Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 04:51 PM   #331  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

still here and keeping up.

congrats to everybody who saw a lost this week!!

i travelled for business this week, and then something sort of unpleasant happened. so i am holding on to my seat and avoiding the scale. i think i lose consistently when i stay within my calories, i just need to start staying within.... lol
Old 08-11-2013, 12:06 AM   #332  
Golden Goose

S/C/G: 333/tracker/150

Height: 5'10

Just updated, 10 pounds lost so far!
Old 08-11-2013, 07:47 PM   #333  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

Anyone thinking about costumes yet? I was shopping through my closet and thinking about what kinds of hot things I might wear... But most things are more "pretty" than "costume." Am I allowed to go as a pretty, thinner lady?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:52 PM   #334  
i lost my head awhile ago

S/C/G: 286/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2

FINALLY out of the 270s! It might be short lived, but I'm taking it as a small goal!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:53 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 226/174.6/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyMathChick View Post
Anyone thinking about costumes yet? I was shopping through my closet and thinking about what kinds of hot things I might wear... But most things are more "pretty" than "costume." Am I allowed to go as a pretty, thinner lady?
If that's what you want! I, for one, don't find myself "sexy" but love pretty things and finally am starting to feel pretty enough to pull them off. Your post has me thinking and I'm currently thinking Alice in Wonderland. Not necessarily a "sexy" Alice but definately a hot one!

Just added my weight and am in shock over how much I've lost over the past 3 weeks. My goal was a pound a week and I'm down over 10 with not doing much outside of eating how WW says I should! (Which I've known all along that it works, just got stuck and was more lineant on myself that I needed to be). Today I'm down 50 from the weight I started this journey at and 71 from my heaviest. I might have to be a model tonight.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:04 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 165/149/125

Height: 5'6"

Gave in today and ate a little bit of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and extra cheesy lasagna. Hopefully it won't set me back too much.
Old 08-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #337  
Amazing Revelations

S/C/G: 272/ticker/161

Height: 5ft 7

hiya all, I am late jumping on the bandwagon but have added my name and weight as of today, looking forward to a slimmer Halloween!
I had a nose at all your losses so far, you are all so inspiring!
i don't have a specific goal by Halloween, any loss would be great, but i would absolutely love to be past the 240's by then, so i am going to shoot for 239, which would be a loss of 17lbs. keep up the good work chicks!
Old 08-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 268/163/155

Height: 5 foot 6

booooooya ! 100 lbs down so far! (obviously not since i started this challenge haha). It will be 1 year on aug 20 since i started losing weight so i hoping i can make it 102 (fingers crossed). my wedding dress arrived this week (size 12) and i want to wear it around the house but i know i cant lol
Old 08-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #339  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

Seize the Day - Thanks so much for all the info! I tried going low carb (under 50 g/day) for a few days last week/over the weekend, but the whole experiment ended with me rushing to my work cafeteria yesterday and gorging myself on fried plaintain chips and cookies. It made me have out of control carb cravings! I can definitely see how it works but knowing myself, I can forsee it being a problem for me if I try to continue keeping the carbs so low because if I feel that deprived I'll end up bingeing hard core eventually, so I don't think it's going to work for me. Plus the fact that I really don't like meat that much made it difficult. For the rest of the week I'm going to try to keep my carbs at 105 g or lower and see how that goes-- that way I can get some beans, a slice of toast with my eggs, yogurt, and my daily apple without feeling like I'm blowing the whole thing. That experiment gave me a lot of respect for you though-- serious carb cutting is no joke!

I'm still trying to be strict with myself in regards to counting calories and doing cardio at least 5 days a week. I'm a little behind after my carb hiccup yesterday, but I'm determined to work hard for the rest of the week to make up for it. I REALLY want to start losing again and say goodbye to this STUPID plateau. It seems neverending.

Let me know if any of you guys have any other ideas for kicking plateaus to the curb!!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM   #340  
Make each day count!

S/C/G: 263.5/see ticker/180 for now

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kymish View Post
booooooya ! 100 lbs down so far! (obviously not since i started this challenge haha). It will be 1 year on aug 20 since i started losing weight so i hoping i can make it 102 (fingers crossed). my wedding dress arrived this week (size 12) and i want to wear it around the house but i know i cant lol
Congrats! That's exciting! (I say kick the fiance out of the house for a while and wear the dress, just don't eat anything while doing it cause spilling something on it would be the worst!)
Old 08-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #341  
~Tori~

S/C/G: 250/224.2/150

Height: 5'4

Hey everone, im Tori, sorry to join late , my start weight is 250, im at 247 today , my goal for halloween is 215 thats a big goal but with low carb i can do it , i hope i can stick with it! Lets go!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #342  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Vdh2102: I feel your pain, haha. The carb cravings dwindled (to some degree) for me after about 2 weeks of 50 grams or less, but it was not easy. Had it not be suggested by my doctor, I probably wouldn't have stuck with it.

105 grams is a good amount and still under the norm. I am sticking to 100 or less, right now, and trying to dip down a little further (closer to 50-70) once or twice a week. I is a tricky diet to follow, for sure, but it has a lot of health gains (weight loss plus less seizures) so I am doing my best to stick with it

I think your plan sounds good. Plateaus are hard to break (I am hitting a bit of one myself) but we can break through them with commitment and patience. Good luck!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #343  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Hi all!! Checking in!

I came back from my float/camping trip on Sunday and was still kinda in vacation mode until yesterday but I'm still here and still 161.6 this morning (before twosies!) I feel kinda spacey right now due to the anti-inflammatory meds for my knee.

Keep up the great work, people!!! Will do personals a bit later!
Old 08-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #344  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya ladies! Hope everyone has awesome weigh ins tomorrow!!!

vdh2102 -- I tried low carb last time I lost weight and it worked GREAT. I can't do it now because I'm nursing, and it also didn't seem exactly the healthiest to me. It worked for losing weight, but not something I would be able to keep up for life. This time losing weight, I am trying to change my eating habits to something I could endure permanently. I am vegetarian though, so low carb without meat can be done. I ate a lot of cheese...thus why I said I'm not sure it's the healthiest, lol. Also I LOVE fruit, and fruit adds up the carbs really fast. I hope you figure it out though, I know you've been working so hard for so long without much loss. Now that you joined a gym, are you seeing much of a change? I imagine that would have to make a dramatic change from not exercising!

mccull83 -- woohoo, congrats on losing "new weight!". I've been there and it feels great to make it past your old progress and move on

Slush -- congrats! 10 pounds, woot woot!!!

SunnyMathChick -- as much as I would like to now go rock some sultry Halloween costume for the first time in about 10 years, my only halloween outing will be with the kiddos, lol. So I am focusing on a costume that will let me carry the baby and have us coordinate. Not exactly sexy, ha ha. But honestly, I don't really care as I am having fun dressing everyday in smaller clothes!!!

Mori M - Welcome to the 260s! I don't know about you, but for me hitting 249 was such a huge mark (closer to 200 than 300), and you're almost there!

KellinaKatrina --Way to go on your losses too! Always nice when the scale moves faster than we expect We're about the same weight now -- funny how when I saw your number I thought -- "well, she's so skinny!" and then I realized I have the same stats now, haha. Hard to have the mind catch up

MissSMcC and cheeriloos--welcome! I love these challengs -- the chart helps accountability, and so neat to see the number going down. Good luck on knocking those pounds to the curb.

Kymish -- 100 pounds, boom!!!! Way to go! We need pictures,

As for me, I weighed in at 178.6 today...I am officially in the 170s!!! It is so weird for me. I am almost at my goal...and I really never thought I would reach it. 174 was like a dream number. What is even weirder is my old pair of goal pants are now big...crazy!

(Posted at the same time as Amandie -- welcome back!!!)

Last edited by jessicado22; 08-14-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #345  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Way to go, Jessica! That is AWESOME! At this rate, you're totally gonna catch up to me! Definitely an awesome NSV about your goal pants being too big! Heh.
Closed Thread