Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 183.3/183.3/150

Height: 5'7

MamaWhitty: I know it can be so frustrating when you are following all the rules and it doesn't seem to be working, but it sounds like you're just on a plateau and will be due for a whoosh in the near future if you can just motivate yourself to keep it up. Are you stressed? Have you been sleeping enough? I've noticed that those things can sometimes slow me down even if i'm sticking to my diet plan. I knew someone who was doing a really good job for a month or so and didn't know why it wasn't working, and then she had a little vacation from the stress of work and was able to get adequate sleep and dropped a bunch all at once. Make sure that you have those bases covered!!

Koconut: Congratulations about making it through a whole night out without alcohol! If you're anything like me, that's a serious accomplishment! Let us know how the juice cleanse goes-- I did that last week after the fouth of july weekend and it really helped me flush out all the water weight quickly. I only did it for one day but I did notice that I felt very energized by the end of the day, probably from staying so hydrated.

CherryChan: Don't worry, we all have weekends where we break bad and carboload-- it's a natural part of the diet cycle! The only thing that will matter in the end is not how many carbs you ate, but that you dusted yourself off and climbed right back on the wagon. None of us can be perfect all the time, so don't be too hard on yourself.

Stimkovs: I used to live alone too, before my boyfriend moved in with me, and I had a really hard time with grocery shopping and dieting. One thing I started doing was only keeping bare essentials around that required me to cook them in order for them to be edible (i.e. eggs), plus maybe some fruit or something. That way I had to go through the extra step of cooking it before I could eat it, and that made me really consider whether I was actually hungry. For snacks and everything else, I wouldn't keep it in my apartment so that if I wanted something like that, I would have to walk to the grocery store (i live in NYC) and go get it each time. Let me tell you, that really helped me cut back! It gives you extra time to think about whether you really want something instead of the instant gratification of being able to put the food in your mouth and be done with it. Plus it had the added bonus of saving me money, because i realized that when I lived alone and did big grocery trips, I often didn't have time to finish allt he perishable things I'd purchased anyway, so they would go bad and be wasted. Just some advice from a fellow solitary dwelling dieter!

Good luck this week everybody! I've been on a serious plateau but am desperately hoping for a woosh this week. I've had a hard time staying totally OP but I'm determined to at least lose something by Thurs! Wish me luck...
Old 07-15-2013, 11:48 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Height: 5'5"

Hiya all -- running out the door, so not enough time for personals, sorry! Gonna be gone till Friday camping, so I just put my weight in early at 190. I actually saw the scale flicker in the 180s today!!! Woohoo!

Originally when I planned to go on this trip, I was going to allow myself to eat anything I wanted. A cheat week. I love camping and munching on crap. And hot chocolate and smores. But I've been thinking about it and how cool would it be to come back and be smaller than when I left? Would those doritos taste great? Sure. But in the long run, what would be even better would be coming home and having the scale officially in the 180s instead of the 190s.

So...on that note, I am going to try and behave. If we can fit it, we are bringing the jogging stroller, and I am going to commit to running each morning with the baby. I even tried making healthy hot cocoa last night with stevia (it was erm....interesting). I am going to have some smores, and some snacks because I have been looking forward to this trip all freaking year. But I am going to make a real effort to stay healthy for the most part and make better choices.

So hope everyone else has a wonderful week and great weigh ins on Thursday! See you next week
Old 07-15-2013, 12:03 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 305/ticker/175

Height: 5 ft 8 inches

I added my name down on the list, hope that's okay! I haven't been on here a lot lately, but I love challenges like this. Spreadsheet junkie!

Anyway, I am currently enrolled in a fitness program at my local gym where they weigh us once a week, so I put in my weights for the past couple weeks and will update again after my weigh-in tonight.

Thanks for setting up this challenge!
Old 07-15-2013, 02:33 PM   #154  
Hi there

S/C/G: (HW 215) 208/T/145

Height: 5' 5"

I have had some super awesome experiences in the last few days! Unfortunately, they involved a lot of bountiful eating.

I also felt sort of discouraged this weekend. I went to a wedding feeling super hot, but the pics didn't reflect my vision of myself. So... Definitely need to keep working!
Old 07-15-2013, 06:19 PM   #155  

S/C/G: 275/264/160

Height: 5 ft 9 inches

One week off carbs and just weighed in at WW....Im now 266.7, down from my original 275.
Old 07-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Okay, Amandie, I'm officially in!

@Missys Mom, WOW, just wow! That's a great scale drop. Congrats!
Old 07-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 245/222/180

Height: 5'9"

I'm in! Again! Didn't do quite as well with the 4th of July challenge as I'd hoped. I just got sidetracked quite often. But I am back on the bandwagon and shooting for the stars!! I want to be under 200 by Halloween! Starting at 217.5.... Good luck to everyone... Here we go!!
Old 07-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

Height: 5'7"

depressed... gained 2.2lbs in 2 days... SIGH SIGH SIGH!!!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:59 AM   #159  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Welcome, Turtle! Definitely not too late! GL!

Katy- Hang in there! You got this!

Jez- 9lbs in 2 weeks? Nice!!!

Aw, Cherry! It happens to the best of us (including me!) If weighing daily has got you down, maybe you should stick with weighing once a week for now? Just an idea. Just keep doing what you're supposed to do and it will go down! Maybe plan for indulgences that are OP so you don't feel restricted if that's possible? If you happen to eat anything that's really salty, I hear a bit of extra water helps (to flush out the sodium or something like that, lol.)

Welcome back, Shannon! One-derland by Halloween- awesome!

Welcome to the challenge, Astrix! I love spreadsheets too!

Jessica- I know you may not see this until you get back but have fun camping!!! on hitting the 180s by the time you get back! That'd be awesome!

Missy's Mom- Wow! Very nice loss for the week! WTG!

Vdh2102- on getting over your plateau!

Christine- Don't get too down on yourself! If you felt hot then you are HOT! Pics do not always capture our best (they almost never do for me, lol.) As for the bountiful eating, no worries. It's only the 2nd week, you got this.

Acon- Welcome, welcome! Glad to have you with us!

Stimkovs- Sounds like you got a great plan of attack for your outing and upcoming party. Good luck- you can do it! on clothes still fitting and seeing a loss come Thursday!

I'm up right now- drank and ate more than I'd have liked on Saturday at the town picnic. I am being good for rest of the week so I can (hopefully) see a loss on Thursday. I am ditching Insanity- my right knee is hurting way too much (crapppp! ) Hopefully after a week of leg rest, I'll be able to do either 30 Day Shred or just the elliptical. For now, I'm just gonna do a weight/strength training routine with my arms every other day. A bit bummed out about my knee right now but it'll be ok.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #160  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Today I weighed in at 0.6 down from last week. I'm holding off on recording it until Thursday (hopefully I can get down a little bit more).

It's really hot and muggy here and it makes it hard to want to work out, but I'm also doing the 100 days of working out challenge... so hopefully I can keep it together!
Old 07-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 137/127.5/120

Height: 5'5.5

Juice fast definitely did NOT work!! By 3 pm, I was feeling lightheaded and weak, and ended up eating everything sight . But I was good yesterday, probably from feeling so gross from my binge. I lost ~1/2 lbs from Sunday - at 127.4 this morning! Woohooooo!! I have a suspicious feeling it's because I'm so dehydrated (it's so hot here in Chicago right now), but I"ll take what I can get.

Tonight, I'm making dinner for some friends out the Jerusalem cookbook - ultra excited to try out the amazing recipes, but kinda worried I'll like them TOO much and eat too much at dinner. I'm making roasted sweet potatoes with figs, herb saffron rice with pistachio, butternut squash and tahini spread, lamb & pine nut-stuffed eggplants, and homemade french bread (my ultimate weakness.....). I think I'll actually eat something healthy (lean protein) before the dinner party starts so I don't feel as hungry.

Last edited by koconut23; 07-16-2013 at 12:18 PM. Reason: wrong weight
Old 07-16-2013, 09:47 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 194/168.4/127 (lbs)

thanks Guys... just the motivation I needed to keep going...
and I kinda gained another half a pound this morning... -_-"
but I'll keep going...
Old 07-16-2013, 10:11 PM   #163  
Shona★

S/C/G: 220/185.4/140

Height: 5'6

Weighed myself this morning with 0.4 pounds gone, not a big loss but I did lose 2.2 pounds last week which for me is a big loss. I won't put it on the spreadsheet until tomorrow though - for the same reason as seize the day, maybe i'll get on the scale tomorrow with another 0.1 pound gone.

But overall i'm happy with my loss this week considering I thought I did pretty bad this week - because I only exercised 5 days instead of 6, but that was just me over thinking.

Now i'm just hoping my scale was being truthful to me and I don't get back on the scale tomorrow with it gained back.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #164  

S/C/G: 285/249.6/175

Hi everyone, I have been doing a lot of reading of everyone's post but have not posted to much here myself. I wanted to tell everyone here how much you have all kept me motivated and how much all the support everyone here shows to each other helps me remember I am not on my journey to a healthy ME alone! In any event I wanted to share that as of this morning I have officially lost 30lbs, and have passed my first mini goal!!!! Thank you everyone for all the positivity you all give to each other, I think it's time I join in a little more and offer the love and support back to everyone else here as well!

Last edited by suzukigurl; 07-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/170

Height: 5'6"

Can not wait for weigh in tomorrow! I've been dropping like it's hot these past two weeks
Closed Thread