Old 06-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #151  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Started my first official day of summer with a four mile jog. My time was a tad faster so that is good. just keep practicing. Weight- 182.4. HHMM!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 08:14 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Great job Mindy! 4 miles is always good! Hope the weather is nice.

Pollen is crazy here. Everything yellow. Still thinking of hiking this afternoon. Back to work Thursday, but it's been a super vacay.

Started my summer personal training last night. Monday nights a friend and I are meeting a local PT for a workout. $20 a pop which is very reasonable for our area. My arms are killing me today.

W 100
E Hiking, running, biking? I'll figure it out
E OP, last night was cookies and chocolate milk, not OP, but the rest of the day was good
D keep at it
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 AM   #153  
mtiger

Wink

Went to our local running shoe store to get advice. I was fitted and tested and guided into a new shoe. I got me a pair of Brooks (a little pricey) and tried them out yesterday on my 5 mile walk/jog. My foot felt good afterwards. I think I like the new kicks.

Weight is doing nothing. 182.4 still. I reach my allotted points but dont use my activity points. Going to ask the leader about when I weigh-in Saturday. My birthday is Sat. and we have no plans really. We will have to think of something to do.

MM- Soreness is good. Have fun with the friend.
Old 06-11-2014, 02:27 PM   #154  
Calorie Counter

Hi ladies!!

Mindy~I hear Brooks are awesome for running.

MM~$20 for a personal training session? That is so awesome!

Today, I biked Makenna to school (about 1.5 miles), then I ran/walked with her at her 1 mile fun run, then I biked home. It was a pretty decent fun run. But I realize now why I don't want to be in a big race, TO MANY PEOPLE! I hated the crowd of people. It was so suffocating. I know they were kids, but still adults will be worse. Tomorrow is Tommy's 1/2 mile run. AND I will probably be roped into staying for field day as a volunteer. Yay me.

The saga continues in the quest for me controlling my mood swings. My primary doctor (well the nurse) finally got a hold of the GYN. Nowhere in my file did it say anything about superficial vein thrombosis, or me having an ultra sound of my leg, OR me being on a 325 mg of asprin a day. I AM A LOT PO'D!!!!!! The nurse told my GYN that I came in with a bruise and that was it. So now I have to go in and see the Primary doc again to settle the confusion. I am not the confused one and I have the Bill from the ultra sound to prove it. So after Tuesday's visit I am going to find a new primary doctor.

Plus I cant seem to stop my weight gain. I really need to start running after work again.

W 80 oz
E did a mile run/walk and 3 mile ride. I think I may swim tonight.
E Start calorie counting again. Keep it at 1700 calories. for a week to see if my weight (granted it is mid-cycle mayhem) will come down.
D enjoy the sunny weather.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 AM   #155  
mtiger

Wink

Rainy here so I went to the gym yesterday..it was like a sauna. Ran 3.1 and did a few leg machines. Had an ice cream cone last night...scale goes down a bit today. 181.4 Go figure.

Jeni- It is only crowded at the start of the race then it really thins out. It is fun and an accomplishment. You should do it. If I were near I would drag you to a race.

So wet and icky today not sure what I will do. I have a lunch with work friends and a goodbye cookout for our principal tonight. Eating will be a challenge today.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:52 AM   #156  
Calorie Counter

Mindy~If I knew people that ran my pace it would be so much better. I'm in a running group here, but with the exception of a few of us, they are all like 8 minute mile runners. It is very intimidating. I will keep what you said in mind though.

Today is Tommy's 1/2 mile run. I am really dreading it now. I know it is because I am not a sprinter, so I will hang out in the back row and just catch up to him when he slows.

SO, my hubby has some high blood preassure. It isn't bad, but it is hard to understand that as healthy as we have been over the past year, it is all of the sudden high. He is going to the doctor tomorrow about it. He is only 37! But I will cut out more sodium, and work on getting him better meals for his lunch and breakfast.

W 80 oz
E 1/2 mile run with Tommy. Then hitting the gym
E 1700 calories, plan some lower sodium meals
D run with Tommy. Enjoy being with him and ignore the crowd.

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-12-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #157  

Jeni, I am interested in hubby's BP issue because I am having the same issue. Dr says these blood vessel issues i keep having in my eye are related to spikes in my BP. Having to monitor it 4 times a day. I was floored. Just had all my blood work and was feeling really good about myself. My HDL, cholesterol and all that were awesome, so I won't have a heart attack...just a stroke. ugh.

BTW, hope you enjoyed your run with Tommy and as for the 5k, first time i did one, i thought i would heave from nerves. Try not to worry about any one else or their speed and just do your own thing. if there is a "color me rad" race in your area, do that! Not even timed as far as i could see and just so much fun! Mak & Tommy could do it too.

Mindy, I love Brooks! Happy early Birthday!!

Kris, missing you!

Diana, Hope the graduation went awesome!!

W 100
E Skipped the gym this AM, my back is out of whack
e POP
d Happy friday the 13th with a full moon....
Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 AM   #158  
mtiger

Wink

So this week I kept inching a little lower on the scale. Got down to 181.4 yesterday. Then had a lunch and a cookout yesterday. Gained about 2.5 in one day. 183.8 today. Really??? I didnt eat that much at either place. Crap!!!

Sorry to hear about all the BP issues. Hope everybody finds some answers and gets it under control. It sucks when we are trying to be our healthiest and issues arise.

Going for a least a walk today. Weigh-in tomorrow at WW. I was getting a little excited..now I am dreading it.
Old 06-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #159  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies, I am alive and feeling better. My art reception went well, sold two painting opening day and the art center put the whole show on line - so here is the link. http://www.thedallesartcenter.org/

Then I got a bit wound up over my son's grad and reception ---way over cooked. I was physically exhausted, then mentally for a day or two. Summer schedule makes it hard to do anything with regularity but I am working at returning to good habits. Will attempt a WEED.

W- 50 oz water or toxin flush tea
E- 30 mins am exercise or a morning walk with my dog
E- No nibbling on the run between meals, but can sit and have a mid afternoon snack if needed.
D- One day at a time, think about small improvements I can do.

Hugs to All, will try to check back this week.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:00 AM   #160  
Calorie Counter

MM~ The doctor wants DH to stop using the machines, and go to the fire dept for his BP checks. 2 times a week for 3 weeks. Then he will decide what to do from there. I know for us we will definitely be eating better with less sodium.

Mindy~You are doing great. Ignore that scale, don't let it get you down!

Diana~ Get back to basics! That's what I do when I restart. Begin again with WEED! best that you can!

W 64 oz (NO WINE!)
E nothing today, but it is a workday
E no whites at night
D Keep moving. It may not be a full cardio workout, but I am moving!
Old 06-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #161  

Today is the day. I woke up this morning and decided, I've been out of control since vacation, so two weeks now. I was hovering at 151 152 and looking to get under 150 and since I can home, I am snacking and drinking beer and eating crap and I am at 157. Ugly. I have my eye cleared up so I am going to go for a run today. (was able to get my contacts back in, my glasses are awful for my depth perception) so ere I go, back on the wagon, back to running every other day, back to the Y at least 5 times a week. Personal trainer on Mondays, running with a friend on Tuesday, so double workouts those two. Groceries n the fridge, so no excuses.

I am in control.

Jeni, I just went back and saw that you were still inching up too, We got this. We all got this. We know what works, let's do it!

Mindy, How was your weigh in? Finding balance with WW? I need to get back to that even keel. If I eat the same thing every day, so be it, as long as it's working.

Diana, glad you popped in. Love your art! You are so talented!! So happy for you that those big hurdles are out of the way.

Kris, how goes it with the new house?

Here is my back on track day!

W 100, no excuses and no booze.
E Going to run on the treadmill this morning, doing a 5k in however long it takes. If it clears up, maybe later we can go for a short hike. 50 upper and 50 lower crunches.
E POP had watermelon and blueberries in a bowl for a start. Thinking a smoothie after my run. maybe a chef salad for lunch and protein and veggies for dinner. Hubby wants steak, I may have salmon
D I am 48 years old. I want to live at least 48 more.
I have to take care of myself if I want to meet my grandchildren some day. Choose well.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:56 AM   #162  
Calorie Counter

MM~Great re commitment plan MM!!! Yes I am creeping up. I haven't been on the scale since my dr appt. It wasn't that bad, but I still have been avoiding it.

I haven't been eating too poorly lately, but I am retaining water terribly! We are getting back to the No whites at night. I've been enjoying that this week. but I really need to lay off the wine!

W 64 oz
E I may go for a walk after work today, but I am so tired after work, I don't know.
E no whites at night 1700 cals
D pay close attention to my moods. Try hard to control what comes out of my mouth. (yesterday went everywhere from rage and anxiety to euphoria. never a good combo with stressful work days).
Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 AM   #163  
mtiger

Wink

Well it was a great weekend. My birthday was Saturday...made a fairy garden, spent time with my lovely daughter and went to dinner and a movie with hubby. I ate WW at Applebees and no treats at the movie. Sunday was Father's Day and my parents 37th wedding Anniversary. We had a cookout with most of the family to celebrate. It was so nice to see everyone and reunite as a family.

Now for the icky news. I gained 4.5 pounds in 3 days. I am not freaking out about it because I think it is TOM related. This should be the week for TOM, if it were going to happen. It has been 105 days since the last one though. So hopefully those pounds fall back off this week as my pseudo TOM passes.

Went out for a 3 mile run this morning. It is already mid 70's so ...warm.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:48 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Default hello from the dark side

Hello weedettes. Carma checking in from the dark side.
I just did a quick scan through old posts.
kris: ?congrats on the new house I take it your in.
Jeni: glad to see you did your 5k.
Mindy: sorry to hear about the weekend weight gain. I am sure mine is worse than yours. Also sorry to hear about your MIL.
Mavis: hoping the world is treating you well. I loved your just for today dear Abby post. Dare I ask how your dad is? I hope you enjoyed Father's Day with him.
Diana: congrats on the show.

Okay now onto me:
217 last scale check in. cruise and downward depressive spiral surrounding Mother's Day. Hurt my knee around the time of my last post which messed with my training. Stressors let's list them:
Brothers heart thing was actually Lyme. So good on that front. However his wife is an alcoholic and not doing well
Sisters surgery went well.
My knee is better.

Weed for tomorrow:
W: going to try for 64 oz. that will be very impressive
e: plan on walking in the am
E: will record all food.
D: will return tomorrow night to post.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:31 AM   #165  
mtiger

Wink

Carma- Glad to see you are back. Good to hear they figured out the problem with your brother. Hopefully that is getting better. Happy for your knee too.

Well I was right. TOM appeared last night after 105 days. You have got to be kidding right??? Well that makes me feel better about that 4.5 pound gain. 1 pound is already gone today, so hopefully the rest will leave this week. Not feeling that great..actually the vice grip of death has a hold of my insides. I am going to walk today and not try running.