 off coupon was in my face this morning) this week. Quit day is August 4th... because...

We never got to having the yard sale. Its coming this weekend. If anyone walked in my house that didn't know me, they would remove me from this hoarders den. We ended up with too much "stuff" to process for the weekend we had planned, and I am ONLY DOING THIS ONCE!

Lastly, we snuck in a last of the summer Havasu trips with kids. It was good, I am just feeling overwhelmed.

So I'm here. Sorry for marathon post. I had also delayed my second month NS deliveries. Money is tight as hubby has no work. THEN IT HAPPENED. I checked my bank account, and NS had charged, and shipped yesterday - I forgot to further delay. Another sign that I need to get back to good. So here I am.

You ladies are crazy house/garage painting fools! I hope you are enjoying the fruits of your labor!

Mindy 170's chick! YES! So much work, but it paid off. Hold tight lady. That whole no chew diet may be the ticket. Ultimately I hope your tooth is back to good though. You need to be able to chew your veggies!

Mavie - DAISY... I love her. From afar. So stinkin cute. My lump of a dog and his side kick are turning into death trap trip hazards in my new house. OH, and we put our old place on the market last Sunday. Pray it sells soon. Between the note and the utilities, it will put about $2200 A MONTH back into my bank account!

Jen - Busy girl you are! Good on ya for teaching Tommy to cook (or at least providing him with the gene that likes to cook). Glad to hear the teamwork continue with hubby. You two are a strong force!

Diana - Ahhhhh. Crafts. I seriously can't wait. When we cleaned out the barn at the old place, hubby uncovered all of MY power tools, saws, drills. He was a little astonished that I owned better stuff than him! I have been trying to stay away from Pinterest. It makes me want to save everything and turn them into projects. Your tea pot tower is adorbable! Keep calm and CREATE!

Well ladies - 5 to 10 for myself. Okay. I can do this. I need to be here.

WEED for week 7/27
W - 80 a day
E - This week will be running room to room pricing, sorting, prepping
E - NS on point. Logged.
D - You can do anything, you just can't do everything.

Have a blessed Sunday ladies. Thanks for being here.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mindy, yay for the 170's! If I were near you, I would SO LOVE TO DO the Flower Power run with you!! That sounds awesome!!! Thanks for the compliments on my fam! I surely am proud of those men I call my babies!

Jeni, Love that Tommy made dinner!! Keep that boy cooking! I liked the pics of the painting, your new colors are great!

Kris, Welcome back! Glad you are here Quitting smoking was one of the hardest things I ever did. You can do it!!

W 100
E ran my 5 miles this am, some crunches and some stretching, I'm done
E OP logging it all into MFP
D Sunday funday!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:50 AM   #244  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- SO glad you are back.....now to just keep you here. I think if you go missing for more than 3 days I should come find you. You eat that NS food and and chat with us. You can do this.

MM- 5 miles yesterday? That is what I think I need to do today. Must check the weather to see if rain is coming again.

Watched my DD 2 dogs for 5 days. Add in my 3 who are on meds due to their dental appt. and my house has been crazy. Time to clean up the dog fur.

Stupid temporary crown broke and came off while eating baked Lays. And my appt isnt until Aug.12. I think not!!! Scale today 178..
Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #245  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mindy- Mavie thanks girls. I'm definitely battling a good case of the screw-it's.

215.6 this AM. Day started off well but went to **** in a hurry. Found myself launched into a gooey pan of take out lasagne and know I will regret it in the morning. TOM arrived Friday and has depleted me like crazy. Tomorrow is a new day.

Struggling a bit with my 25YO. He works part time and is still chasing the baseball dream. He helps when asked but still lacks awareness of cleaning up after himself like an adult. Hubby is frustrated. I get frustrated. I just want everyone to do their part. Can't be the boss at home and at work. Gonna talk to the kid and get expectations on the table all the way around.... Again. Any advice is welcome.

Sorry for the venting. Guess I'm just in head clearing mode.

