Countdown to Summer Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 9
Go to
  • Tonight I'll post my Mar 17th number.

I'm essentially fasting since Saturday morning and losing a pound a day so I can reach my goal in about 15 days if I stay the course. I'm surprised I have enough energy to get out of bed but I don't notice any energy/strength loss. It'll probably show up in lack of endurance.

Otherwise, my Excel computations based on the previous 28 days of measurements show that my goal is 20 weeks away.

Just for laughs I'll try to stay the course.
  • Thank you for the welcome glad to be here. I have no idea what the signature is yet either. My post was suppose to say summer clothes not goals. Oh well that's what I get for writing at 11pm.

I'm feeling good today went water jogging this morning. Hadn't worked out in a month due to illness.

Not going to weigh myself till end of week. Have a great week everyone.
  • Fell off the wagon last night and now climbing back on. I'm at 165.6.
    When I hit 165, maybe this week, I think I'll throw a party.

170 to 165.6 in the last 10 days = 0.44 lb/day.
    165.6 to 150 is 15.6 lbs, 15.6/0.44 = 35 days from now.

This weight loss is more like a marathon than a sprint.

At 29 days into this, the up/down loss during each week of the first 20 days has gotten much less. I guess that's good.
  • ^ It really is like a marathon lol. I started heavy lifting again last evening and the scale shot up 1.25 lbs this morning Probably gonna take some weeks to see some scale loss again because I'm not giving up my weight lifting. It feels too good
  • I've been goofing off on the weightlifting and the aerobics. I guess I'm waiting to see my abs under the fat.

The Navy Seals say that 450 Cals/hr is an easy workout and 750 is hard but depending on what machine I'm on, I get different readings. 300 Cals in 30 minutes on the stair climber is pretty much my current limit.

With the leg press I can do 2x my body weight but I saw a guy the other day who was doing several reps of 750 lbs. Where do these people come from?
  • Hi everyone! Congrats to everyone on a great week I need to kick my butt into gear!

I'm finally starting to feel better. 2 lbs down this week, but still 1 lb heavier than my starting weight. My friend introduced me to Melaleuca products and I'm loving the vitamins and the glucose control shakes. I finally feel like I'm getting my energy back (take that thyroid )! I've also started using the Renew lotion, and my eczema is going away!! I can finally show my engagement ring off without feeling embarrased (I have eczema on my knuckles, and it's worse on my left hand). Hoping I can get into a regular exercise routine now that I have some energy. My fiance has a meeting at work on Thursday about the reorganization. Praying for some good news

If anyone is interested in the products, you can PM me for more info. This is the only thing I've found so far that has helped me to feel normal.
  • Any nutritionists here?
    My calories in are about zero and my activity level burns me about zero calories, my BMR = 1500 Cals/day (from a Web calculator) and I am losing about 1400 Cals/day, 0.4 lbs/day.

1400 vs. 1500 might be due to experimental error, so, my weight loss is only due to my BMR.

Right?
  • I've done horrible in gaining back 15 pounds...I feel miserable and have a pouchy gut. I added my name and good challenge to get back on the wagon!!!
  • Quote: I've done horrible in gaining back 15 pounds...I feel miserable and have a pouchy gut. I added my name and good challenge to get back on the wagon!!!
    Just curious as to how long it took to gain 15 lbs. Do you have a record of the days and the weights?
    By now I know how long it takes me to lose just 5 lbs.
  • Morning Ladies. I saw a nice 2 pound drop - lovely. I wasn't able to raise my exercise level ( and saw 10 less foot miles than less week-I monitor all day). I would say the drop is due to another week of NO WHITES, (no white flour, no wheat, no white sugar, low starchy carbs plus no pm snacking). Will be keeping these food practices up.

Hope everyone is seeing good results. Ten more weeks to GO!

SW: 156
    CW: 152.5
    GW: 146
  • Quote: Just curious as to how long it took to gain 15 lbs. Do you have a record of the days and the weights?
    By now I know how long it takes me to lose just 5 lbs.
    off and on since last fall....seriousness left me in early November and I've been non committed since. I've acted like I wanted to get back into the game and kept weights here and there but then was embarrassed and ashamed so I deleted them. I know I bounced between 175 and 185. I'm getting tired of the game
  • Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

Up right now still but I'm sure that half bottle of wine did not help either, lol. Still doing good on the food and exercise part so I'm just gonna keep on chugging along.
  • I lost some of the previous week's bloat gain; tomorrow will show how much.

I have been sick with an ear infection; I finally saw an ENT and he said I have a chronic infection and the prolly has been infected 6 months already. I really felt malaise all month of March. I did not get my exercise in. So I am going to be kind and forgiving to myself

My ear is feeling better and I feel 70% healed. A few more days and I'll be back to 100%

On a good note; I have been maintaining my weight. I really haven't gained. I have stayed around 140-144 pound range for 6 weeks now. Yay me. And that is without exercise, just diet alone. There is hope

So now that my ear problem has been solved and I am back to normal, I should be able to resume my workouts and subsequent weight loss. I can not lose weight with diet alone, I have concluded.

And that 128 pounds by June is still within my reach

I hope everyone is well and successful!
  • Feeling good!
    Hello Chickies,

Glad people have lost and maintained If you didn't hang in there it will happen! Stick with it! You can do it

I am down 5 lbs this week. I love the first week of commitment! All the water gain gone. I am taking this as a good start. I also made my fitness goal of working out three times this week. That one was hard!!

I have been feeling blah this week. I am going to Dr tomorrow. Thinking my thyroid or hormones are off. I am in menopause and not on hormone replacement. My thyroid meds were reduced to decrease hot flashes a few months ago. Hopefully it is something simple!

Thank you all for the support and being here.
  • Quote: off and on since last fall....seriousness left me in early November and I've been non committed since. I've acted like I wanted to get back into the game and kept weights here and there but then was embarrassed and ashamed so I deleted them. I know I bounced between 175 and 185. I'm getting tired of the game
    I continue to learn things about dieting.

"
    RESTING METABOLIC RATE (RMR) accounts for the larg-
    est component (60-75%) of total daily energy expendi-
    ture (13) and therefore plays a significant role in the regu-
    lation of energy balance.

be careful reducing your food calorie input below your RMR.
    "

My RMR is 1500 cals according to a Web calculator.
    I am currently losing 2.4 lbs/wk (3500 cals/lb of fat, assuming I'm not losing muscle mass) but over the longer term I am losing 1 lb/wk so in principle I can stay on this regime.

Post whatever days/weight data you have; I might be able to pull some conclusions out of it using Excel's data reduction functions.

I'm tired too.
    Our bodies are like food-fueled machines and they obey the laws of physics. Those laws will not change despite our wishes.