Old 02-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #271  
Peachbody

Day 20--Saturday, February 21: Mandarin cup. I was looking forward to lychee at the Chinese restaurant. Much like the mandarins, they have a sweet and strong enough taste to satisfy after a meal in place of baked goods or chocolate. But no lychee this time. I was glad there were bananas instead. Not as satisfying, but kept me on track.

Day 21--Sunday, February 22: VICTORY! SUCCESS! I am so relieved I made it to the end despite the hurdles. I almost threw it all away mindlessly again--I walked into a small party with a table full of coffee cake, brownies, and cookies and nearly went through the motions of filling my plate. Habit and mindlessness and stress are so strong. But I came to my senses in time and turned around and walked out of the room. Beating this challenge is redemption for the last one I failed on the last day. Vendi, vidi, vici!

Diana, happy, happy birthday! Congratulations on reaching the Distinguished Sixty milestone! Just eight more days to make it through with one pause day in your pocket, you've got this!

I want a rest before jumping into my next challenge. I will check back here to support you through your last week, and then if you 're up for it, we'll start a new round come March.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 11:12 PM   #272  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Any one else up for a challenge?

28 days challenge of NO p.m. snacking (4 pause days allowed).

Feb. 1; Ready to accept the challenge! NO p.m. snack, but a lovely cup of tea!
2; No p.m. snacking
3; No p.m. snacking - but had a mid day sugar & crash. I feel icky tonight.
4; No p.m. snacking - liking the row of no snacking stickers on my calendar, a good start to a good habit.
5; No p.m. snacking
6; No p.m. snacking - but midday had way to much of a goody that I baked for my dh, ugh!
7; No
8; No
9; No p.m. snacking - but would like to even though not hungry, Hum?
10th - pause day #1
Feb 11th/day 10- No snacking - challenging tonight.
12th/day 11 - No snacking
13th - pause day #2 - too many goodies, but less now I will have to focus this weekend also. I am planning a pause day next Fri on my b-day and it would be nice not to use all my pause days this month. In General I could use more focus. I seem to be popconish, bounching from one thing to another. Am gonna log off after this thread and try to get am exercise in(that would be a nice start to the day).
14th/day 12- NO snacking
15th/day 13 - NO snacking - I think the challenge was working both days, I grumbled but complied. How do I incorporate this 365 days every year? This has got to be standard thinking.
15th/No snacking
17th/No snacking
18th/No snacking -Day 16
19th/Pause day #3- a day earlier than planned.
20th/No snacking- Day 17
21st/ No snacking - Day 18
22nd/ No Snacking - Day 19
23rd/ Pause day #4
24th/ No Snacking- Day 20
25th/ No Snacking - Day 21
26th/
27th/
28th/

Dr Geri, Gonna call this challenge good and begin a new March 1st. Not sure I will change my challenge, but may add to it. Will check back Sat or Sunday.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:54 AM   #273  
Peachbody

Woo hoo! Congratulations on winning your challenge, Diana! I appreciate your support in getting me through February, and I am inspired by your resolve against evening snacking. I appreciate how we focus on making good choices and creating new habits rather than numbers on a scale. I will see you back here at the beginning of March.

Enjoy the rest of the week celebrating our victories,
Geri
Old 02-28-2015, 11:57 PM   #274  
Peachbody

Default New March Challenge!

Ok Diana and everyone else who wants to join in with us, let's go get this! My March challenge will be twofold:

a) No sweets. I will enjoy my mandarin cups instead.
b) No potatoes. This is going to be even harder than the no sweets. I have a passionate love for mashed potatoes, and whenever my husband brings tater tots, french fries, or potato chips into the house (what a healthy pantry we have ), I want some. I'm not sure I can succeed at this, but I have to try. After chocolate and baked goods, potatoes comprise a big percentage of my poor eating choices.

For 21 days, I'm going to make better choices for myself. No sweets + no potatoes. Three pause days. A season of workplace stress ratcheting ever-higher. I'm going to need all the help I can get, but I believe it will be worth it. Better choices are in my future for March. It starts Sunday.

Diana, what will your challenge be?
Old 03-01-2015, 01:40 PM   #275  
DIANA

21 days challenge (3 pause days allowed). NO p,m, snacking and no in-between meal nibbling!

Day 1 -
Day 2 -
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -

Geri, Wow, do we have a great month ahead. Let's DO this!
Old 03-02-2015, 11:21 PM   #276  
Peachbody

Day 1--Sunday, March 1: No sweets, no spuds. Yet again I was shocked at how easily I almost ended up on a pause day because of mindlessness. At the restaurant (neither of us cook so we eat out a lot, which I know is part of the problem), I managed to avoid the coveted mashed potatoes, but I nearly filled my plate with hash browns instead. So glad I remembered just in time it was the first day of my new challenge.

