3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Countdown to Summer Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/293392-countdown-summer-challenge.html)

61433kodi 03-13-2014 04:08 PM

I'm In

I need a good challenge.:dizzy:

workinglikeadog 03-13-2014 04:42 PM

Marn, Sorry to have not read more carefully, no we did not start in the same place and you really do deserve a Congrats:congrat: on the tremendous progress you have made.

I should have said same current weight (reading your thread entry) but now I'm a bit confused cause your weight bar on the left says 176 :dizzy:
Just trying to be friendly and supportive.

summersky14 03-13-2014 07:33 PM

Amandie - congrats!! My first goal is to be back in the 150's again....today I weighed in at 164so I am on my way!! :)

Wobbly 03-14-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mam1958 (Post 4962648)
I want to put one of those scales on my user id but my computer virus guard says dangerous site?

Your spreadsheet might already have a graph or chart function.

My spreadsheet trendline/slope function says it's 25 weeks to reach my goal. :(

Plus, income tax time = anxiety = eating & drinking = more than 25 weeks. :(

The talkstats forum may be able to recommend a downloadable program that can do this.
The technical term is calculating "the least squares fit" - fitting a straight line to the data points.

amandie 03-14-2014 11:43 AM

Welcome to the newcomers!!!

Summersky- Thank you! Oh yea, you're well on your way, less than 5lbs to go. ;)

Wobbly- Sorry I couldn't help with your graph.

Wobbly 03-14-2014 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amandie (Post 4963158)
Welcome to the newcomers!!!

Summersky- Thank you! Oh yea, you're well on your way, less than 5lbs to go. ;)

Wobbly- Sorry I couldn't help with your graph.

And I broke the golden rule.

Game Theory has advice on how to treat others

"The Golden Rule is not opposed but rather entirely compatible with game theory. In fact, the golden rule emerges naturally as a strong strategy in the repeated Prisoner’s Dilemma, called by economists as the “Tit-for-Tat” strategy.
It is no surprise that the golden rule has analogs in many world cultures."

In the weight loss game, your opponents are your own body and the fast food vendors. :D
And it might be a zero-sum game. . .your body's loss in lbs is your gain in health and appearance and the fast food vendor's loss in $. No wonder they push food at you.

BTW, at dinner I take my glasses off.

wannaskipandlaugh 03-15-2014 01:00 PM

HOORAY Amandie... That is AWESOME! 150's WOW! You are DYNAMITE!

Wobbly 03-16-2014 11:09 AM

At 27 days into this my weight is definitely dropping but at this rate I'm ~30 weeks away from my goal.

Doing only liquids on the weekends should help but I'll have to get used to falling asleep while feeling and being hungry.:^:

amandie 03-16-2014 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wannaskipandlaugh (Post 4963815)
HOORAY Amandie... That is AWESOME! 150's WOW! You are DYNAMITE!

Thanks, Sue!!! You're doing great as well!!! ;)

workinglikeadog 03-16-2014 02:28 PM

Good Morning Ladies, hope this week got results for YOU.

:welcome: 61433, this is a great group of ladies.

Amandie, yeah for the 150's, your doing great.

Focused better this week and it showed (2 pound loss:cheer2:) - Gotta keep the FOCUS!!!

Olivia7906 03-16-2014 03:15 PM

I'm almost back into my J-lo size 14 jeans lol. They button but they are a little too tight for my taste. I like some slack in my jeans. Maybe 10 more pounds will do the trick! :)

Happy Sunday everyone!

Arwa4u 03-16-2014 08:28 PM

Not starting till April 11th

Hi ladies,

I would love to join this challenge but it won't be till April 11th. I'm going on vacation and know the diet will be majorly sabotaged while I'm away so whats the point, right? Lol

I had a baby 19 months ago and I'm currently down about 27 lbs from my pre pregnancy weight of 169 and my goal is to hit 115 by July. I'm hoping this will keep me accountable :).

PumpkinField 03-17-2014 12:51 AM

I know I'm late to join but I need a kick start to my weight loss before summer. I have not been taking it very serious the past month. I do great for a few days then the end of the weeks comes and we're eating out all weekend. Ugh frustrating! So I would like to drop 25 lbs by June 1st. I have a lot more to loose but my first goal is to fit into my summer goals.

Apparently I can't upload my tracker till I have had at least 25 posts.

Sum38 03-17-2014 05:57 AM

I did not have the best of weeks. "Gained" 4.4 pounds. I know I did not eat 14000 extra calories, so I am hoping for a whoosh. Usually I get a nice whoosh with my TOM, but not this time :dunno:

I feel that I may be getting sick. My throat is slightly sore and just have that pre sickness malaise feeling, ugh. 'This the season, right.

I am hoping that I am wrong :)

If I stay healthy, my plan is to hit the gym 5-6 times this week; swim, weights, treadmill and aerobic classes. Plus walk my pup. Her leg was sore yesterday, she has been having some knee issues lately; I'll see if she is limping today. We may try to take a 3 mile hike.

Today is my volunteer day at The Finnish Center, it will also be my fast day. I fast from dinner to dinner once per week, or at least try to :D

I hope everyone will have a nice weigh in day, today.

Happy St. Patty's Day! :drinkup:

amandie 03-17-2014 09:46 AM

Happy St. Patrick's Day to all!

Welcome, Arwa4u and Pumpkinfield!!!

Pumpkinfield- Actually, not just the posts, you also have to wait 20 days before the signature feature is enabled. So sometime around April the 5th, depending what time you signed up, you should be able to finally have a ticker. Look at it as a NSV (non-scale victory.)

Sum38- fingers are crossed that you're not sick! Sending you some booster vibes to ward whatever it is off! :) hope your pup gets better too.

Olivia- that is awesome about being able to fit back in your jeans but I hear ya on some slack, I prefer that too.

Diana- way to go on your 2lbs down!!!

TOM showed up on Saturday so I am avoiding the scale this week since I really do not want to see the 160s again, lol.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and will have a good WI!