Old 08-24-2014, 01:50 PM   #301  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Starting with an easy weed, cause in the middle of canning. I am hopeful of a routine soon as fall is in the air, even the birds are grouping up more.

W 50
E Try to get 10,000 steps in by bed time.(Have had a few succesful days - its a start)
E NO P.M. snacking and random munching
D Engage brain before eating!

Jeni, gotta laugh that we ended up in Longbeach, Wa for our beach vacation and you ended up on the Or coast. Ours was a financial decision as the house was free. That made the 50 seafood lunches for 3 more acceptable. We went with ds, I suppose a last family trip for a while with him off to college and new friends.

Kris, I am feeling more like you all the time with the canning. But it is hard not to do when some friend offers you fresh off the vine/tree produce, I just gotta do it. So got my lovely Gravenstien apples this am and will be peeling soon.

Mavis, Glad you had a nice vaca with ds. Those breaks are important so we can come back with fresh eyes and appreciate or change. Speaking of change, I will change my D to yours as I really do have to be making better food choices.

Hi and hugs to ALL!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 08-24-2014 at 01:50 PM. Reason: sp
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:58 AM   #302  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Well I am back. We spent the week in the Upper Penninsula of MI. We were tracking down lighthouses and waterfalls an d enjoying each others company. It was fun. Will try and post a few pics. Although if we are FB friends you have already seen some. It was fun. Came home weighing about the same....thanks to all the hiking to obscure locations.

Afghan turned out okay, a little funky. It is kind of wider at the bottom and goofy. Oh well.

Tragedy has struck in our little world. We have lost both of our kitty boys in about a week. One dragged himself home after being attacked. He was a total mess and my husband put him out of his misery. Then when we returned from vacation, my little buddy Oscar was not here. We had my DD coming over to feed and she saw him TH. We came home Friday. My heart is broken and I cant seem to keep from crying. I keep listening for his meow and looking for him, but he's not here. I am devastated. Can't get over the guilt I feel.

Well it is back to work for me today. Time to go set up the classroom. W and TH will be all meetings. Friday we leave (again) to go walk the bridge on Labor Day. So...I'm off.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 10:34 AM   #303  
Calorie Counter

Mindy, I'm so sorry about your lost kitties. It is so awful to lose your animials.

Diana~I saw that you came to Long Beach!! I hope you had a good time. I know the weather was beautiful for us!

My weight is up. Although I knew that. I didn't weigh myself on the 22nd because I worked (and forgot!).

154 14 pounds up since March. No more!!!! I will get back to my WEED!

Today:
W: 80 oz!
E: 30 minutes on the treadmill!!!!
E: Watch my serving size and cut back on the wine!!!
D: Take time for myself!!

DH needs to lose 16 pounds, and I need to lose 14 pounds. We just agreed to start together!! (again) This will make it easier! Going to go for a walk together tonight.

Last edited by jcatron243; 08-26-2014 at 11:20 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 AM   #304  
mtiger

Wink

I have not run in about two weeks. I feel like a slacker. I have a five mile run next weekend. I better get my butt out there. With vacation last week, back to school this week and Labor Day...Yikes. Looks like next week I hit it hard. 176.6 today...holding steady.
Old 08-27-2014, 07:10 PM   #305  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey Chicks! I had a small run Sunday but that was it.
Missed last Wednesday, went to Manhattan instead (worth it!)
Then Thursday Friday we went to the fair, Saturday I sold houses and Sunday I got a short 3 miles in. I planned to run tonight, but woke up at 3 AM with wicked cramps! Thought someone put my lady parts back in, was like that all over again! Ugh!

So I came home and had a spinach smoothie and logged on to talk to you lovely ladies!

Mindy, way to stick to the 170's! Proud of you! So sorry about your kitties

Jeni, lets you and I get the heck out of the 150's~

Kris, where are you? Loved the dogs pics yesterday!

Diana, what are you canning? Glad you got away with DS before college! Is he off to school now?

W 100
E None today, need to feel better
E Blah
D I am making good choices again, because I am worth it!

Last edited by mothermavis; 08-27-2014 at 07:37 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 04:46 PM   #306  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

W 50
E Try to get 10,000 steps in by bed time. Monday I did 1/3 of my lifting routine, wow do I need this. Will try lifting again on Friday am.
E NO P.M. snacking and random munching(this morning I was bad between meals, I think emotional eating)
D Engage brain before eating!

So ds is still here until Sept 20th, but the few days left have me happy and sad at the same time. Yesterday I helped make the last of the Oregon Cycle bouquets. Sept 12 we will set them all on the tables and take off twice that week. Remind me not to volunteer for any more projects for a while although I hope the garden club does agree to donate the earned $1,000 to help rebuild the local library - guess my time is worth that. O.K., so I ran/jogged/walked fast on Weds morning and boy did I hurt by p.m. My eyes felt liked jiggly eyes and not in a good way --HOW do you ladies run?

Mavis, I canned apple pie filling and applesauce. I have some left and hope to make something while they are at peak flavor.

Mindy, So sad to hear about your boy kitties. Our three cats are in and out so I am often praying for a safe return.

Jeni, I am up weight wise also, time to get serious. It is nice that you have your husband to exercise and be food wise with.

Have a great weekend, just chores for me but I like being home.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:59 AM   #307  
mtiger

Wink

About to head out for the last hurrah. We are headed north again for the weekend. It is the bridge walk on Monday. The only time people are allowed to walk Big Mac. Thousands of people walk it. It is 5 miles so quite a walk. I am using it to kick off my pre-race training. I need to run T,W,Th. take F off and race on Sat.

Tuesday kids arrive and then it is back to the grind. It is going to be a tough year. I have 32 kids on my list, half of them ELL. Here we go.

You ladies have a great weekend. See ya on Tuesday.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:12 PM   #308  

Mindy, have a wonderful time!

Diana, Enjoy the last few weeks with your son!

Kris, Speaking of sons, did I see yours has flown the coop? It's one of those things I never get used to!

Jeni, when do the kids go back? or are they already back?

Carma, hope you are ok!

w 100, working on it!
e ran 7!! yes 7 miles today!
e op
d making choices for the body I want, not the body i have!

Whole 30 starting Tuesday!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:31 PM   #309  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Still alive!

Hi girls. I'm still here. Just trying to figure out which way to go lately and feel like I'm getting no where.

Work has been nuts. A good friend and one-woman purchasing manager just let the city for a new job. It's crippling to the operations all the way around so I have spent literally hours trying to get all of my contracts and bids pushed through before she left. No replacement in sight. Not sure how my city thinks cutting to the bone and not having a succession plan in place is a good idea. We will survive. I'll miss her dearly.

Gripe no. 2. 4day weekend. Supposed to be kid free. Ahhhh, foiled again. I went into work Friday for a full 10 hour day thinking I'd have 3 free. On the way home got the call that hubby must have misunderstood and the 2 of the three are coming Friday night through Monday night. Had I known, I would have saved my in office time for Monday. Another weekend with no reprieve. I know, selfish, but I work my arse off and need some quiet. Oh well. Looks like I wait another 2 weeks.

I will be back in the morning for personals and an attitude check. Still smoking so gotta knock that crap off starting tomorrow too. Think I will get up early, put my shoes on and take a walk.

Catch up tomorrow sisters.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #310  

Kris,

OK ladies, time for a new challenge, it's Labor Day, end of summer. Time for winter clothes. I intend that I have just spent my last "fat" summer. Done, over. Now, I am going to put myself first for the next several months. Next summer will be amazing.

w 100 and back to plain water, good bye crystal light
e running, back to class and uncovering my weights
e POP, whole 30 starts tomorrow
d life is pretty crappy right now, but it will get better

Last edited by mothermavis; 09-02-2014 at 07:29 AM.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:02 PM   #311  
The Sky is the Limit!

Back for personals and after yesterday's rant, I feel like a boob.

Mindy - I'm so sorry about your little fur men. That is always so hard.hugs hugs hugs lady. Btw, your photos on FB are awesome. And I'm sure the afghan is perfect.

Mavie - yes the man cub moved out. I miss and worry about him. That's what we do I guess. Ready to buck up and focus on myself. Following your lead. The next few months need to be a renewal. Can't wait for the new year to start changing. This will be my last fatso summer as well. Also, feeling the need to blog. Not sure if I'll get there or not. Gonna try.

Diana - canning apple pie filling sounds dangerous. I'm proud of ya for pulling it off though! AND RUNNING!?!?!? good girl! I am supposed to start today towards our august 2015 disney run. My friend just did the 5k and it looks like she had a blast! I love the jiggly eyes comment! I'm pretty sure I will suffer from jiggly everything.

Jen - you are a busy little bee! I saw the catron's ice bucket challenges on FB. Too funny! I still haven't done mine. Been nursing a nice head cold for a week. I really should just get it over with.

Is it really just the 5 of us getting here? Is it time to start a new thread? Mavie did mention summer is behind us....
Old 09-01-2014, 04:22 PM   #312  

Should we do a Christmas challenge or just shoot for next summer? What ya think ladies?
Old 09-01-2014, 06:56 PM   #313  
The Sky is the Limit!

I think focus thru the next four months... So Christmas sounds good to me.
Old 09-01-2014, 08:03 PM   #314  

Default Fresh Start!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...christmas.html

Come over to our new thread!
Old 09-11-2014, 08:38 PM   #315  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

I'm back and not skinnier! I my coworker wants me to get back on track and I need to find motivation so hoping logging in helps. I have been in a funk. Planning on seeing a counsellor. I just think I finally hit a wall after the rough year. Hoping they can help me out.
I have been bad at tracking, very bad at eating not great at moving. This weekend is going to be food filled.
My weed for tomorrow:
W: water 80 oz
E: shooting for 12000 steps.
E: work party tomorrow. Plan on logging all food and try to keep it under 2500.
D:if you expect your life to be up and down your mind will be much more peaceful. Lama Yeshe.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote