3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Fall Challenge! Starts Sept 1

Old 09-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #61
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/see blog/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

B F R - thanks for the reminder about the shingles vaccine -- really need to go and get that!

Cleancowgirl -- Yeah, thanks for the work on our weight tracking! I'm taking a shot in the dark on goal weight, since I don't know how slow or fast I could lose at this weight, so I'll go with trying to lose 8.6lbs, so a goal weight of 141.0. I'd be thrilled to be that weight at the end of this challenge!

Progress Photos | Weekly Weight Loss | My Battle With Weight in Photos
My Blog: Mrs. Snark @ Bliss-a-go-go! (warning: I'm weird.)
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #62
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

I twisted around last night while getting ready for bed and pulled a muscle in my back, right below my waist. Doh. I'm keeping aspercreame on it but I'm having to move carefully this morning.

today is my official weigh-in day but no change from a few days ago. 243.4

My parents are coming to pick me up soon for Bible study, lunch and a little shopping

Stay Puft, we call April 'the mulcher' she likes to chew on sticks more than chase them.

On the internet no one knows you are typing with your beak.

An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!!

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #63

S/C/G: 146.8/142(6/8/13)/130

Height: 5'9"

Hey I'll jump in, my goal is to get past my plateau or 141. I always get to it and then bounce back up 5 lbs. I'd like to get down to 135 and I'm starting at 145.8
Hope130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:40 AM   #64

S/C/G: 198/198/130

Height: 5'9"

Hello,

I want in as well. I am new here but ready for a change. I am 55 and have been struggling with my weight for the last 5 years or so. I would love to drop 18 pounds by the end of October, that is 2 pounds per week which seems reasonable. Let's get rolling!
TXHappygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 10:55 AM   #65

S/C/G: 279/229/150

Height: 5'2"

Not sure if we start weighing in this week or next. This is y first challenge, I am a little nervous. I am so happy I joined though I can feel myself slipping in the eating department and need some accountability.

SW:252
CW:251
GW: 234

Goal #1: Be able to wear my wedding ring. --Done!! Now its loose!
Goal #2: Be able to wear my old pants. --Done!!
Goal #3: Fit the skirt I've never worn.--Done!!
Goal #4: Lose 50lbs. --Done!!
One for every 5lbs lost:
Teeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 11:15 AM   #66
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Teenie! I think we start weighing this week, but jump in when you're ready! Hang in there -- CLING to your plan if you need to (I've had MANY clingy days!), we are happy to be here and hold your feet to the accountability fire.

patchworkpenguin - Ouch, sorry about your back! Hopefully it improves FAST!

Welcome Hope and TXHappygirl!

Happy hump day ya'll! I'm already making my weekend food menu so I won't be tempted to stray off plan (weekends are always hardest for me!). My weigh in is Friday, hoping to see a little drop, I'd be happy even with teeny tiny amount lower!

Old 09-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #67
Just One Day!

S/C/G: 270/ticker/150

Height: 5'6''

Teeni: Clean eating is the hardest part for me. I basically had to brainwash myself into thinking that junk food is poison. I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis so most junk food truly is poison for my body. I take it one day at a time and am proud of every day of clean eating that I accomplish. Also thinking of why I want to eat something helps...when I am bored, I want to eat tons of junk, when I am tired, I crave sugar, etc. Figuring out why I want to eat helps me find a healthier solution to the underlying problem.

Penguin:Hope your back feels better soon

I am feeling pretty fabulous right now. I am down 4lbs since the start of the challenge! I know it is water weight but it is weight nonetheless! I am hoping to get a workout in during the kids nap!
Old 09-04-2013, 02:43 PM   #68
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Snark, thanks for the good wishes about my back. I was told by a PT once that once you pull a muscle you are prone to injuring it again and again. I just have to be more careful

Tavvy, great to see you here! I remember you from before. Congrats on your baby!

Teeni, what a cute puppy! glad to have you join us.

Welcome, HappyGirl and Hope!

On the internet no one knows you are typing with your beak.

An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!!

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #69

S/C/G: 276/209/155

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I twisted around last night while getting ready for bed and pulled a muscle in my back, right below my waist. Doh. I'm keeping aspercreame on it but I'm having to move carefully this morning.

today is my official weigh-in day but no change from a few days ago. 243.4

My parents are coming to pick me up soon for Bible study, lunch and a little shopping

Stay Puft, we call April 'the mulcher' she likes to chew on sticks more than chase them.
Try alternating heat and ice. Heat 20 min ice 20 min and take ibuprofen for the inflammation. It is safe to take 800mg every 8 hours as long as your kidney and liver functions are normal. Feel better.

cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #70

S/C/G: 276/209/155

Height: 5'5

Welcome all new members and got everyone in the spreadsheet. Txhappy girl I just took your starting weight from your avatar as 198 and goal of 18 pounds just post if I am wrong.
Tavvy I do clean eating too as you can tell by my sign on. It can be rough at first. I have a bunch of clean eating blogs I follow for recipes if you ever are interested. Sometimes eating clean can get boring so these sites really help with creative awesome recipes. I have been eating clean for about 14 weeks and taken off 40 pounds so it does work but it can get hard.

cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 06:37 PM   #71

S/C/G: 336/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

@Stay Puft - Thank you! I hope-no, I know so! I'm definitely making it happen for myself this month.

Goal Weight 1: 299 lbs
UGW: 120 lbs

When I hit 215- No longer Morbidly Obese
When I hit 160- No longer Obese
When I hit 130- No longer Overweight
If I ever hit 100- You've gone too far. (Underweight)

Every 10 lbs I get
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #72
Michelle the Vegan

Anyone a fan of the show The Walking Dead? I watched Seasons 1 and 2 on Netflix (TWICE, in a ROW) while on the treadmill. So motivational to run because the only time I was allowed to watch the show is if I was running.

Well, I just can't wait for Season 3 to release on Netflix, so I ordered the DVDs today. Same deal will apply -- can only watch if I'm running. I see me taking verrrrry few days off running once those DVDs get here!

Old 09-04-2013, 08:44 PM   #73

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/142

Height: 5'2"

Default Looking for stop smoking thread- Cleancowgirl suggested

Hi group- Cleancowgirl posted on my introduction here today since I said I was also a smoker that I should come over here to the Chicks Up For A Challenge area and there might be others who will soon start a stop smoking program.

Does anyone know about such a thing going on now? Would like to read about it. (if you have read my introduction here, you know I have "alot on my plate" now anyway: death of husband recently to cancer, mother in hospice 2,300 miles away, now dieting on Atkins -but doing/feeling good about that for now)

But maybe it's time for me to stop smoking too-- would like to hear/read more about others who would like to do the same.

Hello??? cleancowgirl, are you seeing this? (or anyone else with info/insight for this newbie)

MrsKevin
MrsKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:48 PM   #74
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Height: 5'3"

I'm on week 5 of my current weight loss journey and decided to start counting and cutting carbs (which I've never done!) and finally started up some activity with morning dog walks. My little dog is loving it and of course I feel guilty for not always taking him. His excitement will hopefully keep me going.

CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #75
Mom jeans are cool,right?

Height: 5'3"

I don't have any smoking cessation challenge info but wanted to say you can do it! I'm so sorry you are going through so much stress and loss. Maybe focusing on your health is just what you need to do to keep busy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKevin View Post
Hi group- Cleancowgirl posted on my introduction here today since I said I was also a smoker that I should come over here to the Chicks Up For A Challenge area and there might be others who will soon start a stop smoking program.

Does anyone know about such a thing going on now? Would like to read about it. (if you have read my introduction here, you know I have "alot on my plate" now anyway: death of husband recently to cancer, mother in hospice 2,300 miles away, now dieting on Atkins -but doing/feeling good about that for now)

But maybe it's time for me to stop smoking too-- would like to hear/read more about others who would like to do the same.

Hello??? cleancowgirl, are you seeing this? (or anyone else with info/insight for this newbie)

MrsKevin

CoolMom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.