3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

W.O.W. Women on WEED Spring is Near Challenge!

Old 02-27-2014, 12:51 PM   #31
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/see ticker(C)/147(G)

Height: 5'6"

My DS is driving me crazy, too much gaming and procrastination. It's freaking me out cause if he does this next year in collage he will flunk out. Still too many sweets and not enough exercise, ugh. Will work on my attitude today.

Jeni, nice to see results in the clothes you wear.

MM and Jeni, have never done veggie smoothies, have protein powder on hand, contemplating.

Hi to Mindy, Kris and Carma - keep up the good work!

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 30mins of Bollywood dance(hoping for 30 min walk).
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- This too will pass.

workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:10 PM   #32
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Mindy~ It is my goal to make myself go for a short 1 mile run outside tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain, but will be chilly in the morning.

Diana ~I hope your son gets the motivation he needs!

I was told by a gal that I work with to stop hiding my body. I always wear work clothes to work = way to big. I'm not hiding it, I just have to wear the uniform. She saw me in my undershirt (run of the mill workout shirt).

Last edited by jcatron243 : 02-27-2014 at 09:11 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #33
Calorie Counter

DH is so frustrated. He isn't losing any weight. His clothes are fitting better, which is what I want him to focus on, but I don't want him to lose his momentum.

He doesn't let me count his calories, but from what I see he eats approximately 1800-2000 calories a day. I believe that his sticks to the same food routine:
BF 8:30ish green smoothie around 400 cals
snack: 1030 slimfast shake 190 cals
lunch: 1:30 around 500 cals
snack:3:30 either an apple and cheese or slimfast shake (160-190)
Dinner: 630 or so approximately 400-500 cals (I know this one!)

So a normal day puts him around 1780 and a hungry day (when he eats his cheese and apple too he is at 1940. I don't know what to tell him but to cut some calories. Anyone know the low for men? I thought it was 1500 cals. I'm going to suggest he swap out his first slimfast shake for a yogurt. Or cut it out completely and eat his sandwich earlier. He can't take a salad because he is a driver for a living and is usually eating on the go. I would love to throw together a veggie style tray for him. I also know that he may or may not have a latte on the road, he has already switched to sugar free, so I will check to see if he swaps out a snack for that. I will also suggest to him to switch to nonfat milk. I know he should start with cutting out calories. He has reduced his calorie intake since January by a lot. (he would have a full fat/sugar latte everyday, stop at McDs for a couple of burgers for lunch, plus eat his sandwich and drink his shake. Our dinners were definitely higher calories too!

On top of his food intake, he is working out 5 times a week. He uses the auxiliary muscle trainer 45 minutes usually and 15 minutes of weights. I feel his frustration!

Okay sorry about the rant for my husband. I don't care what he weighs, the simple fact that he is working out 5 times a day is a great benefit to his health. He also is getting in some amazing fruits and veggies! I am so proud of him, and I let him know it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is our first basketball practice for Tommy's team. DH and I are coaching! (I am the assistant!) Tomorrow is our first game!! I am so totally excited!

NSV!! I leave in a week for Disneyland!! I am so excited. So I pulled out my shorts to try on...I am able to pull up, zip and with minimal muffin top wear my size 6 shorts!!!!! So I thought, why not try "THE SKINNY JEANS". you know the ones. The ones that are at the bottom of the drawer, that are your inspiration "one day I will wear those again"! I can totally wear them!!!!! They button and zip comfortably, the only issue is that small muffin top. I guess I really need to start working on toning that mid section!!!!

W 80 oz (I WILL DRINK IT!)
E 60 minute run, then onto the gym for the row machine 10 minutes and 15 minutes weights.
E 1300 cals
D Get stuff ready to pack. I'm starting to panic because I usually have an idea of what I need by now.

Last edited by jcatron243 : 02-28-2014 at 12:39 PM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 12:41 PM   #34

S/C/G: 253.2/226.4/140

Baby girl home sick today. Woke up vomiting and now has fever and cough. Hoping it isn't a flu. Both kids got the quarto flu shot back in October. Guess maybe it isn't covering by now. A co-worker of mine told me about a cool website at Berry College in Georgia. They have a live eagle cam. There is a bald eagle family, Mom, Dad and One hatchling one still in the egg. So cute. Amazing to watch them care for their young. Warning if you don't want to see raw animals being fed to a baby eagle don't watch.
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #35

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Awesome Jeni!! Yay on the clothes!!!

Take Hubby's scale away? I thought men were around 1800 minimum. Is he drinking soda or anything while he drives? Sweet tea?

Carma, hope she feels better!

Diana, did you try a smoothie?

Mindy, got up to 20 today, but back down below zero. Ugh!

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #36
Calorie Counter

MM~he drinks 64 oz of water a day. As far as I know he hasn't been drinking soda at all. It isn't in the house and he doesn't stop to buy any. I still think he is building a lot of muscle. He has some biceps starting to bulge and his legs are as hard as a rock! LUCKY ME!!!

Basketball practice was great. I loved working with the kids. I am a control freak though, I had a tough time not telling DH (aka coach) what I thought he should do.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #37
DIANA

Carma, hope your baby girl is feeling better by now.

MM, no green smoothies yet, do you have a favorite recipe?

Jeni, I think not being able to control/protect my son soon to be out in the world is the real issue. Will have to trust more, both the world and my son's judgement capabilities( and LET GO).

Hi to Mindy and Kris.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of Bollywood dance.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- Exercise a bit better this week, keep working at it!

Old 03-01-2014, 04:16 PM   #38
Calorie Counter

Carma~I really hope your baby girl is feeling better soon!

Diana~ You are a good mom for caring! Remember, it isn't a black and white deal, making it in the real world is such a grey area!

W 80 oz
E 65 minutes=5.31 miles(done) 20 minutes target training (done!!)
E 1300 cals
D Control the controllable~ First game today with only 1 practice. We have some good kids, but haven't had enough time to become a team. I am in charge of keeping the kids in line on the sidelines! And we have 2 very excitable boys that have a tough time listening.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:55 AM   #39

S/C/G: 165/125

Height: 5'3''

Diana, I like pineapple, spinach, green tea and greek yogurt with a frozen banana!

Jeni, hope the game was fun!

Carma, hope she is better.

W Need to get sipping, so far only coffee
E Elliptical in a bit
E POP
D Peace in my head.

mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:15 PM   #40
Calorie Counter

Good Morning!

After my post about my husband, he tried on some shirts today that he has been wanting to wear again for years!!!! He did it!! Take that scale!

The game was great. The kids did such a good job! I am so surprised at how much I love (assistant) coaching the kids!!!

My mom brought my niece over yesterday!! My family loved having the time to reconnect with her. We all had such a good time together!

W 80 oz. got it done yesterday too!
E 35 minute run 20 minute full body target training! (done)
E 1300 cals
D Get the house totally in order/organize and get ready for the trip!!! We leave Friday night after work!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:55 AM   #41
Calorie Counter

Good Morning!!

This target training has me so sore!!! I know it is a good sore.

W 80 oz!
E 45 minute run 20 target training
E 1300 cals
D get it done!! I got this!!
Old 03-03-2014, 05:59 PM   #42
DIANA

Good Afternoon Everyone.

mm, thx for recipe, I'm thinking this may be good with chard from my garden once it's up and growing this spring too.

Jeni, I finally got bitten with the re-organize and clean out bug. I'm not as ambitious as you with the whole house. This winter it's paperwork in my files & organize/clean-up my computer. It's amazing what's in my files(will burn some today) and I'm learning new tricks on my computer.

Well, I really would like to be walking my dog outside but we have muddy roads and it keeps sprinkling between brief interludes of sunshine. I am so hoping that spring is around the corner, I am ready for outside time. My exercise was a bit better for last week, will be working on cutting the sweets and pm snacking this week.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 30mins of a.m. aerobics (hoping for 30mins more this mid-day).
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (must cut down on sweets & pm snacking!)
D- Keep up the Exercise - the effort is worth the results!

Old 03-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #43
Calorie Counter

Diana~ I always like my house to be super clean and organized when I go on vacation. It's definitely a work in progress, but it is getting there.

I work today, not looking forward to it. Having severe mood swings yesterday and today. Dang PMS!

W 64 oz
E 1 hour at the gym tonight
E 1300 cals
D try not to let my bad mood seep out. For heaven's sake I go on vacation in 4 days! focus on the good stuff.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:33 AM   #44
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I was typing away and lost it all...hate when that happens.

This weekend brought about 4 more inches of snow and frigid temps. Coldest, snowiest winter in a long time. I am ready for spring.

Was pretty lazy over the weekend and gained 2 pounds. Back at the gym yesterday. It was legs day, after my 30 min. run. A little sore today.

Jeni- what weight program have you chosen. Jamie Eason is really good. Your hubby probably needs more calories..men need quite a bit.

Dog- I would love mud right about now. I miss the outdoors. High today 20.

MM- We just have to hang in a little longer. Spring IS on the WAY!!!

Pets name: Caramel
Adopt your own!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:15 AM   #45

S/C/G: 253.2/226.4/140

Well my daughter was better, she now has a case of the downs instead of the ups. Luckily it happened on my day off from work. They are really getting to be horrible about people having absences. I am getting so sick of the mentality that corporations have about employees when the economy is bad. Plus side if she has to be out sick tomorrow again my niece should be able to watch her. She is coming over today so I can run an errand. 9 is a little young to be staying home sick by yourself. She however is currently playing soccer in the hallway. Can't be that bad.
I meet with the personal trainer this Saturday. Looking forward to it. She is going to do measurements for me too and give me my exercise regimen/nutritional guideline. No diets just lifestyle changes. Which I like and she includes the ability to cheat a little.

Jeni: I agree your husband should probably have more calories. I think that they don't retain water like we do so that if they are active in order to lose weight they get to eat more. However if his close are fitting better he is losing inches. So go him.
This is from live strong and it talks about active men. In general, 1,500-calorie diets are effective for overweight men trying to lose excess body weight -- and who want to do so without the need for medical supervision. Eating fewer than 1,500 calories daily increases a manís risk for developing nutrient deficiencies. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute suggests adult men often require 2,000 to 3,000 calories daily to maintain healthy body weights, and active men generally need 2,400 to 3,000 calories per day.

Diana: Sorry to hear about your DS procrastination. I need to get yours and Diana's organizing bug. My house slipped so badly in the last year with our mothers being sick and now it just seems like more and more stuff is pilled in.

Mindy: I am so done with this winter too. Sorry for the soreness but at least it is a good soreness.

Mavis: I just may try that green smoothie. Can you do it in a blender and is there any specific order you put the food in. IE does the spinach need to be first and do I need to cut the stems off it?

Kris: Hope all is okay with you.
before my brain figures out what I'm doing.
-Marsha Doble
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.