W.O.W. Women on WEED Summer Bodies Challenge!

You're on Page 4 of 22
Go to
  • Weight is up, not measuring water /food or writing foods down - CRAZY!!! Jeni, I am in need of a new pledge and like your monthly commitment, Thank YOU .

Refocus POWER for the month of May:
    Water - will measure my water every day - (minimum of 50 oz per day).
    Ex - will get in 10,000 steps per day and 20 mins of organized exercise daily- anything is good( today I hope to get in Yoga).
    Eats - re-commit to no whites diet, watch portion size and write down everything that I eat.
    Determination - this is a crazy making month with my (only child) ds graduating from hs and an art show opening the same week. I need to put my daily nutrition first! I CAN do this.
  • Yes Diana, We can get ourselves back under control!

Day 1~ Went okay. I went shopping and got some really good food for the week. I completely followed my plan.

I got in a pretty good run, but I was annoyed that my app paused at .25 mile (I think) and I didn't realize it until I was at my first mile marker. I believe I ended up at 7.35 miles over all. (6.6 recorded). 11 minute pace.

W 64 oz
    E 35 minute run on the treadmill.(work day) Abs/Arms
    E Gluten Free.
    D Enjoy today's taco potluck, but stick to a salad and take my own GF sour cream. Laugh out loud at least once.
  • Jeni, love your goals. Going to join you on the no booze one til we leave for vacay on the 31st!

W 100
    E Running tonight? Abs and squats
    E POP. want to be in the 130's when we leave on vacay.
    D Life is good, enjoy
  • No workout last night. Weight still up but no gain. Think I will check out WW tomorrow. Need to try something different. We all seem to be struggling with our personal weight issues right now. Man!!
  • MM~It was very hard not to have a glass of wine with dinner last night, and it was only day 2.

Mindy~ WW is a good program.

I didn't run yesterday. I decided that after two 7 mile runs I needed a rest day. I did do my Arms and Abs though.

I stayed gluten free all day (even though it was SO HARD after work!).

W 64 oz
    E 35 minute run, Abs
    E GF
    D enjoy the people that I am around.
  • Jeni, great job sticking with plan! I didn't run either. More free time today though, so I can!

Mindy, good luck with WW!

Diana, Good luck with graduation and the art show!

Carma and Kris, miss you ladies!

w 100
    e running and toning and loads of housework
    e make great choices
    d choose to be happy
  • Morning Chicks. I may get some painting time in this weekend if the wind keeps up. Have to exercise after posting and not sure but will try for an outdoor walk. Doing better writing down foods, a bit better on foods and having to work on the water to get it done- so improving and it already shows on the scale.

Jeni, like the laugh out loud agenda, very nice reminder to keep it light. Mavis, thanks for the extra luck (or cluck as in my chicken paintings). My body of farm animal art work has been with humor intended. Themes include "Chicken Impossible" and "Barnyard Punks". Show opening is June 5th, ds graduation is June 7th.

Mindy, hope the scales favored you today.

Refocus POWER for the month of May:
    Water - will measure my water every day - (minimum of 50 oz per day).
    Ex - 10,000 steps/day and 20 mins of organized exercise
    Eats - re-commit to no whites diet, watch portion size and write down everything that I eat.
    Determination - Put my daily nutrition first! I CAN do this.

Just had 3 straight days of 45 to 80mph winds and our city is tree graveyard. (For those of you don’t know, I am the Public Works Director in the town I live in, so events like this turn my 12 to 14 hours days into longer ones. I have been working non stop for the last week. I am emotionally exhausted, but a proud boss of the 75 men (and 5 women) I oversee. They pulled off herculean tasks these last few days. Reminds me why I love my job when people pull together.

So I got a little rest and now I’m back. Thank goodness! I missed (and needed) you girls. I went to a fund raiser last night call LunaFest. If you have a soroptomist club in your area, support them. They do good things for girls and women. The fund raiser was a viewing of 9 short films about womens issues, made by women. It was awesome. May have been the breaking point for me realizing I need to put some time back into me. I know this is where I get fed to that. Thank you ladies, for always being here.

Mtiggie – I am on WW but have been horrible about logging. It's pretty ridiculous that I pay and don't and I think I need some thing different too. I came to the conclusion that between my grueling job, and crazy night meeting attendance, I have to just be able to grab and go and not count. I actually picked up a Nutrisystem Jumpstart Kit from Walmart. It was $45 bucks and I am gonna start it Monday (it’s a 5 day thing) and see if it helps. You have WAY more discipline than I. WW will surely help you move that number sister. I paid through like June, so if I tank on NS I’ll come back and find you (and Carma) there.

JCat – Gluten free! Good girl. And a ½ marathon! Good for you Jen! You amaze me how you just keeping pushing yourself through any challenge this life throws in front of you. Here’s to extra energy for training! I wanna be a runner when I grow up. I hear its heavenly when you find your groove.

Mavie – missin’ you too girl! When was that Tinkerbell Run? Wonder if we should still consider doing it!

Diana – I WANT TO SEE ONE OF YOUR PAINTINGS! I think I said it before, but I soooo miss the crafty side of me. I hope to have a “space to create” once we get into the new house. Do you ever sell anything online? BTW – good on ya for getting back to journaling that food and soaking up that water. Both habits are game changers in a good way for the healthier versions of ourselves that we are creating!

Carma – How are you holding up? 200 according to the last post I see from you. Get back here and report that you made it to ONEDERLAND! Hope all is well with you missy!

NurseMichelle? Did I see your name in here?

So WEED for the week of 5/4/14
    W- 80oz M T W H F
    E - 2 dog walks 30 Minutes each/1 yoga pose a day (why not?)
    E - S – choose wisely / M-F NS jumpstart/ S – choose wisely
    D – I still got game!

Sidebar - I am ready to hit "submit" as the smell of bacon fills my home. DH has decided to do breakfast for dinner. Oye......
  • Good Morning Ladies!

MM~I hope you got a chance to run yesterday, I didn't.

Diana~Your refocus list looks great! You can do it!

Mindy~ I hope weight watchers works for you!

Kris~I'm so glad you had your moment of realization that you need some me time! It is so important for us and our relationships to have me time. (BTW the tinkerbell half for 2015 is in May)

No run yesterday, I was so completely exhausted from work. I think I was in bed by 7.

I stayed GF all day and no wine!

W 64 oz
    E abs and arms
    E GF
    D Ignore the demons!! listen to music, LAUGH!
  • Registration for the Tinkerbell opens in August and like Jeni said, it's next May! Love to fly to Cali and run with you gals!

W 100
    E Doing some squats and abs and either Zumba or elliptical
    E POP, so far so good!
    D Choices, make the ones that take you to where you want to be
  • Big kick off!
    Well, I managed to eat everything I wont be able to on Nutrisystem. Tomorrow is the big DAY 1. I have ordered gift cards $80 each for $100 worth of NS. Should arrive on Tuesday. In the mean time I have my 5 day package I got yesterday.

Mavie/Jen - I would LOVE to do the tinkerbell run. If I have until August to sort out my weight and get myself to moving like a runner between now and then, I am totally in. I am only 1.5 hours from D-land, so the big travelers would be the rest of you girls. Maybe we can pull it off!

Off to bed. Looking forward to being commited to myself from the moment I wake up tomorrow.

Hope you all are doing well. Nighters!
  • Kris~there is also plenty of time to train between August and May

MM~I like your D!

I got home from work and I had a knot on the bottom of my calf. It hurt like heck too. Today the lump is gone, but there is a sore bruise. I have no idea how it happened.

I really wanted to run yesterday, but I had to go and get replacement earbuds because mine blew yesterday. Then dinner was done when I got home.
    W 64 oz
    E arms and abs
    E GF
    D Listen to more music on my breaks, it really helped me stay relaxed at work.
  • I'd love to run the Tinkerbell with you ladies. When we get closer to August, we'll sort it out more.

Kris, Happy Monday, you got this!!

Jeni, Sounds like a great day minus the sore calf, ended up with new earbuds and DINNER DONE!

Mindy, how was the confirmation party?

Yesterday was quiet for me, skipped the workout and spent it with Hubby, today I can't work out in the AM, car has to go to the shop, can't be that late to work and all. Going to have to make time after work today. Supposed to be sunny, so will get out on time and take the dog for a walk in the woods.

Diana, Carma, Hope all is well!

W 100
    E Walking at lunch? Abs, upper body weights and a little hike tonight. Can I get to 10k steps?
    E POP
    D I am responsible for my choices and for what goes in my mouth too.

W 100
  • Okay let me rant...

Started the day with cereal and banana. Went to the gym and ran my fastest 4 miles, then walked one with hubby. Party.... Ham sandwich on a bun, 1 slice cheese, small scoop of potato salad and one of pasta salad, fruit salad, jello and 1/2 piece of cake (split with hubby). One granola bar and small bowl of chili was dinner. My "indulgence" small piece of chocolate with a smear of peanut butter.

Doesn't sound too bad..right?? Gained 1/2 pound. WTH??? I was on track with my fitbit even. I just can't seem to get this right.

Kris- I wish you all the luck in the world with NS....Give it a whirl girl

MM and Jeni- A half marathon seems so daunting to me. 5 miles seems like an entire marathon and I don't even run the whole thing. We shall see....