3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   "Forming new habits "- 21 Day Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/293440-forming-new-habits-21-day-challenge.html)

workinglikeadog 05-02-2015 12:21 PM

Challenge: change just one small habit!

Joda, :wel3fc: to this thread. Water is always a great habit.

stepby,I think your wisdom of just saying no the square. If I have any trouble at stopping, I'll need to change my daily treat. I so can relate to shopping as this sets the tone for good eating for the next week. May your strength inspire me for this week's shopping.

Geri,hope Friday's sweets were passible. Have you ever thought about asking them to move the food/goodies at work so you don't have to walk right past them?

Crow, Hoping you had the strength against your weekend temptations. Even if I'm full the supermarket has to be well guarded mentally.

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

April 29th-Day 1, Journal, 2 Dove DK Ch Sq's
April 30th-Day 2, Journal, 1 c carmel popcorn & 2 Dove Dk Ch Sq's - gonna try harder next time to not even taste goodies brought before me. I have the 2 Dove's after supper & will prob do this every day. Even today is a lot better than treats prior to starting the challenge. It's a challenge, but I'm worth it!
May 1st-Day 3, Journal & 2 Dove(so wanted more). It's been interesting writing down all food that go into my mouth, making me more mindful. It's been a great thing having to report my sweets cause what I wanted and what I ate are miles apart, lol. Thanks for this group effort opportunity to change.

LETS DO THIS! :coffee:

Dr Geri 05-02-2015 11:49 PM

Day 5--Friday, May 1: I ate everything in sight except sweets and spuds.

Pause Day 1--Saturday, May 2: I think my ambition to drop down to only two pause days backfired on me terribly today. I ended up spending a pause day at the buffet restaurant where we often eat on weekends. Then I panicked that I would have only one pause day remaining for the next seventeen days, and that triggered a crazy binge. I thought, well if I can't have any more sweets or spuds for another two weeks, I might as well make my pause day today count. And so I ate so many desserts that it has been eight hours since, and I'm still nauseous and miserable. I don't even want to admit to anyone how much I ate. I think that to prevent acting out of that desperation of deprivation again, I'm going to have to stick to three pause days. I feel awful, both physically and emotionally right now.

workinglikeadog 05-03-2015 09:55 AM

Geri, You have been making tremendous strides in this thead, truely tremendous. Yesterday is in the past, so you can let it go. The point of this thread is to help you form lifetime habits that you can live better with. Remember last challenge, I technically failed, but I realized in the bigger picture, it was a fabulous month. I think that if you look at the bigger picture you will see your great success and find strength to work on this habit again(or something else that will also serve you well.) :hug: (p,s, Change this challenge pause days to 4 or start over - whatever is most helpful)

Journal everything I eat and post my sugar TREATS . I need accountability and am thinking that posting will help keep my sugar intake down. Three pause days allowed.

April 30th-Day 2, Journal, 1 c carmel popcorn & 2 Dove Dk Ch Sq's - gonna try harder next time to not even taste goodies brought before me. I have the 2 Dove's after supper & will prob do this every day. Even today is a lot better than treats prior to starting the challenge. It's a challenge, but I'm worth it!
May 1st-Day 3, Journal & 2 Dove(so wanted more). It's been interesting writing down all food that go into my mouth, making me more mindful. It's been a great thing having to report my sweets cause what I wanted and what I ate are miles apart, lol. Thanks for this group effort opportunity to change.
May 2nd- Day 4, Journal & 2 Dove. I seemed to pout less about having to write down all my foods(no tablespoon nibbling throughout the day). It helps that I am down a pound this am(finally), so it gives me courage to continue this challenge.:cp:

Hope everyone is doning well with their challenges.

LETS DO THIS! :dust:

stepbystep 05-03-2015 10:26 AM

Geri, sorry to hear you're struggling. As workinglikeadog said, it's done now and the only way is forward.... one day is by no means going to matter in the long run, unless you let it derail you, back on track is the way forward (( )) I also think it's wise advice to amend your pause days, this thread is here to motivate and support not to punish.

Workinglikeadog, congrats on the loss and on keeping up the accountability, you are doing great :)

No 'bad' snacks challenge

Day 1: 28/4 - done
PAUSE 1: 29/4 - invited to a mates, ate a few crisps and a couple of jelly sweets because they were there. Didn't go mad so not beating myself up.... but that's my treat for the week done and dusted!
Day 2: 30/4 - done
Day 3: 1/5 - done
Day 4: 2/5 - done
Day 5: 3/5 - done

I am posting this about an hour before bed, but my mind is so set now I know I won't be reaching for the snacks, who knew I'd ever be this in control? Please let it continue! It's my official 'ticker dropping' weigh in in the morning so that helps keep focus :)

Jodaleeb 05-04-2015 12:33 AM

Oops I've had a new start everyday since started. Oh well. But on the brighter side I am drinking lots more water everyday. Just not getting my full quota.
Wondering if I should aim smaller and increase it once my habit kicks in. Say 5 glasses. ;) or is that considered cheating?..

Dr Geri 05-04-2015 09:05 AM

Day 6--Sunday, May 3: No sweets, no spuds. Back on the horse, actually chose some green things to eat. Thank you, Hard Working Dog and Stepper, for helping me through my dark day.

Jodaleeb, you can run your own challenge however you want. Pulling back to five glasses seems entirely reasonable, and a great place from which to build in the future. Our motto here is "progress, not perfection." Think of the good you are doing your body with five glasses.

workinglikeadog 05-05-2015 03:49 PM

Joda, Thank you for making me think of drinking more water. If you can't get 8 in a day, go smaller and feel good about your improvement and consistency. You are forming a new habit, one cup at a time.