Mindy I'm sorry to hear about the rogue tooth that wants to make you miserable. I have a dentist appointment tomorrow and will be thinking about ya the whole time. Hoorah for the scale. Hold fast my friend.

Mavie girl - nice runs. I so want to get back to exercise. I need start working for that tinker bell next August. I want to do it with you and the girls!

Jen, Diana and carma ... Hope you girls are well. Be back tomorrow to check in. At least I got here to in a row.

Good night chicks!

Last edited by Nixmom; 07-28-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:36 AM   #246  
mtiger

Wink

Kris- I sometimes feel that Young Adult children are the most difficult. My son is living with GF and has been unemployed for about 6 weeks. GF is paying the rent but bills with my name....(guess who's paying those). He is not very motivated and gets annoyed when I push him a bit. He applied for a job yesterday that I am praying he gets. Kids!!!!

SO my temporary came off SUnday and my dentist is on vacay for 2 weeks. Luckily he had a friend on call and they got me in yesterday and put on my permanent. YAY!!! I am one happy girl. It feels good.

I am also thrilled with the scale. I have been logging alot of miles. 5 yesterday. I did fast slow fast and did pretty good. I was not too concerned about how long I needed to go slow to recover. Today 177.4. Did ya'll hear that??? That was the sound of me yahooing this morning.

I also started taking Indole 3 Carbinol. It is supposed to help balance out the estrogen that like to store fat in our bodies. I don't know if it is the supp or the running but something is working. Must stick to it.
Old 07-30-2014, 05:44 AM   #247  

Kris, kids are a PITA. I love mine dearly, but they sometimes remind me why other animals eat their young. Maybe a simple chore list, or just dump whatever he leaves around in his room and close the door. I was a big fan of closed doors. Then I did not have to look at it.

WE ARE DOING THE TINKERBELL, SO GET YOUR ARSE IN GEAR WOMAN!

Mindy, for the 170's!! You rock!!! Glad you finally got crowned!

Jeni, I am assuming work days? Ugh. Hope all is well on your side of the country!

Diana, Carma? Where are you?

OK, crazy scary night. Daisy got into the herb garden and ate some chives (read onions, read toxic) She was extremely sick, both ends, lethargic ugh! Several hours of **** followed by almost no sleep, she is much better this AM and I am off to take a nap and go to work a couple hours late!

W 100
E running with my group tonight, speed work, so is not my strong suit, but I can only get better
E POP just had a handful of homemade granola I bought at the farmers market this weekend. It's awesome!
D Counting my blessings
Old 07-30-2014, 07:38 AM   #248  
mtiger

Wink

MM- I hate when my dogs get sick. Scary. Glad she is feeling better. SPeed work today huh?? Now that sounds like a ton of fun.

No workout yesterday..it was rainy and cold, plus I had a lunch date. Gotta get back out there today. 2, 3, 10 miles......I dont know. Scale up a bit today 178.2. Not bad for no workout and eating out.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:29 PM   #249  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Mindy, WOW the 170's - Congrats and good on you for your perseverance. I don't run but the Woodstock Flower Power Run sounds like some awesome fun. So glad to hear you have your permanent crown in. Sounds like you have put in a good amount of clean time on your house. Good luck with selling it.

Jeni, Awesome job on weight maintenance, you got some good habits formed to do this. I am so jealous that your hubby is cooking - wow, that is one chore I would like to share with my bubby(but not holding my breath anytime soon). It is hard to be inspired/make a decision on what to cook. I am lucky my guys are not picky eaters. Good to hear you have your kitchen project done and will be weeding again.

Mavis, your WEED is so on task, how do you do it? Keep up the good work! Darn why did those herbs taste good to puppy. So glad to hear she is doing better today.

Kris, your own power tools, you rule. And yes, pinterest can be dangerous, lots of great ideas. Hope you are ready for that garage sale and do well with getting rid of things this weekend. I have been getting rid of a few things every week, probably a good habit to keep up.

