W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

You're on Page 5 of 22
Go to
  • Day One is a POP success. I ENJOYED the NS items. I chose wisely with the snacks. I blew it on water. I did not walk the dog. I hope that I can get to bed and to sleep before my gut figures out I'm hungry.

Mtiggie - That would have put 1/2 lb on me too. And believe me, I like that menu! I think its due, not to the amount of food (that wasn't much), but instead to all the starchy stuff. Even a bowl of chilli on a day of nothing but salad will drive my weight up. Don't you give up little one. Did you ever do the no starchy stuff after lunchtime meal?

My new boss doesn't eat lunch. Says he eats a good breakfast and decent dinner. He said eating lunch kills his energy. He walks at lunch EVERY SINGLE DAY. He's nuts... and thin and healthy.

1/2 marathon does sound daunting. So does losing 77 lbs. But both are doable. I haven't even WALKED a mile in a month. I will definitely have to get a training program in place.

Mavie - I want to spend some time with hubby. Glad you took some down time, even if just a night. We are fishing a derby together in Lake Havasu (as we always do) in two weeks. I can't wait.

Jcat - Are you still blasting out crazy shifts at work?

Diana and Carma.... miss you!

Off to review my budget for round two of cuts tomorrow. Not a happy working camper.
  • Morning all!

Kris, great job with your NS day!!

Mindy, Are you still doing WW? What's the points for that? Maybe, don't weigh every day. I find it depressing sometimes.

Jeni, Have a great day!

Diana and Carma, Hello!!

W 100
    E do some
    E POP
    D choices
  • So points are weird...I get 26 everyday but then get 7 points in indulgence each day. So why don't they just say 33. When tracking it only dips into the 7 after you use up the 26. Now exercise is another thing. It keeps logging point I have "earned" but I can't use them daily or log them. I think if I use up all my other points those kick in.

Hopefully with the help of an advisor I will be able to figure out if I am eating too much/little. How does working out play into it? should I be eating those points too? Don't quite know yet.

Kris- Good job on the NS. Sorry you're hungry. Stick with it for a week and see what happens.

MM- Have a great day.

I have a 2 day conference this week, overnight/out of town. Eating will be at the mercy of what they provide and then one dinner one my own. YIKES!! I can do this right??
  • Kris~ DH is considering Nutrisystem. He isn't losing like he should be. I work day shift (again) but still weirdo days 4 on, 1 off, 2 on, 4 off, 1 on, 2 off. . . .

MM~ Have a great day yourself!

Mindy~ I wish I could give you some words of encouragement. I know how completely frustrated you are. Great job on your run!!

Ladies: The half marathon is really scary for me, but I think running in a race is even more scary The nice thing about the Tinkerbell half, is that it has a minimum pace of 16 minute mile. (completing it in 3 hours and 15 minutes). I'm training to run a whole half. Working my way up, slowing my pace during my longer runs. It isn't for a year so I think we can all train well to run it!

I NEED TO RUN! The weather is perfect for a run! But this bruise thing on my leg...It is bad. It looks like I hit it on something really hard, but I didn't. And the pain!!!! My entire leg hurts now, down to my ankle and up to my knee. So off to the doctor I go. I am hoping he gives me the all clear so I can run while the kids are in cooking class, but for today I am staying off of it and elevating it.

W 100 oz!! Made me some lemon water. and I may add some cucumber to it too!
    E sigh. sadness. I will wait until tonight
    E Keep going. Gluten Free. I made it through day #5 yesterday. I have to say the Barilla gluten free spaghetti was amazing!
    D Stay off the treadmill. Stay off the treadmill. It isn't worth further injuring myself. sigh.
  • Evening ladies,

Mindy - you just stay positive, YOU HEAR ME? I think the advice from an adviser is a great thing to get. You have come a long way and you will make it. I'll stay on track if you will! I got 33 per day and 42 for the week as extras. It was ALOT if I was eating the right foods. Of course I didn't.

JCat - Your leg sounds gnarly. Let us know what the doc saya. It almost sounds like a hematoma (sp?) I hope its nothing and your scurrying away the miles soon. You can tell your hubby, the food really isn't bad at all. I have had 6 meals and two desert and all have been

Mavie - Did you walk O'neill the other day? I want a rottie again. **dreams**

Diana and Carma - you get your ever loving butts back here this instant!

So thought I'd track daily this week. So far so good.
    SW 227.8
    M - 225.6 (-2.2) day 1

I realize that water weight will be the first round. I'll take it.
  • Kris~ Thanks for the input on the Nutrisystem food! DH's boss lost about 50 eating Nutrisystem about 7 years ago. Maybe that is a good rout for him to take.

My doctor looks at my leg and says "I hate it when my patients die suddenly" WHAT?? That got my attention. I had an ultra sound of my leg to check for deep vein thrombosis which didn't show any blood clots, which is good. The doctor thinks that it is superficial thrombosis which is a blood clot in the superficial veins near the surface of the skin. So I will now take asprin every day to prevent clotting. I have the all clear to run, but I didn't last night because 3 hours in the office drained me.

W 64
    E Abs and Arms. I didn't yesterday or the day before, I HAVE TO TODAY!
    E GF easy
    D Keep my mood in check. I can feel it starting to turn cranky
  • Morning Chicks!

Kris, I did get out with the pup! The weather here has been a bit better, so he and I have been able to wander, hoping it will get less muddy now. I have dog envy for your Rawly. He is so darn gorgeous!
    2.2 pounds in one day! Yay for you!

Jeni, what dd the Doctor say about your leg?

Mindy, as to the conference, yes CAN do it, just keep track of the points! You are doing great with your exercise too.

Diana and Carma, hope all is well.

As for me, life is crazy, but doing as well as I can, finally hit under 155 again this morning. 154.8, but I'll take it. Now to get back under 150.

W 100
    E sculpt class, maybe walk at lunch
    e POP
    D keep making good choices, I want to be healthy and feel good more than I want that big of m&ms's
  • Oh MM and Jeni- To be where you two are at. That is my goal. Anywhere near 150 would thrill me to no end. You girls are our source of encouragement. You keep me and Kris going...ya hear??

MM- Weather better here also, except for the thunderstorm that just rolled through here. Have fun with the doggie.

Jeni- Hope your leg feels better soon. I hate when some injury side track sus from our mission.

And Kris- My lovely Kris. You just keep eating that NS and stay away from the junk. Maybe YOU found the right ticket.

Me...No workout yesterday..not sure about today and then there is the conference. Talk about a monkey wrench. Well 185 even today.
  • Morning Ladies. This thread got busy, same with my schedule right now. Too much to do, that makes me grumpy, trying to just have the best day I can. Will eat, look for missing cat(freaking out cause we have coyotes and big cats), take a walk and decide what one thing I will have time for today before Garden Club. I must go cause I am presenting/giving a paper making workshop(which should be a kick). This is my big social for the month, the gals are really awesome - so other than time a wonderful thing. My paintings are screaming for more time, but the two I worked on on Monday are showing promise & a lot of attitude, lol. I bought studs while in town yesterday for my paintings, exciting, will take out to studio and imagine!!!

W - Not bad, keep it UP!
    E - Minimal but getting steps in.
    E - Eating some whites while saying no to other whites - make the best choices today at garden club potluck!
    D - I choose to be Happy and Joyful, life is Good!

Sorry not to personalize, hoping everyone is NOT stressed just for this day, just one step at a time and PUT YOURSELF FIRST nutritionally, you are worth it!
  • Yay for the day being over.
    Hey sisters! I had a crazy day too! Been storing files in a recycle can at work, new janitors dumped them last night. Spent 1st hour of work dumpster diving. Found them.

Meeting with City Manager. Deficit is a freaking nightmare. Losing people. Need to drink.

Hubby called. New house we haven't moved into is infested with termites.

Back to work to pound out budget stuff only to find out 2 of our 6 wells are shut down due to bad water quality. Oh yah, and we have to HAND deliver this "drink this water and you might die notice" to 10000 customers within 24hours or the Dept of Public Health will reign terror down on us. I need a break already.

I can't make this crap up ladies. Thank goodness for NUTRISYSTEM today. It would have been a mess if my bag had not been packed.

Mavie - Rawly says hello. Derby says take Rawly back east. :0) I should be walking them right now.

Diana! Good to see you back. Hope the garden club went well. Paper making??? Interesting.

JCat - Glad to hear you are clear for take off. My doc said an aspirin a day a while ago. You just reminded me I need to, too. Hope you run to your hearts desire tomorrow.

Mtiggie - you and that conference don't have to like each other, you just have to survive each other. Don't eat desert.

Ms. Carma..... check one, check two... hello?

Working well so far girls:
    SW 227.8
    M - 225.6 (-2.2 ttl) day 1
    T - 223.4 (-4.4 ttl) day 2

going to try to get another glass of water down before working 4 more hours. BE GOOD!
  • Kris! WOW the stress!!! I am glad you had your NS, because I would be completely grabbing comfort food!

Diana~ I hope you enjoy your garden club!!

Mindy~ I promise I will do my best to keep you going!

MM~ Hurray for getting below 155!

Well last night I gave in to the pain and ate some comfort food. It was not gluten free. And I had a couple of glasses of wine Today is a new day. I will continue to work on being gluten free.

The leg looks absolutely NASTY after work last night, so I took a vacation day today. 5 days of not standing on a concrete floor! I'm gonna hop on my treadmill though and try to get in a mile of walk/run. If it doesn't hurt I will do more!

W 80 oz
    E get in a mile or more
    E GF
    D Get some housework done.
  • Long week so far ladies. Just checking in, then off to bed. NS continues to work. Haven't really been starving, but eating earlier at night I find myself pretty hungry in the morning.

SW 227.8
    M - 225.6 (-2.2 ttl) day 1
    T - 223.4 (-4.4 ttl) day 2
    W -222.8 (-5 ttl) day 3

Hope you all had productive days. Personals tomorrow. Be good!
  • Mindy, I think this is day 2 of the conference? Stay strong! Practice being as good to yourself as you are to others, you are so hard on yourself. We are all so much more than the number on the scale.

Kris, Crazy week! I'll pick up Rawly after the Tinkerbell or next trip to Colorado to see the boy heehee! Look at those pounds drop right off you!! Termites ugh.

Jeni, Glad you have answers for the leg. Do they know why? Does it start with a normal bruise? Enjoy the days off!

Diana, Is there a website or Etsy or something where we can see your art? I'd love to see! Garden club sounds fun too. Digging in the dirt is on my list for the weekend!

W 100
    E On my way to the Y in about 20 minutes (6 am tee time LOL)
    E POP gets easier the more I practice it
    D Keep going!
  • Good morning ladies! No personals today sorry!

I was able to get in 1.5 miles yesterday. That was good. Today I am going for 4 miles. Its nice outside, but its wet and slippery right now so I think I am going to stay on the treadmill today.

What caused the clot~ walking on cement floors, hormones, long car rides. . .my life. At least it isn't life threatening.

W 80 oz!!! drink this
    E 4 miles, arms and abs!!!!
    E GF. I've been struggling with this why oh why??? OH Mid-cycle eating monster has taken over. I lost the battle again yesterday, but now that I understand why I can try to fight it!!! (OH and with mothers day coming up and a birthday party this weekend I don't know how much control I will have!)
    D Fight the food monster that is inside of me. TRY to satiate it with veggies and hummus!!!
  • Jeni, glad you are doing better!

Kris, happy weekend, hope you get some down time!

Mindy, how was the conference?

Diana, getting ready for show & graduation this weekend?

Carma, hope all is OK!

W 100
    E Cardio, abs
    E POP
    D don't undo your hard work