3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Challenge to Pick Myself Up, Get Back On the Wagon and Stay on the Wagon

Old 01-30-2014, 10:01 AM   #61
"I AM..."

S/C/G: 295/285.7/150

Height: 5'9" - Reset 1-24-2014

I am in ATL too. I gained 3.1 lbs from walking to and from work yesterday hahahaha. Its kinda funny but not.

One "DOH" for every 5 lbs

MAJOR GOALS:188.6 by Dec 25th 2014 (11 months to go) I will surprise my family with this ; 150 GOAL!!! by May 2015 (16 Months to go) 3 week trip to Italy!!!Shoot I am going to Italy in May of 2015.

MINI-GOALS:260 Mani/Pedi/Spa - The works; 230 Horseback riding lessons; 199 Louis Vuitton wallet;
sept2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:38 PM   #62
Stay Focused & Committed

Height: 5" 5.5

Sept2013 - I'm sorry about your gain and I hope it's just water weight. Hang in there and hopefully you will lose that weight soon. I have been stuck inside since I got home on Tuesday afternoon and I am so ready to get out. Hopefully, I'll be back at work tomorrow.

All your goals/rewards are great ones.

Mini Goals - Lose 10% of my weight:
Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Reach 50 Pound Loss Mark:
Comfortably Fit a Size 12:
A for every 5 pounds loss:
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 01:46 PM   #63

Height: 5'5

Sept2012, I'm so sorry about your ordeal yesterday. About the weight gain, you just have to take it one step at a time, and the weight will come off again. That's what I'm doing. I'm still a little shaky some days, but all I can do is take it one day at time. And pray for God's help to get me through. But today is a new day! And today I feel determined.

GettinFit, Day 41!!! I admire your strength. Keep up the great work!!!

Day 7. Today's meals: B: bread, eggbeaters, banana, yogurt
L: salad, tuna, low-cal dressing, almonds
D: oatmeal, raisins, almonds

Let's keep going>>>>>

Last edited by tyla : 01-30-2014 at 01:47 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:17 PM   #64

Just wanted to say that I had a great day today. I changed my regular routine by changing the times I do things, kept busy, prayed for guidance, listened to joyful music and was super determined to have a great day. I even bought a skinny latte for a treat, and counted it in my cals today. (And that latte gave me extra energy, too.)

I was worried that because I said I was a little shaky lately that I was changing the juju here. Not too worry. I'm strong and I know you are strong, too, GettinFit! Let's continue to make ourselves healthy.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:48 PM   #65

S/C/G: 172/160/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi Sept. 2012, GettinFit & tyla,
May I join you? I'm new to this site and I am not sure exactly where I fit in. I have been on a wgt loss journey now for a year and a half. I recently had foot surgery and it put a stall and bump in my progress. I am determined to get back to calorie counting and hopefully in the next few weeks some exercise. ( my foot is still recovering) I am so inspired by all three of you. Thank you for sharing your stories for others motivation!!
Nursemomof06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 12:11 PM   #66
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies and Happy Friday

Nursemom, just jump right in. I hear you on the stall. I quickly dropped the first 12 pounds in Dec and it's taken me the entire month of Jan to lose 2 more pounds. I'm hoping that things will move a little faster in Feb.

Sept 2012 - I hope things are back to normal for you. Today I am back at work.

Tyla - You are doing a great job too! You'll be on day 41 before you know it.

Day 42 for me and all is good.

B: Coffee - I missed b'fast as I got distracted when I got to work
L: Lean Cuisine, Salad w/FF raspberry vinaigrette dressing, WW mini bar
D: wasn't hungry so I had 10 unsalted saltines
S: 1 glass wine, 1/2 cup mixed nuts, popcorn
Exercise: Walked 30 mins

Next week I will work harder to limit my carbs

Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:

Last edited by GettinFit : 02-01-2014 at 06:29 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 12:45 PM   #67

Welcome, Nursemom! Glad you could join us!

GettinFit, glad you can go back to work, and that things are back to normal for you. Day 42!!!

Day 8 here, and feeling so much better physically and mentally.
Breakfast: flaxseed bread, eggbeaters, banana
Snack: carrots
Lunch: mixed greens with salmon and low-cal dressing, almonds
Going out to dinner tonight-Plan on having 1/2 sandwich and small salad.

Let's make this a great day and year!

Last edited by tyla : 01-31-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 01:38 PM   #68
"I AM..."

HI Ladies,

Not back to normal hahaah but not letting it get me down Still 288.8.

GettinFIT - Finally everything seems to be back to normal here - even the crazies are being crazy on the freeways hahaah. You’re doing a great job posting here every day. Keep up the good work.

Nursemom – I started my weightloss when I was 13hahahaha just kidding. I started in July of 2012. I lost 30 LBS and then I lost my dad in May of the next year. I was devastated and did nothing for 8 months after. Now I am back and feeling better than ever. At least you came back and you have goals that is what is really important. Now comes the hard work and we are all here for you and doing the same work. One second, one minute, one day at a time.

Tyla – Yesterday was kinda stressful for me so I bought a heresy’s bar and ate the whole thing. My mind is like oh your stressed and you have your tom and you gained three pounds overnight and oh you stopped smoking… go eat some chocolate. So I did and guess what I put it in my tracker and ate less for dinner and was still pretty much on plan except for my fat intake that was kinda over the top (thinking of your skinny latte). Anyway my ramble here is… no matter what you eat track it and you sound like you already got that.

Here is my food so far for the day:

Breakfast: Coffee, Half and half, 2 scrambled eggs
Snack: Dannon light and fit Greek yogurt
Lunch : Salad, cheese and pepperoni pizza (I ate the top only) I am on no wheat, no gluten and no sugar so to me this in op
Snack: String cheese and almonds
Dinner: will be vodka, soda water, lime; GF chicken tacos at cheesecake factory these are perfect they wrap all of these veggies and chicken in sturdy lettuce and give you some really good salsa and guac. Its my fav meal. Low carb. Low calorie and YUMMY!

Have a great day,

Joy

MAJOR GOALS:188.6 by Dec 25th 2014 (11 months to go) I will surprise my family with this ; 150 GOAL!!! by May 2015 (16 Months to go) 3 week trip to Italy!!!Shoot I am going to Italy in May of 2015.

MINI-GOALS:260 Mani/Pedi/Spa - The works; 230 Horseback riding lessons; 199 Louis Vuitton wallet;

Last edited by sept2012 : 01-31-2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:07 PM   #69

Sept2012, glad to see you back! You're doing great with your food today. I'm going to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner, too. I'm having 1/2 a chicken salad sandwich with a small green salad. That's my favorite place to eat and that's my favorite sandwich. It's all in my calorie range, too.

If you can, stay off that scale. It was bringing me down and making me want to give up. Not getting on it for a while.

Have a great weekend!!! TGIF!
Old 02-01-2014, 02:26 PM   #70
Stay Focused & Committed

Hello ladies, I hope you are all having a great Saturday.

Tyla - I hope you enjoyed your dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Great job on the planning ahead.

Sept2012 - I am so happy that its finally in the 50s here. I have been out & about all day enjoying the weather.

Nursemom I hope you are doing good.

Day 43

Since I started my journey, I have only been buying snacks in 100 calorie single serving size packs. Today for the first time I bought a large pk of Chex Mix. I wanted to open the bag on the way home and dig in but I didnt. I am going to divide out the servings and put in zip lock bags. This will be a huge challenge for me but I am determined to stay in control. I am a huge junk food binger.

Have a great day ladies .

B: McDonalds fruit & maple oatmeal, coffee
L: Wendy's grilled ckn sandwich, small frosty
S. 1 serv Chex mix, 1 clementine
D: salad w/ reg vinaigrette dressing, 1 oven fried fish fillet, 2 glasses of wine
Exercise: walked 30 mins

Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:

Last edited by GettinFit : 02-01-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #71
"I AM..."

Gettinfit --- same here did a 3 mile walk today in this glorious weather hahaha here comes the rain again oi! Good job on the Chex mix I may check that out since those are all gluten free as well... Something crispy!

Tyla--- lovE cheesecake factory they have a great gluten free menu --- much appreciated!

Last edited by sept2012 : 02-01-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #72
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

GettinFit you are doing great, good to see you, keep up the great work my friend Great NSV's my friend Good for you on staying OP while being snowed in that's a great feeling I know since the weekends were what killed my progress most of the time along with evening snacking. Good for you on the chex mix

Kim back, good to see you

BonnieL good to see you

mainecyn good to see you

tyla, good to see you and good for you on the re-start, you've got this I love Cheesecake Factory, their salmon and crab cakes are delicious

Joy, sorry about the up, but it has got to be water weight, with TOM. I am sorry for your loss I'd count the hershey bar as an NSV because it curbed your appetite the remainder of the day if I read correctly, good job

Hi nursemom,

It's great to see familiar faces. I am on a few threads, not sure if you all remember me or not but I remember everybody drives my husband nuts . I'm on a thread with Jacqui, for slow carbing which worked wonders for me in January that, my faith and Jacqui. I see you all pray for guidance also. I start my day asking for wisdom and guidance to make it through the day and on this journey and I know He won't fail. My ultimate goal is to get off the diabetic meds. ... just wanted to say Hello and GREAT JOB to you all. Take Care Rennie

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 06:23 PM   #73
Stay Focused & Committed

Hi Rennie thanks for those encouraging words. You are doing an awesome job with your weight loss. I hope you are soon able to get your blood sugar under control. I am on a mission to get my B/P down so that my dr can take me off meds.

Keep up the good work

Reach Onederland:
Jiggle Free Abs:
Old 02-01-2014, 06:59 PM   #74
love to be a lower weight

S/C/G: HW 220/SW 197.2/ticker/GW 132

Height: 5'3

Thanks GettinFit, like you said it's one day at a time. I am having a problem getting all of my calories in. Sometimes they are ridiculously low on really low carb days but I'm not hungry. I was reading a new post and the worry with that appears to be slowing down my metabolism and losing muscle since I'm not doing any strength training just cardio. I guess I'll figure it out one day We'll both get off the meds, prayerfully this year

Take it 1 day, 1 sec, 1 min, 1 thought, 1 breath at a time. Learn from yesterday, don't think about tomorrow, just do the best you can today//I'm not where I want to be, but I am sure not where I used to be!//Don't let a bad meal turn into a bad day, a bad day turn into a bad week, a bad week turn into giving up, As long as you get back on track
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:23 PM   #75

Day 10 here.

Just to wish you all a Happy Super Bowl Day, Happy Groundhog Day and Happy Chinese New Year! I don't have much time to write today. Going out to breakfast with my hubby.

B: slice of ham, English muffin
L: yogurt, almonds, apple
D: soy patty, corn, spinach, yogurt

Let's stay strong.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.