Old 07-15-2014, 02:51 PM   #166  
Peachbody

Hello Chicks, and Diana in particular. I'm back. I'm sorry for my radio silence, I have not forgotten you or my desire to make better choices for my body. I had many adventures on my trip, including eating so much cake and meat that I came back home feeling really run down. I don't want to feel like that.

My new challenge will be twofold:
1) Just one sweet per day, this is maintaining a habit I had previously done well with.
2) Exercise 5 days out of 7.

I do feel like I have a good shot at maintaining this for the next 21 days because of my current summer schedule. Two pause days permitted.

Day 1: Monday, July 14 -- Just one and workout 1/5

Last edited by Dr Geri; 07-16-2014 at 08:10 PM.
Dr Geri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:12 PM   #167  
Peachbody

1) Just one sweet per day, this is maintaining a habit I had previously done well with.

I do feel like I have a good shot at maintaining this for the next 21 days because of my current summer schedule. Two pause days permitted.

Day 2: Tuesday, July 15 -- Just one and workout 2/5. In hindsight, I realize I pushed the workout too hard on Tuesday and paid for it Wednesday. One does not make up for a multitude of cake in one day.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #168  
Peachbody

Day 2: Tuesday, July 15 -- Just one and workout 2/5. In hindsight, I realize I pushed the workout too hard on Tuesday and paid for it Wednesday. One does not make up for a multitude of cake in one day.
Day 3: Wednesday, July 16 -- Just one. No workout.
Old 07-21-2014, 12:20 AM   #169  
Peachbody

Day 4: Thursday, July 17 -- Just one and workout 3/5
Day 5: Friday, July 18 -- Just one. No workout. Had to go in to work, and as soon as that happens, my exercise goes out the door.
Day 6: Saturday, July 19 -- Just one. Workout 4/5
PAUSE: Sunday, July 20. Ugh. No workout. Definitely not Just One. Today I did nothing to honor my body or elevate my health. I am worried I made this challenge too ambitious and am setting myself up for another failure.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #170  
Peachbody

Day 5: Friday, July 18 -- Just one. No workout. Had to go in to work, and as soon as that happens, my exercise goes out the door.
PAUSE: Sunday, July 20. Ugh. No workout. Definitely not Just One. Today I did nothing to honor my body or elevate my health. I am worried I made this challenge too ambitious and am setting myself up for another failure.

Day 7: Monday, July 21 -- Just one and workout 1/5. I have decided that rather than failing yet another challenge, I'm bumping my pause days up to three. One chance to drop the ball per week.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #171  
Peachbody

Day 7: Monday, July 21 -- Just one and workout 1/5. I have decided that rather than failing yet another challenge, I'm bumping my pause days up to three. One chance to drop the ball per week.
Day 8: Tuesday, July 22 -- Just one and workout 2/5. Back on it! GRRRR!
Day 9: Wednesday, July 23 -- Just one and workout 3/5
Old 07-25-2014, 02:34 PM   #172  
Peachbody

Day 10: Thursday, July 24 -- Just one and workout 4/5
Old 07-27-2014, 01:02 AM   #173  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dr. Geri,
So good to see you back on challenge. I will have to figure out what I need to work on the most. Summer schedule and heat has my best habits all out of sink. Sounds like your summer schedule is somewhat regular at this point. Three pause days(1/week) works well for me also. Keep up the good work!

Anyone else up for the challenge?
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:39 PM   #174  
Peachbody

Day 11: Friday, July 25 -- Just one and workout 5/5 Yeay!
Day 12: Saturday, July 26 -- Just one, but no workout.
PAUSE: Sunday, July 27. Everything goes out the window during travel.
Day 13: Monday, July 28 -- Just one. Workout 1/5.
Day 14: Tuesday, July 29 -- Just one. Workout 2/5

Hello Diana, great to see you again. Let's do this together!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:14 PM   #175  
DIANA

I am totally off program so will start with a small healthy habit and hope to build from there.

For this challenge I will take my daily vitamins every day, with only 1 pause day possible.

Day 1 - July 27th - this is a new beginning, one small step.
Day 2 - July 28th
Day 3 - July 29th
Day 4 - July 30th - this old habit is beginning to feel natural again.

Dr. Geri, travel can easily throw a person off. We are in harvest now(wheat) and any habit is challenging as I am main helper(all day) for my husband. The heat has my exercise totally off. I am thinking something low intensity like pilates, streching or yoga may be my best bet. What are you doing for exercise?

Any one else up for a challenge?
Old 08-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #176  
Peachbody

Day 11: Friday, July 25 -- Just one and workout 5/5 Yeay!
Day 12: Saturday, July 26 -- Just one, but no workout.
PAUSE: Sunday, July 27. Everything goes out the window during travel.

Day 13: Monday, July 28 -- Just one. Workout 1/5.
Day 14: Tuesday, July 29 -- Just one. Workout 2/5
Day 15: Wednesday, July 30 -- Just one. Workout 3/5. I've been walking on the treadmill. Although I can't go very fast, I have been trying to gradually increase the incline. Also a little bit of time on the elliptical glider. I need to get back into lifting weights, too, but I've got carpal tunnel problems which make grasping weights painful so I have to figure that out.
Day 16: Thursday, July 31 -- Just one but no workout. Either I'm getting sick, or my body just needed a rest from the gym today.
Old 08-01-2014, 07:56 AM   #177  
Sue finding inner song

S/C/G: 313.4/298.2/160

Height: 5' 4" 3/4

Well.. its been a few months since I posted here... and I miss tracking my steps... I have them in my book.. but it makes me more accountable when I see them on this screen! ... so...... for 21 days (or more) I am walking at least 8500 steps a day! Even if I have to walk around my house to get them in! LOL 1 pause. that is it.. just 1.

Day 1 7/31 = 17901 steps (I usually am over 10,000.. but some days....)
wannaskipandlaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:47 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

Seems like a great challenge!

I want to learn to live without bread and experiment with other carbs. So my challenge is no bread for 21 days!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 09:16 PM   #179  
DIANA

For this challenge I will take my daily vitamins every day, with only 1 pause day possible.

Day 1 - July 27th - this is a new beginning, one small step.
Day 2 - July 28th
Day 3 - July 29th
Day 4 - July 30th - this old habit is beginning to feel natural again.
Day 5 - July 31st
Day 6 - Aug 1st - I had to remind myself several times today to get the job done, One small step back to regularity!

Dr. Geri, Maybe I should try some pm time on the recumbent bike while I watch my no brain before bedtime show. Sorry to hear about your carpal tunnel problems. Are you wearing a wrist brace? That really helps me out if my wrists tune up. Hoping all you needed was a rest from the gym yesterday.

wanna, so good to see you again. What a great challenge, I had forgotten about your step challenge but think I was having trouble moving back then too and might have joined you(?). Good luck, know what you mean about the occasional low day.

muquet, Welcome to the challenge and to 3 fat chicks. I love your bread and carbs challenge. Let us know how it helps your weight loss!

Any one else up for a challenge?
Old 08-02-2014, 02:56 PM   #180  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

For 21 days, I will keep up with all the 3fc challenges in which I am enrolled. And drink more water.
01 Sat02Aug:
02 Sun03Aug:

03 Mon04Aug:
04 Tue05Aug:
05 Wed06Aug:
06 Thu07Aug:
07 Fri08Aug:
08 Sat09Aug:
09 Sun10Aug:
10 Mon11Aug:

11 Tue12Aug:
12 Wed13Aug: