Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 266/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default check in

so I'm the same today, which works. Yeah I dunno if the stomach shrinks or not but I've had a few moments when I've looked at my plate (usually with a bunch of veggies left) and think how I might not be hungry.... the question then is will I eat anyway as I've always done? I still seem to finish my plate, but also without these veggies I'm probably not getting what I'm supposed to in this diet....I dunno.

Jan. 1: 260
1/2: 259
1/3: 257
1/4: 256
1/5: 256
1/6:
1/7:
1/8:
1/9:
1/10:
1/11:
1/12:
1/13:
1/14:
Old 01-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 186/ticker/135

Height: 5' 5.5

SW (Dec 31) 145.6
GW: 140.6

Jan 1: 145.6
Jan 2: 148.4 !
Jan 3: 148.0
Jan 4: 146.4
Jan 5: 146.2
Old 01-05-2014, 10:57 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 295/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9

joyfulme you need 20 days and 20 posts if I remember right. There is a thread about it http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...questions.html
Old 01-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #154  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

Holding steady...hope this not the same pattern I had last month...

SW 152.4
GW 147.2

31: 152.2
01: 152.4
02: 151.6
03: 149.4
04: 149.4
05: 149.6
Old 01-05-2014, 11:16 AM   #155  

ajlee I know it can be frustrating, but your body has to cooperate eventually. If you just started working out you may also be retaining water to repair muscles etc which can mask loss. Maybe try focusing more on non-scale goals so you don't get so stressed by it moving or not. Some people set up fitness goals, or x number of days perfect OP. Than if they go off plan the next challenge is to beat the streak before.

BFR you are right, this thread is flying along! You're welcome about the inclined push ups! I hope you find you can do them without stressing your shoulder too much. My mom has neck and shoulder problems and her pysio has her doing them against a wall.

nightangel it sounds like you stayed within a reasonable size for servings so you may see a small bump due to sodium. Other than that you should be fine as long as it doesn't set off cravings.... also, maybe start by eating the veggies, or eat half of them before you start eating the other tings that way you still get some of their nutrients.

joyfulme and vicki1 welcome! sounds like you both have great goals!

183 I can only imagine! We had an ice storm here in the beginning of dec and whole buildings of the apartments lost power. My hubby and I were out of town but the school was closed but the skeleton crew were trying to find places with power to let the residents sleep and set up an agreement with the dining hall for food. Apparently everyone was camped out in the student union for the better part of 3 days.

kelijpa water with lemon is a great thing to drink to help flush water weight

yay! back to my NYE weigh in weight... now just to work back to my christmas eve weight of 243.0 than onto new numbers! (for this round at least lol) I felt puffy and my rings were tight this morning so maybe this will even happen in the next day or two.

SW - 244.6
GW - 239.6
01/01 - 249.8
01/02 - 247.8
01/03 - 246.7
01/04 - 245.7
01/05 - 244.5
Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #156  

sum some peoples bodies hold water in their fat cells when the fat leaves, so the water keeps them at about the same weight. Then, at various intervals, the fat cells will flush out the water giving a quick whoosh of loss. Maybe your body is doing this? Are you tracking measurements or anything else to keep your head in the game when the scale is being stubborn?
Old 01-05-2014, 11:23 AM   #157  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I measure on and off pnkrckpixikat, thanks for the reminder I should do it again; kinda like first of the year set point. -- My clothes feel looser. I put on snowpants this am; they were super tight when we picked up our xmas tree early December and today they zipped up quite nicely.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/159

Height: 5'3

Goal 202

Jan 1: 208.4
Jan 2: 210.0
Jan 3: 210.0
Jan 4: 209.2
Jan 5: 210.0 (TMI warning : I have been on lost of meds since 12/31 for my sinus and ear infection and bronchitis. They all cause constipation. Maybe that's what's wrong with my numbers? I am drinking a lot and taking Mirilax, so I hope that helps soon)
Old 01-05-2014, 01:12 PM   #159  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

My Jan goal is to lose 4 & no p.m. snacking. Progress to date:
1/1 - 158 & no p.m. snacking
1/4 - 157 & continued success with no p.m. snacking.

joy- thanks for the correction, still, it would be great to lose more than 4.

bigfr- I exercise before b-fast too.

night- fave videos include Jazzercise-dancin' abs, Tamilee-tighter assets, AmyDixon-breathless body 1 & 2, Leslie(if I can't get outside to walk my dog) and Ana Brett-fat free yoga. *** I wear a Striiv on my pant loop, which is an accurate pedometer plus records stairs, miles, cals & mins of activity. It has challenges and rewards - very motivating. ***I try to eat my fruits & veggies first because the fiber keeps me full and helps flush out wastes.

jacqui- bravo on 40 down! Where in Ohio, I grew up in Cincy.

susan- having plans makes all the difference.

finale- I so agree about mentally believing. Head first - body will follow.

ailee-stay with the plan and believe.

Thank you ladies for your great support. Keep up the great work everyone and lets make January a great month.
Old 01-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I gained only 1 lb after my cheat day this week! I'm thrilled with that!

SW: 172
GW: 167
CW: 172

1/1: 172
1/2: 172
1/2: 171.5
1/4: 171 Cheat Day
1/5: 172
1/6:
1/7:
1/8:
1/9:
1/10:

Thanks so much Pixikat, Joy, Kelijpa, BFR, 183, and workinglikeadog! You and everyone else on this thread definitely contribute to my success!

Hi FreckFrecks! Wow, that's a big goal!

Joy, you are so welcome! I know it can get tricky, and it's the least I can do for all you do for us!

BFR, aw, thank you! You made my day with your kind words! And since I'm a retired school teacher, I will substitute for Ms. Boley here and say the reason you lowered your goal number was to make it a feasible goal to reach. You defeat that purpose by veering off plan, so back to plan, Mister! I'm watching you!

Ajlee, good job staying on plan! It will pay off! :

NightAngel, Yay on maintaining after a meal of unplanned carbs! That's happy news!

Hi joyfulme! I've heard IP is a good plan and I think sticking to plan is a great goal!

183, good job with the studying and I'm glad you can get back into the library soon, lol!

Hi Vicki1: That's a big goal for 1 month, but I hope you do it!

Kelijpa, still headed in the right direction even with a little bit of maintenance! Good job!

Turtle, yay, still dropping!

Sum, if it is the same pattern, the good news is you're going to be making goal!

Pixikat, yay! Way to go on making it to your NYE weight! Keep it going!

Susan, that could be exactly what is affecting your numbers. Once that problem is resolved, I'm sure the scale will drop. Hang in there!

Workinglikeadog, I am just south of Columbus. So how did you end up way over there in Oregon?

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 01-05-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:10 PM   #161  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hoping for a drop tomorrow, good in calories, we went for 3 miles with the snowshoes. It was tough!

Drinking lots of water today.

On the stomach shrinking debate, I definitely cannot eat the volume/quantity that I used to be able to eat, and thank goodness for that!

Last edited by kelijpa; 01-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 03:52 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 226/Ticker/170

Height: 5'10

1/1 - 225.4
1/2 - 226.0. That's okay. I worked out hard today. Kinda cheated yesterday with a piece of bacon
1/3 -225.4 okay. Gooing back down
1/4 - 225.4. When will I see a loss :/
1/5 - 225.4. Really though!!?
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #163  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

Welcome, Joyfulme and vicki1!

Rsadler126: 6 lbs (Onederland!)
boatingmommy: 6 lbs
kelijpa: 4.9 lbs
Sum38: 5 lbs
183StGB: 2.7 kgs
shr1nk1ngme: 10 lbs
nickadee: 10 lbs
SouthernBell02: 6.2 lbs
Kilketay: 5 lbs
allyp: 7 lbs
SeeMyFeet:
stilettolife: 4 lbs
workinglikeadog: 4 lbs
marymo: 4.4 lbs
Big_Fat_Rooster: 8 lbs
designchick88: 7 lbs
finale:
NightAngel26: 10 lbs
gardenerjoy: 1 lb
susan1975: 202
Turtle11: 5 lbs
pnkrckpixikat: 5 lbs
Jacqui_D: 5 lbs
kris2008: 1500 calories each day
Woodstock: 7 lbs
vix: 10.5 lbs
jennybutler357: Onederland!
ajlee33: 7 lbs
delosmuertos44: 10 lbs
onebyone: 5 lbs
darius: 10 lbs
Alhamdulillah: 5 lbs
nitrus29: Onederland!
watchoutforthatcar: 10 lbs
teati: 6 lbs
lemc87: 5 lbs
Kaitie9399: 4 lbs
Rhiko: get to 63kgs
TrayTeam: 8 lbs
dcapulet: 6 lbs
lisa4621: 5 lbs
SharShar1: 7 lbs
finale: 16 lbs
freckfrecks: 16 lbs
Joyfulme: Stick to the IP diet
vicki1: 15 lbs
Old 01-05-2014, 04:31 PM   #164  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

SW: 75.2kgs
CW: 75.75 kgs (-0.15 kgs)
GW: 74.7 kgs
Old 01-05-2014, 06:47 PM   #165  

ajlee33 "1/4 - 225.4. When will I see a loss"

That sorta question comes up very frequently. The answer is not simple nor easy to answer nor the same for everyone. I am gonna take a shot at it though.

But the simplistic answer is, it will show up when it shows up. And that is only IF... you are taking in less calories than is required to maintain your current weight (and this also takes into acccount the amount of energy/calories expended for any exercise plus what the individuals body requires just to be, to live.

This is different per person and and changes as the individual puts on more muscle mass and/or loses body fat.

And... will not show on the scales until the body is ready to let it show.

There are multiple variables which change the time of when it shows in the scales. For one, the body does not like to change size, much more so on some than others. For many, the fat cells which have had fat removed to supply the muscles with energy will place water in them to maintain the current size. An increase in weight can show up although there is a loss of fat.

Exercise does several things, all which are very beneficial to weight loss but can also help mask fat loss at the same time. For one, muscle weighs more than fat. When you perform exercise in excess of your normal amount you will both burn more calories/fat plus cause the body to build/add more muscle to help it with future exercise of the same. Your body will decrease in size but may gain in weight due to the muscle increase and "tone" the body.

Exercising different muscle groups will build muscle in different areas accelerating this growth/addition of muscle. This will result in more weight but less mass and causes things to happen like clothing getting baggy and trips to the clothing stores. Also, but much less noticeable, the bone structure will get denser in those areas to provide the strength needed to prevent bone fracture. And of course this is more weight, but less mass.

Plus, when first exercising muscles which have not been exercised they will get sore and surround themselves with liquid adding temporary weight. This does not last long, but shows a short term gain on the scales. So you have liquids collecting in the fat cells and more muscle weight and liquid around any sore muscle groups.

Taking in sodium causes the body to retain more water, thus scale weight. Cutting back on salt/sodium helps fix that, plus drinking more water to help flush it out. Adding lime or lemon to the water also helps flush it out.

For the liquid in the fat cells, the best way to get the liquid out of the cells is by doing extended (time wise) exercise of a rate in which one breathes heavy and perspires a lot, or in other words strenuous exercise. The body will be in a stressed type of condition and take immediate measures to relieve that stress. Giving up the excess liquid being the first thing the body will do in order to reduce the weight the body has to carry, making further exercise easier for the body.

I speak of the body as if it makes conscience decisions like our minds do, but that of course is not the case. The body RE-ACTS to stimuli, it does not take initiative action. It is up to us to provide the stimuli to produce the effects one wants. There is another way of getting the body to give up some of that liquid, which is diuretic action (taking in ascorbic acids such as in lime or lemon juice, or taking vitamin c or OTC diuretics), taking in less salt, or flushing out the salt. (drinking more water) Both of these can be dangerous to ones health if overdone. And the body will quit reacting to the stimuli of diuretics to quite a degree in short time. These are not recommended actions. The best way of ridding the excess liquids with no harm is strenuous exercise. The next best way is time. In time it will leave the body.

But, as first stated, if one does not have that shortfall of calories there will be no weight loss.

For a successful weight loss one must have some sort of a plan and stick with it to the extent required for weight loss.

In the news today, there is a story of a high school teacher who did a weight loss project with some of his students. For 90 days the students picked out the teachers meals for the day. The catchy part was it was all bought from McDonald's. The meals included (overall) the entire menu of Mc, including Big Macs, shakes, fries and soft drinks. But they kept the diet limited to 2000 calories per day. Plus the teacher (a science teacher) exercised daily. His loss over the 90 days was 37 lbs, that is over 12 lbs a month on McDonald's food. Obviously, the exercise played a huge part of his weight loss. My own calories are far below that 2000, but I am not doing enough exercise to make a big a fast weight reduction.

And there are plans like Oprah, who has gone from obese to skinny and back several times. She cannot make it stick.

And there is the plan like those women in the news in New York yesterday have. Their plan was to take a sledge hammer to their scales and say to **** with it, I am gonna be what I am, smashed the scales and that is it. (wonder how many of them change their minds this year, buy new scales and start again 50 lbs heavier than they are now)

We are what and where we are now due to the choices we have made. We will be what we are next week or month or year due to the choices we make now and tomorrow and the tomorrows that come.

It is much more the amount of exercise and how much we eat than what we eat that determines our body size, and the what we eat determines a large amount of how our health is.

Ut oh, I see someone else wants to use this soapbox, I will climb down and let them have it

And I will try to not get back on it for a few weeks

B F R
Closed Thread