Old 04-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #361  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Challenge: change just one small habit!

Geri, Yeah, you did it and showed yourself that you can do it. Your constant work goodies really is a challenge. I'm hoping you are not in such a tired slump anymore.

Crow, to the challenge. Hope we can support you in this time of healing, one day at a time. Now that I am moving more, I am thinking of doing a food realated challenge next month. I really like your challenge.

10,000 step min/day for 21 days with 3 pause days possible.

April 22nd - Check(had to work on this one) - three more days
April 23rd -Pause Day #4
April 24th - Day 19 - Check
April 25th - Day 20-Check
April 26th - Day 21 - Check --O.K., so technically I failed, but this challenge did what I wanted ----got me moving from day to day more than last month. I have 11 days last month that were under 10,000 steps. With only 4 days left in the month I have hd only 4 days under 10,000 steps this month, so I am pleased with the results of this challenge.

Will take a few days to decide my next challenge, but will try to check in .

LETS DO THIS!
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 09:06 PM   #362  
Peachbody

I finished my last challenge on Friday, and immediately plunged into a weekend of terrible eating choices. It became obvious to me that I cannot afford to take this week off and start my next challenge at the beginning of May--I have to start a new one right away to prevent myself from undoing all the good habits. So I am going to continue with the No Sweets, No Spuds challenge. The next five weeks will be overflowing with workplace sugar at every turn, so it is still a real temptation for me. I am going to increase the difficulty this time by only allowing myself two pause days. I am scared I cannot succeed with only two pause days, but I'm going to give it my best.

Day 1--Monday, April 27: No sweets, no spuds. Ready for this challenge.

Hard Working Dog, your resilient attitude continues to be my teacher. You focused on all the steps you have stepped this month. Go, Diana!

I wish we could hear from Streudel.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 01:59 AM   #363  
kilo by kilo

S/C/G: 95.1/91.9/70 (209/202.6/154)

Height: 170cm

I just found this thread and would like to add my own 21 day challenge. If I start from today my finish day (with 3 pauses) will be 21 May.

My challenge is no 'bad snacks' I am including chocolate, sweets, potato crisps, cookies, fizzy drinks in the list. I will allow myself a little of the snacking once a week, as this is my attempt to make this last forever. So, I've given myself 3 pause days to allow for that.

let's see how it goes!

Going to start be reading back through more posts on this page to get motivated
stepbystep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:55 AM   #364  
Peachbody

Welcome, Step by Step! Go for it on your new no-snacking challenge!
Old 04-29-2015, 01:24 AM   #365  
kilo by kilo

Thanks Dr. Geri

Day one done. Almost went for a healthy'ish' seseme/oat cookie last evening, but remembered my pledge on here and ate nothing after dinner at all and woke up feeling hungry (something I forget is normal!) and with a lovely number on the scale!

Hoping that this thread keeps my motivation up! Have a great day everyone

Day 1: 28/4 - done
Old 04-29-2015, 11:02 AM   #366  
DIANA

Stepbystep, to the thread. You have a great start - keep up the good work. I've done no p.m. snacking many times on this thread, it's a habit I need to reinforce occasionally.

Geri, Good for you starting right back on track! You have inspired me to begin today.

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

April 29th-Day 1,

LETS DO THIS!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 04-29-2015 at 07:00 PM. Reason: editing
Old 04-29-2015, 11:58 PM   #367  
Peachbody

Day 2--Tuesday, April 28: No sweets, no spuds.
Day 3--Wednesday, April 29: No sweets, no spuds.

Feeling great that our little thread is growing with several new friends and several returning friends doing challenges. Wishing everyone a great day on your challenge.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:47 AM   #368  
kilo by kilo

Oh and life gets in the way already!

PAUSE 1: 29/4 - invited to a mates, ate a few crisps and a couple of jelly sweets because they were there. Didn't go mad so not beating myself up.... but that's my treat for the week done and dusted!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #369  
DIANA

Stepbystep & Geri, It is nice to be in such good company while I get my eating habits back in alignment.

