Old 02-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #16  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Afternoon Ladies, this week has gone by fast with hope of spring in the wind!

Kris, February has been hard on your family to be sure and it must be unsettling to be in the middle of a house move at the same time - a lot is on your palette. Looking forward to more of you on this thread and getting to know you better.

Jeni, Congrats on the weight loss this month, AWESOME! HIIT is a form of cardio training that involves cycles of high intensity bursts and low to moderate intensity recovery. The ratio is usually 2:1. HIIT has many benefits, including burning more fat and calories. I own two Hiit dvd's by Amy Dixon that are very good and have various intensity levels for every exercise, so you can start whereever you are.

Carma, So you found some good sites on Hiit? Looks like youtube has some good workouts as well. I built up my dvd exercise videos cause I live in the country and use to have horrible internet speed plus no tv. We have better internet now so I guess I could exercise via internet now and old habits. I so love your Marsha Doble quote, that is me, lol.

MM, I have Jillian dvd's and lots of printed out circuits from when I was on her site. Her workouts do get the job done. I am so sore from exercising more and may be out of alignment too, darn kink in my side/back. I am so impressed with the level of your commitment to YOU. Two jobs and an elder to take care of, whew! I sure miss living near a Y and swimming year round. I grew up in Cincy, Ohio and was a fish from 5 to 18 years old, lol.

Mindy, Congrats on the few pounds loss, Yeah! I can so relate about being sore from lifting, mine in shoulders and back. Keep up the good work.

W- 50 oz of water, doing well on this.
E- 30 min aerobics this a.m. I have concluded next week my exercise time must increase, so will have new goals.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval(she would be asking me about my sweet tooth this week - birthday didn't help).
D- Evaluate each week and if it doesn't work, fix it!

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 02-23-2014 at 10:33 AM. Reason: spelling
workinglikeadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 05:41 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Kris~ I'm glad to see you. I hope you got some of that down time you were hoping for!

MM~sounds like you are doing great going to the Y! Glad you are trying the green smoothies too!

Carma~ Your mystery food party sounds interesting.

Diana~ So Hiit training is like interval training? I used to do something like that a long time ago. Maybe I will try that during some of my short runs.

Carb night~ We were supposed to have pizza casserole. Well DH found a recipie for Pizza egg rolls. He decided to make them to have with dinner, plus he wanted garlic bread. So we spent some time in the kitchen together, which was fun. I made the casserole, he made the egg rolls. However, after two egg rolls, I was stuffed. I tried to force down some of my pizza casserole, but that was a mistake. I went to bed so overwhelmingly full. We decided that when we go to Disneyland we were going to share meals so we weren't wasteful.

Today's smoothie isn't going to be the greatest, I added a bit too much cilantro. 2 people were going to try it too. Oh well I will have one tomorrow that they can try.

W 64oz!
E 35 minutes. I gave myself a day off yesterday.
E1300 cals
D Control the controllable (12 days!! til Disneyland!)

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-23-2014 at 05:43 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 11:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

I made a delicious smoothie this morning Jeni!
Spinach, frozen banana, pineapple and greek coconut pineapple yogurt with a little bit of Crystal Light. What did you use to mix with cilantro? Sounds interesting.

W 100OZ
e Dreadmill, weights and foam roller
e POP
D Just do something to stay busy. Missing my boys today. Thinking of going to see the older one in April or early May. Younger will be home for a week in March!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 05:32 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

MM~ that smoothie sounds great. Yesterday mine had spinach, cucumber, celery, pear, banana, some cranberries, and raspberries, and a bit of cilantro. It ended up tasting good after it was colder (I used mostly fresh stuff yesterday, but no ice.) I've been making about 48 oz of smoothie and drinking it at two breaks.

I didn't work out either last night or Saturday night. I just wanted to spend the time with my family. Tonight DH and I are hitting the gym after work.

Yesterday my kids participated in the "Mayor's cup race" open to elementary school students from our town and the next one over. It was about a mile run. The highest percentage of students per school to participate won $150 for their school library! My daughters school Won! I wish I could have been there, but I am so proud of them.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1300 cals
D Have a good day.
Old 02-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #20  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Well it is back to the grind today. Work..yuck. Wish I could retire, this work thing is cutting into my social life. Gym...yuck. Starting week 2 of this program. Ready to be sore again???