As for me, the heat still has my mid day slowed down to stopped. I've been cleaning rugs, floors, drapes and throws. Hoping I can get ds to dust and vacumn furniture for me. Still working on craft projects for myself, for a friends barn warning and for our garden club. Today 4 of us gardeners put 15 fall bouquets together. All were different and amazing how much materials we went through. Our group needs to make 15 more for the event in sept(Oregon Cycle). The next 15 will be in canning jars held by horse shoes, should be interesting. The air conditioner in my art studio went belly up on me, ugh. Not sure what to do, I want to get back to painting in August. Struggling with finishing my last crafts because of the heat and may just have to put them off till cooler. I am totally off program, so have started with one small step, taking morning vitamins. Water not bad, so next I want to start some type of exercise, then I will consider myself weeding again. Wish me luck and maybe give me a kick in the arse to get me started.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 05:54 AM   #250  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies!!! Yes it has been a work week. My kids are off to camp, So my mornings have been spent sending them e-mails and my evenings have been great time with Will.

I'm still trying to get my house back in order, but with work it is kind of hard. Will and I will get to it on Saturday I'm sure.

It happened ladies, my little baby girl became a "woman" (she is only 11) Right in time for camp this week. AAAAK! She was cool about it because we have talked a lot about it. But I did come home early from work on Sunday so I could answer any questions

Mindy~Congrats on getting into the 170's!!!

MM~I am so jealous of your runs (yours to Mindy!) I am in desperate need of a run.

KRIS!! So glad to see you back again.

Diana~ Great small step!! Vitamins are very important, and Water is essential in the heat!!!

I plan on running tomorrow, but maybe I will dust off my treadmill tonight!

Last edited by jcatron243; 07-31-2014 at 05:54 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:40 AM   #251  
mtiger

Wink

Chilly morning here. It has been getting down into the low 50's at night, and low 70's during the day. I am not complaining. I like it this way. Got in a run yesterday and hopefully today and tomorrow. Weigh-in on Sat at WW. I would like to lose something.

Diana- Here's a question for you. On Pinterest they have these beatiful mosaics done on rocks. Now I think they just glue pieces on the rock and grout right around them...not over the whole rock. Whatcha think?? Delphi glass has a class on mosaic garden table. All supplies plus instruction for $95. I want to take it.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 AM   #252  
The Sky is the Limit!

Good morning girls! Glanced over posts. No time for personal, but I will be back later!

213.6 this AM. NS got here so I'm trying to stay focused.

Have a great day. (Can't wait to get back!)
Old 08-01-2014, 07:28 AM   #253  
mtiger

Wink

Quicky two mile run after cleaning yesterday. Scale 176.6 Can't complain about that. I am hoping that I have come across something that works. Not sure if it is all the running, the WW points or the Indol 3 Carbinol I started taking. Dr. Oz claims that it helps us balance hormones instead of our crazy estrogen trying to store everything as fat. I don't know but something is working so I will just keep doing what I'm doing.

Showing our house today. Wish us luck.
Old 08-01-2014, 10:30 AM   #254  

Diana, consider your butt kicked into weeding! Thanks for the compliment too, now if I could just not self destruct when I get headed in the right direction~

Mindy, yay for 170's, good luck with the showing today!

Kris, holding you to that, get back here! Good job with the weigh in!

Jeni, that's for Mak growing up. Hope you got a run in~

W 100
E Got my run on!!
E POP, sticking with it
D Off til Wednesday
Old 08-01-2014, 10:46 PM   #255  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

So I got some photos of two finished projects. The Welcome to our barn is for a friend having a barn warming for a new horse barn next weekend. The paisley designs in the tree trunks is where the bark got sunburned in the winter and pealed off. These trees are close to my garden so the color adds to the area. These trees all have several bell windchimes each also, so tinkling and color.

It took me more than 1/2 the day to go into The Dalles today, to help hang my paintings, then go home to update and send the paperwork to be hung with the show. Hope to sell a painting or two. Ended up with a 20 painting show that looked pretty decent in the hospital cafeteria.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040546 (2).jpg (23.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg P1040541 (2) (2).jpg (54.0 KB, 4 views)
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote