Old 09-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #46  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Tuscany, your tasting sounds like a lot of fun! I love Italian food, too!

SW: 245
Goal: 235 {I tend to drop weight like crazy or hold onto each lb like its my last. I don't usually make weight goals, we'll see what will happen.}
I weigh on Wed.
I'm still figuring out what I'm doing. I've tried almost everything, twice, and some things drove me nuts while others, that I really wanted to work, didn't.
I need to get back to exercising.

Work is sending Hubby out of town again this coming week. These trips are supposed to come to an end soon, but their idea of soon and mine aren't the same. {I have vision problems, I can't drive, so I depend on him more than the average wife}. Also I just miss him when he's gone.

We recently bought a new-to-us small RV. We've only been on one trip so far but have another planned for this month and again next month {between Hubby's trips}. We had a wonderful time, just hanging out with each other and April {see avatar} and taking short walks in the heat! So we are hoping the camping trips will be a positive step to a healthier lifestyle.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:13 AM   #47  
NeNe

S/C/G: 200/187/165

Height: 5'6"

I would like to join in also! I am excited to set goals for myself and strive to meet them. I have 35 lbs to lose to get to the goal weight I set for myself. My final goal is to do this by New Year's Day as I lose motivation if I don't lose at a constant, moderately fast rate. Using the MRC plan, I should lose 2.5 lbs per week. I plan to add back in water exercise as well in the covered pool the rec center here has. I weigh in on Wednesdays at MRC as my official weight. DH did buy me a used set of medical office scales we found on Craigslist so I weigh on them every morning. I am 49 years old until next July. My long-term goal is to be my weight when I graduated from high school (165) on my 50th birthday. I would like to lose 15 lbs by October 31st.
firegirl441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 155.2/150/149

Height: 5'2"

Gosh, this is embarrassing, I accidentally wrote this message in the wrong challenge group and tried to delete the message there but don't know if it worked, haha. Okay, well here is the right place to put this:

My "official" weigh-in day is Sunday, although this past Sunday I was out of town, so I used Saturday. My last weigh-in was 148.8. So that will be my start for this challenge. I hope by Thanksgiving (around November 28 for those not in the US), to be 15 pounds less at about 133.

Rock on, all, we can do this!
olehcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #49  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany View Post
I will be in Italy for 5 days and in the U.K. the rest of the time.
Oh my, that sounds so exciting! What a wonderful way to do a wedding, I can only imagine! I'm sure this will be an incredibly memorable trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchworkpenguin View Post
I'm still figuring out what I'm doing. I've tried almost everything, twice, and some things drove me nuts while others, that I really wanted to work, didn't.
Have you settled on any particular plan yet? I don't really follow any formal "diet" plan. I basically cut out all junk (and junky) food and diet soda and just try to make healthy choices at every meal. I went through wicked withdrawals from just about everything I think, but it definitely has gotten easier over time and I hope it keeps getting easier, too. *fingers crossed*

Also, I'd love to have an RV! We have a sailboat that we overnight in, which is kinda the same thing, but you know -- goes alot slower and has to be on the water, so we are limited that way. I dream of going to every state in an RV when my husband retires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by firegirl441 View Post
I would like to join in also!
Welcome! I bet you will rock your 50th birthday number, you can do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by olehcat View Post
Rock on, all, we can do this!
Yes we can!

Having a nice holiday weekend here in Florida. We were out on the boat yesterday and I deliberately didn't bring any snacks -- so there was no snacking to be done and also no need to exert enormous will power to avoid snacking. Win!

I'm having an overall good week other than the fact the I tried to add a bag of raw walnuts and a jar of Sunbutter to my pantry and it turns out I can't have either in my house -- definitely binge triggers. I could feel myself obsessing over them and I had a big ole handful of unplanned walnuts the first night they were here, then I had to fight them all the rest of the night. And then I was fighting both products over the last 2 days, so into the trash they went. I thought I'd come a little further than this, so that's disappointing, but knowing (and respecting) my limitations has got to be part of my plan.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #50  
DFTBA

Height: 160cm

@Tuscany my sister got married in Rome 2 years ago and the food was amazing there were 5 courses and I've never better food at a wedding/ever. I hope you enjoy!

@Big Fat Rooster Wow 19lbs! That's fantastic, fair play!

Well, I think I'm doing okay so far; I climbed (very slowly) a (tiny) mountain on Saturday which I never would have even attempted before so I'm quite happy. I think I'll try it again at the end of October just to compare.
Hope everyone's doing well and keeping on plan
Emula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 346/see ticker/120

Height: 5'2

My weigh in for yesterday (forgot to post):

SW: 313.5
CW: 314.2
GW: 285-290
alyssarof2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #52  

Height: 5 9

I weighed in on Sat, so I'll use that as my starting weight. It was 313.8
ally5151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #53  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Snark, I'm still working on a plan of action foodwise. Most of the 'diet plans' I feel very limited/restricted on. I"ve tried 'low carb', cal counting {worked to a point but drove me nuts}, intuitive eating {really wanted to work but didn't}, the list goes on. I cut out sodas, junk food, chips except on occasion, years ago. I'm starting with smaller portions and will make more changes as I feel the need or stall. I'm trying to take baby steps so as not to get discouraged or frustrated. The RV was rather an impulse purchase, but we had a great time on our first trip.

Emula, great job on your tiny mountain. Just think of the next time you climb it you will do so much better.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 380/325/180

Height: 5'9

I'm in! I'm new to this website but I intend to visit often cause I think this will really help me I've always struggled with my weight but I'm hoping that I will be able to lose the weight and keep it off this time. My weight currently is 325 and my goal for this is going to be 305. I will weigh in on Sundays.
Needtolose87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM   #55  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Needtolose87!

Everyone ready for a great Tuesday? I had a fresh peach in my oatmeal this morning, so delicious!

How was everyone's weekend?
Old 09-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #56  
Jiggly Member

S/C/G: 220/195/140?

Good weekend, but looking forward to a great week. I learned the other week that you could roast frozen brussel sprouts. I had thought I could only roast fresh veggies. But I tried it and it worked. So I am going to roast some more this afternoon to have with my lunch.

firegirl441, what a great way to celebrate your 50th!

olehcat, so I'm not the only one who forgets which thread I am in.

Emula, no mountains here so I'm a little jealous. I love that you will use that to measure progress.

alyssarof2012, I know this is going to be a great month for you. You will cross that 100 pound barrier and feel fabulous!

ally5151, welcome!

patchworkpenguin, I do baby steps as well. Sometimes it just takes experimenting on yourself long enough to find something that works for you. My dog would love to play with your dog. And that stick.

Needtolose87, welcome! Being accountable to others does seem to help me so I hope it helps you as well.

Mrs Snark, mmmmm oatmeal. I must remember to get some as now that you have mentioned it, I want some for breakfast.

Thankfully, my only trigger food currently is Mountain Dew. I can still have it around as long as I don't take a sip. No sips. Not even a tiny one. Good for you for throwing out your trigger foods. That takes strength.
Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 10:45 AM   #57  
Michelle the Vegan

Stay Puft (love your name and avatar by the way, one of my fav movies)! I love roasted brussels sprouts, so tasty. I hadn't tried roasting with frozen, either, only fresh, so that is good to know for the future!
Old 09-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #58  

Hey everyone

Read your replies to me Ms Snark and Stay Puft

Thanks for letting me know that I really ought to read much closer, that this is a two month challenge, not a one month challenge

I hereby change my challenge amount to 24 lbs rather than the 17. Think I will keep it on the lighter side.

Ms Snark, yes, the 19 lbs I lost so far have already had an impact on my back pain, practically gone But only part of the credit goes to the weight loss, the other to some stretching exercises for my knees and to some weird exercises which I started doing which together with the weight loss have had a tremendous change for the better.

I saw a post about shingles asking for help and replied to it this morning. I have had it and it is extremely painful though not life threatening. Shingles is actually the chicken pox virus, a small amount which has survived in a nerve cell since one had chicken pox, usually as a child and often 50 years earlier. Only people who have had chicken pox can get it. It is VERY painful, not like the chicken pox itself. And it will take a couple of months to get over. The good news is that there is a vaccine for it, a one time vaccination which gives excellent protection against shingles. If you have had chicken pox, I highly suggest getting that vaccination as soon as possible. Even if you have had shingles, unfortunately you can get it over and over. I had it more than once myself but when that vaccine came out I got it, I do not want to go through that stuff again.

Staypuft, there are mountains all around me, you are welcome to come climb any of them you want as many times as ya want while I watch ya comfortably from my easy chair

B F R
Big Fat Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 270/270/160

Height: 5'5

I made a spread sheet to keep track of everyone's progress.
I need the following sw/ gw for this challenge from these members: pnkrckpixikat, lady of port, monkeysmom, jazzii, only believe,ok lizzy, mrs snark (need just a goal weight) staypuft (need a starting weight)
If you posted and I missed it sorry, I tried going back over each post.
Weights will be calculated and posted tuesdays. Weights are due by 8pm Mondays. If you weigh later in the week it will be posted on the next weeks data. If you miss more than 2 weeks unless you contact me you are taken off the roster but are allowed to post at anytime if you want to restart.
The winner will be the one with the most percentage.
Good luck to everyone!
cleancowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #60  
Jiggly Member

S/C/G: 220/195/140?

cleancowgirl, thanks for doing all the work for this. Sorry I forgot about posting my actual start weight from Sept. 1.

SW: 196.0
GW: 183.0 (-13 lbs)

9/03: 193.8

BFR, I probably couldn't climb them in my current shape. But I could stare longingly at them and yell "some day mountains I shall climb you!" And then I would remember my fear of heights and slink away.
Stay Puft is offline   Reply With Quote