"Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge

You're on Page 9 of 34
Go to
  • Just one sweet after lunch and just one after dinner, and I will drink only water, tea, and green smoothies.

Day 8 - 4/29 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 9 - 4/30 Just One + Drink No Calories. Nice to meet you, tyla, I hope your challenge goes really well.
    Day 10 5/1 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 11 5/2 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 12 5/3 Just One + Drink No Calories. Doing pretty well in the second week of my challenge. Hoping to ingrain these habits strongly enough to make better choices next month when things are likely to be more difficult. Diana, I'm inspired by your attitude.
    Day 13 5/4 Just One + Drink No Calories. I've been making decent choices of eating greens and limiting sweets when my schedule is so punishing that I have no other choice, but let's hope I will have solidified the habit by the time the safety net of routine is removed.
    Day 14 5/5 Just One + Drink No Calories
    Day 15 5/6 Just One + Drink No Calories Have avoided doughnuts waved under my nose twice in four days, which I will call a win. It helped to think to myself, "Are these doughnuts really worth one of my pause days? Nah."

5/7 Pause. It is illustrative of how mindless I've been that I ordered and drank a mug of hot chocolate with a friend at a coffee shop before I looked down and realized with a sinking feeling that I had just wasted one of my paused days without even thinking about it.
    Day 16 5/8 Just One + Drink No Calories. Back on the horse, learning to be resilient.
  • Hi All,
    This is day 3 with a pause in between. Already? At least, I'm back and got right back on the horse.

Have a great weekend!
  • tyla & Dr geri, Pause days happen, good to see both of you get right back on track. I'm almost done with this 21 days and think I need to address regularity in either my daily exercise or daily eating routines. I'm stressing and need help with focusing on healthy!

Gonna do another round of No pm snacking, this time with 3 pause days.
    4/19 - Day 1 - No Snacking - although I ate all day long. Luckily tomorrow is a new day and a new week =New Beginning.
    4/20 - Day 2 - No Snacking - still eating too much during the day(30 mins ex -am)
    4/21 - Day 3 - No Snacking - gaining weight & starting to get mad =hoping this means better focus for both food and exerise, ugh!!(25 mins ex -am)
    4/22 - Day 4 - No Snacking - Today I am mad - I can turn this bad slump around. Today I will eat healthy foods, drink water and will take a half hour walk with my dog. I will make me the first priority.
    4/23 - Day 5 - No snacking, Back on program -
    4/24 - Day 6 - No snacking, Challenging dinner tonight and potluck tomorrow - must choose wisely and remember to drink water. Bringing a dessert I can eat the middle of (whipped creme and fresh berries).
    4/25 1st PAUSE Day.
    4/26 - Day 7 - No Snacking, I am stuffed from potluck foods today. I have taken a probiotic and will ride my recumbent bike tonight.
    4/27 - Day 8 - No Snacking -
    4/28 - Day 9 - No Snacking - doing well at night, really just want to go to bed.
    4/29 - pause Day #2
    4/30 - Day 10 - No pm Snacking - Not drinking or writing foods down, this is where I need focus power!
    5/1 - Day 11 - No Snacking
    5/2 - Day 12 - No Snacking - still could improve overall but much improved eating, drinking water and writing down foods.
    5/3 - Day 13 - No Snacking
    5/4- Day 14 - No Snacking
    5/5 - Day 15 - No Snacking
    5/6 - Day 16 - No Snacking - I am hoping to be getting this habit down for good.
    5/7 - Day 17 - No Snacking
    5/8 - Day 18 - No Snacking -Surrender to the fact that this needs to be a lifetime habit!
    5/9 - Day 19 - No Snacking - almost to day 21.
    5/10 - Day 20 -
    5/11 - Day 21 -
  • Day 4, which is great for a weekend!

working, best of luck to you! And please don't stress over this. (Easy for me to say. lol )
  • Day 5!

Happy Mother's Day!
  • tyla & Dr geri, hope you both had a nice mother's day. My boys took me out to dinner, just nice not to have to cook!

5/10 - Day 20 - No snacking
    5/11 - Day 21 - No snacking End of round!!

My next challenge will be to focus at starting the day right, 50 oz of water and 20mins of exercise.
    May 12 Day 1 - wish me luck setting consistency in the fullness of summer.
  • Day 6! Starting to feel a lot better physically and mentally. Not weighing myself, which is so much better for my morale.

Working, I'm so glad you had a nice Mother's Day! Congrats on your great work of eating in control!
  • Tyla and Diane, you are killing it! Woo hoo!

I, on the other hand, descended into Fail last week. I have concluded that I can make these changes at home and in restaurants pretty successfully, but at work with all the stress I discard all commitments I've made to myself. I don't even know what kind of challenge to try next that will enable me to get through the next few months of reception season.
  • Habit 1: Drink a minimum of 24 oz water. Level 3. (Once I complete level 3, I will do level 2, and then level 1.) I have to do this.

Starting over
  • I can't believe this is day 7, since I was really spiraling out of control for weeks. Yesterday I went to a luncheon at The Cheesecake Factory. After lunch, all the other women had giant cheesecakes or other giant cakes. But I sipped my iced tea. I'm so proud of myself!!! Being with all of you on this thread has helped me. Thank you!!!

Dr. G, I had to start off slow. I've decided to take the edge off by not frantically counting calories like I usually do, but instead eat 3 healthy meals that are filling and eat a vegetable or fruit when hungry. Plus I'm trying to stay away from sugar. All of this is new for me. No pressure this way. And I had to stay off the scale. That was driving me crazy. (I wasn't losing weight fast enough or it gave me license to eat more.) It's only been 7 days, but I feel so much better about everything. All I'm trying to tell you is that you have to do something different. Make this some sort of game where you win. All the best to you!!!! By the way, I'm not claiming to be an expert at any of this. After all, t's only been 7 days.

Welcome back, Jazzy Peggy!

Hi Working!
  • Day 8

Hi Everyone!
  • My next challenge - 50 oz of water and 20mins of exercise/day (3 pause days).
    May 12 Day 1 - wish me luck setting consistency in the fullness of summer.
    May 13 Day 2 - I really have to work at the water consumption and have to force myself to exercise - I did the exercise in the am, the best time for me.
    May 14 Day 3 - Got the water going, have been in the kitchen since waking up(hummingbird water, crockpot roast, blueberry jam & choc chip cookies). Now I need to focus on exercise -after posting or the day will disappear.

tyla, you are doing it this time, good on YOU!

Jazz, Make this a priority & you CAN do this. Thinking of your lovely state this morning& it's green rolling hills(former Cincinnatian). Walk a mile for me and tell me what you see. I live in Eastern Oregon now- arid - and we are turning brown. I see not so many trees but lots of lovely sky and Plateaus.

Dr Geri, continual receptions would be a huge challenge. Let me share my potluck experience which may be helpful.
    1- Go gluten free as if your life depended on it(plus you can eat more fruit & vegies to fill up).
    2-Put a maximum dessert limit, I do 2, small servings with NO seconds = because I love my body.
    3- Eat totally clean and drink a lot of hot tea which will be in both hands at all times, no room for wiggle here.
    Maybe your 21 day challenge should be on water to fill you up before you go to these receptions. Keep trying and keep in touch!
  • Thanks for all your advice after my failed challenge, tyla and other friends. Diana, that's a good suggestion to make the next one a water challenge. I will drink a glass of water before each reception or other event at work where I know sweets will be served. That is doable. On days when there are no reception events, I will just add an extra glass of water to drink at work at any time. So I will call this one my Full Glass Challenge.
  • Day 9

Dr. Geri, Diana, and Jazzy, wishing you the best today.
  • I will drink a glass of water before each reception or other event at work where I know sweets will be served. On days when there are no reception events, I will just add an extra glass of water to drink at work at any time.

Day 1 - 5/14 Full Glass, not giving up on my commitment to healthier habits