Old 01-30-2015, 11:29 PM   #241  
Peachbody

Day 1-- Friday, January 30: Mandarin cup. Weekends are restaurant days, so I am trying to decide my strategy for tomorrow. I would like to save my pause day for later in the challenge, but I do not know if I can do it. Will report back tomorrow.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 02:45 PM   #242  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Any one else up for a challenge?

Dr Geri, give it your best shot. I'm eating over at a friends house tonight, then a movie with possible popcorn. So I may or may not be p.m. snacking tonight, but am good with it either way.

I'll be starting Feb 1st, attempt the whole month, with 4 pause days.
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:45 PM   #243  
Peachbody

Day 2--Saturday, January 31: Today went well. I chose a bowl of sweet fruit at the restaurant instead of the desserts I would've otherwise eaten. This is a good start for my do-over challenge.

Diana, have a great night, enjoy the movie theater popcorn if you choose it, and I'll see you tomorrow for Day 1 of your challenge.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #244  
DIANA

28 days challenge of NO p.m. snacking (4 pause days allowed).

Feb. 1; Ready to accept the challenge!
2;
3;
4;
5;
6;
7;
8;
9;

Dr. Geri, good choices at the restaurant last night!
Old 02-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #245  
Peachbody

Day 3--Sunday, February 1: Mandarin cup. Sweets were pretty much the only thing I didn't eat today.

Diana, welcome to day one for your challenge!
Old 02-02-2015, 04:57 PM   #246  
DIANA

Feb. 1; Ready to accept the challenge! NO p.m. snack, but a lovely cup of tea!
2;
3;
4;
5;
6;
7;
8;
9;

Dr. Geri,My Feb. 1st was an eat all day and not exercise event, ugh! Doing much better today.
Old 02-02-2015, 11:34 PM   #247  
Peachbody

Day 4--Monday, February 2: Mandarin cup. Downright queasy this morning as a result of my poor eating choices last night. Glad I didn't make it much worse today, but I need to supplement my mandarin cup choice with more greens.

Diana, I hope you are filling your evening with so many satisfying things you don't even think about snacking.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #248  
DIANA

2; No p.m. snacking
3; No p.m. snacking - but had a mid day sugar & crash. I feel icky tonight.
4;
5;
6;
7;
8;
9;

Dr. Geri, Unfortunately can relate to your queasy feeling, Sending out & hope in kicks in for both of us.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:35 AM   #249  
Peachbody

Day 5--Tuesday, February 3: Mandarin cup. Felt better about my choices today, which included a big salad.

Diana, hang in there through the sugar crash. I hope today will feel less icky for you.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:40 AM   #250  
DIANA

2; No p.m. snacking
4; No p.m. snacking - liking the row of no snacking stickers on my calendar, a good start to a good habit.
5;
6;
7;
8;
9;

Dr. Geri,I had a garden club potluck yesterday at lunch and there was no fruits or vegs . I couldn't believe my eyes, but ate two little gluten free sandwich triangles, managed to dig out some goodies added to a noodle salad and did eat one chocolate cup cake. There was three chocolate deserts offered. I've concluded I will have to bring an emergency catch in the future, so I can join but augment what I eat.
Old 02-05-2015, 12:09 PM   #251  
Peachbody

Day 6--Wednesday, February 4: Mandarin cup. Thank goodness this challenge is about sweets and not about my other food choices, because Wednesday was a horrorshow. But no sweets, so I'll call it a relative win.

Diana, it sounds like you did a wonderful job coping with the garden club potluck. One cupcake is better than three chocolate desserts! And it reminds me to add a few preventative mandarin cups to the glove compartment of my car.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:25 AM   #252  
Peachbody

Day 7--Thursday, February 5: mandarin cup. I continue to be stressed and tired, so I have been making some terrible meal choices, but at least I did not compound them with sweets.

Day 8--Friday, February 6: mandarin cup. But I inhaled a huge lunch without tasting it. I do not approve of the universal pathologisation of fat, so it has taken me a long, long time to accept that overeating and holding onto weight probably is my body's maladaptive method of working so hard to help me cope with the traumas of the past and the pressures of the present. I wonder if I have been subconsciously compensating for the reduction in sweets with an increase in consuming everything else. I wish I knew what would work to heal the underlying emotional issues so I could free my body from the need for all this weight.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:23 PM   #253  
DIANA

2; No p.m. snacking
4; No p.m. snacking - liking the row of no snacking stickers on my calendar, a good start to a good habit.
5; No p.m. snacking
6; No p.m. snacking - but midday had way to much of a goody that I baked for my dh, ugh!
7;
8;
9;

Dr. Geri, You have hit the motherload with that observation. My dh says I need to quit saying negative affirmations and replace them with what I want. I know this can help, but it is challenging changing habits as we both know. I've been told to accept the past and move on (again) to what I want. After studying the metaphysical reasons for overweight (protection and fulfillment) I am striving to find peace and security - in myself and affirmations, not in food. Maybe you can help with some good affirmations for both of us.
Old 02-08-2015, 11:25 PM   #254  
Peachbody

Pause Day 1-- Saturday, February 7: Planned pause day.
Day 9--Sunday, February 8: Glad to have the mandarin challenge, or I would have had multiple sweets today.

Diana, you are doing a great job with no evening snacking! Congratulations and keep going. I also like the idea of the stickers on your calendar.

I'm comforted to hear you have also wrestled with the psychological side of weight. What did you read to learn more about protection and fulfillment? I am always hoping the next book I read will be the key to adding those things to my life in healthy, non consumable ways.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:17 PM   #255  
DIANA

2; No p.m. snacking
5; No p.m. snacking
6; No p.m. snacking - but midday had way to much of a goody that I baked for my dh, ugh!
7; No
8; No
9; No p.m. snacking - but would like to even though not hungry, Hum?

Dr Geri, the stickers remind me of how hard I've worked & look nifty, so I want more on my calendar(& don't want any holes). I seem to have trouble getting new habits/ideas to stick. But one book by Dr. Phil McGraw did stick for a while. It's called "The Ultimate Weight Solution: 7 keys to weight loss freedom. I'm currently reading Deepak Chopra's "What are you Hungry For? and will let you know if it helps. He says mindful eating is a major key, sorta like what the 21 day challenge does for us before we engage in a long time habitual habit. What has been most helpful to you?