Jamie Eason is the trainer I got the program from on bodybuilding.com. She is kicking my butt. I have done all the exercises she has me doing, but she hits one muscle over and over again. OUCH!!

Food- Following the 1:1:1 diet. It is easy to do and I think it is helping. Haven't lost anything in a few days, but this takes time. 184. Lower than I have been

Jeni- Love cooking with my hubby. We are doing more prep for the week. Congrats on your niece.

Kris- Hang in there girl. Things will get back to normal soon. Thoughts are with ya.

Working- Keep moving..that's what we do.

Carma- Looking forward to the day when I can get outside and run again.

MM- You are just steady as a rock girl.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:13 PM   #21  
DIANA

Hello Ladies. Monday morning and trying to figure out my schedule for the week. Gonna try for more exercise and less sweets this week.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of circuit training so far today.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- Wishing (myself & anyone how wants it) enthusiasm and passion for this last week of February.

Old 02-25-2014, 08:57 AM   #22  
Calorie Counter

Good Morning everyone!

Mindy~ The dreams of retirement! I hope your first day back went okay. I may look into the bodybuilding.com once I get comfortable with weights again. The site is highly recommended from the staff at the Y.

Diana~ I've been craving the sweets this week too. We don't have a lot in the house, but I always seem to find something.

Having a day off is great! I have so many things I want to get accomplished today. I'm going to have to really make a plan. I don't think there is enough time to get it all done today.

Can anyone answer me this? I can run 5 miles a day no problem. My personal best is 9.5 miles. So why am I so intimidated by running outside? I never run with less than a .5% incline, but I normally do 1-1.5%. There is a 5k on March 15 that I would like to participate in (my first), but the thought sends me into a panic. It may just be my comfort zone is the treadmill and I can't set my pace, but man, I need to get over it!

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run at home/ 60 minutes tonight at the gym while the kids are in cooking class (I know I whine about not enough time and I am planning 2 workouts.)
E1300 cals.
D get done what I can, don't worry about the other stuff. (Priorities) Eat dinner before cooking class so I can get enough rest.

Editing: Only ran 15 minutes this morning. The rest of my plans are kicking in early.

MM~I made a smoothie today :3/4 cup pineapple 3/4 cup mango 1/2 cup peach (all are frozen) 1/4 cup of cranberries 1 cup of spinach, 1 celery stalk, some cilantro a 1/4 cup of cayenne paper 1 1/2 cups of water. It has a kick and its very yummy.

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-25-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:42 PM   #23  
DIANA

And a snow flurry morning as seen in Maupin this a.m. I tried a new Bollywood dvd this morning, good workout but am wondering about my morning co-ordination, lol. May still make this a town day if the weather clears a bit. Drinking coffee and trying to decide.

Jeni, Me too. I have to watch the bag of potato chips also and remind myself that they are at war with my hips, lol. Maybe it's easier to get into the zone running inside. I know painting outside is distracting and more challenging(as my paper gets blown, rained on, etc.) I love painting outside occasionally, but don't expect the same results as in the studio.

MM & Jeni, Wow, I am paying attention to your smoothie talk, most interesting combos. Are these part of a meal or in-between get up and go kind of drinks?

Mindi, Hope week 2 is going well for you.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of Bollywood movement.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- Blessings of Joy and Happiness.

Last edited by workinglikeadog; 02-25-2014 at 12:44 PM. Reason: add word
Old 02-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #24  
Calorie Counter

Diana~ my smoothies are meal replacements. I also add a crushed up multivitamin, chia seeds and protein powder to my smoothies. On average one blend gives me 450 calories. (the protein powder is 170 calories and the chia seeds 60) On work days I split it up and drink it in two sittings. On days off I drink them in the morning as my breakfast after my morning run. I usually cut my protein in 1/2 on days off as well. (cutting out 85 calories.)
Old 02-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Jeni: first off mystery meal is I have no clue what will be served which throws me into a panic mode. 2nd I find it funny about your outdoor fear of running as I have the same panic about treadmill running. Try running on your own outside you might like it.

Diana: the sight I found was called fitness blender. Free workout videos vary your time/intensity. I haven't done one yet. I am going to ask my nephew who is a personal train or what his opinion of the sight. He lives in Hollywood.