Geri, So good to hear you are back on track.

May 2nd- Day 4, Journal & 2 Dove. I seemed to pout less about having to write down all my foods(no tablespoon nibbling throughout the day). It helps that I am down a pound this am(finally), so it gives me courage to continue this challenge.
May 3rd-Day 5, Journal & 2 Dove plus 1 Butter cookie.
May 4th-Day 6, Journal & 2 Dove.(This is good cause it was a town day/groceries. Having to report is a good thing for me, Thanks ladies.)

Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges.

LETS DO THIS! :grouphug:

Dr Geri 05-05-2015 11:19 PM

Day 7--Monday, May 4: No sweets, no spuds.

Day 8--Tuesday, May 5: No sweets, no spuds.

Wishing challenge progress to everyone

workinglikeadog 05-06-2015 09:57 PM

May 4th-Day 6, Journal & 2 Dove.(This is good cause it was a town day/groceries. Having to report is a good thing for me, Thanks ladies.)
May 5th-Day 7, Journal & scoop of ice cream
May 6th- Day 8, Journal, cupcake & cup of punch(not as satisfying for the calories)
May 7th
May 8th
May 9th

Hope everyone is doing well with their challenges.:wave:

LETS DO THIS!

Obsidianbbw 05-07-2015 11:37 AM

So I need some accountability, I've been on the thread years ago, some I finished...some not

So my goal is 21 days of working out in the morning before work.

I'm going to say it is a level 3

Today is Day 1

:wave: hi everyone.

Dr Geri 05-08-2015 12:40 AM

Day 9--Wednesday, May 6: No sweets, no spuds. Passed up the most divine-smelling doughnuts at work. Springtime really is just overflowing with workplace sweets, but I was proud I was able to stick to my challenge.

Day 10--Thursday, May 7: No sweets, no spuds. Stressful twelve-hour day, if there had been any sweets in the house, I would have turned to them tonight. I am glad my husband only stocks goodies for himself he knows I don't like.

Welcome, Obsidian! How was your workout this morning?

Go, Diana! Go Jodaleeb, go Stepper, go Crow, go Gardener, go everyone!

Obsidianbbw 05-08-2015 09:51 AM

Didn't happen I normally workout at early 4 or 5am. I was up till 1am so it is going to happen tonight since I refuse to use a pause day this early. I also realized belatedly I need to work out 7 days in a row...so this is gonna get interesting.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr Geri (Post 5162332)
Welcome, Obsidian! How was your workout this morning?

Go, Diana! Go Jodaleeb, go Stepper, go Crow, go Gardener, go everyone!

Obsidianbbw 05-09-2015 10:53 AM

So clearly I didn't think this through when I started this challenge..blah

Workout didn't happen yesterday I came home at 7pm sat on the couch and went straight to sleep. Rather than use a pause day I'm going to change and start over

21 days of activity at least 15 min each day.
Activity can be workout out, or walking to the bus from work which takes about 20 min.

3 pause days Today is Day 1.

Lets see if I can make this happen

hope everyone else is having a great weekend.

workinglikeadog 05-09-2015 04:55 PM

:welcome: Obsidian,This is a good thread for accountability. If 15 mins is too hard to start with, try 10(baby steps). Good luck.

Geri,You are doing great, I'm pleased for you that your hubbie's goodies are not temping for you.

May 5th-Day 7, Journal & scoop of ice cream
May 6th- Day 8, Journal, cupcake & cup of punch(not as satisfying for the calories)
May 7th -Day 9, Journal, 2 dove, & carmel corn(we told our friend not to get any more cause it was too good.
May 8th- Day 10, Journal, 2 dove and 2 freshly baked pb cookies(going to see my college son this Sun and wanted to bring his favorite cookie). One of those cookies was actually cookie dough which I didn't even realize I ate until I swallowed - :o
May 9th- Day 11, 2 Dove, and 1 huge haystack cookie. --- p.m. - 2 pb cookies witch the scale showed this a.m. and I felt quite full after eating, darn it.

I may have to do a 21 day no cookie challenge, my weakness.:nono: So I hope everyone does well the next few days and I will check in midweek when we get back home.

LETS DO THIS!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

SeeMyFeet 05-09-2015 05:25 PM

Ok, I'll try this challenge again.....

2 habits:

--Swimming every day (not sure if I have the time) LEVEL 4
--No liquid donuts, ever, any type, any amount, for any reason (recently diagnosed with RA :( and don't need the hassle of medicinal interactions) LEVEL 1

I'll post my past progress...so I can get a pat on the head sooner, ha.

____ :swim:? and__NO :cheers: ?

Day 01:___check__ and _ check__:) (Apr27)
Day 02: __check__ and_ _check__:) (Apr28)
Day 03: __check__ and
__check_ :) (Apr29)
Day 04: _ check__ and __check_ :) (Apr30)
Day 05: __check__ and _ check_ :) (May01)
Day 06: __check__ and _ check__:) (May02)
Day 07: __check__ and
__check_ :) (May03)
Day 08: _ check__ and
__check_ :) (May04)
Day 09: __check__ and
__check_ :) (May05)
Day 10: _ check__ and_
_ check_ :) (May06)
Day 11: __check__ and_
_ check_ :) (May07)
Day 12: _ check__ and
__check_ :) (May08)