Day 2--Monday, March 2: No sweets, no spuds. My husband ate potato chips and onion dip with dinner. Quite sure I would have asked for some if it weren't for my challenge.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 AM   #277  
DIANA

21 days challenge (3 pause days allowed). NO p,m, snacking and no in-between meal nibbling!

Day 1 -Check!
Day 2 -Check!
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -

Geri, We've got a great start. I'm going to get some yams today at the store. I especially like them bake as french fries. Have a great day!
Old 03-03-2015, 11:11 AM   #278  

Height: 5' 2"

Diana This is exactly what I need! Thanks.

Geri Each of you has made it 21 days on some things, but I do laugh at your giving up "spuds" and why. By the way, the Priest who married DH and I was nickenamed "SPUD." Bet we know why. He was always slender, tho.

my 21 day challenge is:
Add minimum of 10 minutes of aerobic exercise every day. 1 pause day max.
This will show on the pedometer I wear daily, too. Steps should be well above the lousy 3,000 and max 4,000 steps I've been taking.

Day 1 - 10 min on tredmill, breathing hard.
Day 2 -
Day 3 -
Day 4 -
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -

Last edited by love2garden; 03-03-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: change needed
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 09:04 AM   #279  
Peachbody

Day 3--Tuesday, March 3: No sweets, no spuds. Again I noticed how mindlessly I gravitate towards poor choices as I had to catch myself at the last minute before I automatically chose the potato soup for lunch. And the whole reason I was in the coffee shop looking at soup was because I was stress-eating after a stressful workplace meeting. Luckily, I remembered my challenge just in time. Another victory is that I noticed my winter coat is fitting slightly better. I must have lost an inch or two, which is good. Having my clothes fit better is so nice.

Diana, you are off to a great start, I'd like to hear a full report on the baked yam fries!

Love2Garden, welcome to the challenge! Every ten minutes of exercise is a good choice for your body!
Old 03-04-2015, 10:22 PM   #280  
DIANA

Day 1 -Check!
Day 2 -Check!
Day 3 -Check!
Day 4 -Check!
Day 5 -
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -

Geri, Nice to have some accountability for no p.m. snacking, better at no nibbling as well. There are many variations for the Sweet Potato Fries, here is the way I do it. Peel 1 or 2 sweet potatoes into 1/4"strips. Put on baking tray along with (1 or 2 T) olive oil, (1 tsp) cumin, sea salt & freshly ground pepper. Toss fries to distribute oil & seasoning. Bake at 400 for 30 mins or until crisp. Carrots are also great this way. So good to hear your clothes are fitting better, way to go!

Love2, Hope you are motivated to get up and moving on a daily basis. You can do it. If you blow it, start over. That's what we've done before.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:04 AM   #281  
Peachbody

Day 4--Wednesday, March 4: No sweets, no spuds. Wanted chocolate in the evening, but did not give in and have any.

Diana, I am drooling over your recipe for sweet potato fries and imagining the yummy carrot version, too. Keep up your early streak of no snacking and no nibbling.

Love2Garden, how are you doing on your ten minutes a day so far?
Old 03-05-2015, 09:10 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 198/196/130

Height: 5'4"

To only eat when i am truly hungry.
Lovelystrongdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:45 AM   #283  
Peachbody

Day 5--Thursday, March 5: No sweets, no spuds.

Welcome to your first post and your first 21-day challenge, Lovelystrongdove! Check in here during your challenge so we can encourage you to get more in touch with the connection between eating and hunger, a very fine goal indeed.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:42 AM   #284  
DIANA

Lovely, to 3FC and this thread. Changing bad eating habits is a great place to start on perminent lifestyle changes. There are some great accountability threads also when you are ready for more. Let us know how you are doing, so we can support you.
Old 03-06-2015, 10:48 AM   #285  
DIANA

Day 1 -Check!
Day 2 -Check!
Day 3 -Check!
Day 4 -Check!
Pause Day 1 - like a fall from grace, ugh. Nibbled and had a small pm snack. Time to refocus today and get back onto better eating habits.
Day 5 -Check!
Day 6 -
Day 7 -
Day 8 -
Day 9 -
Day 10 -
Day 11 -

Geri, Keep up the great progress and mindful eating pattern -

love2,, how is your challeng going? Don't give up, we are here to support you.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 03-06-2015 at 10:20 PM. Reason: update