• SW: 177.6
    GW: 167.6

8/1: 177.6
    8/2: 176.8
    8/3: 175.6
    8/4: 176.8
    8/5: 177
    8/6: 176.4

Getting back in the right direction. Dodgeball tonight so that'll be fun! And sweaty.

Totally going to plan Lene! I'm sure it will help.
  • Tuscany it just needs to catch it's breath, hooray for holding steady!

Sum38 you are doing great!

Turtle congrats! a new decade!

BG mine jumps around before settling to and it is also digital, I was having the same excitement, it seemed to be considering 249 but not quite yet! maybe tomorrow for both of us!

Thanks everyone for the well wishes! I'm trying to figure out what to wear since most of my clothes don't fit since the regain and the couple things I bought are most definitely NOT interview attire lol I may just run up to target and get some cheap black slacks to solve the dilemma, a pair of DH's old slacks fit me, but don't look very good at all... on the other hand, DH just started his new job and won't get paid until the 16th blegh idk lol

8/1: 251.4
    8/2: 250.6
    8/3: 250.2
    8/4: 251.4
    8/5: 251.6
    8/6: 250.6
  • New low for the month! Woohoo!

SW: 79.6kgs
    CW: 79
    GW: 78

LovelyLeah: congrats on the job! Sounds like fun. Some years, I can get my Christmas mojo moving in October (those are the years I get Christmas shopping done really early). August would be early, even for me, but I could probably summon it if I got paid to!

pixikat: good luck on your interviews! Black slacks in various sizes is how I coped with my changing weight when I was losing. They can look professional or dressy depending on the shirt / jacket / accessories.
  • Gardener For years I've had jobs where black slacks were part of the uniform, so since I haven't worked since Dec most of my black slacks got thrown out (the ones that were too big in the 220s) or are now waaaay too small since regaining close to 50lbs. I bought lots of jeans and shorts instead since I no longer HAD to wear them. I have one pair of 18s that i need another inch before they close :s lol so I just ran to Ross and picked up a pair for $12.
  • Sw: 176
    Gw: 165

8/1: 176
    8/2: 175
    8/3: 175
    8/4: 174.4
    8/5: 174
    8/6: 173.6

Yay!
  • SW: 152.5/GW for August: 146
    8/1: 152.5
    8/2: 152
    8/3: 150.5
    8/4: 150
    8/5: 151
    8/6: 151- hey at least its not a gain! and I had way too much coffee at work last night!!!

53+ inches lost

= 5 pounds lost
  • A quarter pounder day for me!

Aug 1: 157.25
    Aug 2: 156.75 (-0.50)
    Aug 3: 156.00 (-0.75)
    Aug 4: 155.25 (-0.75)
    Aug 5: 154.50 (-0.75)
    Aug 6: 154.50 (0.00)
    Aug 7: 154.25 (-0.25)

GW: 149.00

Turtle: You made it to the 160's!!!! Way to go Greyhound!!! The carrot and I are dancing and my fingers are again crossed in hopes that it sticks.

Lene: You're again moving in the right direction! Yes, I was born in England. I was almost a teenager before we came to Canada. But, unlike the rest of my family, I detest tea . I still love England and I'm typically there once a year, because my daughter now lives there. She's doing her PhD at Oxford. I will be going to visit her next month. I'd really like to make some progress on the diet front in August, so I can have a bit of a cushion in September when I'm over in Europe.

bg124: Another good loss…look out 240's…any day now!

pixi: I'm glad the scales moved for you…black slacks are a good choice. I hope the campus interview went well.

junebug: You'll be in the 140's before you know it.

GardenerJoy, Leah, BleuMaus, TrayTeam, wolfgirl, Sum: Wow...everyone's losing this month...way to go!
  • Sw: 176
    Gw: 165

8/1: 176
    8/2: 175
    8/3: 175
    8/4: 174.4
    8/5: 174
    8/6: 173.6
    8/7: 173

I'm steadily losing weight!

Tuscany You're doing great!
  • 8/2: 179.6
    8/6: 178.6
    8/7: 177.8

Looks like everyone is doing so well so far!! I do have. Bit of a random question... yesterday i was exausted but i dragged my *** to the gym but today I was so exausted i just turned over and went back to bed. Anyone have any tips on thoes days where your bed seems like a much better idea than working out?
  • BleuMaus: Is it possible for you to go to the gym later in the day? If so, perhaps make later your regular time (if you often have this problem). Or just go later on those days when you don't go first thing. Perhaps if your mind knows that, by staying in bed, you're just postponing the issue, not eliminating it, you'll make yourself get up!
  • It seems to be sticking!

bg - congrats on the new decade. I know It feels absurdly good

Leah - congrats on the job! I LOVE Christmas. I don't do too much decorating for the other holidays, but I go nuts at Christmas. I must have 6 huge bins of stuff. I might even think I wouldn't get sick of listening to Christmas music all the time.

Lene - you'll be in 160s soon, I bet you have a whoosh right around the corner.

Bleu - awesome job on the scales, they are moving right along! I prefer morning workouts. I used to get up, get on the elliptical, half asleep, and by the time I was fully awake I would be 3/4 of the way done with the workout. Now the getting up part is the tough one. After a few days of getting up I think your body gets used to the change, maybe tell yourself, just a couple more days and it'll be easier?

Tray - dodgeball is great. You have to stay really alert the whole time, I bet it burns a decent amount of calories.

pixi - congrats on the interview and GL, I'm sure you'll rock it Ross has good stuff, you just have to look. I actually got a cute Calvin Klein suit there a few months ago that was cheap.

Garden - new lows are awesome, you are so close to goal!

Tuscany - you just keep inching along, and it adds up so quick. I hope you aren't getting any finger cramps, because I can tell you've been keeping them crossed.

Wolf - awesome steady rate of losing!

SW (July 31): 172
    GW: 165

August 1: 171
    August 2: 171
    August 3: 171
    August 4: 170.2
    August 5: 170.0
    August 6: 169.8
    August 7: 168.8
  • No change today but I'm happy with that since we had the dish with soy sauce for supper again last night.

SW: 79.6kgs
    CW: 79
    GW: 78

Yay, bg124, for the 240s!
  • 8/1 - 163.5
    8/2 - 162.5
    8/3 - 162.5
    8/4 - 163
    8/5 - 162
    8/6 - 161
    8/7 - 160

Have I seriously lost 3.5 pounds in a week?! Plateau is FINALLY broken!!!! I also lost another inch off my waist!

It's kinda corny but because my my scale is kept under our vanity I weigh myself naked in front of the mirror and so I've started saying "Hey hottie, rock that body!" It makes me laugh!
  • Woo, dodgeball was extra sweaty last night. Really got my heart rate up!

Another loss today, it's nice to just see steady declines.

SW: 177.6
    GW: 167.6

8/1: 177.6
    8/2: 176.8
    8/3: 175.6
    8/4: 176.8
    8/5: 177
    8/6: 176.4
    8/7: 175.6
  • TuscanyThere you go again! see your body just needed a breather!

Bleumaus sometime your body really just does need some extra rest. are you usually consistantly able to get up and go? if so I wouldn't worry about a day here or there when it doesn't happen. If it is an everyday struggle... IDK, is there another time that you could go? after work or something? If not than maybe set more than one alarm only a minute or two apart, that has worked for me in the past, forced me to wake up enough that good intentions over-ruled the comfy bed.

BG CONGRATS! and I made it too! woot *high fives*

Turtle a full pound all in one go! awesome! keep it up

Gardener drat that soy sauce! make sure to get in LOTS of water today to flush the system

Leah apparently you have! while plateaus suck, when you make it through to the other side the steady drop is awesome to watch

Tray dodgeball sounds fun, where do you do it? I wonder if there is anything around my area...

Thanks for all the well wishes on the interview, I think it went really well. She said that she should know by Monday so I have a few days to wait it out lol The other job still hasn't gotten back to me to schedule an interview, it is kind of making me wary about management there :s meh

Today has been a good one so far for weight loss. saw 249.4 (hooray!) then I went for my walk which I do on my non-gym days (5k) as I was finishing my walk my DH called, he left his badge at home so I ran it up to him, his work is only a couple miles from my gym and I was already in my workout clothes so I went in and did a workout anyways since I was there. So now I am exhausted but feel accomplished which is good.

8/1: 251.4
    8/2: 250.6
    8/3: 250.2
    8/4: 251.4
    8/5: 251.6
    8/6: 250.6
    8/7: 249.4