3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Women on WEED Spring is Near Challenge!

Old 03-04-2014, 08:29 PM   #46
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Mindy~ I have been using a workout app that I bought. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, but I do want to build muscle. I'm starting with low weights, and finding what is working for me. Tonight I will be at the gym so I will do higher weights.

Carma! I totally understand how hard corporations can be.

As far as DH needing more calories, I suggested it and he said no. He is happy with his clothes fitting better.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:04 PM   #47

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Carma, I make my smoothies in a Ninja, not sure what Jeni uses. I buy bagged spinach and just throw it in there. I usually put spinach in first, then fruit and yogurt (tonight I used natural PB and yogurt) for my protein and then if I have frozen fruit I throw that in top and add liquid last. Don't know if it matters, but that works for me.

Diana, bet the chard would be awesome and make it pretty too!

Tonight was spinach, banana, greek coconut yogurt & natural PB, handful of a frozen papaya/mango mix I found at the grocery (no sugar added, just fruit) and some margarita crystal light . Delicious.

Mindy, It is freaking snowing again. -15 and snowing. Boo, never going to see spring.

Jeni, have a wonderful time at Disney!!!!

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:46 PM   #48
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/see ticker(C)/146(G)

Height: 5'6"

Good evening Ladies. It was a full day in town, finally have everything put away and can sit down at the computer.

Jeni, hope your mood is more even today. If it were me going on vacation I would be a bit stressed out about the upcoming travel(not my best skill). I hope to get better at traveling. A friend told me I just have to go with someone who is fun and easygoing(and maybe it will rub off on me, lol).

Mindy and Mavis, Hang in there, spring is coming soon. I love being outside too.

Carma, Sorry to hear your house slipped so badly in the last year with your mothers being sick. Is she doing better now? Sounds like a challenging year. I always like to start clean outs with the smallest room or one drawer and be inspired by the small win.

Kris - Hi too!

W- 50 oz of water- probably a bit short today(getting some water now).
E- no official exercise today, but logged over 10,000 steps in town today.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (small sweets after dinner & no pm snacking)
D-One day at a time!

Last edited by workinglikeadog : 03-04-2014 at 11:49 PM. Reason: comment change
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:23 AM   #49
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well I understand the 2 pound gain now. After a whopping 100 days TOM is back. WTH!!!!! Seriously. Well at least There was a good reason. So hopefully after this mess is over I will drop down a little bit.

It is going to be about 22 degrees today..heatwave for us. However, here is the exciting news....it may reach 40 by the weekend. It is March right??

Jeni- Please don't think that bodybuilding.com is all about bodybuilding. It's not. The program I am following is for losing fat and getting lean through developing your muscles more. No big, bulky anything going on here. Last night was shoulders and back, tonight arms and then back to legs again. I love this feeling stronger and seeing some definition.

MM- Hang in there girl. It is coming.

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #50
Calorie Counter

Panic City right now. I woke up and realized the card I used to reserve my room was canceled after the whole target fiasco! Plus we shutoff our landline, which is then number they have! I will call the hotel in a couple of hours. Breath! (editing~called and got it taken care of. WHEW! The guy I talked to said they put a hold on the account three days before the reservation which is today! Lucky me.)

MM~I actually just bought a Ninja. I found the food processor/blender/3 single serve cups at Costco for 119!

Diana~My mood got a bit better, but it's just PMS. I went through a personal crisis this summer, and ever since my PMS is horrible. I don't let it get the best of me, most of the time, but certain things set it off really bad.

Mindy~ I will look at the site more closely. When I went to sign up for it, It showed me 3 body types of what I wanted to look like (sure I would love to look like any of those) there was really no option for what I was truly looking for. The closest one was the "fit Mom" Lose 32 pounds of fat, gain 16 muscle, then it gave me the choice of 3 totally intense workouts, all weight training, no cardio. It did give me a date to go for~ all of this by 10-16-15 19 months. Maybe I just signed up for the wrong thing.

I am going to have my "final" weigh in tomorrow instead of Friday. I hate weighing myself at 2am on my weigh in days.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run 20 minute target training
E1300 cals
D stop panicking, It going to work out fine. Get my stuff in the suitcase, get the kids' stuff in their suitcases!

Last edited by jcatron243 : 03-05-2014 at 10:18 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:10 PM   #51

S/C/G: 253.2/212/140

Made up for my overeat yesterday with being majorly on point today. Got a ton of exercise in and stuck in my calories. We shall see in the am what my weight is.

Diana: Unfortunately no both of our mother's past away this past year. Mine in June, My husband's in December. It was weird today I had to go up to Yale for a conference and the last time I went their was for bad news that my Mother couldn't have the whipple procedure for the pancreatic cancer. Thankfully I was running behind and couldn't dwell on it too much. That's a good idea on the small drawers or rooms.

Jeni: Glad your husband is happy with his clothes fitting.

Mindy: You are not making me look forward to menopause starting. 100days no period then Bam. Ugh. Sorry.

Mavis: Thanks for the ninja tip. I am thinking about them.

Kris as always
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #52
mtiger

Wink

Jeni- Look up Jamie Eason. There is a program for weight loss and muscle building.l Not like body builders just nice strong muscle. Her first 4 weeks say no cardio but I have been doing it anyway. I have lost about 5 pounds...not taking into account this 2 pound TOM gain. I am getting stronger for sure. I like it.

So since TOM decided to rear its ugly head my weigh in today will not be pretty. I will not be in the money for sure. Hopefully when this passes I will be on the right path again. Legs and Butt today....heck they are still sore from Monday and I have to do it again??

Adopt your own!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:19 AM   #53
Calorie Counter

Carma~ great job being on point! I love that feeling at the end of the day when you accomplished everything you planned on.

Mindy~ I will look her up. And great job on the weightloss!!!

Well, today is the day. Seven and a half months ago I decided to get my body back. My goal was to lose 30 pounds by March 7 (I know it is the 6th but I would rather get a more accurate weight, after a good nights sleep. That first mile I ran I thought I was going to die, but I didn't. Now my farthest run is 9.5 miles!

July 22~180
Goal~March 6 140.6 Total Weightloss 39.4 pounds! 21.9%!!

What is my plan from now? My health doesn't stop here, because I have made it to my goal date. I plan on continuing to run, eat right, and target train. I am plan on continue to weigh in every month on the 22 in order to keep me on the maintainance track. Weightloss isn't my goal anymore. (That is hard to say!) Running a half marathon still is, even if it isn't in a competition, it is my goal! I will start to run outside (but not in the rain). Now it is time to make myself leaner and stronger, so target training is a must!

Vacation plan~ I considered going for a run in the mornings before we left for the parks, but I don't know the area and not comfortable outside anyway so I will count my walking as my workout. (I will be doing a ton of it!) I am going to wear my calories burned meter thingy. DH and I have been talking about our smoothies as well. I have been drinking them every day for over a month!! He is almost at that month mark. We decided that we may have to jump over to Jamba juice for one of their whole food smoothies. We will be on vacation though, so I am not going to obsess over our food.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run (or more, I will see how I am feeling) 20 minute target training
E1300 cals~ I'm not sure how many calories I need for maintenance. I am going to research on that a bit.
D "Motivation is what gets you started HABIT is what keeps you going!"

Last edited by jcatron243 : 03-06-2014 at 08:23 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #54
DIANA

Good Morning Ladies, it's windy, occasionally sunny and 53 degrees. We have heard the frogs at our ponds for two nights now, very pleasant. I'm gonna have to kick it into high gear soon, yikes were did my time to do art go. Thinking I may have to get out to the studio after dinner if my day schedule doesn't clear up.

Jeni, love your motivational quote for the day. Have a great vacation.

Carma, sorry for your losses, a hard year for you and family. My paper clean out has slowed down, so tonight I pulled out one small file to see if I could get that done.

W- 50 oz of water- with lemon or lime in it.
E- 30 mins of aerobics and hoping for a short walk.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (not snacking after dinner, still working on the sweets but think today will be better)
D-One step at a time!

Old 03-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #55
Calorie Counter

Good morning!!

Diana~Thanks! This trip means a lot to me and my family. It will be fun, and completely needed.

W 64 oz. Workday
E basketball practice tonight
E 1350 cals
D make it through 12 hours of work without annoying my co-workers!!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 AM   #56
mtiger

Wink

Jeni- Enjoy the trip. Leave your cares behind. I know the feeling. My spring break is in 4 weeks. Can't wait!!!

So I hit the gym hard for 4 days straight. Taking a rest day today, then I will finish my 5 day routine tomorrow. The plan says 5 days on, 2 off. I don't like that much. So I am going to take switch it up a little. TOM is rolling through so I want to see what happens after.

Adopt your own!
Old 03-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #57

S/C/G: 253.2/212/140

Ugh after my on point day stomach flu kicked in. Good news weight down 203.8. Bad news energy level down too. Got like 1200-1400 steps yesterday. Only at 700 now. Going to try and walk in the house. Hoping I am better by tomorrow when i meet with the personal trainer. Even more important for my race Sunday.

Jeni sounds like you have a good maintenance plan. Enjoy the vacation.

Mindy: your doing so well!

Diana: thank you. Totally jealous of your weather.

Mavis & Kris:
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma : 03-07-2014 at 07:45 PM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:30 PM   #58
DIANA

Good Afternoon Ladies, hope you all are doing well today. I may have to take a nap, the morning really tuckered me out.

Mindi, you are so focused. I bet your exercise routine has you feeling strong.

W- 50 oz of water
E- Working on my knees 1/2 day filling grout lines- so tired.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (credit for not snacking after dinner for 6 nights now.)
D-Focus!

Old 03-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #59
Reinvent Yourself!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Default Home again

Okay. I'm back. Enough of the other stuff running me out. I'm back.

Let me REINTRO my March 2014 self. Kris. 42. Married 4 kids (24,14,12,9). Public Works Director. HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER. I don't even see me in the mirror anymore. I'm not sure who that girl is staring back at me, but I'm determined to figure it out. Joined WW in Feb again. Haven't tracked a full day since then. Need a victory. Need a vacation. Need you girls to hold me accountable. I'll be here daily. D.A.I.L.Y. starting today. It's on my to-do list reminder now on my phone. No excuses.

I bought new tennis shoes today FINALLY. I am going to start walking 30 minutes 3 X a week if I have to do it at lunch. I weighed in at 227 ladies. Not good. Not good at all. Okay.. enough boohooing, time to step up.

Speaking of stepping up - Jen - WAY TO GO! I am super proud of you! I know it was a trying year, but what a victory! Hope you are enjoying D-land. You should have awesome weather.

Mindy - I'm sorry TOM continues to play tricks on you. I can't believe they aren't calling it menopause. Hope day 5 of your routine went well today.

Mavie - Diana - Carma - Hi!I have to go make dinner for the fam. I'll be back later to catch up!

back in a bit.
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:57 AM   #60

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Jeni, I second the woohoo for you!!!!! So happy for you, vacation was well planned!

Mindy, ugh on TOM. Sounds like the new routine is good though? Where are you going this year for spring break?

Carma, sorry you are sick! Hope it got better in time for you to do the 5k. If you were able to go, let us know how it went. Otherwise, just sign up for another one. They are fun!

Diana, love the peepers here when they start. Way too much ice for that though.

I am so excited to gain an hour of daylight after work! Going to keep going to the Y at 6 am, but going to add an hour wander with my dog (and hubby if he will) in the evenings.

Sorry I've not been here much, we just found out my Dad has cancer. He has had a bunch of other health issues recently, thought we were on the other side, he started getting headaches. Long story short, it's in his lungs, lymph nodes and they see spots on his brain. Biopsy confirms cancer, they believe Stage 4. PET scan scheduled to see everywhere it is. Pray for him. He's a young man, only in his 60's.

On a good note, Real Estate is booming for me. Had a home inspection to sit thru yesterday for a closing at the end of the month. expect another contract this week, phones are ringing, people are shopping. Money for me!

I am writing this on my desktop (which sucks) my laptop finally gave up. I need a new computer. What are you girls on, desktop, laptop, tablet? Brands? need some suggestions.

Anywho, got to get moving. Today is Second Sunday which means I have to go make breakfast at church. Sausage gravy. Must not eat it. Will try to be back later

W 100
E Today is a cross day, so may snowshoe! Supposed to get to a balmy 35 today!!
E POP, finish yesterdays smoothie for breakfast, maybe a salad for lunch, fish and baked sweet potato chips for dinner!
D Trust in God.

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.