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

April 29th-Day 1, Journal, 2 Dove DK Ch Sq's
April 30th-Day 2, Journal, 1 c carmel popcorn & 2 Dove Dk Ch Sq's - gonna try harder next time to not even taste goodies brought before me. I have the 2 Dove's after supper & will prob do this every day. Even today is a lot better than treats prior to starting the challenge. It's a challenge, but I'm worth it!

LETS DO THIS!
Old 04-30-2015, 10:17 PM   #370  
kilo by kilo

PAUSE 1: 29/4 - invited to a mates, ate a few crisps and a couple of jelly sweets because they were there. Didn't go mad so not beating myself up.... but that's my treat for the week done and dusted!
Day 2: 1/5 - done

Workinglikeadog, well done on the accountability. I've had to go for none as a square or two would always turn into a bar or two.... so I'm just saying no on most days and then saying yes when I say yes in terms of snacking!

Aced it yesterday (but didn't leave the house so that helped!) hoping to get my first two day run and then keep it rolling

Keep up the great work everyone
Old 04-30-2015, 10:20 PM   #371  

S/C/G: 90.9/88.6/80

Height: 163cm

Ooh yay! Just what I need, I'm needing to drink pure water, and stop counting my tea etc as water.
Starting today! 6-8 glasses water or finish my 1.75 lt water bottle
Jodaleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 02:23 AM   #372  
kilo by kilo

A first for me..... a trip to the supermarket and the only food I bought was a ton of veggies, bananas (struggle with other fruit even though I live in the land where it's so plentiful), no sugar yoghurt and milk and a tin of tomatoes. Needed eggs too but couldn't find them and didn't want to risk walking back through the store and being drawn in the the snack aisles.... pretty pleased with myself, now to do it again and again until it gets easier!
Old 05-01-2015, 08:51 AM   #373  
Peachbody

Welcome, Jodaleeb! I am looking forward to seeing you succeed with your water challenge.

Well done, Step by Step, to make such healthy choices at the supermarket and resolve not to go back in again if it put you in danger of your challenge.

Hard Working Dog, you ARE worth the reduced sweets intake and the journaling. Go!

Day 4--Thursday, April 30--No sweets no spuds. I am likely to encounter more workplace sweets on Friday, but I need to remember that they're not worth spending one of my two precious pauses on. Hoping I will be strong enough to endure.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:41 AM   #374  
Sisyphus

S/C/G: 195 / 169.0 / 110

Height: 5'1"

Congrats, StepByStep, those supermarket runs are still very difficult for me -- I can't ever shop hungry or I make very bad choices.

Geri I admire your dedication! You're an inspiration.

Welcome Jodaleeb! Counting tea (or coffee) as water is one of my own weaknesses. Great choice for a challenge.

Working, accountability is exactly why I'm here. I bet that just the need to record your treats will make you think twice before you reach for one.

Me, I'm doing mostly okay although it's been a major struggle. I had one pause day -- the dread supermarket shopping day.

Day 1: check
Day 2: check
Day 3: pause (didn't intend it to be, but groceries day is always tough)
Day 4: check
Day 5: check

Into the weekend and girding my mental loins against temptation.
Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #375  
kilo by kilo

Day 2: 30/4 - done
Day 3: 1/5 - done
Day 4: 2/5 - done

Okay.... I'm doing this

Crow, good luck for holding strong at the weekend I'm really finding knowing I've pledged to this thread helpful when it comes to saying no to snacks and things I don't want to / need to eat. But, remember to be kind to yourself, I'm really sorry to read of your loss x

Geri, how did workplace snack refusal go? Never easy.... i took to overtly explaining to my Vietnamese colleagues today that I'm NOT eating snacks anymore. As they think I'm absolutely huge (I am compared to all of them) they took it well and seemed relieved for me!

Last edited by stepbystep; 05-02-2015 at 11:28 AM.