Old 01-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Have a fabulous day Jeni! Happy Birthday!

W 100
E Already ran!
E OP
D Enjoy the day off!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 09:54 PM   #77  
banned

S/C/G: 80.2kg/66kg/60kg x2.2 for lb

Height: 165cm/5' 4.5"

I figure if i keep reading what you lot are up to with your fitness, that at some point, i will get motivated to do it myself. but at the moment, my focus is on the food and sewing. I'll get there eventually.

Jeni, you sound really up and its nice to read.

Nix, good luck with getting back on track. One bad day need not be the end but i think you know that. That said, i'm not good with any failures. I think its something about the way the mind works when you feel you've let yourself down. The momentary depression seems to undermine the strength of my overall resolve. But i notice on these forums that many people seem to be better at picking themselves up gain after a mistake or two.

Yesterday i went away overnight and spent most of the day in town which is usually quite a test of myself restraint. But i did really well. I kept myself busy and having taken more lunch (healthy low cal stuff) with me than i might need, I was able to completely avoid losing focus without any trouble at all. Also my friend who is not overweight helped me by not over ordering when we went out too. I followed her lead and ate these same thing at the japanese restaurant - a sushi set menu which included miso soup, 4 pieces of sushi and a tiny bit of fruit. They serve barley water with it which i love. It was quite a small meal but once i'd had a coffee at the theatre afterwards, I was satiated and enjoyed my glass of wine at intermission.

So:
W: yes good. I took water with me in the car and in the shop where i knew i'd be for a while.
E: no still at the thinking, talking, stalling stage.
E: yes good but i haven't counted calories. I think i'm not really wanting to spend too much time doing that.
D: Just felt good to get through the day without losing focus.

today i bought some indulgences for my father and his partner because it was his birthday. I did well to forego buying any for myself. Very pleased with that.
Pattience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:30 PM   #78  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning! Go Seahawks! (sorry to any 49er fans!) I will restrain from watching the game today BECAUSE the games I have watched this season the team has lost (2 of the 3 losses.) SO instead I am going to have my hair done. Cut, highlighted, styled! I am totally excited for this.

MM~I had a great day. Thank you!

Pattience~ Great job on taking the water with you! I have been feeling really great this past week. Its really nice after the lows from the week before!

Lunch was great. Time with the family was great! Got my nephew some much needed shirts. And the kids added to their collection of Hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works. I got myself a shirt and a belt! DH was able to buy a sweatshirt that he has wanted for over a year but it was too small! The scale isn't doing much for him, but that sweatshirt fitting was a huge boost to him! It is definitely a reminder that we can't only use the scale to determine our losses!

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run (no time for anything else) done
E 1350 cals. (yesterday I ate 2450 but I did run 4.69 miles before hand)
D enjoy my mommy day! avoid the game at all costs!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I worked a night shift last night so between that and my TOM hitting on Friday things are not looking too good scale wise. Hopefully tomorrow will look better scale wise. I did go out with a friend for breakfast this morning after work but then came home and slept. My steps were/are awesome today with working and I am going out for an hours walk/run in a few minutes. Just have to get my gear on and that will hopefully put me at around 16000 steps which might bring my weeks average up as I had a few 9000 and 8000 step days and I set my goal at 12000. One day I hit that one day I went to 14000.

Jeni: Happy Belated birthday, glad to hear it was so good.

Patience: The workout will happen when your ready. I started out with just diet and added walking in first but only like 3 days a week. It will come. Good job on your controlling your intake on food into town and for bringing your water with you.

Mavis: Hope all is well with you.

Mindy: great job on the running. I did some running yesterday. Still not up to a full 5 minutes of running yet. Slowly but surely I will get back there.

Kris: We need to get back on MFP posting food. I will start tomorrow. Sounds like things are getting exciting with the house.

WEED for week.
W: 100oz
E: Going to shoot for 12000 steps a day again since I missed it this time. I need to get back to my morning workouts to jump start the day. Also will do my Piloxing/Yoga class Monday. Going to start weight training MWF again. Only one set of 8lb weights. I have a patient I will be joining.
E: blew it this week with TOM starting in. Going to stick to 1500 calories and will be back on MFP tomorrow.
D:
Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.

George Bernard Shaw

Have a great week ladies.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:29 PM   #80  
banned

Jeni, i missed noticing it was your birthday. Happy Belated Birthday and my apologies for not reading more carefully.

Skinnycarma, I'm not intending to start running til my weight is quite down. I don't want to injure my knees (i've had one before though not from being too heavy. Its not worth it) or my back with all the extra weight on my joints. I don't do the gym - think its boring but walking in the countryside is great and so is cycling. Smart you doing yoga. I'd love to be doing yoga but a) its too pricey here and b) its a half hours drive away and i don't like much doing a long drive for a short thing like that. On the other hand, a friend of mine is just trying to get going as a yoga teacher and i would definitely support her. I love yoga and think its one of the greater types of fitness. We've also got a cheap tai chi class in town (30 minutes drive again) but i don't like going out in the morning. By now you must appreciate what a lazy sod i am. lol. But as you say, i will get there eventually. No pressure.

So yesterday:
W: yes but could do more. I was aware of using it when i was a little bit peckish to abstain. Its very effective that way.
E: nope
E: good food. Big interesting salad at lunch and cooked an indian dish aloo gobi for dinner. Its one of my favourite indian dishes - cauliflower potato curry. Ate it with rice and not too much!
D: In town the day before i bought a lot of coloured threads to finish my garments nicely so last night i was keen to start using them. Today i have to go to work and to the doctors but i'd rather be home sewing.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #81  
Calorie Counter

Carma~ Good job on getting in your steps. Even if you aren't hitting your goal every day! Thanks for the B-day wishes.

Pattience~ Thanks for the B-day wishes! I here you about not wanting to injure your knees. That's why I run slow and steady. I am really trying to work on my technique rather than speed.

Yesterday wasn't quite what I wanted it to be food wise. I forgot to eat before I went to get my hair done, so I was way to hungry when I got home and made poor choices. Today is a new day, I will be okay. Plus lots of working out planned. I have a run in my near future and I am considering working out while Mak is at bball practice. (or I will stay home and cook dinner, who knows.)

W 100 oz. I haven't had enough this weekend
E run 60 minutes +
E 1350 cals. clean good.
D continue my positive thinking. Smile. Be happy.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:08 PM   #82  
banned

Jeni, i wasn't thinking of you and running because i don't know how much you weigh and presumed because of your picture that your weight is quite low but although its hard for me not to tell others what to do (!!) i know that each of us has to do our own thing. So continue.

If you are running for an hour, you must be getting your endorphin highs. Lucky you. I love those running highs.

W: good
E: talked about it with my doctor.
E: A bit more than i meant too I ate, it was two big mangoes and could have scoffed anything all night long but i made a choice distract myself and stick with the program after that. My weight this morning is still 76.2kg which is nothing to worry about.
D: I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula. Enjoying it.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:32 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Class was good tonight. Abs are sore. I need to start working my abs a few days a week. 14000 steps a day. Down on water. Calories good. Hopefully scale kind in the am!
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #84  
Calorie Counter

Carma~ I'm glad your class was good!

Pattience~ I'm not at the weight I was in that picture. But I am getting close. I started running again in July, I was at 180.

Yesterday I ran 7.25 miles! (99 minutes) at 86 minutes "Eye of the Tiger" came on my Ipod. It was perfect timing. I decided to finish out 7 miles. (which was at 94 minutes) then I walked the last .25 for a cool down.

I was over on my calories yesterday by about 200, but I needed the energy after the run so I am okay with it. Water was perfect. My weight is up a bit today, but I'm not worried about that either.

W 64 oz
E 60 minute low impact at the gym.
E 1350 cals
D Have a good day at work. Ignore the negativity and stay positive.
Old 01-21-2014, 06:34 AM   #85  
banned

ooh no i wouldn't do that jeni. I was 176 when i started. No way i could/would run that fat. I would prefer not to run until I'm in my healthy weight range. The ligaments of the knees take all the strain of weight bouncing up and down. Thats why even long term obese people who don't run end up with buggered knees prematurely. But i don't expect you to take too much notice of what i say.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #86  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Yesterday was hubbies birthday. we did all kinds of errands and then dinner with the family. No workout for me. I have a busy schedule this week and working out will be tough. I know I cant make it to the gym but I NEED to do something here at home. It will be later in the evening so I hope I can find motivation.

Darn scale-----188.2. Jumped over 2 pounds in one day. How the H*** does that happen??? Food?? Toast, a small turkey sandwich, some special K chips and a salad for dinner. Really??
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:59 AM   #87  
banned

Mindy its water. And if you are eating chips they are probably high in salt. That is one explanation. There are lots of triggers for the body to hold water. Menstruation is another one. Try not to let it get to you.
Old 01-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey ladies. Hope all is well. Met with a trainer tonight for a weight loss challenge I joined at the Y! Tomorrow we meet with the Dietician. I'm excited!

W need to get back on track, only about 50 oz today
E Did spinning class this AM and free weights with the trainer!
E OP
D Little choices, big results
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:05 PM   #89  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Hey girls. Work has me spinning. Still here. Just exhausted and unable to focus. I'm here. Want you all to know I miss ya. I have an 85 page "prep" document to read for a meeting I have tomorrow. I promise I will be back. I need to be back.

Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:41 AM   #90  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Busy week. wish I had time to workout. It will have to wait until Thursday. We are starting BL at work Th, so that will be my official weigh-in. Trying to be bathing suit ready by April. SPRING BREAK!!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote