Old 05-19-2014, 07:20 AM   #106  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well we got the call yesterday that my MIL passed away...peacefully. We knew it was coming and had just seen her on Saturday. We will wait until her daughter and family can get here from NC to have a graveside service since she is being cremated. She was 86 and is now at rest.

I am feeling a bit better, but it has sure kicked my butt. 3 weeks left of school and it seems like an eternity. Did a lot of flower bed work yesterday and now I've got the bug to be home enjoying my summer. Got in a short walk yesterday, but had a lot of steps with the yard work. Scale went back up to 184.4
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 07:26 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Mindy, Sorry to hear about your MIL. It's never easy. Glad you are feeling better!

Diana, Maybe see about renting a tent?
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 AM   #108  

Quick fly by!
2 workouts yesterday, body sculpt in the AM and a run after work with a friend.

Today
w 100 oz water
e spinning, leaving for the y an 20 minutes or so for 6 am
e POP, had a piece of lasagna for dinner last night, but as still within my calories for the day No whites tonight
d if you can't be positive, be quiet

Hope everyone is well! Talk soon!
Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #109  
mtiger

Wink

Well I got out for a slow jog last night. 2 miles at 15:00 minute miles. It was still hard to breathe, but I did it. 182.6 today. Down a little.
Old 05-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #110  
Calorie Counter

Mindy sorry about your MIL.

Ladies, Thanks so much for the encouragement. My problem is cynicism right now. Its easy to say he will change. It's easy for him to do great things in the beginning, but its falling back it to old habits 5 or 6 months down the road. I told him I would file for divorce if I catch him in a lie again. I won't live that way.

So yesterday got a call from Tommy's teacher. He had nits in his hair. AAAAAAA. So after a 12 hour shift, I got to treat our hair, comb, wash, comb. There wasn't time to wash all of our clothes, but we did get the bedding done. I didn't find anything in Maks hair, but I acted like I did cleaned all her bedding, took all the stuffed animals. . . .I finally got in bed at 1100 (after getting up at 2am). Then I wake up at 4:00. AND today DH and I get to go on a field trip with Tommy's class. Then at 3 when we get home, I have to do loads of laundry. I bet the whole time I will be itchy.

W drink it when I can
E maybe a run while the laundry is going! (that is doable!)
E watch my calories
D Have fun with the kids.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 05:48 AM   #111  
Calorie Counter

The field trip was great. No workout done though. AND I had pizza for dinner.

Bad news~One of the kids in my class was sick the day before (vomiting, fever, all that). I didn't find out until the trip home, when he was sitting next to me on the bus and didn't feel good. :/

The good news is I think I have my household under control. Checked through the kids hair twice yesterday (morning and night). All is good. I am going to give them a olive oil treatment, I think on Memorial day just in case.

W 64 oz
E maybe a run, I really need it.
E 1700 cals
D To keep my mind occupied on the positive changes that DH is making, and not think negatively.

Last edited by jcatron243; 05-21-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #112  

Aw Jeni, I remember those days only too well....wash everything in the house...ugh! Here is hoping that's the end of that and you don't get whatever the other little guy was sharing.

As for DH, all I can say is give time, time. If you both want it and he is willing to work as hard as you have, eventually, you will get to the other side.

Mindy, Almost 2 pounds in a day, that's more than a little down! Good for you! Still doing WW?

Kris, Are you home? Back to NS? Fishing was fun, I hope? Your pics were gorgeous!

Diana, I feel your stress, we had huge parties here when the boys graduated. Hang in there, few weeks you'll be all done!

Carma, where are you?

W 100
E Treadmill in about 1/2 an hour, going to work 1/2 day today, then off til Tuesday! Taking a motorcycle safety class Thursday and Friday. Keep the shiny side up!
E POP, yesterday I had a Reese's PB egg. Could not resist. Today, I will resist!
D Hugs and Dear Abby....
“JUST FOR TODAY, I will live through this day only. I will not brood about yesterday or obsess about tomorrow. I will not set far-reaching goals or try to overcome all of my problems at once.

I know that I can do something for 24 hours that would overwhelm me if I had to keep it up for a lifetime.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will be happy. I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will accept what is. I will face reality. I will correct those things that I can correct and accept those I cannot.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will improve my mind. I will read something that requires effort, thought and concentration. I will not be a mental loafer.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will make a conscious effort to be agreeable. I will be kind and courteous to those who cross my path, and I'll not speak ill of others. I will improve my appearance, speak softly, and not interrupt when someone else is talking. Just for today, I will refrain from improving anybody but myself.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will do something positive to improve my health. If I'm a smoker, I'll quit. If I'm overweight, I will eat healthfully -- if only for today. And not only that, I will get off the couch and take a brisk walk, even if it's only around the block.

JUST FOR TODAY, I will gather the courage to do what is right and take the responsibility for my own actions.”

― Abigail Van Buren
Old 05-21-2014, 07:35 AM   #113  
mtiger

Wink

MM- Just for today, I will go to work and pretend to enjoy myself.

Just for today and 11 more days until summer vacation. I can do this ....right??

Jeni- I teach 4th grade and am always freaked about lice. My family got it once. Not fun but happy it hasn't happened again.

I am feeling better. Still have a bit of a cough and my eyes are not 100% yet. Hubby got a z-pac and more eye drops as well. Hopefully on the mend.

I Jogged last night..not running. It was a "little" faster than Monday and I went 3 miles not 2. Small improvement. It is still difficult to breathe. Scale was kind. 181.8. This is my lowest since gaining 15 pounds. Maybe the points are working.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #114  
Calorie Counter

MM~ Motorcycle safety class!!! That sounds like fun! Enjoy that long weekend!!!

Mindy~ I'm so glad that the scale is moving!!

Today is my official w/I day, but since I work I am waiting until tomorrow after a good night sleep. I'm not expecting much, because I haven't worked out at all since Thursday, and that was only a 1.5 mile run
Old 05-22-2014, 08:43 PM   #115  

Jeni, I just made the best smoothie so far!
Spinach, a frozen peeled banana, a container of dannon lite and fit vanilla greek, almond/coconut milk (not sweetened) a tbl of baking cocoa and a tablespoon of choc torani syrup. OMG. New favorite.

Mindy, how are things?

Diana, hope you are doing well!

Kris, miss you!!
Old 05-23-2014, 01:17 AM   #116  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

A quick evening hello. I finished painting my series, so now, sealing, pricing, paperwork, titles, hardware, etc. I don't like paperwork(or pricing). Today was a social time with friends and had them come look at my work. Tomorrow will be paperwork, gardening and starting food prep for my ds graduation reception. I figure I can bake and freeze desserts ahead of time. Not writing down food although I am do o.k. with food and exercise. I need to increase my water intake. It was hot today. Doing the best that I can - anxious but also excited and way too busy. Hugs to all.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:14 AM   #117  
mtiger

Wink

Holding steady at 181.8. That is a decent loss for the week. Weigh-in is Sat. I got in a 3 mile run last night. Felt pretty good. Recovering from this crap has been difficult, but I'm getting there. I have a race on June 7th here in town. Trying to get ready.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:41 AM   #118  
Calorie Counter

Diana~ good luck with all your stuff! Don't forget to hydrate!

MM~that smoothie sounds good! When DH wants chocolate in his smoothie, he uses light Chocolate silk.

Mindy~ Hurray for the scale cooperating!! Keep up the hard work.

Weigh in day
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January 22 ~~~145.2
February 22~~142.6
March 22~~142.8
April 22~~146.
May 23~~143.2 !

That makes me happy. I finally get to get in a good run today. No school for the kids, so it will be a treat. It's raining so it will be on my treadmill, but I feel really focused so maybe I will make it a good solid 7 miles today? Slow is fine, it is the distance I want!!

My idiot of a supervisor is trying to get healthy. He is quite a big boy. I wont guess his weight but he is about 6'1 and round. Even though the two of us were in the middle of a work related squabble. (we are sort of frenemies) he told me about his work at losing weight. He said he had lost 19 pounds in the last week, but "when you are my size that sort of weight comes off easy, at first. I told him to remember that especially in the beginning when you are changing your habits it is a struggle. So every pound is a win, even though you don't feel like you are doing much and it comes off fast. So I told him to be proud of each pound and own it! It was nice to see that my words really meant a lot to him.

W 80 - 100 oz
E 5- 7 miles
E 1700 cals no white at night
D Enjoy life!

editing~run this morning is a bust. I'm going to head to the elliptical tonight after DH gets off work.

Last edited by jcatron243; 05-23-2014 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #119  
mtiger

Wink

So after being 181.8 for 3 days, today I jump to 183.2...just in time for weigh-in. So I stayed the same on the scale at WW. Figures. Didn't do anything different, so go figure.
Old 05-24-2014, 11:52 AM   #120  

Morning all!

Jeni, great job!

Mindy, I know you wanted a loss, but maybe a whoosh for next week! Stupid menopause.

I'm going with hubby while he car shops today. Don't know where we will eat dinner, but I'll have fish, veggies and a glass of wine or a piece of bread, not both.

W 100 Bottle goes with me
E Already went to town to grocery shop and ran while I was there
E OP
D Enjoy the day

Finished my motorcycle refresher course. 2 full days and an evening. It was awesome! Wet, but awesome.