Old 11-18-2013, 11:56 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

MTiger, glad the worst of the weather passed you by!

Did not exercise at all this weekend and had a pretty bad 24 hrs, foodwise from Friday evening until Sat. evening. Did pretty well yesterday.

W: 40 oz. so far today
E: One mile walking.
E: I realize I am going to have to buckle down and officially count calories for a while. I've been estimating and I don't think that is a smart way to keep track, at least for now as I am trying to lose.
D: Daily goal is my weekly goal this week. I am working on getting in a daily workout, at least M-F, and not skipping because I didn't sleep well, get to bed early enough, or any of the other excuses I've been using. For the rest of the week, I want to do a minimum of 2 miles daily with a couple of 3 miles in there somewhere.

JCatron-I use 1 & 2 pound soft hand weights when walking. Sometimes combined to 3 pounds. On the Leslie Sansone DVDs, she recommends not going over 3 pounds while walking for safety reasons.s
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:47 PM   #137  
5 kids and fat

S/C/G: 208/182/154

Height: 5'7

Lost 2 lbs this week...very happy about that. My friend convinced me to join her in doing the burpee 30 day challenge. I did not even know what a burpee was. Now I know and I am hurting

W: 80 oz (I have not made it yet but I will keep trying)
E: alternating yoga and bowflex 30 min/day...and 30 burpees/day
E: stick to plan
D: Come to terms with the fact this is a lifestyle change not a diet. I will never be able to go back to my old habits if I want to keep the weight off.
aschooley29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:31 AM   #138  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Annoyed as H*** today. Gym on Sun and Mon. Lots of water and I gain weight today???? Slap me silly, I was furious with the scale this morning. How hard can it be to get under 180...for real??!! 184.6 BLAH BLAH
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtiger View Post
Annoyed as H*** today. Gym on Sun and Mon. Lots of water and I gain weight today???? Slap me silly, I was furious with the scale this morning. How hard can it be to get under 180...for real??!! 184.6 BLAH BLAH

Mindy, hang in there! Even though we know how fickle the scale can be for us women....it is so frustrating when it doesn't reflect all of your hard work. Just breathe give it a few days.
Old 11-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

aschooley: There is a burpee challenge. Crap. I just checked out the 30 day challenge and there is a paid app. Several different challenges to try out. There is a little black dress challenge. Wish I had known about it prior to my husbands work party coming up in December.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 10:35 PM   #141  

Hi everyone! Had a pretty good day, but had an off-plan meal tonight. I had a 2.5 pound roll of sausage that I needed to cook or throw out soon. So I cooked it as patties and froze most of it, but fixed pancakes to go with the rest. So I had 2 pancakes (not huge, but not tiny) with butter and syrup and 2 sausage patties. Not bad for a rare treat, but also not a usual supper for me.

W: Got in about 70 oz. today
E: 2 Miles with 2# weights part of the walk.
E: Except for the pancake supper, I did very well. All whoe grains, fruit and veg.
D:Met my goal of for exercise.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:54 AM   #142  
Calorie Counter

Hi all!

Just a quick fly by...Yesterday I spent on the couch (yet again). This illness has got to be almost over! I feel mostly better but had a horrible headache yesterday. I did get in a walk with DH while the kids were in cooking class. So it wasn't all bad. Food was great, water was OK.

today
W 64 oz
E probably nothing
E 1400 cals
D be happy.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 05:54 AM   #143  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone!

Another work day. It should be better than yesterday though. I even think I feel better!

Official w/I day is tomorrow. I know I haven't lost much this month, but as long as I maintain I will be happy. (I haven't been off the couch on my days off most of the month!) Crappy thing is that I chose to w/I once a month officially because I wanted my official day to be in the same day as my cycle (since my weight bounces so much) Well that didn't work out too well. Between the stress of the past few months and the weight loss my cycle dates have changed drastically.

W 64 oz
E not much today
E 1400 cals
D be positive.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:31 AM   #144  
mtiger

Wink

So today we go have Thanksgiving dinner with my MIL at her "home", Must behave. Haven't been to the gym in days now. Hopefully tomorrow. Hubbie talked me into putting up Christmas lights last night instead.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #145  

Doing well today. Really focusing on the goal of exercising each day this week, M-F. Couldn't get to sleep and was tempted to stay in bed this morning. Got up with barely enough time, but did a 1 mile walk with weights. Next week, I am going to concentrate on working back up to 3 miles, at least a couple days/week.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:06 AM   #146  
Calorie Counter

down .4 pounds this month.

So I will push myself hard to get down another 5 by Christmas. I will work out. I will eat no carbs at night! and I will get in all my water!

W 80 oz
E 35 minutes on the treadmill
E 1400 cals
D enjoy my day off!
Old 11-23-2013, 08:20 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning all. Not a good week for me. Had class and being stuck in there by myself (distance learning) led to extremely long days and then to eating badly and sleeping badly and so on! Today is a new day. No more self sabotage.

It's 8 am here, bathroom is mopped, laundry is going and I am taking a minute to plan my day. I seem to do better when I write it down, so I am going to continue to blog, perhaps every day, even if I am the only one who reads it.

Thank the Lord this week is done, but there is only me to blame and if I can't change my habits, all the diets in the world won't help.

W 100, so far only coffee. Will need to drink 2 big glasses of water before I make another cup
E Running today, lifting today and putting the rest of the outside lights up.
E POP, no empty carbs, sugar detox, lots of fresh veggies and maybe a pot of soup!
D Starting over to make a new ending.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 07:31 AM   #148  
mtiger

Wink

Got to the gym yesterday..hot, sweaty mess. No loss. Then this morning it appears TOM is arriving after 66 days. OMG!!

MM- Get right back on track girl. You know you will.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 253.2/215.2/140

Height: 5'6"

No time for personals today. I will be off radar for a few days. My eyes are way too puffy and red to read a lot. While at work today I heard a rapid response called over head to my MIL room. Called the floor to confirm to be told she was bleeding out. I called my husband and stressed he needed to get to the hospital ASAP. I couldn't leave my patients exercising as I was the only nurse today in the exercise lab. Then I get a call from the nurse who runs my old floor that I fill in and am told that the doctor wants to speak to me. She tells me I need to get over there. My friend came over to cover for me and I get there in time to have my MIL apologize to me for the fact that she will be dying soon and to tell me that I have been a good DIL. They got her stabilized she bled out 4L of bloody urine/clots. She is in critical care being watched over by my co-workers on medication known as a vasopressor(this basically pumps the blood from your extremities to your heart, brain and lungs.) We are hoping to get her transferred home on hospice tomorrow. I had to bring two kids into the CCU. Normally have to be 14, it pays to have friends in high places. I also had to be the one to inform the whole family of the fact that her cancer has apparently spread. Hate being the only nurse in the family. Trying not to stress eat. Will catch up with you in a few days.
soon2beskinnyCarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 AM   #150  
Calorie Counter

Carma, I'm sorry. I will be thinking of you.