Mindy: it was cold running today.

Mavis: I already have the app loaded. One more day and I move onto week 10 of the 10k program.

Kris: hope your doing ok.

I really need to get my exercise and diet in sync. Lately it's one or the other.
Weed for tomorrow:
W:100 oz
E: going to try and get 2 walks in
E: 1700 calories goal
D: ohmmmmm
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:16 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Diana, My smoothie is a meal replacement as well. I usually throw in some greek yogurt for protein and make it breakfast although I've been thinking of some lunches as well. I just found a recipe for veggie soup that they also blended and cooled for a Bloody Mary type of smoothie. May try this weekend.

Must be the sweets week ladies. I've been in that mode too. Ugh!

Jeni, Just sign up and do it. You'll be fine. It is different running outside, but it will be a nice change. I have faith in you! Take your music and zone! I wish I could run with you.

Mindy, Sounds like maybe you have found your plan! I am so glad!

Carma, Perhaps we will work on the 10k together!

W 100
E Body sculpt this morning
E POP
D Every choice has a consequence
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 05:45 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

Carma~ The thing is, I used to run outside once a week a few years back, and the workout was amazing. I think the issue is that I can see how far it is, rather than being in one place. Does that make sense? I psyche myself out so bad. So I have a plan~start small. This week off I am going to try to try to run just 1 mile. I'm sure I will get into a groove and keep going. I have an approx. 2 mile course in mind. But I know the exact 1/2 mile mark from my house (I know the 1 and two mile mark from my house too.)

MM~ I've been thinking of different veggies that I could add to a veggie smoothie that I would like. I thought I might use V8 as a base, but then I would get all that sodium.

Mindy~ I checked out Bodybuilding.com. I'm not sure it is right for me, but I think I may give it a shot.

I finally got to see my niece! She has been with my mom since Friday, but since I worked I didn't have the time to make the 45 minute drive. I bought her some new clothes. (The kids will give her the toys.) I was only able to stay about an hour but she warmed right up to me. She is doing so good!

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run today
E 1300
D stay positive!

Last edited by jcatron243; 02-26-2014 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-26-2014, 09:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Awesome Jeni on the niece. I totally understand the psyching yourself out. I go in a long boring loop most of the time. Some days I have to keep saying just one more lap and you can go in. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Mavis absolutely we can train the 10 k together. As long as I can run tomorrow I may get 4 runs this week.

Hi to mindy Diana & kris.

We'll stuck to my calories and no food after 7:15. Forced myself out for an hour walk.
Weed for tomorrow:
W:100 oz
E: hopefully c25k w9d3 and 20 minute walk.
E: 1700 will be hard dinner at my FIL's
D: small steps.

Last edited by soon2beskinnyCarma; 02-26-2014 at 09:27 PM.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:00 AM   #29  
Calorie Counter

Had the worst back spasms yesterday! I tried to run, but no luck. I was able to walk/run a mile before I had to stop. I feel a bit better today.

I'm shocked at how many people on my shift are now drinking green smoothies! There are now 6 out of the 14 of us! One gal leaves her bullet there and we all bring in fruits and veggies and share!

NSV Alert~ My workpants are too big (company issued and it takes 3 months to change sizes). That's been a fact for a while. I have been wearing belts. One belt I bought before when I was at my lowest weight (136), and I hadn't tried on until this week. I am 4 notches in on this belt!!! I love finding things that help me see the work I have done!

W 64 oz Failing at this. I need my water!
E 60 minutes. Hitting the gym tonight!
E 1300 cals
D control the controllable. Just do what they want, it is only 12 hours!
Old 02-27-2014, 07:33 AM   #30  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- On bodybuilding I am following Jamie's workout plan. It is hard. She hits the same muscle repeatedly and wears it out to fatigue. Tonight is legs. I like doing legs. Last week the squats made my butt ache. Good sore.
I LOVE running outside. It is so much more relaxing than on a treadmill. The wind, the sun, the sights and sounds. Plus You can see how far you have gone. That in empowering. Go for it. Wish we were not having record breaking lows here this week.

Oh did I mention it is snowing again also!!!

So day 3 of week 2 today. Legs and butt. I am ready. Took yesterday off for a hair appt. Back at it today. Next week changes things up a little.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote