3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Women on WEED Spring is Near Challenge!

Old 03-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #91
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Everyone. Back to reality. Boo.

Diana~ I completely forgot to tell my kids to wear green. Luckily they remembered themselves. I have green on two of my tattoos, so I'm always good.

Kris~ Great Job at keeping your promise to yourself. I know how hard it is, especially when you have something you know you need to do.

Yesterday I got my main chore done, which was folding laundry. I know I should have folded after each load, but I was just enjoying my relaxing time! I also got in my first 5 mile run post-vacation yesterday. It was too easy. I need to bump up my speed or just go outside (but I don't want to run in the rain). I was so hungry afterwards though. I should have added more protein to my smoothie.

W 64 oz.
E 60 minutes at they gym with DH.
E 1350 cals. I way overate yesterday, I can't do that again.
D Fit is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:31 AM   #92
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- Good run!! I hate going back to work after vacay. Especially spring break because that puts us so close to summer. Ease back into it girl.

Kris- Glad the dogs are doing well. And I am sure they LOVED walking with you. You keep doing that. We must schedule that time for ourselves. Just another meeting.

I did a 3 mile run at the gym. I did not do my weight stuff. Fitbit said to eat 1600 calories. Yikes. I only made it 1200. Didn't lose an ounce. Maybe I should have eaten more???

Hubby and I were looking at some thing to do in TN. The worlds longest rope bridge is there. I wanna do it. There will be many hikes to waterfalls also. We want to find the locals kind of stuff to do. So ready!!! I just need to get through our Literacy night and 2 night of parent/teacher conferences, plus one field trip. WOWSER!!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 07:22 AM   #93
mtiger

Wink

Quick run last night..30 min, 2.38 miles. Then did some shoulders and triceps. Still 183.6 today. Blah blah blah....

Adopt your own!
Old 03-19-2014, 11:27 AM   #94
Calorie Counter

Mindy, Keep going! Think of how strong you are getting!

My scale is on the upswing. I know I normally see it going up about this time in my cycle, but man it is freaking me out. I know, Keep running and eating right and it will come off! Or even if it doesn't, I am still healthy and strong! (but I still want the numbers on the scale to reflect my work!)

Yesterday was the first time DH and I didn't workout on a Tuesday together since our troubles in August. He wasn't feeling well, and had to work late. So instead of being smart and jumping on my treadmill, I sat down and had a snack. That is not going to happen again, because once I started snacking I didn't stop. (one reason for the scale going up?)

W 80 oz
E Thinking a 65 minute run, and target training, but I am working out tonight with DH for 60 minutes. Maybe a double workout to make me feel better.
E 1300 clean calories.
D~eat clean, exercise, clean Tommy's room. He normally does it, but I think it is in need of a deep cleaning.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 03-19-2014 at 11:28 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 PM   #95
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/see ticker(C)/146(G)

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies, will thow myself outside once I finish this thread, it's 43 and SUNNY yeah!. Doing well on no whites this week, but what do I do on Friday when there will be a naughty dessert? Skip or maybe eat what I can of it? I was listening to an interesting free program called "The Calorie myth" yesterday. The author implies that if you eat nothing processed (with mostly veggies, then protein, then some fats and fruits) you can eat more and lose weight, what is your take on this?

Kris, yes gotta work on my reactions - still! My husband says, break things up into smaller manageable steps, so I will try that today. The "Forming new Habits" thread can be and is started at any time. This is in part due to if someone uses three pause days and someone else does not, you would be on different success days even if you started the same day. Come on over, It has been very helpful for me.

Mindy, congrats on that 3 mile run, I will think of you on my fast walk today. I also love waterfalls and the rope bridge in TN sounds cool too!

Hugs to All

workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #96
mtiger

Wink

Dang it..darn..Come on..really??? That scale just will not budge. It went up a bit today 183.6 to 184. I am working out 5 days a week, following my plan, eating 1:1:1 and I got nothing. This is when frustration sets in. DId a little over two miles last night but I threw in some hill walking. Then it was leg night. Lunges, squats, deadlifts......

Working- Everyone says to eat as close to whole foods as possible. So yes, I believe it. Just wish it was working for me. I am doing 1 protein, 1 carb and 1 fat at each meal. Other than cereal and bread I am eating unprocessed.

Adopt your own!
Old 03-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #97
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone! Happy first day of SPRING!!!

Diana~ I believe that if you are eating non-processed foods you can eat more, but not all you want. That is one reason that even though my smoothies are higher in calories, I would take one over a slimfast or protein shake any day.

Mindy~ I don't know what to say about your scale. I understand just how frustrating it is.

I ended up only running 1.25 miles yesterday morning then working out with DH in the evening. I really don't want to get into the habit of over-doing it, but I did get really down on myself for not running when I should have.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run today 20 minutes target training
E 1300 cals
D pick up my mood with a good run.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:20 PM   #98

S/C/G: 253.2/226.4/140

Hi ladies. Sorry had a lazy glutinous weekend and didn't' check in. I had permission from my trainer to get the cravings out of the way. No scale since last Friday which was 205.2. Started my regimen with the trainer. Diet since Monday between 1200-1325 calories. With a balance of around protein 35% of calories. Carbs 41% of calories and far 24%of calories. I eat between 5-6 meals a day. No from 4pm on and only carbs are whole grain high vegetable. Not been hungry. Training going well. Will do personals tomorrow.
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 AM   #99
Calorie Counter

Hi Carma! I can't wait to hear about your experience with the trainer.

I fought my brain to run yesterday. But I finished it 5.35 miles in 65 minutes. It's my normal run, but my heart wasn't in it.

I definitely think I will be posting a gain this month. Not a big one, but trying to find the right way to maintain is going to be hard.

W 64 oz
E none, basketball practice and work.
E 1400 cals
D eat more during the day so I don't get the hungries after work.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:34 AM   #100
mtiger

Wink

Well not only did I not lose weight, but now I have gained 1.5. This SHOULD be mid-cycle but who knows these days. That COULD account for a little gain. I am going to give it a week and see what happens. DIdn't make it to the gym yesterday but I am back on it today.

Jeni- Good job on the run. Hubby and I will be doing that 99 minute thing on Sunday. Have to see what I can manage.

Adopt your own!
Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #101
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hey girls -

Sorry I was not here for a few days. Preoccupied with:
FIL in hospital for melanoma removal and skin graft
Daily trips to my dads to feed his cats while he is in MO looking to buy house there.
CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY MAKING WORKLOADS
Trying to pick more tile, lights, ceiling fixtures for the house.

I have eaten horribly, not tracked WW, but have walked dogs and done sit ups.

I have to vent though. My hubby came home a week ago stating his youngest (DS 9) is doing horribly in school. He talked to his ex and she agreed (finally) to let DS stay one week with us, and one week with her. No problem, except my husband failed to mention it was starting TODAY. Now, you have heard me rant about what a planner I am. I do not do well with things sprung on me. Trying to keep my composure, but wanting to scream.

Going to clean my house, and reassess kids room so stuff doesn't disappear. BAck later for personals. Miss you all immensely.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #102

Okay personals first then I will update on me.

Kris: sorry to hear about doggies. Deep breath for the surprise.

Jeni: good job getting your run. Have you run outside yet?

Diane: I totally believe that processed foods are a good part of the health care problem in this country. Wasn't exactly sure what it meant on the calorie myth. Or if it was meaning empty calories are bad.

Mavis:

Mindy. Sorry to hear about the gain. It will melt away with that 99 minute thing. Hang tough on the diet.
-Marsha Doble
Old 03-21-2014, 10:03 PM   #103

Okay so hear is the deal with the personal trainer plan. It was 400 bucks for the 12 week slim down. I get measured and weighed every 4 weeks and a week later I get a nutritional plan and work-out regimen. The formula he gave me is basically 110gm protein. 134gm carbs and 30 gm fat. This balances out to be 41% carbs, 35% protein,24% fat. I play around a bit but it's specifically no carbs but green or low sugar veg after 4pm. I also have to eat every 3 hours.
Weight lifting is chest& shoulders Tuesday. Abs &back Thursday, triceps bicept and abs Saturday. Legs Sunday. I also need 5 minutes warm up cardio prior to lifting. Then 25 minutes cardio after. Monday Wednesday Friday are also cardio days. 1 hr.
So week 1 5 days done. I was 205.2 last Friday. Ate like a pig over the weekend didn't weigh Monday but I am sure it was higher. Today 202.8lbs and I fit into the size 14 jeans my neighbor gave me!
I eat between 1200-1300 calories and have not been hungry.
-Marsha Doble
Old 03-22-2014, 05:42 AM   #104
Calorie Counter

Carma~are you able to eat protein after four?

Mindy~ I really need to do that (your 99 minute workout). I was doing really well at long runs once a week, but I don't know why, I haven't since my 9.5 mile run.

Kris~I hope you get settled into a new routine quickly, but make sure there is time for yourself!! Even if all you do is prepare your food/snacks for the next week, it will make such a difference!

MM~ Missing you!

Official W/I day!!
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January ~~~145.2
February~~142.6
March~~142.8 I thought I would be posting a huge gain today, but .2 of a pound I will take. (still 2 pounds higher than when I went to Disneyland though).

DH was late to basketball practice so I took over for the first 30 minutes. I'm definitely not the "fun one", but practice still went well.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run tonight
E 1400 cals
D control the controllable
Old 03-22-2014, 09:32 AM   #105

Jeni: Lots of protein after 4. Just no high carbs. So up until 4 pm I can have higher carbs but whole grain ones only or ones with sugar. For example I can have chobani low fat yogurt with fruit, after 4 pm only the plain with artificial sweeteners. For lunch I can have sweet potato with protein and green vegetables. For dinner just green vegetables and onions garlic etc and 3oz protein. Make sense?
-Marsha Doble
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.